Anyone recommend a decent open back headphone for gaming / watching movies and tv...

Anyone recommend a decent open back headphone for gaming / watching movies and tv ? I wanted the sennheiser 598 sr but they have shot over 200 dollars recently when they were 140 bucks before.

Attached: 41X8ZPjlKJL.jpg (383x500, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amzn.com/B07KFLX8HV
usa.philips.com/c-p/SHP9500S_27/hifi-stereo-headphones
tomshardware.com/reviews/kingston-hyperx-cloud-alpha-headset,5516.html,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sr-009

Audio technica ath ad700x or similar, I got ones and they're great

people seem to be complaining of sound quality in the reviews

those are like 3000 dollars ? My budget is about 150

Sennheiser HD6XX/HD650

I have HD 518's from a while ago.
Just bought replacement ear pads, and they completely ruined the sound. Make sure you get the same type of earpad replacements as the ones that came with originals.

amzn.com/B07KFLX8HV

58x Jubilee

usa.philips.com/c-p/SHP9500S_27/hifi-stereo-headphones

open back is terrible for PC use due to background noise blocking out any of its advantages and even worse if its a set more expensive than 200$. you need a 0-8db environment to pick up any of the advantages of headphones over 200$ which is a effectively completely silent living room or TV/hifi room not a fucking 25+db computer.

people who buy 200+$ open ear headphones for PC use are ligit retards that dont know the first thing about audio you literally cant hear the wider range they can play unless the room is completely silent.
closed back headphones block out about 20db of noise so spending a fuckload on them for PC using isnt a total scam but its still a bad idea for gaming or some thing while system is under load.

some of us like the soundstage open backs provide, dingus.

Jesus, how loud is your desktop?

Attached: 1739132-b[1].jpg (350x350, 23K)

yes but you cant hear any of the rage of expensive headphones over your PC going 'buzzzz' it blocks out all the ranges any thing over 200$ provides.

if you want to buy open back 100$ headphones be my guest but the OP is asking about headphones that really have about a 300$ value and are just discounted and on sale its a waste for a PC environment.

its not that the PC blocks out the literal noise you hear you still feel you can hear the headphones its that the extra range expensive headphones reproduce is on the edges of your hearing already so 25db background noise overpowers it and you cant hear that extra clarity. to a dumb idiot like you you prob just turn it up or say nar I can hear it fine but you are loosing all the edges of the sound with out realizing it.

go play your iPhone thru your TV receivers or HIFI amp in a quite room (not directly from your iPhone as it wont be able to properly power headphones) and you will instently know what im talking about. you are loosing all the range from that faint hum in background.

About 15 dB at my seating position. My case is on the floor where it belongs, not right on the desk.

What a clueless mong.

AKG K240. Cheap, but pretty good for their price.

open back is a meme because nobass

OP here, went with the HD 58x jubilees. Is an amp necessary or should it be fine just plugging into the source ?

these 100%

you'll be fine.

-t.noexperience

I'm a bass head son. I drive a nigger truck. But I wear 598SR and love the range and bass response.

Attached: Ram_at_Lake.jpg (3479x1873, 1.68M)

Dumb question: I regularly talk on mic, both in games as well as doing some podcasting.

I use a shitty gaming headset, which is closed. Since my mic is pretty sensitive, would using open or semi-open headphones result in sound bleeding out and being picked up on mic?

If yes, what would be a good

Philips SHP9500 + V-MODA BoomPro

The HD599 which is a better headphone than HD598 and pic related which looks like a HD569 cost only $165.94 in my country with 25% VAT and 30% tax.

hyper x cloud cores or cloud1/2 if you can find them cheap.

lots of retarded console users brake the headphone jack off cloud2s so you can find them cheap and fix them your self its only 4 wires to solder/hotglue after twisting up.

they are made out of 100% parts from beyerdynamic factory in germany they just suck pallet loads of the parts to china for chinks to assemble that's why it says "assembled in china" not made in china.

cloud alphas are shit ignore them.

there is a playstation edition of the cloud1/2/cores thou if you are so way inclined but imo the silver metal parts on cloud1/2 look the best.

>cloud alphas are shit ignore them.
Fuck, those are the ones I have :(

I should mention: I also listen to music and watch movies on headphones a lot (thin walls, my neighbours have knocked on my door more than once when I played it on my sound system).

If I wanted a more general-purpose headphone in the

they arnt shit shit their added feature of the two chamber thing doenst help esports and the metal part can bend easier if you stand on them.

Shit is quite a free term used online don't worry. that doe the rest use plastic junk from china

if you already have alphas just keep using them id only sell them if you like the look of another set more.

Ah ok, thanks for elaborating.

