>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

Case
>mATX? Thermaltake Versa H15 is the answer
>ATX? consider downsizing to mATX

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1543205625007.png (1447x785, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/WsjbZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/NyHJ29
pcpartpicker.com/list/vWFPcY
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820232298
pcpartpicker.com/list/2PJnFt
techradar.com/au/news/best-monitor-for-photo-editing
viewsonic.com/uk/products/lcd/VX2457-mhd.php
reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9x0fm4/disappointed_with_the_frame_rate_performance_of/
youtube.com/watch?v=F92byoMgptU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Currently have an R9 390 and an i5 6500 in my 3-year old rig now.

What's the next step up the upgrade ladder for me dudes?

Attached: 46521271_10161072218315335_673603824388145152_n.jpg (540x960, 64K)

Seasonic best

Why is poozen so shit?

Attached: poozen.png (1920x1080, 546K)

What would be better paired with a rx580 8gb for non competitive games/single player and browsing. I

1080p 144hz or 1440p 60hz?

What's the best AM4 mobo?

I wish Intel wasn't so shit.

Attached: 1534737506611.png (915x678, 188K)

Depends on the CPU

Why did amd shills make this image when their cpus is only 6 cores?

2700x. A friend recommended a B450 tomahawk, is that any good?

Nice English Ravij, not enough rupees for 9900k? Try shilling harder.

2700x is better with x470 chipset, try taichi or aorus

My new PSU makes a quiet sorta high-pitched noise even when not plugged into anything besides the wall, I think its coil whine but its really quiet and its too quiet to bother me
should I RMA It?

Raw clock speed on a shitilly threaded gaym all intel has over it. get with the times grandpa.

Attached: old-age.jpg (300x400, 18K)

is 3000MHz/CL15 DDR4 good enough for Poozen 2600X?

>Power Supply, Graphics Card AND Mobo all die in the span of a week
>about 700€ in pc equipment out the window
>cry.exe

Since all I have left of my pc is the case, CPU and 4 gigs of ddr3 ram, I'm basically starting from scratch. How does this look: pcpartpicker.com/list/WsjbZR

Also what's the real $60 difference between the X and non-X Ryzen's?

x versions are faster because they got the better chips out of the lot

So if I don't play video games all that much, the non-X are perfectly fine, right?
Most recent vidya I have are BF4 and Witcher 3 btw

That's pretty common. I have a soon to be 7 year old Corsair TX650v2 that does that since the beginning, and it has yet to give me any grief. If it bothers you, just flip the switch on the back overnight. As long as it doesn't sound like a beehive in operation (eg. gaming) you should be fine.

Yes. You don't need B-die shit, especially if you're not going to OC.

That PSU is ridiculously overpriced. I get not wanting to cheap out on it after losing stuff to a shitty one, but that is a complete ripoff. I'd avoid fully modular, try to find one that has fixed ATX cables; you always need those anyway.

yes, it's fine

Is this build good for gaming? I have next to no computer knowledge, so someone made this for me. pcpartpicker.com/list/NyHJ29
I would prefer Windows 7 over 10, but they said 7 doesn't work with modern computer parts.

>you always need those anyway
Hmm good point. I kinda just sperged out because the one I had till now had a really loud fan and made rumbling noises every now and then before fully kicking the bucket.

Thanks lad, I can get a decent headset with those $60

I have an i3-6100. I don't game, only browse, use twitch, youtube, netflix and watch 4k lossless remuxes movies and tv series. Would I benefit from upgrading my cpu? I have the neet dosh for a 9900k but I don't think I'd benefit much given my usage. If not now, please advise when I should upgrade my mobo/cpu.

Attached: my comp.jpg (1378x1041, 238K)

>>Power Supply, Graphics Card AND Mobo all die in the span of a week
HOW

Pretty good except for the RAM, you can get 3000mhz for cheaper
And don't buy windows

2c/4t is pretty awful, but for light desktop usage is probably fine.

