Why do Americans buy crap like this?

What's the point of Google stick, Amazon stick, Apple stick/TV/Alexa whatever?

All TVs now can already be connected to the Internet and have apps and everything you want.

Attached: 6023200_sd.jpg (511x640, 32K)

Not everybody has a brand new TV and not every TV can do the exact thing you want. Also not sure what Americans specifically have to do with this, these products are marketed a lot of places.

>all TVs...

Um...you think we buy a new TV every week?

Attached: 1542954757140.jpg (543x540, 25K)

These devices are made entirely for the purpose of streaming media content. They receive updates and work well.
A lot of smart TV's have that shit tacked on and its buggy and does not work as well as those other devices. Also not everybody has a smart TV

>All TVs now
Here's a (you)

My TV is old from 2011,not yank but can't be bothered to upgrade TV so just use a roku for YouTube etc

Most who buy them are still using their first or second 32" flat tv they bought back in 2011.

Attached: 9d6c4169b0e2331f730ee55dd89b8970af374a2cbbcd0d73a29183b946984a08.png (223x226, 69K)

>Why buy a $40 stick when you could just buy a $500 new TV

Americans are smart enough to understand that it's cheaper buying a * stick than getting a new "smart TV" every time a manufacture stop pushing out security updates.

Attached: A07F3DAB5E994F4F9D592E3F18A23623.jpg (540x960, 70K)

>why do Americans
Every board, always obsessed.

Smart TVs are shit. Software never gets updated, buggy slow pieces of shit. A TV just needs to display my content, I don't need it to be "smart".

> t. triggered amerifat

I travel with my Chromecast so I'm not forever to watch shit cable in hotel rooms

Exactly, I don’t get how these even sell at all. Every new tv is a smart tv now.

Like others have said not everyone has a smart TV since not everyone has bought a TV in the last few years.
Even with TVs as cheap as they are its still cheaper to buy a stream stick/box (which are basically sold at cost) than a new TV

>He bought a "smart" TV

and you have the nerve to speak condescendingly towards others?

Most smart TVs are barely usable for normal TV watching, the rest is completely buggy
>obsessed
Stop forcing this shit, it will never become an epic meme.

I'm still using a 32" 1366*768 LCD TV that is 11 years old and has 3"+ bezels.
Sure it has large pixels if you sit within a meter of it but the VA panel has surprisingly nice colors and the pixel size is irrelevant when your couch is 3+ meters away.

Got an android box and a mini HTPC connected to it, does everything it needs to do in the living room and has better speakers than most of those "Smart TVs" you can buy today. It's basically got a soundbar built into the thing.
The stand also has swivel and tilt which a lot of TVs no longer have these days.

Still waiting for the day it finally dies so I can move my 40" 1080P Sharp G10 10bit panel TV to the living room and get a 50"+ 4K dumb TV.

Attached: J7010344-1.jpg (693x542, 201K)

Euros and other third-worlders are always the ones constantly foaming up the mouth about shit Americans do and never the other way around.
After a while it starts to seem like an obsession

I’m not American but I can see every motherfucker goes “why americans do dis hahah dumb americans” because they’re coping so hard living in their shitholes.

and where exactly is it you can buy a new tv that isn't smart?

It's mainly because the biggest part of posters here are murricans

Literally the only TV's that are not smart are shitty sub 30 inch TVs or super bottom of the barrel garbage made for black Friday or something.
I guess you can go buy used but with TVs being so cheap as they are I don't know why you would bother.
I have no idea why people here are so bothered by smart TVs, don't connect it to the internet and just use it as a display

I just shitcan-ed mine. It served well from 2013-2015. Been collectin' dust since I quit AmazonPrime.

Attached: Kevlar.png (1999x1125, 879K)

>he doesn't want to wait 30-60 seconds for a TV to turn on
>he doesn't wanted built-in ads
>he wants timely security upgrades
>he wants to be able to upgrade without tossing out a TV

Fucking fags, I bet you don't even use Apple products

Apple product user here
chromecast is GOAT

Not just that but you go into debt for this shit
You have a major spending problem, not just on the federal level

My friend hacked mine so now I get a bunch of new shows and TVs for free. The UI is a piece of shit though.

ITT assblasted americans can't accept they have done something wrong for the sixteen millionth time

Attached: 6524f3851b301b268a2fd8c0b948a3da27fb0c9e9a5b11713c179dc7ea569fb8leftypol.jpg (600x425, 75K)

when i take a work trip out of town, i just unplug my apple tv and throw it in my computer bag. when i get to the hotel i take it out and plug it into the tv in the room. now i have all my same apps and tv as if i were at home. it's nice and comfy. i'm not sure a smart tv would fit in my bag or make it through airport security as easily.

Buying smart TVs is stupid anyway, they aren't well supported, and the software will go obsolete relatively quickly. It also makes your TV take forever to turn on. Remember when you hit the power button and the TV was on in a couple of seconds? Those were the fucking days. Now it's like, stare at the brand logo for 10 seconds while we boot up the fucking computer we put in your TV.

External device is the proper way. Displays are only meant to be displays. They don't need bells and whistles.

best buy, fry's electronics...basically any electronics store. i got my 65" vizio non-smart tv at best buy.

i bought a smart tv, and the damned thing was buggy as hell. that's why i'm bothered by them.

Most people don't buy a new tv every year
I'm still using a 1080p one from 2009 and its perfectly fine.

all my "smart TV" friends prefer 1000x using my Chromecast when they come here, on my "dumb" tv.

If by 'hacked' you mean your friend installed Kodi on it, then he truly is the hackerman.

>buy 4k firestick
>put it in my living room
>its clearly faster and more responsive than the old fire stick with the distance from my router
>put the old firestick in my 2nd monitor to watch streams without using up resources from my PC, its also more responsive now that it's closer to the router

I don't watch cable or satellite TV anymore, there's no reason for me not to have a device like this

Attached: 1424637598156.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

>new Firestick finally has a remote with volume controls
>it only controls the volume of your TV, not of the Firestick itself

WHY

Attached: 1535272036742.gif (489x356, 63K)

Attached: 1541000400395.jpg (837x921, 171K)

a true oversight on Amazon's part

>mfw I'm still using an old tube tv from more than a decade ago and is connected to cabletv subscription. It hasn't broken down yet tho.
Am I missing something that is a must?

wait until your TV stops getting updates
you are basically out of the game in 2-3 years
this type of dongles are a must
that or buying a new smart TV every 3 years

What's the best standalone device like this or Chromecast that won't require Internet access for me to cast to, but it's as simple to use as a Chromecast (just HDMI into a port and USB for power)?

>heh, those dumb americans don't just spend hundreds of dollars on TVs instead of 20 dollars on an accessory that achieves the same thing
weak bait desu

>buying new TV every 2 years
Must be nice being that rich.

third world likes to buy TVs and iPhones constantly and living like pic related

Attached: CClG0FBW4AARxGL.jpg (675x668, 61K)