>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

Case
>mATX? Thermaltake Versa H15 is the answer
>ATX? consider downsizing to mATX

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: KazGun.jpg (500x494, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F92byoMgptU
pcpartpicker.com/list/bc76xG
pcpartpicker.com/list/jDFYtg
pcpartpicker.com/list/rhcBYT
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011243).
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1TS-000X-00TS0&Description=acer&cm_re=acer-_-1TS-000X-00TS0-_-Product
youtu.be/-plesrt8ZCs
youtu.be/pPFEkL5GIiI
youtu.be/CB9KiKrC-C4
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rPkqXP
pcpartpicker.com/list/qr8xCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/nRdJ29
pcpartpicker.com/list/RjCMKB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=F92byoMgptU

>i5 for gaming

Just in case you didn't see the last one, don't click buy, you gotta trim that down

You don't need the fan, the Ryzen comes with one, if you want RGB led lights, you can get a strip and plug it in or some cheap case fans.

Never use only one stick of memory, always in pairs, 2x4gb 3000mhz of ram instead.

You don't need the 850 watt power supply, your system probably runs 127 watts so 300-500 is fine. 500 lets you plug in a graphics card later.

You can get an OEM version of Windows off ebay (make sure its an actual one not just a key-genned code) for much cheeper.

Go for way cheaper case fans, just some cheap chinese thing that makes pretty colours.

Attached: pdzoh1iuvv1uzdakfo2_500.gif (500x288, 1.9M)

ok now this is epic, you know that intel is always the best at something

Attached: file.png (354x690, 82K)

Do all monitors have input lag or is it exclusive to some? I'm just curious cause looking at displayspecifications.com I can't really find info on input lag for all monitors, just some.

Attached: u2715h-design-large.jpg (3840x2160, 2.13M)

Why is poozen so shit?

Attached: poozen.png (1920x1080, 546K)

>muh value

Every monitor that is not TN has excessive input lag

I was going to buy gigabyte card

Need a Rate on this build

>pcpartpicker.com/list/bc76xG
Just waiting on the case to come in tomorrow, Is the stock cooler than comes with the Ryzen 5 gonna be enough or is it gonna fry my shit over time? I'm optimizing this build for thermals and have 4 fans in the Case in question, but didn't know if the spire is came with would be enough with those 3 front fans and 1 back fan. And if not what would be an affordable fan to help supplement it?

Attached: mcman.gif (350x266, 1.72M)

Rate my pc
Gonna swap that 970 with 2070 tomorrow

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (559x514, 25K)

I'm planning to buy a wireless adapter card for my new rig, what should I know to not get utterly fucked?

The router is centrally located in my house, so my options are either a wifi adapter, or buying 50 feet of weatherproof Cat-5 and snaking it onto the roof and then down through my window. The router itself is capable of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, which seems more or less standard. If I'm going to place the case in a location that's close to the ground (that's how my desk is built), should I worry about getting an antenna extension that I can mount on the wall, or does it not matter? There's about 10-15 feet worth of actual separation between my room and the router through the walls, but snaking a cable through the house itself isn't an attractive option due to the presence of dogs that might chew at it.

Attached: 1476918070372.jpg (620x465, 65K)

>1680x1050@59hz
>2070

is the b450 tomahawk a good board for a 2700x?

Swapping this one too
This rig is going to do 144hz right?

My wifi is on another floor and I still manage to get 4/5 bars with my $5 stick. Unless you have a 1000/1000 connection cards are a meme.

My new PSU makes a quiet sorta high-pitched noise even when not plugged into anything besides the wall, I think its coil whine but its really quiet and its too quiet to bother me
should I RMA It?

not with that cpu it won't

why tho?

Sure its fine for the cpu, check the feature list of the motherboard and see if it suits you

don't buy ayyymd

Thanks, that dropped the price quite a bit, didnt see that the processor came with a cooler. Kept the fans, though, wife likes the 3 for 1 deal. Why specifically 2x4Gb ram instead of 1x8?

pcpartpicker.com/list/jDFYtg

Attached: 414VkotanXL.jpg (389x500, 25K)

Does intel need any special ram like amd ? or can i just throw in the lowest speed ram for my 8700k ?

pcpartpicker.com/list/rhcBYT

Currently using a low end pre-build from 2010, can only do web browsing and playing music/videos at this point without crushing it. Already bought a case and 2700x CPU.