Troubleshooting a build, pls halp.
It's for a fren, and is these parts: pcpartpicker.com/list/vWFPcY
It's not my first build, but that doesn't mean it's not a 10T error.

Symptoms: doesn't turn on or light up, quintuple checked that it was plugged in. I can hear the HDD spinning, so I'm reasonably certain it's not a faulty PSU, but none of the fans will spin (including PSU-internal fan), the power indicator on the box doesn't light up, no BIOS / etc.

Assembled it on hardwood to avoid ESD bricking anything, but maybe I wasn't careful enough? Is it probably the motherboard or CPU?
inb4 install gentoo, if that's still a thing here

Thanks.
Why shouldn't I buy windows?

I have no clue my dude.
>built it in 2012
>last week it didn't boot up anymore
>no lights on mobo, luckily had spare power supply in basement
>put spare PSU in
>boot, no fans spinning
>wot.jpg
>take out mobo, burn thumb in process because a chip on it had like 70 degrees C
>call IT expert friend to check out what's up
>doc says both are dead
>yesterday, spare $20 mobo came in mail
>hook it up, boot, GPU fans spinning at 100%, black screen on HDMI, red light on it flickering violently
>oh_fuck.exe
>call IT friend, explain what happened
>"user... I have bad news for you"

I guess the PSU failed and fried the other shit

waste of money, you can get it on websites for like $9 on other websites

>out on it after losing
I cry myself to sleep every night since

Linux is a thing

Attached: 1500450168381.jpg (500x411, 35K)

ded motherboard

Thanks.
What ram do you suggest I get? I really have no idea what I'm doing. The list seems incomplete too.

Do this is you want no support, and a dmca notice after trying.

>they didnt jump on the 2080ti flash deal on amazon

You fucking blew it, poor faggots. I guess there is always next year.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820232298
is there better ram I can get for this price or a little more?

Fuck of cuck. Been using windows that I bought for 10$ on ebay for 4 years. Got support too

Keep sucking Microsoft's tiny dick

You definitely don't need a 9900k. Do you have a ssd? I'd get a ssd. As when you upgrade get an APU

Thanks, that's what I thought was most probable. Is there a good way to tell if the PSU fried it, or if it was faulty from the factory, or if I'm an idiot?

single rank vs dual rank memory on ryzen? more specifically, will I get better memory clockspeeds with 4x8 single rank or 2x16 dual rank? heard conflicting opinions on which is superior

Attached: 1535278398268.jpg (566x480, 54K)

I got a vega for cheap and I want to give amd processors a try. I'm looking at a vega ryzen mini itx. I'm planning on an aftermarket cooling solution for the vega (raijintek morpheus was an option that seemed like it would fit.)
I'm not certain about my motherboard or psu, and I don't know if I should go m.2 and use an external hard drive to leave some more room. Any advice is appreciated!

pcpartpicker.com/list/2PJnFt

Who the fuck is HIS, and why do they have an RX590 for MSRP?
I would've thought that they'd be about 20 more for a decent model.
Is it a good idea to buy it? Price is okay I suppose, looks dont matter since they face the bottom of case.

should i get another 1tb 860 evo ssd, or a wd blue 1tb m.2?

Attached: 1542797664144.jpg (1600x1200, 224K)

i'm after a budget monitor with accurate colors
techradar.com/au/news/best-monitor-for-photo-editing
>BenQ GW2270H
This one's pretty cheap but why is it in a list called "best monitor for photo editing" when it say its "Colour support: SRGB 91%", isn't that really really bad? Does anyone know how important that is?

so if you were building a pc, planning to buy a key off ebay, can you still make the win10 iso if you only have a macbook currently? asking for a friend

I need a decent card to upgrade from a 970. I've got a 4 year old PC that's probably overdue for a total overhaul, but I want to squeeze out at least one more year, maybe two, out of it before I scrap it and make a brand new build. The old 3.5GB just isn't cutting it anymore, and I feel like the PC would benefit the most from a new GPU.