Last question, but I cannot find anything about the Cloud Alpha's drivers. Are they still the Takstar 80s?

people just say they are shit to stop people with cloud1/2/cores/PlayStation edition thinking they need to upgrade to them.

they are fine. but just not a worth while upgrade or premium to pay when you starting with nothing.

if they are 52mm 60om the chance they are the same is about 100%

HD820

According to tomshardware.com/reviews/kingston-hyperx-cloud-alpha-headset,5516.html, they are 65ohm, 50mm

>no sound stage
Stop trying to bamboozle OP you evil evil snapheiser poster

>your PC going 'buzzzz'
It doesn't though
Speak for yourself poorfag

actually hyperx cloud originalys are said to be 50mm lots of the time as well.

its likely the same speaker exactly like basically a given. newer models often have slightly dif number specs but its just because they have to re test the device every 5years for electrical license. so it appears like stats change ever so slightly.

Alright thanks! I'll get off your back now. I'll stick with the Cloud Alpha until I have money over. Then I'll do new research.

it does you are just too stupid to admit it and too stupid to realize how easy it is to overpower the sounds at the edge of your hearing which is what these expensive headsets provide they literally provide nothing els you are just pissed you spent 600$ on headphones that will sound like 100$ ones beside your 1080ti..

AD700X
AD900X
DT770 closed back be warned
DT900 "muh treble cannons!" Yes it's axcellent for gaming infact.
K701/702
K712
SHP9500
Fidelio X2
HD559

It's to the level of "Just get whichever is cheaper"

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

I am sure you can prove you know what you are talking about by posting your audio setup, and by no means are you talking out of your ass, never owned any open headphones or any headphones worth more than $10

>1080ti
Take it back. You take that back right now.
Seriously though my machine is so close to completely quiet that it's lower than ambient noise in this building.

No. Infact I regret pointing out how silent this build is because what you're trying to say is that even people who don't have such a quiet setup should stay away from open backs. Miss out on the sound stage as it were because of the noise in a room with a computer in it.
You're crazy.

t. closedcuck

You are a retard. Do you also need sound tight room to use speakers. Fucking poorfag imbecile.

guys lying to them self saying their pc is quitter than "ambient" and that their open phones arnt ruined by PC noise.

they are you wasted your money sell them to some idiot.

You dont need to have ambient noise in your room you absolute fucking brainlet. Your headphones will overpower any noise when you actually use them.
Going by this logic, closed headphones dont isolate perfectly either so why even bother?
Kill yourself you braindead sour grapes poorfag.

Any cheap DACs that won't break in a week?

im not saying you cant hear the basic sound coming out of them im saying you cant hear the edges of the wave form that 200$+ headphones produce if they are open back and you have ambient noise. if you don't believe me go on any audiophile forum if you live in the city and your TV/HIFI room isn't completely silent they recommend closed and that's in a silent room your idling 20db computer even with no game running still fucks them up and in gaming its even worse. you would have to set the volume so high to pick up these extra frequencies over that noise you would literally go deaf in seconds.

you can obviously still hear them fine but you are missing out on literally what you are paying for them using them beside a computer.

stop being a idiot. and learn that the extra ranges they reproduce require like 1-5db sensitivity which means you would have to be playing the audio back at litearlly 200+db to hear it over a 20db computer you fucking mong your ears would literally blead.

learn2audio its not as simple as "I can hear some sound so its fine" you pleb.

you do realize hifi speaker autists literally sound dampen their entire rooms right? talk about idiot

How about you stop talking about things that you only know about from "audiophile forums"?
You have some serious misunderstanding about audible differences between good and shit headphones. Its quite clear you never owned any headphones of value, and never any open ones.
I could tell the difference between all my open headphones and closed ones (which I gave away because I no longer had any need for them) despite my apparently ruining everything PC. Am I superhuman or are you just talking out of your fucking ass?

Been using 558s for over 8 years now great cans comfortable and cheap
Just use a good amp otherwise they have shit bass and sound kinda hollow great for gaming but meh for TV and music

You don't need them anyway.

I had shitty on board sound so I bought a xonar DGX to pair with some 58x's, was pretty happy

no you just don't want to admit you a retard for using open 200-600$ headphones beside a PC.

And you just dont want to admit you glhave bo clue what you are talking about. Post your setup or kill yourself out of this board, sour grapes.

DIE ASSHOLE
MY PC RUNS SILENT AS FUCK AND MY 598 DROWNS OUT ANY OUTSIDE NOISE AT JUST 15% VOLUME
AT 30% I CAN'T EVEN HEAR A PERSON SCREAM BESIDE ME LET ALONE MY FUCKING PC FANS REEEEEEEE ASSHOLE GET POZZED

Interesting. My only experience is with shp9500. I just assumed all other open backs were nobass as well.