>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

Case
>mATX? Thermaltake Versa H15 is the answer
>ATX? consider downsizing to mATX

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: images (4).jpg (554x554, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5Xm2V8O5po
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/wpqBYT
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1212852-REG/acer_um_hx1aa_001_xb271hu_bmiprz_27_widescreen.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/MVJmKB
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/kNLwFt
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/
amazon.com/dp/B00J8E93G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JV.-BbKB3FY6K
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=A5Xm2V8O5po

AMD might be jewish, but at least they aren't as jewish as intel or nvidia.
Even if they had the monopoly in either market they would still be good guys who'd screw you over only a little bit compared to other companies

Anyone from Spain has experience ordering from Newegg?

By 980ti hybrids VRM fried its self at 3am Sunday morning.
It is objectively the worst time to buy a GPU in all of recorded history.
Should I just buy a epower from evga and replace the vrm?
As sick as the rtx 2080s look I'm not paying 800 for 1080ti raster performance in 2019-(1.33/12). If I buy another used GPU the vrm will likely shit in 2 years again because I used my PC 16 hours a day.
Kill me

Attached: IMG_20181125_131357-01.jpg (1920x1440, 1.38M)

Doesn't matter what the brand, the whole idea of branding completely different products (lesser performing products) as something that already exists is absolutely deplorable.

Nvidia performance shits on AMD and they're both jewey so who cares
always buy Nvidia

Attached: 1543190987693.jpg (626x657, 81K)

What monitor res/refresh are you using?

What RTX 2070 have the good chips?

kys
These cunts aren't innocent either, and go about it in a different way.

1440p 144hz with gsync. Need at least stock 1080fe performance just to match the 980ti I bought Feb 2017 for $350. Fucking bullshit

RTX 2070 is the chip

EVGA XC Ultra

lemme know when gaymd makes powerful cards with temps/power that can match nvidia
as it stands there are no gaymd cards that can power 1440p at high refresh rates so they're just crappy budget cards that's even more obvious when you see them bundle their crappy budget cards with 2-3 gaymes LOL

1070ti. 95% of the 1080 performance for a substantial saving. It's still a marked improvement over the 980ti.

Why not buy a 1070 Ti? I see there are some you can buy for 430-450$

buy a 2070 loser!

I hope you bear with a literal technological retard

I need to upgrade my cpu. Bought a GTX 1080, but lo and behold, my Xeon E3-1230 v3 is not up for the task of playing stuff like BF V.

I got a 1150 socket, what CPU should I get? Should I upgrade my mainboard too? Budget is about 400€ (for the cpu).

Mind you that I have no idea what im doing, so pls dont scam me.

Attached: 1489791213512.jpg (305x309, 54K)

>doesn't post his PSU so we can see if that's a piece of shit or not
go away

Fuck.

That was mostly a EVGA problem right? The different versions I mean.

Is the MSI Gaming Z safe? That's the one I'm probably getting.

Hate to tell you, but a 1230 is about as good as it gets for 1150lga.
Time to weigh up the pros and cons of LGA1151 and AM4 socket platforms.

>That was mostly a EVGA problem right?
No. It affects all vendors.
>Is the MSI Gaming Z safe?
I'm pretty sure it is safe. Easiest way to tell a sub par "2070" is usually a low msrp combined with standard boost clock speed.

What monitor do you recommend for a 8700k and a RTS 2070?

I'm not sure if going 144Hz because if I can't run new games at higher framerate in a couple of years I would be mad at going back to 60.

whats a psu

Is this 24 pin psu-motherboard cable supposed to be this damn hard to unplug or is there some latch on it I'm not seeing? The amount of force you have to exert on some of this shit is scary

Attached: 1520437082_slay concern.jpg (720x480, 75K)

Only in new games with driver trickery. Synthetics, old games, real games it only matches the overclocked 980ti I got for $350 two years ago.I don't play AAA.
Today is the worst time in history to buy a GPU.

Just got an EVGA 1070 SC because it was $200 maplebucks cheaper than any other 1070 or 1070 TI. Did I do well?

What are you talking about? Clock the 1070ti to 2000mhz on the core and the Maxwell has no chance of keeping up.

R8 this build it.pcpartpicker.com/list/wpqBYT

Thank you. What would be the pros and cons? I guess a 1230 would not be able to carry me for a few more years?

Price is not an issue.

Originally priced $800 Acer Predator 2k 1440p IPS 144hz IPS monitor on sale at $520.
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1212852-REG/acer_um_hx1aa_001_xb271hu_bmiprz_27_widescreen.html
Yay or nay?

Attached: XB271HUmonitor.jpg (1500x1217, 101K)

Any good IPS monitor for gaming at 1080p @ 75Hz with decent response time?

Is VA better than IPS for console gaming and second screen? Or is it the other way around

Hi Jow Forums

I’m in need of a new PC.
Currently, i5-2320, 18gb RAM, EVGA 1050ti 4gb SSC used for gaming.

