pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: nibbles.jpg (480x672, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00429N18S/
samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/galaxy-tab-a/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1--16gb--wi-fi---white-sm-t580nzwaxar/
es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Jumper-EZpad-6s-pro-2-in-1-tablet-11-6-Intel-apollo-lake-N3450-6GB-DDR3/2216020_32818464154.html?spm=a219c.search0104.3.1.4b326f8fKOp3gA
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
ebay.com/itm/Cube-i10-Durable-10-6-inch-HD-Display-Tablet-PC-Laptops-For-Android-5-1-Lot-HF/222286567946?hash=item33c14fda0a:m:mvDrYuGmM6MLSYP3SAw8BhQ:rk:1:pf:0
aliexpress.com/item/Multi-language-Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-Tablets-4-Snapdragon-660-AIE-8-16-10-Screen-Tablet/32899220508.html?spm=2114.search0104.8.5.2e8c6a59pOgE63
s.click.aliexpress
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/debloat
developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#System
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want that anime boi eating my meat
no homo

Is there a good way to safely torrent things? I've heard you shouldn't use Tor and and VPNs don't really work. Is there any safe way to do it? Obviously not the most adept at computery stuff.

What sort of jobs do you people look for when all you really know is computer hardware & building them?
The only job nearby is a help desk role, and a few years ago, my brother would come home from working at a help desk job with pretty much nonstop horror stories.

Hey bubs

Should I go with
>27" 4k 60hz IPS
or
>27" 1440p 144hz TN

Both are the same price

Only used for media consumption and gaming

Attached: kisspng-vanellope-von-schweetz-wreck-it-ralph-youtube-soni-wreck-it-ralph-5ac7d718eff556.26399155152 (900x1040, 121K)

What's the standard for Jow Forums script extensions nowadays? (e.g. AppchanX 4ChanX, etc)

I know you aren't supposed to do it over TOR because it slows down the network and is antithetical to how TOR is supposed to work, but aren't VPN's a good option? I thought that was the go-to way of doing it if you wanted to do illegal shit with torrents. I haven't torrented shit in ages though, so idk how experts would do it.

Looking at getting a second monitor for my iMac. Would like decent colours, don't care for viewing angles since I'll be pretty much right in front of it when using it.
I'm seeing a few BenQ VA panels that are fairly inexpensive. What're the benefits of VA over other types of panel?
Also, is there any reason at all to get a 100+ Hz monitor for MacOS? Does the OS support it or something? Sorry, never used anything beyond 60Hz with any computer/laptop.

Ive heard that clients are kind of the issue here, maybe I'm wrong tho. It said something like the client puts your real IP on the packet so it can be tracked super easily.

As someone that has no issue with desk real estate using a computer that is housed in a full ATX case, is it worth downsizing?
I'm mostly concerned about thermals, size isn't a big deal to me, but I'm curious because a smaller, more portable computer seems neat if I ever need to lug it around for any reason.

I went from a whatever an Obsidian 800D is classified as, fuck huge, to a mid tower by corsair and honestly, I think there's about a 3 degree difference with air cooling. It's negligible. And the case I have now has sound dampening which keeps more heat in than a case without it.

If I play older* games, is an 8GB 580 that much greater than a 4GB one of the same model?
My 2 newest games that I actually have downloaded and play any amount are God Eater 2 (Mid-2016) & Witcher 3 (Mid-2015), for reference.
Cheapest 580 4GB I found is $270 w/ $15 shipping
The same model but 8GB variant is about $370
~$100 difference seems like more than it's worth for double the VRAM.
I don't plan on playing many newer games than this

Can't you overclock a 570 to just shy of 580 performance?
If so, is there any reason to get a 4GB 580 over a 4GB 570?
I'll be buying a 580 8GB, just curious.

