I put my laptop in sleep mode almost every night instead of turning it off...

I put my laptop in sleep mode almost every night instead of turning it off. Are there any negative consequences that could arise of doing it? Or is it not a problem?

Attached: 1483307486881.jpg (418x488, 45K)

It's good for both of a battery and a disk.
Please, post your questions in /sqt/ next time and use search engine first.

T H I C C

I always leave my computers fully running, the repeated cooling and heating of components leads to cracking and wear. Always warm is better for them.

If you'd leave laptop in sleep mode with the lasts %s of battery then you gonna literally kill its durability.

i want to be crushed by her

her thighs look like they make great earmuffs

I've never shut down my MBP, just close the lid.

Not if you're running a decent OS (read: anything but Winshit).

lol, I do that with my car too. I idle it 24/7

Isn't that Mark Rippetoe's daughter?

$ uptime
21:38:35 up 26 days, 23:38, 20 users, load average: 0.49, 0.39, 0.45

my uptime can't exceed 2 hours or I might get gangrene

If you're using Windows, you'll probably need to find some reason or another to reboot at least every week or so, or you'll accumulate glitches and performance issues until you do.
If you're using macOS, you're probably okay for a couple months without a reboot.
If you're on Linux, you're okay indefinitely. If you're using a bloated DE you might want to restart X every couple of months to clear out minor memory leaks, but you should rarely if ever need to reboot outside of kernel upgrades.

If your PC is encrypted (full disk encryption or just container), it will stay decrypted until you really turn it off.

Otherwise you won't have any negative consequences.

btw: She looks pretty how

Also kill yourself and suck my balls, faggot!

How much does she squat?

I like robust systems. In times now forgotten I used to congratulate myself when my windong box would run a whole morning with no BSOD. I love them uptimes counting in the months.

my laptop is been on since i don't even know how long... maybe 4 years...i only turn it "off" for reboots...

Attached: 82.jpg (250x249, 8K)

post uptime.

Attached: 1536005688210.jpg (600x847, 61K)

Everything looks better in 2D