/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones koizumi_hanayo love_live! nishikino_maki ohara_tometa qp flapper seifuku sweater swimsuit (2013x1402, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC
youtube.com/watch?v=6MmB7_e7ftY
youtube.com/watch?v=LgIc7vc4LB4
nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/09/more-power.html
audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-600/with/fiio/e10k
youtube.com/watch?v=NSbFZaoVJ3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's that behind the Stax next to the stack?

First for Atomchan

Attached: 20181127_022348.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Excellent OP.
Open Source Scan Converter "OSSC".

Attached: 1535374730188.png (1280x720, 973K)

browsing both /vr/'s crt thread and this and got really confused for a sec. Nice setup! I am currently waiting for my vga capture card to finalize my vga crt video setup (^:

based and checkedpilled, anime purge when

>different finish on two things that are supposed to stack
how is this legal?

Maki is my wife.

I do indeed love and recommend this device.
junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC
It's about the only sane way to get to an Amiga display, short of an actual CRT. I also use it with the Wii. Slowly working through my backlogs :X
My current screen has no analog inputs. If it had them, it'd be inferior to OSSC anyway.
Probably more psychological than else re: audible differences with shitstack.
But I've got to admit, I do dig receiving the DX3 Pro and testing it with my zenheisers.

Attached: 1538119946146.png (294x343, 135K)

I'm looking to get a headphone amplifier for my 250 ohm DT 880 Pros. I was initially looking at the Schiit Vali since I don't need a DAC but decided it's probably not a good idea. So now I'm looking at the Topping A30 or the Monoprice Liquid Spark. Which would be better?

nice op. these are my babies.

Attached: 613G2cLFg0L._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 22K)

JDSLabs Atom. (pure amp)
Topping DX3 Pro. (amp w/dac)
These are the currently /hpg/ endorsed options.

am excited for topping-chan to come into my life

Attached: buchsn21.jpg (1013x777, 96K)

Me too, user. Me too.

Attached: 1516248807258.jpg (1240x1550, 451K)

does idol-chan approve of debut 2s tho ;3
was considering them when they were ~300 but for 150... i had to do it.

oh how's ur takstar order coming?
am excited for u to join the cans club ;p
got tin t2s coming in in like a day or 2

I'm iliterate re: speakers unfortunately. But if I had to, criteria would be like:
- What freq range do they cover?
- How neutral are they?
- How low is the distortion?
- How competitive are they at their price?
Not about to downgrade to chinkphones. What's on its way is DX3 Pro, which has Amir's approval seal.

oh maybe i'm thinking of iris-chan. you both type kind of similar lol.

the ossc cost more than everything else i got! Two Mitsubishi 930sbs, vga DAs, cvbs and y/c to rgbhv, and my new epiphan vga2pcie. Took me a while and obviously very lucky. Living in New York City means sometimes av pros retire and go to craigslist (:

Anyways VGA means all audio gets routed elsewhere and nowadays thats terminated w my hd650s

supposedly debut 2s are like some of the best you can get at 300, so getting them at 150 blew me away.
i have a 12" sub ready to go so i don't mind it not having low end (they're 6.5" drivers, not my fuckin 8" infinity beasts. low end is a pipe dream on these lol. but the woofers will shake if you put em through the ropes.)
they're bright, but not as bright as klipsch, which is what i want out of my speakers. i have hd600s for neutral listening, which i want out of my headphones.
they shouldn't distort, but i have an onkyo 8220 and still using the fulla 2 as a dac for it, i could just go optical though if i really wanted too. probably should cause i slapped a magni 2 on the fulla 2 for a bit till the topping comes.

The DX3 Pro seems nice but I was looking at the D50 in the future. Is it better overall? The Atom looks like it's back-ordered for now; is it that much of an improvement over the O2? I've never tried one but heard good things.

d30 and 50 are going to have better graphs but no audible difference to the d10.
dx3 pro is gonna come with a nice amp with it so save yourself some desk space if you want. it'll basically be an atom+d50 for all intents and purposes.

anyone want my mathaudio headphone eq for hd650s? I tried my very best to match the graph on the right which is from oratory1990's harman target preset. I think its a feq file

Attached: foobar2000_2018-11-08_16-48-56.png (1279x439, 83K)