I'm looking at getting an uninterruptible power supply for my desktop and other plugs on cyber Monday. I was told to look for one that is not a simulated sine wave, so I found this one:

amazon.com/dp/B00429N18S/

But when I check with a PSU calculator, my desktop likely uses more than 600W of power. The specs for this model say 850VA/510W, though. Since my probable wattage for my desktop alone is higher than the supposed specs for this unit, and I'm certainly going to add more electronics to the outlet, does that mean the battery backup or even the outlet won't work for me? Or am I sweating over nothing? Should I look into buying a model with a higher wattage output?

Is there any idea as to how much performance would be lost from an RX 590 if I undervolt it to manage thermals? The XFX Fatboi is the cheapest RX590 I can find, and from what I've seen on Jewtube, it still gets quite toasty, so was wanting to undervolt it to manage thermals & power draw a tad, but not sure if I should just get a 580 if I'm losing that much performance.
Will be selling all the games I get from the card(s) regardless, so that'll offset either.
I'm just super fucking autistic and don't like the thought of heat desu

I tried headphone general, but this might be a better place to ask. I'm finally making the switch to wireless earbuds. I'm usually pretty resistant to tech that isn't absolutely necessary, but I'm tired of having to be wired into my phone to hear things. I ordered a pair of powerbeats3's on black friday because they were only 99$, but I'm reading reviews now that make it seem like they break after 2 months from sweat (I plan on exercising in these, so thatd be a problem). But I also see that just about every other major workout oriented bluetooth earbud has similar complaints. Can anyone recommend a set for working out that I won't have to replace every 90 days? Or is wireless earbud technology just not past its kinks?

this is going to be made fun of or whatever, but get airpods. they're literally great.

I have a Cisco SPA525G-RC that's locked to vodafone onenet is there any way i can reset it or break the password?

Attached: 00d9b1e39f02d57be65ad2a9a6eaa3b8_XL.jpg (900x509, 158K)

VPN will spy on you, so don't share personal info or go to FB or use your credit card or do too illegal stuff on shady VPNs (all of them, used to be mostly the free ones).
If you only put torrent through the VPN and don't download CP or bomb blueprints it should be OK.

>uses 600w
>can 510w work?
Please address this logic before making another post.

>all of them, used to be mostly the free ones
why did things change? Is it really ALL VPNs or just five eyes shit?

Your desktop uses 600W or has a 600W PSU?
Because if it uses 600W what kind of PC is it, Dual VEGA gpu? overclocked FX8350?

But lets say you have a Dual GPU setup with a high power draw CPU that is overclocked and you do draw 600W, get the 800W UPS.

No because its missing cores.

wheres the best place to get cheap ink for canon printers? id google but all the stupid top 10 list sites dont really help.

You trash it out and buy a Brother ink tank printer.

Yeah I know that, but just pure overclocking surely can get fairly close to the stock 580 performance, right?

Close but there would still be a 5-8% performance difference.
That is one of the reasons why the 570 was so popular with miners.

Difference would be bigger in 1440p or 4k because the memory speed but if you are buying a 570 i doubt you are going to use it in a screen bigger than 1080p.

I calculated my desktop's power draw needs and it amounts to ~600W, I know I have an 850W PSU, though. I wasn't sure if 510W was a recommended amount of wattage that the model handled, or if it was the max output of wattage, but I can see that I will have to buy a heftier model.

A 510W PSU wouldn't be able to supply enough power to your computer at full load.
Then you also have to consider efficiency so 600W would actually draw 700-720W (600+20%+-).

samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/galaxy-tab-a/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1--16gb--wi-fi---white-sm-t580nzwaxar/
should I cop? gonna use it mainly for reading comics and occasionally watching movies and jewtube

I cant find anything on reverting the Davinci Minimaker 3d printer to factory settings. i updated the firmware and it wont read the nfc tag i have in there, but before i updated it was reading the tag just fine. does anyone have any experience with this? there seems to be no support for the mini series online

Attached: 1.png (400x400, 117K)

>Exynos 7870 with 16GB space with 2GB RAM for $150
Fuck no.
Buy a Chinese Windows tablet instead, check Jumper tablets, you can put a M2 SSD in those and come with a N3050 with 6GB RAM for $100-130.

you think you could hook me up with a link? amazon and ebay are coming up roughly 200 bucks when I search for it

What is the cheapest setup I can get to play beat saber if I already have a good pc but not a console?

