Live in """first world""" EU

>live in """first world""" EU
>ISP with a monopoly has 1TB "fair usage" policy on the """unlimited""" plan
>new customers don't have this fair usage policy
just fucking kill me
and yet people here still have the nerve to smugly shit on American internet

Attached: 1498515320554.jpg (650x850, 97K)

glad I live in the best country on the planet and not a police state shithole

user how does the "1TB fair use policy" work?

Attached: eveP9sk.jpg (1125x719, 92K)

Are you talking about mobile or broadband?

What country?

Attached: ;^).png (637x115, 19K)

>1TB
poor man

Attached: muh internet.png (775x207, 21K)

Bulgaria

Its not that terrible really. For example in Poland when you get ,,unlimited" LTE from any company they cut the speed down after you'll use 100GB (to about 20kB/s?), and then you need to wait for next month for them to unlock the normal speed. It's legal of course. EU is so great, wohoo.

I used 2 TB once and my ISP just didn't care.

I am Austrian.

>best country
Fucking rich Switzerland!

>Bulgaria
>1st world

user.

Abe bate ti na koi dostavchik si che da ima cap na neta

I have to visit a website and press a button after using 5GB on one day.
And then repeat after every extra GB.

I find it fair though, they never limit my speed and we shared it with 4 guys at the office until we got a land line.
Only became an issue when someone did something silly like upload 10GB of holiday pictures to his cloud storage.

Well well well, it’s always convenient to hide those LITTLE details user ;)

Switzerland is slowly becoming a police state thanks to brainlets that are voting for less freedom

Wouldn't call Bulgaria first world, but second world with chances to get a first world country next decade.

>HDI increased 0,003 2016-2017
>GDP increased 6,80 % 2017

Attached: firstsecondthirdworld.png (1920x913, 371K)

Hui sosi

Same here in Austria.
No terror attack on Austrian citizens since 1985 and everybody is scared.

Same thing happens on my "unlimited" plan here in the US after only 10GB. Honestly our mobile internet situation over here is fucked but if you live in a city then you can usually get decent cable or fiber internet for your house at least.

10GB per month or 10GB per day?

per month, it's my cell phone plan

After 10GB of usage my mobile data speeds drop down to 2G.

I think 10GB/month is the smallest possible cellphone plan here.
Can't even watch a few videos per day with that.

Calling that "unlimited" is a fucking joke.

I live in the EU and my plan is unlimited, sounds like you just have a shitty ISP

I can pay an extra $10/mo to get a "real unlimited data plan" but the terms say that "the company reserves the right to review your data usage after 60GB" to see if I've violated their terms of use, and tethering your cellphone to your laptop or doing any sort of P2P file sharing are against their terms of use and that's really the only way I'd ever use more than 10GB of data on my mobile plan anyway. I barely even use 5GB mobile data per month because I just use my home's wifi while I'm there.

>tethering your cellphone to your laptop (...) against their terms

But that's the whole bloody point of getting an unlimited data plan: so you can work anywhere and not have to beg for fucking WiFi.

>cable lines still not at capacity
>fiber lines provide near unlimited bandwidth
>somehow caps left and right
I can see mobile caps because carriers are too cheap to put up adequate infrastructure but landlines have zero reason for caps.

i use pay as you go and keep adding 4-5GB of traffic each month. i'm at 0.35TB, i'll never use it even with non stop newpipe.
fuck having to work, no time for fun.

In America the backbone is utter shit.
In most European countries the backbone gets government funding but in America it's left to individual ISP's to fight over.

I know, but they want to sell you a mobile hotspot with a $10 per gigabyte data service plan for the privilege of using your laptop on their mobile network.

Also, notice these are 60 day plans... so the largest mobile hotspot data plan available from this company is a 7GB plan for $75 which is supposed to last you 2 months of usage....

Attached: hotspot.png (1330x783, 132K)

>Italy
>Pirate everything, nobody gives a shit
>Just this month downloaded over 2.5TB of manga, from public and private torrents
>Movies, books, series, anime, in Italian or English, games, software and much more
Italian ISPs really don't give a flying fuck about what you do with your internet.

Virgin media
240 down/30 up (£40 incl phone and TV)
No caps, no throttling

>deliberately uses "EU" to claim "first world status"
>is a turkroach rape baby from an irrelevant gypsy shithole
every fucking time. what do plumbers even need 1TB of internet for?

Attached: 1490138632998.png (600x580, 360K)

Dont forget to pay for your TV loicense, bong

still. don't universities have their own backbone? don't financial institutions dump money into having stable and fast connections?
there is no excuse for data caps

Live in a third world country and pay around 30 use for 25 gb of 4g data, with unlimited traffic for social media and mail. I could pay around 40-50 for unlimited data, but I rarely use all that data.

I see the prices you people pay and I'm baffled, I'm supposed to be the poor one with shit everything. I used to have the unlimited plan a couple of years ago, but I didn't get worse speeds until after 100 gbs.

>Bulgaria
>First world
On what planet?