>the ossc cost more than everything else i got!
Imagine paying like 3x for a "framemeister" xrgb3 thingy, with its inferior video quality and its multi-frame lag.
OSSC and its line-oriented design rather than frame is the only option out there, as far as I'm aware, if latency is at all a concern. Many Amiga games I can now play just as well as the good old days, rather than awkwardness due to latency.
The hardware, FPGA core and firmware being open is a major bonus. They released 0.82 recently fwiw. It keeps getting better and better.
All topping DACs based on DSS chips suffer from an horrible inter-modulation distortion flaw, as per Amir's reviews. Which is why I wouldn't bother with any of them; No sense paying such a premium for a flawed DAC, even if it was a non-hearable flaw. The DX3 doesn't use these chips and has no such issue.
I ordered mine because I wanted a good dac+amp and excellent set of functionality in a single box.
The Fulla2 was meant to be this, except there's a lot not to like about it.

Attached: 1538390290342.jpg (1920x1080, 1.48M)

the bluetooth feature is kinda useless for me because all my music on my phone is on my pc.
however the line out was an amazing decision. this needs to be on everything.
looking at you, mayflower.

oh and the remote was kinda stupid too.
i'm using headphones, i can turn a fucking knob.
that being said i use my receiver remote because if i'm lying in bed with my floor speakers blaring i want to change the volume without getting up.
i'm sure someone has a use for a headphone remote though.

How do we solve the Anime problem in the headphone scene?

Attached: yvazf0ednwsz.png (656x654, 294K)

As I see it, the most annoying thing about the DX3 would be the lack of line-in for passthrough to line-out/headphone.
Bluetooth won't hurt, as I have no other "receiver" of bluetooth audio. I'll probably seldom use it regardless, as I suspect it'll be useless for what I'd use it for (idol rhythm games), due to latency.

Attached: 1536516058727.png (360x225, 147K)

Thanks, it seems like a really good product. Where's the best place to order one from? The massdrop page shows their drop ended a couple of days ago.

my receiver has bluetooth and it's the buggiest thing you can imagine.
i mean cmon man its bluetooth what the fuck did you expect? whenever i see that on a product i'm always like "oh lord another potential failure point, something half baked because muh normies that can't into adding a bluetooth receiver themselves."
the reason i didn't buy a yamaha amp was i hate the alexa integration more than the bluetooth integration.
because while bluetooth is a standard that changes so often, you can legitimately buy reseivers still in production that are multiple iterations behind. it changes so fucking fast i don't even know which way is up.
and the alexa shit is a fucking fad and really has no place with a stereo receiver, anyways.
should just sell a receiver that lines into whatever receiver you have, or god forbid buy an echo dot if you really can't deal with it.

>alexa integration
>echo dot
Despite being an amazoncuck cloudshit wagecuck, I would never go anywhere near these.

yeah i mean i have an alexa too. got a google home i got from work for christmas on the porch, an echo dot in the master bedroom.
I DON'T NEED IT IN MY RECEIVER, THXVERYMUCH.

How cucked can you get? Oh right, there's still Amazon Key. Sure enough you don't have that, right?
... right?

i do not lol
mostly it's my parents that buy this garbage
amazon prime music is fun for playing like 40s swing while i'm cooking though, ngl.

Is there some reason to use MathAudio over Equalizer APO + Peace GUI? Or is it so you can load it through foobar2000?

Are there any good on-ears? I always get jaw discomfort with over-ears sadly, but I've been so out of the loop lately that I have no idea where to even begin looking.

good on ear exist, like hd25 but i would not call them comfortable, they sound very good tho.

I can probably deal with that, I've used pioneer hdj 500's for the past six years but the band is about to crack in several points any moment now.

foobar

any decent 1/4"-6.3mm cable replacement for HD600? I just hate the connector

A cheap one, or a fancy one?

better if cheap and as long as the original

HD650 cable is like $22

So if an amp won't make the hd 600 better, what should I get then?

I just saw the gilmore lite mk2 is back on massdrop, is it any good?, I've been wanting to try a class A amp for a while and this one looks cute enough

Stax of course

I own the hd6xx and hd58x but a local store has the hd660s on sale at 35% off, should i bought it?

yes, keep buying mid-fi

Why would you name your company Schiit?

Not paying more.

probably the best option yeah

its too long!

Astroturfing and poop jokes for the masses of brainwashed, blue pilled normies.
youtube.com/watch?v=6MmB7_e7ftY

Attached: 1529644181780.jpg (719x960, 195K)

>3m
nah it's perfect

Attached: me love you long time.jpg (1280x716, 152K)

Check periapt cables

Test

Should i pre-order the brainwavz alara or wait for reviews?

