Im assuming the nuclear launch system uses linux

Im assuming the nuclear launch system uses linux

Attached: blast.png (1136x640, 671K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LpWaYV1ziKA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drumpf is way too stupid to use linux lol

I am almost certain you are WRONG and here's why: They use floppies to "secure" it and it ain't those modern 3.5" ones and it's not the 5.25" ones either. They use the 8" floppies developed in the 1960s.

I have no idea what OS they actually use. My best guess would be some really simple custom solution or some customized version of something common in the 1970s. Could be some early UNIX variant but it ain't Linux.

would they even use computer systems or just really basic analog with as few electronic components as possible

UNIX was not that common in the 1970's. DOD used a lot of PDP machines back then, most likely an OS for such machines.

Indeed. In fact they say ICBMs have to be head-cranked before launch for safety.

Attached: s.png (617x862, 1.27M)

>Im assuming the nuclear launch system uses linux

Why are you assuming that?

>They use the 8" floppies developed in the 1960s.
wasn't the wheel invented thousands of years ago? how come we still using it???? wtf drumpfht

>analog = cranking

Not all computers use an OS. A very old computer designed to do just one very specific thing would most likely be entirely firmware similar to an Arduino program.

All servers are based on linux why not

Not pre 1990

no, but
>cranking == analong

>2018
>still using wheels carved out of a rock
>the system will not force me to evolve! that's consumism!

Its not pre 1990 anymore

The Series/1s probably run the RPS RTOS or some minimal in-house solution. Most likely the former.

Attached: IBMSeries1[1]-page-003.jpg (1217x1729, 254K)

The control systems are, though.

Attached: IBMSeries1[1]-page-004.jpg (1221x1733, 272K)

>I have no idea
>it aint linux
I think u failed logic class

>use android to launch nukes
>cannot launch because there is not enough ram

>Use windows to launch nukes
>cannot launch until rebooted for updates
>reboot
>reboot
>explorer.exe crashes

Here's an analogy for you.
>be ESL
>Learn the name of blue
>Another ESL learner points to red (the name of which you do not know), and asks for the English name
>To help, you offer that while you do not know what it is, you do know that it is not blue

Why is """secure""" in air quotes? Isn't a closed intranet with tech now incompatible with modern machines a pretty safe solution?

>because it's obsolete, you can't make it break
right

it's an iphone actually ;^)
youtube.com/watch?v=LpWaYV1ziKA
skip to 36:00
the whole thing is very interesting, but the relevant part is at around that time
>i always have to be connected
>we used to have these backpacks
>now it's just a phone

Attached: screen-watch?v=LpWaYV1ziKA_2018-11-27-00:36:38.jpg (1920x1080, 759K)

With SystemDachau?

Oh, shit . . .

It's a LISP machine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football
In best case references to this

A ton of old military equipment had to be cranked for power, and on this context it would ensure there's a person around the nuke to activate it, giving an extra layer of safety

I've always assumed that high-security government systems use some unknown OS with maybe a frontend so nobody notices.

They use red hat or maybe a custom build of it now I’m sure. As for the actual silos those still use old tech not network connected only comms to authenticate orders.