Portable Desktop with Full-power graphics

Hey, I need to buy (or build) a portable desktop with full power graphics (that can be hopefully upgradable) that can handle being put in a large luggage case and tossed around by the neanderthals at the airport without damage.

I travel a lot and obviously gaming laptops suck, I can use the TV in a hotel room.

Can a standard MiniATX build handle being tossed around in an airport? OR are there cases out there that reinforce the video card etc and keep stuff from flopping around?

I could give a damn less about looks, I'd build a case out of chicken wire and bubblegum if It didnt need to be portable, and RGBs are a waste of my money.

Attached: 61VbVSqurLL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001821
amazon.com/ThinkGeek-GearGrip-Pro-Large-Size/dp/B00021UJ62
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

also known as laptop

And when I say full-power, I'm talking about 1080 Ti performance minimum and plenty of processor, power consumption be damned.

Not upgradable and expensive as F?

I don't want to spend the $2800 for a Razer Blade. Especially when it might be obsolete in a year or two.

Looking to play Space farer games on max settings, like Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, or EVE online.

You could start by designing a case with a suspended internal cage for shock absorption. Use all solid state parts. Epoxy the delicate parts if you feel necessary.
To reduce size you can design a custom cooling system, combing CPU+GPU+PSU cooling with maybe one big blower fan over their heatsinks. Or design a water loop over one very big radiator. If done properly this could save a lot of space, though I've never seen anyone watercool a PSU before.
You may one to mod a high output server PSU, this might allow you to reduce the size a bit more.

Maybe consider a laptop compatible with external GPUs via thunderbolt 3. Like that razor cage thing. Then you can pack a relatively small laptop (rather than a 10lb behemoth) and the separate small egpu enclosure. You can upgrade both as needed. You can also put together a decently sized travel case, maybe with that custom cut foam to keep everything safe.

So the consensus is that a MiniATX desktop probably wouldn't survive the airport?

Don't be a poorfag. Buy a full size tower and something like a Pelican case to transport it. Don't be dumb and get something too small. Get a full sized tower ffs.

>user gets robbed by baggage handlers

explain why
why does anyone need a full tower for anything other than multiple gpus or a shitload of drives
most people are using a single gpu and nothing else

Attached: 1543249242781.jpg (1181x604, 81K)

Stop being poor. You'll fill a tower soon enough if you spend money.

zotac E series

>And when I say full-power, I'm talking about 1080 Ti performance minimum and plenty of processor, power consumption be damned.
lmao, fuck off

the
>I don't know which of these numbers is important so I just went overkill on all of them because my dad is rich
starterpack

you're forgetting the fact that you'll need to travel with a good monitor as well. it's simply too much. get a razer blade for traveling.

not the OP but if it's to go through airports weight is a big factor there. I can understand wanting to go with a small tower but I don't understand why he's so against a laptop when his options are so limited.

Mac mini

OP said he plans on using hotel room TVs.

Buy a small case and cram it full of stuff. It's not that hard. That's the best bet. i9, 64 gigs of ram, couple of ssds, power supply and GTX 1080 ti, case closed.

>t. too poor to afford traveling with a full tower PC in a large crate
lmao at you poorfags that can't enjoy the better things in life

this was on sale for black friday. You already fucked up.

you want a laptop with thunderbolt 3 like anons are saying hereGet a Dell XPS 15 or Thinkpad X1 Extreme along with pic related

that way you get an upgradeable desktop GPU enclosure and a 6 core laptop CPU that will remain relevant for at least 5 years or more.

Attached: file.png (1264x452, 137K)

can't you just get a laptop like any normal person

You could build your own case using a smaller form PSU then mount the GPU flat and to the side of the Mobo using a riser. That was my plan until I found a laptop with a 1070 for a grand

wew lad

Get one od those thin cases like node202 or ml08.

>Hey, I need to buy (or build) a portable desktop with full power graphics (that can be hopefully upgradable) that can handle being put in a large luggage case and tossed around by the neanderthals at the airport without damage

IMO, you need a rackmount computer mounted in a shock absorbing 19 rack case.

You might be able to get away with a 2u case. Its not going to be small, which imo defeats the point.

I was going to suggest the same thing, but he wants it to be in airport luggage, that shit will die, his only option IMO if he doesnt get something small and take it in hand luggage is a 19 inch rackmount build in a shock absorbing flight case.

>PIC RELATED
He needs to build a 19 rack pc and mount it in something like this, only way it will be working after airport staff throw it about.

Attached: shock case.jpg (900x820, 104K)

>SLI 1080
>16GB Dedicated VRAM
This pic a shit

NUC's need ram and an ssd. You can get a bluetooth screen for it.

holy shit that costs more than twice as much as my car
why would anyone buy this

Try to find one of thsese bad boys and take it as a carry on, that way you don't have to worry about retards throwing it around.

thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001821
forgot the link

Alienware X51 R2

there is also this amazon.com/ThinkGeek-GearGrip-Pro-Large-Size/dp/B00021UJ62 if you don't mind people knowing you are lugging a fucking desktop around.

for an unlimited gaming experience & crush the competition