Been using windows since 98, been using win10 for a while and want to give Linux Mint a go

Been using windows since 98, been using win10 for a while and want to give Linux Mint a go.
Heard it's decent for all round use and gaming nowadays.
Thoughts?

Attached: 1473465819562.jpg (500x552, 66K)

Use Ubuntu MATE or Xubuntu instead.

mint is shit
try ubuntu or debian or some other widely used one

openSUSE is better

>boot livecd, everything runs like butter
>install and reboot
>everything looks choppy and stutters every few seconds
>install updated drivers with provided manual and reboot
>black screen

Attached: linuxexperience.jpg (1152x768, 116K)

okay
linux isn't being all that well responded too.
I don't want to go back to win10.

Any way to make Win 8.1 optimal with no updates?

>Linux
>gaming

Attached: 8E8A0D0C-FEBA-4BA3-90C7-CA1F0B6E9266.jpg (337x290, 69K)

Don't listent to this guy linux mint is the same as ubuntu, but with more sane defaults
Don't listen to him. If you don't want your screen to tare, you will use cinnamon instead
I'm using linux mint for a year now and I never had any issues with it. It "just werks". I'm also gaming sometimes.

>What is wine+DXVK?

Something that STILL has horrible mouse support

Dont listen to this guy limux mint is not the same as ubuntu.
Throughout its history the devs have shown they are inept and have made many blunders, and at the end of the day all linux mint is another downstream repackage of ubuntu packages.

You are far better getting an ubuntu derivative. if you want to try cinnamon, just install it as it is built for ubuntu too.

how well do gaymes run on linux? have a spare ssd and dual booting sounds tempting... nothing crazy, no AAA. just JRPG things and maybe a spattering of runescape.

You can play that one mariokart clone with Linux Penguin & Friends.

(It’s shit)

What do you all use then?
Win10?

trash

Attached: 1541106067666.png (894x894, 209K)

I play games on consoles, you pathetic piece of garbage.

Enjoy your Soyn censorshit.

Just get Mint OP. Works out of the box.

Linux is just fine for gaming. Check steams native Linux games, there’s a fuck load. Also check steam play for hassle free wine gaming - you can enable it for all games.

Try it out on VirtualBox. Trying out Linux is super easy these days. If you end up liking it and really want to make the switch, then you can reinstall on your PC.

Also watch level 1 techs Linux gaming video part 1 and 2, it’s very informative.

Its called windows 7.

By the time Microsoft stops supporting it steam will basically make Linux viable for any game except stuff that uses DX12.(AKA you wouldn't have been able to play it without windows 10 anyways.)

Not even just emulator viable. Its already running pretty close to full speed on a pretty big list of games.

He said gaming. And for that you will need propraietary drivers... and suse breaks with nowidia drivers

I use Ubuntu, 2 friends of mine use Mint. I think they're equally good, it's just a matter of preference.

Yes. Kill yourself.

This. I dualboot on Seven only when I'm in the mood for playan.

>anime posting

Linux is a meme
If you really want to try it just chuck it on a VM

Death vs Botnet 10
One isss clearly better than the other.

go ahead, but you might want to know about other linux distributions too. linux mint is great as a starting point but if it works great for you you can stick with it forever.

zorin is another "windows-like" distro that you might fancy