>Uses
Able to handle anything art programs can throw at it (photoshop, zbrush, etc.), 144hz 1440p gaming, streaming/video editing

The MC500P case has 3 140mm (1200RPM) stock fans (2 in front, 1 in back), will they need to be replaced? I'm adding two additional 140mm fans to the top.
Should I replace the included Ryzen Wraith Cooler?
Is a 850W PSU overkill?
1 TB SSD reasonable enough size for W10 and programs to run off of?
The WD Red Pros are for pure storage along with the 2 WD Greens I have (weren't apart of the original pre-build).
3200 RAM enough or overkill? Besides OC the RAM to 3200 I'm not interested in overclocking anything else in this.
FTW2 version of the EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti worth the extra cooling features or is the SC Black version solid enough?
This 144hz 1440p monitor was a recent release that I will probably get later on (newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011243). Are Freesync monitors adequate or is G-Sync a must?
Getting a Blu-Ray drive later on too, are external drives fine or internal blu-ray drives the way to go?

All DDR4 based CPUs get better performance with better RAM

So just a cheap-ass USB dongle that wasn't made in 2012 would work? That would save me something like $30, which isn't much in the long run but if it isn't entirely necessary then I guess it's fine.

So is $480 for the Gigabyte 2070 the best deal for that card today? I know it's not the best bang for my buck, but even the cheapest 1080 I can find is still more expensive than this.

why wasnt this case with ddr3 ? its that thinking that got me with 2133mhz ram

I saw your post, dont worry, I'm not clicking buy for at least a month, i just needed to get my plan set.

All monitors have input lag.
Some TN have terrible input lag too.
Most TN panels are around 12ms+ for the input lag (including the gaymer 240Hz monitors)

n-n-n-nice s-s-stutters intel

Attached: 1543252476404.jpg (711x457, 41K)

v-v-very n-n-n-nice

Attached: 1543252537735.jpg (711x457, 46K)

Any good cyber Monday deals or wait til Christmas?

what do I lose with an M-ATX vs an ATX?

j-j-just b-b-buy it g-g-goy

Attached: 1543252599902.jpg (711x457, 38K)

>not showing ram or GPU

>1920*1080
Can you be more obvious, shill?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1TS-000X-00TS0&Description=acer&cm_re=acer-_-1TS-000X-00TS0-_-Product

This any good at 700 clams?

AMD has introduced a performance penalty in their latest update to their AGESA 1.0.0.4 Microcode. This update decreases the multi-threaded performance of the CPU by more than 15%.Be warned for anyone buying the Ryzen 7 2700x and getting the expected performance that has been reported in the past. This patch has hit the overall performance of the CPU.

>buying high end ryzen cpus now when zen 2 comes out in 6 months

LIKE CLOCKWORK
INTLEL STUTTERFIRE DEFENSE FORCE IS HERE

It's dual channel ram, you'll see that the ram slots on motherboards are often coloured in pairs to show you where to put each pair. Basically it's a whole lot faster

From earlier posts sounds like you wanted a wifi card too, should be pretty cheap, otherwise you can just run an ethernet cable to the router

You could probably tweak the price down lower checking out those components to see if any are on cyber monday sale at major websites

Either way, at just a bit more you're getting a customised system you know you can upgrade in the future, and building it yourself for her should be worth a few dozen manpoints

If you're building it yourself be sure to check out some tutorial videos and beginner-traps like:
youtu.be/-plesrt8ZCs
youtu.be/pPFEkL5GIiI
youtu.be/CB9KiKrC-C4

I actually already bought a Z390-E and a 8700k for 200$ (with BLOPs 4 code) and 330$ respectively, but the payment got declined so I'm thinking of canceling them and getting the bundle instead

Or is the extra hundred dollars for Z390 model worth it?

Attached: bundlee.png (1034x393, 197K)

>Case
>mATX? Thermaltake Versa H15 is the answer
Based and redpilled

Attached: images (3).jpg (407x754, 43K)

>more than 15%
We're gonna need a source on that, user.
Big if true

>nobody games at 1920x1080p

>poozen

But... where's the window?

Only 720p benchmarks sir ples

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Reminder unless you already have a 2080 TI Ryzen is objectively the best CPU for gaming.

Ryzen is cheaper thus it allows you to buy a better GPU, which will increase FPS way more than going from Ryzen to Intel.

The ONLY situation where Intel becomes even a consideration is when you have a top end GPU.

Let me tell you how AMD CPUs beat Intel when coupled with 6000Mhz RAM

>2080ti
>1080p
A Ferrari can also reach a higher speed than a Corolla on the way to the shops

cpu matters more than gpu in general for gaming

It;s ok user, literally EVERYBODY plays at 480p with 2080ti

any good deals on AM4 motherboards?

Wrong

>why wasnt this case with ddr3 ?
It was though?

