/hpg/ - headphone general

Cute edition.

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: anime1.jpg (800x500, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
amazon.com/Actionpie-Headphones-Earbuds-Resolution-Earphones/dp/B071CV9HGL/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543273865&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=apie bs1
amazon.com/Koss-Porta-Headphones-Black-Silver/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543273920&sr=1-3&keywords=koss portapro
amazon.com/Califone-Wired-Headphones-jack-CA-2/dp/B000X92E3E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543273964&sr=1-3&keywords=califone ca-2
schiit.com/products/coaster
youtube.com/watch?v=Ld5XH__V2mo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for beyer

I just bought headphones after living my whole life using IEMs, is it supposed to take some time to get used to the way cans sound versus IEMs? Right now the headphones sound worse than my IEMs but the headphones are objectively better so I was figuring it's just my brain.

oh no, here we go...

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax being audiophool meme confirmed

based

Attached: 1542669139546.gif (524x374, 111K)

A new meme was born in previous threads:

Stax incel - An audiophool who got memed into buying expensive electrostatic headphones which actually sound worse than a cheap mid-fi dynamics. Being a victim of buyers Stockholm syndrome Stax incel tries to defend his choice as hard as he can, but he always fails because you can't argue with facts. Stax incel is a part of "Most Valuable Goy" meme.

by the way, ups picked up my dx3 pro and is delivering it wednesday

fucking chinks haven't updated shipping info for like 11 days now...fuckers

Attached: 2018-11-26 16_57_36-Microsoft Edge.jpg (588x205, 14K)

lol did anyone get their...
neurophones for cyber monday?
absolute bust lol

welcome to my world. i got 13 days left on one of my orders and it hasn't even said left the country yet.

Aoshida?

Recommend well mastered albums

Attached: 1510540448086.jpg (800x600, 174K)

>canada
i doubt it's the chinks doing this, canadaland would be the ones responsible for scanning it upon arrival and they're refusing foreign shipments while their backlog clears. enjoy your 30 day wait though :^)

HIFI College Store, its a topping D10, I dont really need it right away but still, fuckers

I know, but at least it would show its in Canada but now I have no idea

Attached: 2018-11-10 18_40_18-Topping D10 Mini USB DAC CSS XMOS xu208 es9018k2m opa2134 Decoder Audio Amplifie (467x303, 103K)

I got a DX3 today from them, rip me

What's a good mid-high level closed over ear headphone that could be driven easily from an electric piano's headphone out? $200-600

I use HD 650 with my desktop PC

>he buys from china and actively follows the shipping status
OH NONONONONONONONO
You buy, you forget about it and then you are happy when you receive the package 1 and a half months later. That's how it works.

AUSDOM is the answer

Attached: E2B193F9-3633-45FA-85E9-604797DE8B4A.png (1217x658, 290K)

the ear cushion replacements of my headphones cost twice as much as that whole headset

Seconding this

love live

Attached: 1543087823274.jpg (560x560, 42K)

That is why AUSDOM is the answer

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Stax are overrated edition.
Decent OP.
Aoshida? Let's hope we didn't get chinked.
Good taste, user.

Attached: 1537094725405.png (1280x960, 1.4M)

A Night at the Opera

I'm going to pick up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880s, and I was going to get the 600ohm version for my home to use with my amp, but I'm worried whether or not when I travel for work if I would have enough driving power to use it properly with my Thinkpad laptop, since I'm not going to lug around an amp to a Best Western for a business conference, I mean I guess I could, but I don't want to carry around vacuum tubes like i'm Mr. Roboto in my luggage case.

Would it be safer to stick with the 200ohm version and would I notice any major difference if I chose the 200ohm over 600?

Fuck the 32ohm ipod version for certain though

>DT 1990's didn't go on sale today
>ended up paying over 1k$ in canadadollars for them and an atom + OL DAC because canada is a fucking hellhole
mad

unironically any pop album

Make it jpop. Or better, idols.
Or even better, seiyuu-idols.
Cherry on top, Love Live or THE iDOLM@STER.

Attached: 1519750186993.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

>mfw HD600 are smaller and feel cheaper than HD598

Attached: photo_2018-11-26_23-34-40.jpg (1280x960, 233K)

>smaller
No way user, I have both. They are not smaller nor do they feel cheaper.

Fucking hate the 598 pads, they're all ring and no cup.

HOW GOOD IS MAYFLOWER ARC?

why your crack seems on meth?

I don't know maybe it's because they are very light, also the plastic from HD598 gives me a better feeling despite some cracking noises.
You're right the cup is actually bigger but the headband is way thinner

meh they're alright, those in the pic are 7 years old and fucked up inside

special pusher :^)

I am this close to ordering MDR-Z1R, somebody stop me

Nice STAX, IT.

getting there, just need to Capitalize em
>Headphone General

did you buy individual components and diyed the enclosure without getting priceraped by those crackheads?