Attached: 1519672170327.jpg (750x523, 32K)

es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Jumper-EZpad-6s-pro-2-in-1-tablet-11-6-Intel-apollo-lake-N3450-6GB-DDR3/2216020_32818464154.html?spm=a219c.search0104.3.1.4b326f8fKOp3gA

Otherwise check Xiaomi tablets if you really want an Android tablet but Windows tablets will be better in every way when it comes to reading manga and watching anime, you use Honeyview if you want to read manga properly in tablets.
If you have your doubts about buying from China check

I'm willing to pay for a license, but what's the best anti-virus/registry cleaner/malware remover program in terms of value?

Asking for a friend.

Attached: 1543171348028.jpg (900x900, 179K)

Just download MSToolkit from the source if you are that paranoid.
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

But Malwarebytes+Adwcleaner+Microsoft Autorun

Like VR setup? Get a Windows Mixed Reality headset. They're like $200 and have 6dof and good screens

So I just bought a new stick of ram (8 gig)

Anything special I need to do after I install it?
Will programs just normally adjust themselves to use a certain percentage of ram?

How good?
Just buy a HTC Vive there is a huge difference when it comes to tracking between headsets.

You put it in the same RAM channel slot than your other RAM stick, often the slots have different colors for a reason.
Which motherboard do you have?

there is no true safety in torrenting. but as long as you isp doesn't give a shit you're pretty much golden

thanks for the suggestion, the jumper tablets are a bit pricey but after browsing /csg/ and its wiki a bit, I came across this
ebay.com/itm/Cube-i10-Durable-10-6-inch-HD-Display-Tablet-PC-Laptops-For-Android-5-1-Lot-HF/222286567946?hash=item33c14fda0a:m:mvDrYuGmM6MLSYP3SAw8BhQ:rk:1:pf:0
but the seller seems suspect, there aren't even any options that match the title of the listing. good price and specs though I think for a 12 incher

Oh, it was an additonal stick to make the max total 16 gigs. My pc already recognized it, I was just wondering if there was anything that's recommended afterwards.

I told you that because if you don't your RAM will run in single-channel mode instead dual channel mode, which is bad.
Use speccy to check if you did it correctly.

Attached: 435t.png (1123x627, 157K)

You fucked up then.
Your ram should look like this in your motherboard.
x-8-x-8
You should use the Gray RAM slots first, they have the same color for a reason.

So, I should use the grey RAM slots first? I'll take it out and re-insert them. Afterwards everything should be kosher?

Yup, its in your motherboard manual.

Attached: ASUS Z170-A Manual.png (1149x513, 155K)

Absolutely do not get a Windows tablet. They are absolute ass. Windows 10 does not have a real touchscreen experience, so you constantly keep wanting to use a keyboard and a mouse instead of trying to tap the tiny buttons on the screen. Windows tablets also have a tendency to overheat and have bad battery life. If you simply want a device to read comics/manga (Tachiyomi is a great app), browse web, watch YouTube (YouTube Vanced has no ads and has background play) and listen to music, get a cheap Android tablet. The best budget option right now is Xiaomi's Mi Pad 4. Look for devices with Snapdragon SoC's and under no circumstance consider Mediatek (MTK) tablets.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-Bangladesh-816x459.jpg (816x459, 58K)

>Windows tablets also have a tendency to overheat and have bad battery life
Not a problem since Atom CPUs are a thing, even the ones using something like a N3050 wont overheat.

is the xiaomi better than the cheaper and bigger samsung I posted here running Exynos 7870?

