Deleted Facebook 3 or 4 years ago and they made me a new account

I deleted Facebook a long time ago. Saw earlier about a 'bug' where old messages were being marked as unread and setting off Facebook notifications.

About an hour after seeing that article, I got an email from Facebook about changes to my account (the one that's been deleted for 3 to 4 years now).

So I went to Facebook and entered my email and old password, and my account was there again. All my pictures, friends, wall posts, exactly the same as when I deleted it.

What the actual fuck Jow Forumsuys. Should I be worried?

Attached: 9f9.png (1065x902, 1.49M)

great. you can finally start living again. rejoice.

Facebook doesn't delete your info, they deactivate it

This, and by logging in, you reactivated it.

That's the thing. Their terms of use state that it's 'deactivated', but that after 90 days they guarantee that all your data is deleted from their servers and all backups. 3 or 4 years is a lot longer than 90 days. Is what they did illegal?

>we'll delete it we promise trust us

search "facebook deactivate delete"

I just did. It says they wipe all your data off their servers and backups after 90 days.

IF it says that, sue them. Free money. What's your problem?

You can't regain access once it's deleted.We delay deletion a few days after it's requested.A deletion request is cancelled if you log back into your Facebook account during this time.

It may take up to 90 days to delete data stored in backup systems. Your information isn't accessible on Facebook during this time.Some information, such as messaging history, isn't stored in your account. This means friends may still have access to messages you sent after your account has been deleted.Copies of some material (example: log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.

You think I can pay a team of lawyers who can go toe to toe with Facebook's legal team of who knows how many Harvard law graduates?

I have a lot of money, but not THAT much. We're talking like 500 million in fees for something like this, I have less than half that

you need better bait

The surefire way to make Facebook delete your account is to try and send some delicious pizza to someone. They'll delete it so fast it'll make your head spin.

Attached: 1526680545172.gif (342x512, 312K)

I think deactivating and deleting are seperate things

This. OP fucked up by logging back in.

I (deleted) it. There is a deactivate button, and a delete button. This is what I've been trying to say.

After 90 days there should have never been an option to log back in, it even says once you click delete, there is no recovery. You can only recover if it was deactivated, which it wasn't.

What people are trying to tell you is that there is no delete button. The button that says delete just deactivates.

There is a delete button, it's hidden in the settings somewhere, I used it to delete my account. NPC's are not able to find it, however.

Yes, and OP's point is that Facebook both says the data IS deleted, and in some Jurisdictions they're actually required by law to provide a means to delete your account and the associated data after a certain amount of time once the account is deleted.

Facebook could actually get sued for this, but the problem is OP has no way to actually prove he deactivated his account.

I meat "deleted" his account.

If you don't log in for 10 years, does it still keep the acc or do you need to request it?

Idk. I downloaded my data and still have the email they sent me when I deleted the account

Your account was not deleted. Its unlinked.
'Deleting' 'your' data can mean many things. Including but not limited to facebook deleting the data contained in the disk space they've allocated for the profile *you* control on their servers, while retaining data about you in *their* graph network, such as email addresses associated with a profile. Data about you represented in a data structure you never see or control is not *your data*.
Furthermore, expanding on something such as email addresses still being associated with your node in that graph, could theoretically explain why a person can continue to erroneously receive notifications on a profile they 'deleted' (especially if its something like an intern fucking up the notification system), and also why you fucked up by logging back in.
None of this actually breaks any requirements of Facebook by law, much like how Google isn't required to go back and undo years of algorithm and data structure design when you decide to delete your gmail.

Tl;dr- there likely is no proper delete button and there never will be. You fucked up by logging back in because new data was likely gathered and associated with your profile. Your 'deleted' profile was simply reborn from existing links in their graph network.

Nice reddit spacing

No. You didn't delete it. You deactivated it. Stop acting like a victim. You're a dumb nigger is the problem.

>Their terms of use state that it's 'deactivated', but that after 90 days they guarantee that all your data is deleted from their servers and all backups
Only if you're a yuropoor. Terms and conditions vary if you live elsewhere.

It is called paragraphs and text formatting you imbecile. Kill yourself.