Help pls. Have a couple hundred to flex. I think I need a better video card.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rPkqXP

Mostly sticking to free shipping/fast ship options.

LINUS SAID IT WASNT.MAYBE IT WAS FOR AMD BECAUSE THEY CANT MAKE A CPU

1080p? oy vey that's anti-semitic
720p is ok
480p is even better for gayms
360p is great
240p is perfect

Attached: goodtimes.jpg (1024x680, 359K)

>Can you be more obvious, shill?
Pot, meet kettle.

212 evo is a meme at this point, replace it with Deepcool 400

For video card a 1070ti is the logical upgrade.

>Amazon already sold out of Ryzen 7 2700X
REEEEEE

>or can i just throw in the lowest speed ram for my 8700k ?
Yeah sure if you want to lose like 30% of performance

Attached: file.png (1101x562, 55K)

Just spent $1300 if anything is DOA I'm gonna freak.

Attached: the-truth2.gif (266x240, 1.71M)

>3000c12
Damn that's tight.

Is it still justifiable to buy a 2600?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/qr8xCb

Is this good for a 1080p 60fps build around $700?

Get rid of the thermal paste. The cooler already comes with it.

Shill me some casings

If you need a PC now, yes. Especially at today's low, low price of $159

please

>buying a known good product at a reduced cost
>not buying an untested product for twice the price in half a year from now

Exchange that DDR4-2400 for DDR4-3000 or 3200 and it's good

>2400mhz memory
Ur a idiert. Get some 3000/3200mhz ram.
>full ATX tower
>mATX board
Get the Thermaltake Versa H15.

>Not trusting the underdog

pci? usb ports? lanes? i think

That RAM is ass, and you can probably get away with a 550W PSU.

Zen 2s will probably be priced at a premium when they come out and there's no telling how long it'll be after that till the Zen+s drop in price, could be overnight due to the spectre fix, could take a while. So.. depends on what you have now, how important getting a good deal is. At least you know the B450 or X470 board will take the next round of chips.

Attached: 1432721700557.jpg (1024x1191, 131K)

Building a new PC, and I nearly have enough parts leftover from my old one to have a second pc. I dual-boot, so seeding my torrents for my private tracker is a pain in the ass, especially because I have to use a VPN because of my isp. It would be nice to have something always on that I can ssh into, always have seeding, have as a backup pc in case something happens, maybe use as a stream pc, etc.
I'd just need to get a cpu (with integrated graphics), a case, psu, and maybe a bigger hdd for my torrents.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/FtvW7W
I figure I can get a lot of stuff off Craigslist, but this is more or less what I'm going for. Anyone have experience with the 200GE? Also, does the PSU efficiency/quality really matter if this is a cheapo build? Like can I get a $20 one off Craigslist or get a case with a built-in one?

850W is overkill

>Are Freesync monitors adequate or is G-Sync a must?
If AMD shills can't live without Freesync then you can't live without G-sync for your 1070 Ti

pcpartpicker.com/list/nRdJ29

so I just noticed newegg is shipping worldwide. does this mean I can order from europe without import taxes?

No you’ll get assraped by customs

Do I need to buy a higher quality thermal paste for a 2700x? I know the heatsink is decent quality but I don't know about the paste since I've never bought AMD before.

deepcool tesseract
fractal design define
nzxt s340

Add easily 20, 25% on the price of your order.

Buy new monitor then hodl for new video card or buy new video card then hodl for new monitor? Currently using a Toshiba TV and a rx580. Mostly play single player RPGs and stuff.

If it's too quiet then why bother

pcpartpicker.com/list/RjCMKB

I'm salvaging the storage from my current rig and adding an extra SSD that I never installed, how shitty is this build? The RAM is 3200 rather than 3000, for some reason the 3200 I bought from Newegg isn't showing up.

Attached: 1471841982434.jpg (621x621, 293K)

Is that a sale price? I thought I missed the discounts and was gonna wait til Christmas

>j-just wait for poozen 2 .. m-maybe it will perform on par with 5 years old intel chips!
the absolute STATE of ayyymd drones

Excited for my new build! Haven't built something since my 3570k.

I got the 1080 FE from a private selling for $400
I'm actually getting the Louqe Ghost S1 case and not the NZXT, it's just a place holder in the cart

Attached: new build.png (571x833, 150K)

Best cheap 8gb ddr4 sticks?

just wondering if its a sign of a defected PSU

Man, cheapest 1070 I can find is 500 on Newegg in loonies. Am I doing it wrong? Any better deals?

> order from europe without import taxes
First, go on a product page and the price will jump thanks to VAT, then order and get raped by customs