It shouldn't.

dx3 pro arriving tomorrow, will announce any chinkery then

Is getting a used pair of h600s worth it? I really dont want to spend $200 on headphones but I am tired of my chinese headset thats fucking 5 years old. My ideal headphones are cheaper but everyone I talk to says get a pair of hd600s.

Wish I could afford Stax lads

I have HD 600. I can't really say anything amazing about them. They sound just as good as my older pair that costs half of what HD 600 would cost.

The comfort isn't as good but this would be the 3rd day of having them. I think I might return them.

You could look at HD580s which are the same thing with a slightly cheaper housing. Just make sure the pads are in good shape since they're not cheap. You might also have a fun night picking hairs out of the drivers.

What headphones were you using? 600s were insane after all the shitty closed heaphones I was used to.

will e10k be sufficient to run hd600

> picking hairs out of the drivers
they arent beyers

HD 595 were my previous pair. I used them for about 5 years.

I wasn't aware that the pad was an expensive item on these. Sometimes I let my little brother use my computer when hes over and I don't trust him anywhere near an expensive consumable part.

Anything from the csg infographic you guys recommend? Under $100 is preferable.

I have my eye on the AT ATH-AD500X. Are these compatible with aftermarket pads?

They are comparable to HD 598 open if you didn't know them
I would have recommended the SHP9500($60) but they are out of stock. Takstar Pro 82 are also something I seen recommended here. But I can't say much about them.

Definitely have to keep an eye out for these. And you're right amazon is out of stock.

I'll check ebay hopefully they have something.

Do I need anything special to drive these, or will my soundblaster be good enough.

Nah they don't need an amp. I doubt you will find SHP9500 anywhere for that price though. They are regarded very well for the price.

What's a NPC?

someone who buys this

Attached: df-main-3.png (1098x553, 740K)

whats wrong with this though?

snek oil ;-;

Attached: 5a0189943f2a9_XzOEnOr__700.jpg (700x553, 44K)

Hd681 has harman perfect mid and bass, and dt770ish treble.

wont that depend on how shit a dac the phone has, and how good the earbuds are?

Get k240 velours if you worry about the comfort.

What are affect the sound more? Dac or amp chip?

Uh, both?, good dac is shit with a terrible amp, good amp is shit with a terrible dac.

Should I get a wireless headphone? I'm choosing between a Goldentech gt and a Sony mdr-xb550ap.

Are there any good wireless headphones for android that doesnt have delay, and good sound?

Plus the following;

Must not be in ears.
As much as i hate apple, the earpods fit my ears perfectly, so thats prefered.
must not have a plastic neck band or that shit, a string is fine so i dont lose them.

price, below 250usd

NO IEM's

better dac doesnt necessarily mean THIS dac.
THIS is a 100 dollar dac.
you can get one for a lot cheaper that'll sound the same on your mobile listening device.

Opinions on Sony MDR Z7?

>Budget
80€/90USD
>Location
Europe/Vienna
>Source
Desktop-PC
>Type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
Sound Quality > Comfy
>Sound signature
idc i listen to Hip-Hop/Rap
>Past headphones
G633; They are way too tight on my head my ears get hot af. Even the G430 were more comfy than these

youtube.com/watch?v=LgIc7vc4LB4

Attached: 1474585017576.jpg (2587x810, 1.03M)

whats your point?, any expensive dac is overpriced, even desktop ones, same goes for amps.

depends on how good his earbuds are, dont it?

>t. Jow Forumsack
gtfo to your containment board, faggot

kys redditor

An amp. You've gotta unlock™ their potential.

This is more jewish than intel processors needing a overclockable board and overclockable cpu

nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/09/more-power.html
audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-600/with/fiio/e10k
110dB should be OK (barely), but it's approximated from 32Ω.
For HD600, generally, you'll want more power.

(You)

t. amplet
200mW at 32Ω is going to be basically nothing at 300Ω. Look at something else.

What's best thing i can get for $50.
Looking for ath tad300, but it's rare af.

buy a knife, use it to rob people until you have more money, then buy stax

youtube.com/watch?v=NSbFZaoVJ3c

Attached: 1282696820702.jpg (420x410, 110K)

I can't believe people still board link

porta pros

see