I honestly don’t know where to start, I was just going to upgrade the CPU but then I’d need a new MoBo and so I may aswell get some faster ram (DDR3 atm) so it’s sort of turned into a full rebuild.
I’m happy(ish) with the 1050ti as it serves it’s purpose currently but I don’t know where to start with the rest of the gear.
I’ve been looking at CPUs (7700k) and I’m sure this is fit for purpose right now but how will it stack up in the future?
My budget is around £1000 for the cpu, MoBo, RAM and PSU if needed.
Can you help?

This is what I am thinking so far.
pcpartpicker.com/list/MVJmKB

Any comments?

>what would be the pros and cons
That's a massive rabbit hole to dive down. In your case of having $400 to spend, I'd throw it at an R5 2600/B450/3200CL16 CPU/MB/RAM combination. Should be able to get a new platform for under $350 with a 6c/12t CPU.
Fuck I wish I had access to that price in my country. DO IT FAGGOT! It's a fantastic monitor.

Forget the thermal grizzly, the Define R6 is pointlessly big unless you have a library of over half a dozen HDDs, and I'd recommend pairing that 2600X with an Asrock B450 Pro4 to make the most of PBO.
That's not bad. Do you need the extra cores and threads of the R7? Might be able to save a lot of cash with little loss in performance going a 2600X.

it.pcpartpicker.com/list/kNLwFt

Changed the ram to Samsung B die ram which will be better and is cheaper. Also why the fuck are you buying a vega 56 for €500 when there's RTX 2070 for €540?

That's not what I said. I said I need at least a stock 1080 FE to match the 980ti over clock(maxwell over clocks like 30% its not cucked like pascal) going by synthetics and games outside of memory bandwidth/driver cuckery(WoW/Warframe Fortuna are good examples).
An over clocked 1070ti is faster than a stock 1080fe and so greater than what I said I need but its marginal and roughly the same price the 980ti was two years ago.
The problem is to get a significantly faster GPU I need at least a 1080ti. An over clocked 1070ti will be just barely faster, maybe 10-15% at most.
This isn't how its supposed to work. The 980ti was $350 TWO YEARS AGO.
This is obscenely simple. OC 980ti = stock reference 1080. Plug in other cards where they belong.
I'll likely buy a used 1060 with an ebay discount for under $200 and wait until the GPU market isn't the worst its ever been in all time. I'm more looking for "damn user that's gay yeah the market is shit" than "lol side grade to 1070"

Is it possible to do a decent Mini ITX build these days?

I like cubes and shit

My condolences user, and thanks for your input I already have it on backorder. I was just wondering what you guys would say.

Fuck yeah it is
Love itx builds

just a mere couple of days ago yall was screaming at me when i ordered the Gigabyte RTX 2070.

now everyone is recommending that one.

serously WTF

Attached: pewds.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Yes if you have tiny girl hands

>the Define R6 is pointlessly big
What do you suggest that isn't pointlessly big, is silence oriented, has a 3.5" drive bay in the front, and cost around the same as the R6?
Because for my monitor the consensus was that GPU and didn't looked at the RTX lineup believing it was too expensive. Thank you user.

Why buy a 1080 when you can buy a 2070 which is better performing? Also 1080s have been going up in price.

>how come AMD doesn't make $1000 cards I can get jewed by

Amd doesn't even make decent 500$ cards

If I like to tinker with my graphics card to get more performance than I played for, is vega 56 my best option? Aiming for an upgrade over my RX 470, and 144Hz 1080p at the least.

Attached: 1542498721605.jpg (800x481, 62K)

Building my first PC and the GPU is the last component I need. I was gonna buy a GTX 1080 but it seems like most of the stock of them online seems to have disappeared with the release of the RTX cards.

However, it seems like most of RTX 2070s of various brands (MSI, Asus, etc) that I'm looking at, a decent portion of reviews saying these brand new cards break within two weeks.

Am I just being too worried on my first build? Should I just wait until these cards are done being shitty? Or should I buy a 1060/1070 for cheaper just to complete my build for a while?

exactly why i got mine

however, i heard they have been frying a lot

not just the 2080Tis, 2070s as well

GDDR6 is the culprit

if you have the psu for it, then yes. you can push it pretty much to vega64 performance

Any AM4 mobo recommendations?

Which Gigabyte 2070 did you get?
>inb4 windforce

Dont think you got my point goy. When Radeon cards were the cream of the crop, they cost $300-$400 for the top of the line. AMDs top cards today are still in that price range. When Nvidia rules the market, the top cards are $1200. I wonder who could be behind this.

cope, I buy 3-4 month old used cards from a dealer friend of mine and he sells those to me, with transferable warranty, for over 40% cheaper than market rates. A 1070 costs $540 here, I got mine for $330 LOL
gonna get a 2080 or some shit next year if AMD poops the bed again, Novideo won't see my shekels and I'll get the best hardware for my gayming needs.

Gaming OC White

Also, I was looking at the Memory QVL of both the MSI Tomahawk and the Asrock Pro 4, and those specific memories are not listed. Should I just disregard the QVL?