They do overheat. Many cheap Windows tablets basically require you to do open the device and do a thermal mod yourself simply to prevent the device from throttling. Atom CPUs (even the new ones) can get to 70-80 C very easily.

forgot to link the other tablet

Mi Pad 4 is better in pretty much every single way (there is a 10" version called Mi Pad 4 Plus if you'd prefer that to the 8"). It has better better CPU, more RAM, better battery, more recent version of Android and better support for custom ROMs.

I’m trying to set up a powerline network right now. It will include both ethernet only (TP-AV2000) wifi/ethernet (TL-PA9020) components. So far I have been able to get the 2 wifi components paired. I know the internet works since I am able to connect to my normal wifi and have internet access and see the router admin page. I don’t have access when I connect to the wifi of the TP link adapter. In fact, I don’t see the device(s) connected at all on the router despite the fact they are paired and the router is connected to the appropriate adapter using an ethernet cable.

How do I fix this?

Attached: E7E8286E-99B1-4FC9-AC39-D1BAA3F1F4C3.jpg (590x442, 56K)

this may be a dumb question, but here the USA hasn't exactly been user friendly with supporting xiaomi phones. this doesn't affect the experience with the tablets right?

Just checked the adapter not connected to the router: it seems to have become unpaired. I’m pretty sure they’re on the same circuit since it’s the same room.

Thanks mate.
You're a good guy.

Should I bite on the 1TB SSD for $130?
I’m not necessarily in a rush right now to buy one, but I will get it if its just too good of a deal to pass up.

Only thing you need to consider is whether you want the Mi Pad 4 that comes with only WiFi or one with both WiFi and LTE. All Chinese devices do not necessarily use the 4G/LTE bands available in the US and you should check the compatibility beforehand. If you don't plan sticking a SIM card into your tablet, there is no problem.

How to convert a SHA256 hash to MD5

The 860 EVO sale? if so yes.

You can't.

How can I download Windows 10 1803? I didn't think they'd break network drives like this.

Attached: Sony Monkey Haircut.jpg (540x400, 39K)

na, I'll stick with wi fi
I've never used ali baba before so
aliexpress.com/item/Multi-language-Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-Tablets-4-Snapdragon-660-AIE-8-16-10-Screen-Tablet/32899220508.html?spm=2114.search0104.8.5.2e8c6a59pOgE63
is this one legit to get? fair price? gonna get the 4 gb ram/64 gb memory one with the black case

Yes also Aliexpress != Alibaba.
And yes it is since its the official Xiaomi store.

will it have google play store out of the box?

Why the FUCK can't i do a full system image backup in windows 7 on my freshly encrypted external HDD? I connected it via USB/SATA bridge externally but in the image destination dialogue it doesn't get listed at all despite being properly mounted and showing up in explorer aswell

Don't get the "international" or "multi-language" version. There is no official "global" version of Mi Pad 4 like there is for some Xiaomi phones. If seller says it's a multi-language version, it basically means they have flashed a custom ROM on the device and it will not get OTA updates. Look for a device that is "Chinese version" or if the seller says the device supports Chinese and English as languages. The chinese version comes with an official ROM that has full support for English (I'm using one right now and there is no trace of Chinese anywhere). You can always flash a custom ROM yourself later.

So I am in Linux Mint and my power went out and when I turned my PC back on I got a message saying you are in emergency mode I tried Ctrl D and also enter then type exit and nothing happened then when I typed systemctl this popped up what do I do?

Attached: 20181126_213151.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

Fag

Attached: 1534804587049.png (1761x1285, 904K)

Is there a difference in the Nintendo Switch. HAC SKA BAA vs HAC 001?

Attached: 5670100_sd.jpg maxHeight 640 maxWidth 550.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg (550x395, 37K)

Windows 7 or Linux?
I don't plan on gaming, mostly just watching stuff and homework like programming. Fresh SSD.

