Firefox menu is a fucking mess. Don't they have anyone with a brain to make sense of it?

Firefox menu is a fucking mess. Don't they have anyone with a brain to make sense of it?

Attached: 1543273710639.png (759x624, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4CgrEbTT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With non-Quantum Firefox you can change the order however you want because UI's CSS is editable.

you haven't seen real mess if you think that's messy. besides, with keyboard shortcuts, you hardly need to use the menu.

>wasting time re-arranging that shit just to post it on Jow Forums
wew

no, you need to bully devs into making this shit better by default
people need to see how simple and obvious these changes are

ummmmm, you still can change the order with css on quantum.

Attached: sample.png (264x76, 3K)

You can remove any of the shit that you don't need in that menu with this code...

pastebin.com/4CgrEbTT

...Just put it in your userChrome.css file.

Although if the FF devs had any braincells we shouldn't have to edit CSS in the fucking first place. They are SJW morons though.

tbf, CSS editing for advanced customization has been a thing before Jow Forumstoddlers sjw screeching.

Yes but you used to be able to remove those menu items in older FF, simply by using the Customise option. But now you NEED to use CCS for this basic functionality.

But drag/drop customization for toolbar items still exist. Old ff don't have anything like PanelUI iirc and we never be able to easily hide options on menu bar like file, edit, view, history etc without css editing.

Firefox is retarded.
Dubs confirm.

They abandoned meritocracy.

>Don't they have anyone with a brain to make sense of it
No, hiring people with brains is meritocracy and mozilla is cracking that down :^)

>hiring people with brains
People with brains either do scientific research and further humanity or become upper management/entrepreneurs and maximize their personal wealth. Tech and software in particular attracts nobody but autistic mediocrities.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 225 × 225 pixels).jpg (225x225, 8K)

I love how they tucked History behind a submenu, but have a dedicated button for a subsection of a single tab of the settings page.

wait what?
where the fuck is history?

>with keyboard shortcuts, you hardly need to use the menu.
This, except I literally never use it at all.

Library -> History. They also moved Show All History to the very bottom of the screen.

Attached: history.png (833x929, 46K)

I never use this menu. Not when the old menu bar is still available.

i agree that this is fucking retarded, but come on man, it's just ctrl+shift+h, how hard is that to remember?

Chrome is 10x worse, especially in settings.

>library
Who the fuck uses this shit when you can use the side bar? Imho library button is completely useless and should be removed.

>Ctrl+Shift+H

I never even knew that menu existed.
Just click Alt->S->Return(Enter for you kids) if you're to brainlet to remember hotkeys.

Attached: Untitled.png (783x205, 15K)

diversity is strength

>want to go to history or downloads
>need to click like 3 fucking button with slow as fuck animations

>History
Read >Downloads
Ctrl+J

Sorry vimfag when I’m browsing I just use my mouse so it would actually be a lot slower to move to the keyboard just to type some cryptic conbination of keys. Every other browser does it correctly, stop defending this uneducated UX design

I'm not defending it, just posting solutions to most peoples problems. If you use a keyboard that is.

The UX isn't the main problem, it's that the browser blocks addons from having enough privilege, so mouse gestures doesn't always work.
So I had to use StrokePlus to get the functions back.
Also work on OS level so that's a plus.
You reply like a sane person so don't go full "hurr durr Windows" on me since I don't bash whatever choice of OS you use.

>History Ctrl+Shift+H
>Downloads Ctrl+J
Jownloads? Consistency would help and it really makes me wonder why they choose that instead of Ctrl[+Shift]+H, that's weird.

Well thats true, can't argue with you there.
I hate that Ctrl+Shift+B isn't bookmarks.

And I hate that Ctrl+D automatically saves the page as a bookmark unless you click cancel. It should treat clicking outside the Dune button to act like cancel.

Is dragging this icon too much?

Attached: brainlets.jpg (1849x819, 66K)

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 12.34.30.png (1026x232, 255K)

press F10 retard

What version are you using because mine does not look like that.

people with a brain voted yes on prop 8

You might aswell fork it and maintain it yourself.

i don't mind it, as other anons told you, Firefox allows to customize their UI very drastically so that's the reason behind the whole shitstorm of clones, its like ubuntu or debian distros.
Just edit it your self based on your elitistic criteria, that's how open source projects operate

>Firefox allows to customize their UI very drastically
allowed*