That's a completely reasonable position, 0 rupees for this non-shill post.

>it's another fake sales day in EU to just lure retards to spend money episode
Why can't we have nice things

Attached: 1487320249267.png (671x603, 168K)

second build, just waiting on cpu. hows it look?

Attached: 20181126_083020.jpg (2576x1932, 2M)

>When Radeon cards were the cream of the crop
everything was cheaper in 2011 you total shithead

You did good, and got a legit 2070.
Strix B450-I or MSI B450 Gaming Pro

Yeah fuck that cunt Jen-Hsun and his retarded 'the more you buy, the more you save' shite and the meme RTX tech
also fuck everyone who supports them like that Tomshardware jew who literally told people to stop kvetching and buy the latest goycards, I nearly threw up at his arrogance. Fucking kike

I really hope you're not putting anything more substantial than a locked i5 in that abomination of a board.

>Case
>>mATX? Thermaltake Versa H15 is the answer
>>ATX? consider downsizing to mATX

Is this why I can't find any full sized cases for my scrubby computer building hands to buy

Does $209.00 for Ryzen 5 2600X a great deal?

In 2011 you could build a powerful PC for about $1500. Today you can build a powerful PC for about $1500, unless you buy a brand new top of the line Novidya card. All of the savings that you would see in some components are sucked up by the GPU and this isnt by accident.

i5 8600k

A question to those currently using an AMD GPU.
If you try to display stuff in non-native resolution (like a 1080p game on a 4K screen), do AMD drivers let you select a resizing algorithm?
On nvidia there's always nasty bilinear scaling you can't disable, but I'd much rather use nearest neighbor.

I'm moving cities and would like to take apart my PC to rebuild over there. Can I just bubble wrap my cards and keep em in my carry-on?

Also, what're some reasonably priced quiet cases? Right now I'm looking at the Define C because I've already had a Fractal case and liked it (plus their customer service is excellent).

That just means they haven't tested it yet.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

You can check here. The gskill cl15 has samsung B die which is best for ryzen overclocking

Good luck not maintaining boost clocks with that substandard VRM.

no, buy a 2600 for $50 less and overclock it yourself.

i can build a powerful pc for less than a grand right now.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doens't matter!
>10nm doesn't always matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

Great, thanks again.

i dont think ill be doing anything that heavy

in the display options there is a scaling mode option with three choices. I am not sure on the exact deference if they provide different algorithm or not.

Attached: amd scaling options.png (268x185, 9K)

When I buy something that is temporarily out of stock on Amazon, do they charge you for the price when you order or when the item is back in stock?

Thank you!

How is the MSI RX580 Armor MK2

Model RX580ARMORMK2 8GOC

Is 170 after rebate a good price?

Neat, I do have a full retard 850w

apart from use an 8600k at standard clocks?

Where do I buy a CPU tower cooler without the fans for a slightly lower price?
Is this a thing? I just want a fanless tower cooler since I already have the fans, and want to be a cheapskate.

i dont really know what youre getting at, this board and cpu are pretty standard

G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
or
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz ?

Should I add this rgb into my case for aesthetic reasons?

Attached: 1498994279793.webm (317x237, 1015K)

CL15 for 3000
CL16 for 3200

CL14 3200 ideally, but fuck paying that much for RAM

Here's my specs guys, I built the PC a few years ago when these specs were pretty new, but my computer has been slowing down with general activity outside of Jow Forumsaming.

>Gigabyte 970
>i5-4690k
>16gb ddr3

I'm still maxing most games at 1080 60fps, but as I said general performance has been pretty bad. I'm currently using a 1tb Seagate HDD, which I'm aware is not optimal but the drive itself seems to be in good health.

Would a wipe and clean install help my performance problems?

This doesn't entirely belong here, but if anyone is in the market for DDR3 a 2x4gb kit is $30 on Amazon Warehouse currently (20% comes off at checkout). amazon.com/dp/B00J8E93G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JV.-BbKB3FY6K
2x8gb is $70 in black as well. Helping tide my current build over until a big overhaul next year.

>update old MSI X370 Gaming """Plus""" mobo
>AGESA 1.0.0.6 more than one (1) year after update was made available
>mfw board can now do base clock overclock
>mfw now at 4 niggahertz

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 24K)

Could you explain it in terms one with no pc knowledge could understand?

Is it safe to assume that most motherboards for AyyM4 (Specifically B350) have had BIOS update for Zen+?
About to buy some parts for a HTPC, but not sure if I should buy B350, just because I'm a little concerned it'll need a BIOS update, which I can't do.

Ripjaws V
Corsair lpx sux

Nobody can tell you for sure.

Stuck on 970, should I get the 1070 for $300 or pray for a deal on a 1070 ti?

kino

It'd help, yeah. Invest in a small SSD though. I've seen a few 500gb ones for $50-70 This week. For OS all you need is a 128 or 256 which should be closer to 30 right now. Extremely worth it