Is the 1060 6GB a decent enough card for its price point? I feel like the 1070's price point is probably pushing it, and I don't think I want to spend more than $400 on upgrades now. And I don't feel comfortable spending that much on a GPU that I'll probably want to upgrade from in a year or two.

>AMD unboxed

I'm surprised they didn't benchmark the game in 4K ultra.

Is this a good monitor?
>1080p
>75 Hz
>Response time 4 ms
>IPS
>Comes in 23.8 in and 27 in variants
>Both on sale until thursday on BestBuy
At those prices both are a steal for a IPS screen. Not sure if i need a 27 in screen tho. Been using a 15 in laptop for years...

Attached: 12946745.jpg (1500x1500, 699K)

Juste realized the 27 in one is actually 60hz...

>>Response time 4 ms
imo No.

I have this >viewsonic.com/uk/products/lcd/VX2457-mhd.php

>freesync
>1ms
>1080p
>not 27 inches but I wanted a smaller screen from 27 inch.

It's not IPS tho. Is the difference between 1 ms and 4 ms really noticeable?

>IPS
Oh shit, now I am the retard who cheap'd out on a non-ips monitor.

I am guessing in multiplayer gayming it helps, I am probably just autistic.

>Is the difference between 1 ms and 4 ms really noticeable?
no

Did I fuck up? Im going with the 2700X + 1070ti to upgrade my pc. I should have gone with the 9600 right?

anyone else still reppin' the 4790k? what gpu do you use and what res? notice any bottlenecks?

>build R5 2600X rig due to Black Friday sales
>had some R7 1700's laying around from previous home server/workstation builds, inactive, just sitting and waiting to be sold on eBay
>remember that they suck for gaming
>google benchmarks for shits n giggles
>difference is only like 10% in most games

Attached: im retarded.gif (240x180, 2M)

the "ms" is not input lag, it's pixel response time. With input lag, 3ms means absolutely nothing. With pixel response, 1 ms vs 4 ms is the difference between a smooth experience and a moderate amount of smearing/ghosting.

I know what the "ms" means, and the difference between 1 and 4ms is not noticeable

But I should note that they simply lie. They just... lie. 1ms is not possible with IPS and 4ms is almost unheard of in practice, usually it's 5-8ms on the low end

>the difference between 1 and 4ms is not noticeable
wrong

>wrong
prove me wrong

It's totally subjective, I can't prove that you're retarded, I can only point out that if your reaction time is greater than 200ms you're probably a retard

similarly if you've actually compared a monitor with 1ms pixel response to one with 4ms or 8ms or whatever you'd see a clear difference, UNLESS you're a complete retard

we're just two strangers on the Internet and I've already wasted more time than I needed to writing this post

tl;dr kill yourself faggot

All this image really highlights is how shit the G5400, 7600k and 8350k which you used to shill are.
The 2600X and up are all getting 75fps 1% minimums fine.

No assistance is available /pcbg/?

750w is probably quite overkill. I'd also suggest saving on the Motherboard and going the Strix B450-I instead of the X470-I. Exactly the same board and VRM,, but the B450 chipset lacks Crissfire/SLI support (completely irrelevant on ITX anyway). As for CPU Cooler, that case will fit a descent sized tower cooler.

rx580, i5-8400, new mobo

I would just save up man

There's clearly a GPU bottleneck if the 9900k, 8700, 9700k and 9600 are all getting the exact same results.

Why would I pay R7 money for a locked i5?

Thank you kind sir.
I have included a humorous picture of a cat to complete this internet transaction.

Attached: 1515282988312.png (480x487, 387K)

lolcats always appreciated

I just bought a reference vega 64 on a cyber Monday sale, upgrade from my 980 ti. Did I goof?