How much will it buy to buy your own components and build it yourself? I assume instructions to build are online

Attached: 1541555365486.jpg (1080x1350, 349K)

pop albums in 2018 are just club mixes >.>
and they don't have decent dynamic range because muh loundness.
get like any 80s prog rock album. rush, supertramp, queen, boston, kansas, chicago, foreigner, etc.

bottlehead crack is originally a diy kit so, yes, the instruction are online and even on youtube, but idk if its convenient to buy components by yourself or its better to just buy the kit, i was asking the user for that reason

it's a gayman dac, but it'll be good.
it'll cost you an arm and a leg though. if you can wait a few weeks for shipping, get the topping dx3 pro or a topping d10/30 and a10.

Thanks user.
I'm totally not drunk here.

Attached: 1538060358919.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

Any have DT770 250 ohms?
I’m considering buying them since they’re $130. What are they like? Anything better I can get for the same price or a little more? Preferably closed.

bruh that looks like one of them lolita girls my vk feed keeps spewing at me
...i have no idea why i'm friends with that person. but damn those russians got cute girls.

Attached: l957DD0Xkd4.jpg (960x960, 107K)

I've been had, anons.

I have here the HD6XX's and the HD58X's. I like many others saw Zeos' review of the latter and upon being told they're just straight up HD660's for not even a third the price I rushed to massdrop to pick some up, as I had been a little unsatisfied with my 6XX's. I'm the type of guy who likes the treble on the HD700's so the thicker veil on the 6XX's is a bit much for me. At first when the 58X's arrived I was excited, and tried them out with Kasmasi Washington, which due to their tonality they instantly excelled in over the 6XX's, so from there on they were my go to phones, and I didn't really compare them too much to the 6XX's.
Now though DMS3's review has come out in which he clarifies all the shit Zeos had been talking, and points out the 6XX's will have much better detail than the 58X's. Like I said I didn't really compare the two phones that much, but after this I've gone back to them and...fuck, he's actually right. I was really bias against them because I don't like their frequency response, but yea almost everything else exceeds the 58X's. How retarded can Zeos be to A/B them and not realize this?

Anyway, what should I do now /hpg/? I can't stand the frequency response of the 6XX's but now I've realized the flaws in the 58X's, seems like my only choice is to sell them both and buy some HD660's.

Attached: headphones.jpg (2048x1152, 271K)

hd600s, take the bathroom tile pill user.

Yeah. I spent 160 yurodollars only because I decided to be anal about the voltages and I had the transformer custom made, but before that I had used a cheap transformer and the amp worked anyway, for a total of 105 euros iirc.
Speedball mod and ALPS blue velvet included.
Ignore the memeduino, it's just a timer for when I listen to music on the bed since I don't want to wake up in flames.

Attached: photo_2018-11-27_00-01-50.jpg (960x1280, 196K)

Zeos is an aspie fool. Only idiots would follow his advice.

Why the fuck does everyone in here like open headphones, more specifically HD600? Open sounds shit, closed is objectively better.

that's subjective based on the headphone lol

Recommend me earphones under $20 that are tough. Thanks :)

Attached: 1543022385862.png (478x556, 225K)

>listening to zeos

user, I....

Attached: 1542067479500.jpg (727x480, 38K)

Time to jump off the sennwagon and buy DT1990

I admit when I was gullible I fell for his HM5 meme, I still have them, dont use them much, in fact last time I did was probably a year ago

Attached: HM5_7_2000x.jpg (2000x2000, 262K)

Ok the internals dont see too complicated, do you think a total noob like me could do it? :/

Attached: 1542580509187.gif (500x602, 746K)

this.

if you want iems (idk what you mean by earphones)
amazon.com/Actionpie-Headphones-Earbuds-Resolution-Earphones/dp/B071CV9HGL/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543273865&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=apie bs1
these are built like tanks, but one user says he bought 3 pairs and they all crapped out on him. i don't use mine right now because i'm wearing out my rha m450is.
if you want headphones, i'd suggest saving up 10 bucks and getting porta pros
amazon.com/Koss-Porta-Headphones-Black-Silver/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543273920&sr=1-3&keywords=koss portapro
if you want something cheap but you'll have to replace a lot, califone ca-2
amazon.com/Califone-Wired-Headphones-jack-CA-2/dp/B000X92E3E/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543273964&sr=1-3&keywords=califone ca-2
if you have a friend in public school you can just steal these. teachers leave them lying around a lot.