This is the link you want.
s.click.aliexpress
.com/e/CeHFpZe

thanks dude, I found one that said CN version but didn't come with the case, the one you linked comes with a case so I'm definitely going for that one. thanks a lot man, looks pretty cool

Yeah, no problem. If it comes with some Chinese apps preinstalled, they can be easily removed using the tool mentioned here reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/debloat . You probably will have to install Google Play Store manually from an apk, but after that it's smooth sailing.

cute pic of me

Contemplating between buying an SSD or an HDD.
Here's what I know:
SSD more expensive per gb and is faster
HDD less expensive per gb and is slower.
Also, I'd like some clarification regarding lifespan and writing to the drives.
Do SSDs last longer? And also, is it true that downloading a lot of stuff or saving a lot to a SSD will lower its lifespan?

OP first link.

>Do SSDs last longer?
High end ones (860 EVO, MX500, etc) do, cheap ones? up to your luck.

>And also, is it true that downloading a lot of stuff or saving a lot to a SSD will lower its lifespan?
Not anymore since 3D NAND is a thing (Any SSD made after 2016 uses 3D NAND by default, even the cheapest ones).
This was because 2D NAND SSDs had a limited amount of writes, see Intel 320 a SSD from 2011.

Buy both, get a 500GB 860 evo for $78-85 and a 2TB WD Blue for $55-60.

You want an SSD for your OS. Period. If you don't need a shitton of storage, consider getting a 1TB ssd, as they're getting a lot cheaper these days. Especially in destops, a lot of people get one of each, but if you don't need that much space it makes it a bit simpler to just get a large ssd.

Also to give you a idea, the 850 EVO can wite 9.1 PB (Not TB, but PB) before turning into read only mode.
Took 2 years of stress testing to find that out.
And 860 EVO has 4 times the writes of the 850 EVO because the 3D NAND increased from 32 to 64 layers.
All other high end SSDs are just as good too.

Avoid Kingston, PNY, weird name/chink brands, and low end SSDs for desktop use.

Yes

got a plan to buy a 1U+ Denverton Atom or Quad Core i3 slab that'll get stacked on top of a rack synthesizer, a compressor/limiter, and an Audio Interface for an unholy monolith made for vidya servers and music production.

how retarded is this plan? how viable is it even to keep noise & heat reasonably low?

Attached: denverton-miniitx.jpg (600x625, 93K)

I was about to buy a 500HB 860 Evo, but I noticed that its V-NAND. So downloading and deleting stuff would be bad for it?

I don't think I need that much space. I already have a separate HDD for putting stuff in it. Problem would be that I would be downloading a lot onto an SSD.

You're over thinking it. Any SSD made in the last few years doesn't give a shit about writes, especially the good ones which the evo's all are.

Samsung V-NAND is 3D NAND, they were one of the first to create 3D NAND actually with the 850 EVO and so far the most reliable consumer SSDs.
Writes don't affect SSDs anymore, even the cheapest ones.

Also you can set up Chrome, your torrent program to download directly to your HDD instead SSD if that worries you.

Does anyone remember the name of the tool you can download that allows you to get whatever windows you want and remove all its bloat?

Want to read some LNs before falling asleep
What is a good epub reader for android?

Unironically, Google Play Books.

Thanks

Is there a website I can put a regular youtube link, and then it will convert and download as a VR video?

Attached: 1526433889262.jpg (321x322, 24K)

> 152.9 GB of log files
How do I fix this shit? It takes up all of my space within a few minutes of me clearing out some space.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-26_22-55-04.png (1680x1050, 380K)

Find out what's being written in to them.

> UFW AUDIT
Logging was a mistake.

Which system apk is responsible for collecting app-usage data?

developer.android.com/about/versions/android-5.0.html#System

What's the lowdown on SSDs over PCIe? Is it just a meme?
I've got a free PCIe 2.0 x4 slot. Shold I jam an SSD in there or just use SATA?

got a ubuntu command line exam in an hour and I missed the class for weeks

what are the commands that I can use to get help in the command prompt other than
>man
>info
>whatis

we're allowed to use the built-in "manual" in the command line, but no internet searching