Why is Jow Forums so retarded?
>buys and brags about newest cpu JUST because of higher clock speeds
>doesn’t know that clock speed alone doesn’t determine performance

What’re you guys, some sorta C”S” dropouts or something?

Attached: 3116CB4A-665D-4A94-A741-6A012E6B3008.jpg (195x419, 16K)

is this ugly ass thing worth it?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 3.17.02 AM.png (1524x1340, 1.24M)

>is this ugly ass thing worth it?
I should note that I'm using a 2600X and just letting PBO do its thing.

>i bought an 212 evo for am4 and have to return it because my country doesn't sell brackets
>there were no mb, gpu or ram sales so i still miss most of my build
My brain and black friday were a mistake

and you can EZ overclock, you can't add more cores to the 2600X

Just bought a 1080ti for $355. Will my i5-6600k handle it if I overclock it? I currently have 2 1080p monitors and game on one at 144hz. I also plan on getting a 3rd 4k monitor some time soon so I can do 4k gaming or 3x1080p gaming.

Are there any actual fucking benches on the 2600X's XFR2/PBO performance with a stock cooler vs. aftermarket coolers? Why the FUCK has nobody done that? It's so fucking obvious but it's like people just stopped giving a shit about PC gaming entirely. Literally not a single fucking review site I've come across has such a comparison. Scratch that, I found one, and it compared just a single game and just two coolers. Is PC gaming simply dead?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 3.45.56 AM.png (1226x496, 103K)

What's this guy's problem?
reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9x0fm4/disappointed_with_the_frame_rate_performance_of/

Sounds like he just dumped a shitload of money into a rig and it sucks? Why?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 4.02.29 AM.png (1414x1306, 294K)

his ram was loose reread the post

recommend me some quality quiet static pressure fans under $17

>ryzen without B-die, liquid cooler, 300$ motherboard
Doesn't count, do some real testing incel!

>cheap out on PSU
>it frys all your components
>got to save those 10 bucks and risk 700$ worth of components

Hz
>>Response time 4 ms
No. If you only watch movies then sure. If you play vidya, then it's trash.

Tfw this is my worst fear so im actually sending my ordered psu back to add 100w for 650w total, 10 euros extra
I know 550 is plenty but rather be safe

you realize power supplys have more than just "max wattage" to look at if you want to make sure it's any good?

How do people explain the 2600x vs. i5-8400 performance here?

not really, basically it just comes down to caps and other things that literally nobody reviews, so unless you're picking from a small pool of very popular models which are often in higher price ranges, you're not doing any serious research and it's all a gamble, and 999/1000 times going with a decent brand and 80 plus whatever is going to be enough

Lower single thread performance?
>thinking average FPS is the be-all metric
youtube.com/watch?v=F92byoMgptU
It's the 0.1% lows that cripple an experience, not the lack of an arbitrarily high number in your fraps counter.

Attached: 1543309929097.jpg (1243x706, 80K)

>It's the 0.1% lows that cripple an experience, not the lack of an arbitrarily high number in your fraps counter.
I agree, 0.1% time is the most important metric for a smooth gaming experience.

Attached: 2600 with B-die Buttery smooth Siege performance.jpg (5752x1000, 802K)

>thinking average FPS is the be-all metric
but the 8400 beats 2600x in 1% metric as well?

>rainbow six
Now post the 8400 results
>1 = 0.1

>avg doesn't count
I agree
>1% doesn't count, only 0.1% because 0.1% isn't shown here we can pretend that it does much differently!
classic cope

because you are not antisemitic.
buy nao.

>we can pretend that it does much differently!
Are you implying 100ms frame times are the same as 1% lows?

Nope, they aren't the same, they how ever don't usually deviate that much.
I'm not saying it's impossible that 0.1% is a lot worse than 1%.
Just wish youd have some actual proof to back it up, rather than having nothing and doing essentially the same thing as me, assuming.

remember when intel used to charge you a premium for 4c8t processors? what does it feel like to have fallen for the 7700k

Any good case fan recommendations?