Not that user but I recently ordered DT1990s as a longtime HD598 owner. My friend is willing to trade my the 598's for his zowie mouse because I need a new mouse to but am pretty broke after buying the 1990's. Should I go for the trade or keep my 598's.

i kinda wanna build one of these lol
schiit.com/products/coaster
i have a bit of soldering experience, but that's about it. i think i MAY be able to put either of these together though.i have a zowie in my garage right now. it's an ok mouse but it doesn't even begin to compare to my rival 700, which i got to replace my g502.

look pretty ghetto user, the case is fugly and i dont like those perforated boards, but i'm very impressed, crack + speedball for 100 eurobucks is tempting. i might sell my darkvoice and take that redpill

Daily dose of wanting to live: youtube.com/watch?v=Ld5XH__V2mo

Attached: 2018-11-26 18_15_57-Photos.jpg (818x810, 140K)

My friends say that zowie is the best but I have always preferred my G400s. I'm so sad the right click button doesn't work anymore.

zowie mouse sound like gaymer chink grade market bullshit. sell your 598 and take the trackball pill

Thanks user! I will into these!

Attached: 1541547978076.gif (500x573, 442K)

perforated boards have uniform sound >.>
using actual would would actually deteriorate the sound.

Kind of is desu but they are at least somewhat respectable and I'm too lazy to actually look for a buyer for these old ass 598's. I'm just wondering if they are worth keeping around or if even if my DT1990s are much more neutral they just blow the 598's out of the water so hard they aren't worth using.

Sound is sound. If you think the headphones sound worse than your iems then just use the iems.

I guess if you ignore the speedball mod and go for the vanilla crack, and follow their manual step by step, you can do it no problem. If you want to add the speedball though you'll either need their PCBs or you need to be able to follow a schematic (which I can provide).

It might look messy, but there's zero noise even at full volume. That wasn't the case at first...
The case looks... particular, since I decided to use a copper sheet instead of aluminum. I'm not 100% sold on its look either but I can't be bothered to redo the whole thing.
As for the perforated, those are fine as long as you don't use them for RF circuits.

Radiohead - Kid A
Knaye West - 808s & Heartbreak
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Kanye West - Yeezus

Attached: 1528491770712.png (1271x999, 349K)

>HD201

Can I get some help picking bluetooth earbuds? More specifically, are there any out there that aren't going to crap out after 3 months of sweating in them? I messed up and ordered powerbeats3's because they were half off, but now I'm seeing reviews overwhelmingly talk about how sweat destroys them. I've been looking at more with the plan to cancel my order, but almost every pair I see (even ones that specifically mention being sweatproof) have similar reviews.

At a budget of $100 max, will I do better than the beats? Is bt earbud technology just not at the point where batteries will last more than 4 months at a time?

you could have replaced them, this past weekend they were 20 bucks.

what, they sell individual mouse parts?

I mean they were selling the g402 for 20

oh, fuck me then.

Guess nobody cares but I ended up ordering them and breaking my budget pretty hard. I've been using my HD650s for like 11 years now so I've gotten really used to their sound, guess I can post a short impression here in a couple days. I hope that my desire for a "final" set of phones can finally be put to rest with this buy. Guess the HD650s will be my piano headphones from now on.

How much?
Are they open?

Attached: sony-mdrz-z1r-1.jpg (800x500, 103K)

jesus, idol trash's desperate attempts to defend the hd600 last thread was a sight to see.

I made fun of him for gaslighting and saying you need to buy an amp/dac stack, he says he does nothing of the sort and then he does it
>If you have any friend with an amp or dac+amp, try to get a loan

what the fuck reality are you living in idol trash? you are an infestation worse than the turks

Attached: 1515959379773.jpg (600x600, 106K)

Is it as good as dx3 pro? I like the mic port. Is it good as atoms too?

stop making anime ops retard

Attached: img.jpg (1200x1200, 260K)

why?

Attached: 1542213107422.png (926x905, 1.37M)

Eric Clapton - Timepieces

Attached: benor.jpg (720x564, 108K)

Around $2300. They're closed. The openness of the HD650s always got on my nerves. PC fan noise never again, hopefully.

cringe, bluepilled and buypig

Beyers increased my test 200%
>inb4 hurr durr I'm so clever 2x0=0

>$2300
Holly shit, I didn't know Sony still have flagship headphones

did you mod the hd58X or are you just shitposting?

You could have gotten decent pc with sound dampening case instead for this price.

z1r isn't their flagship, the qualia still is technically

I've got a decent PC already and getting your rig dead quiet is a pain in the ass. Also I would still hear my neighbors fugging and playing tuba

stop already with this meme, 58x sucks nigger balls and zeos is cringe at a level where even his fuckbuddys disagree with him on that assdrop collage of sennheiser rejected components

I hardly did a thing and I cant hear my pc. Other than having sound damping fractal case I guess.

>4 Hz–120,000 Hz
DAMN!

relax. I just asked if he modded his hd58x, which he clearly hasn't so he's forgetting an important variable as to why people think the hd58x is a replacement for the hd660s

Yeah, don't know what to say then. I've got a a Fractal Design R5 and with a supposedly quiet GTX 1070 and it's hella annoying even with light gaming, not to mention rendering.

XD

they look gorgeous, I've wanted a pair, but they aren't very good. expect boomy beats style sound signature with wonky treble.

they for sure would make for a good end game closed can considering they are a great EQ candidate