>see a dude with a x220 in real life

You fuckers weren't memeing, were you

Attached: ipanews_c7341b52-e007-4470-b3e4-23ff0f1f3e6b_embedded407785.jpg (620x369, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-to-provide-non-free-firmware-files-to-the-debian-jessie-installer-4175542680/
my.mixtape.moe/vgvpiy.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ebyn bread.

>not a superior x230
Indeed

I know it's hard to believe my dear zoomer, but not everything in life is memes

It's a fucking 10" screen or some shit like that holy fuck

Yes, and?

>chiclet
r u gay?

I have that and I wish I had x220 for the keyboard. I might have to buy one later if I find a good one.

I'll send you one with the palm rest if you pay postage.

I take my x230 tablet to uni. People look at the hinge and think it's some kind of magic device. Either that or their intrigue is because of how autistic it is.

X220 owner here. I take my laptop everywhere for work, and nobody has said shit.
>tfw comfy as fuck
>tfw I know people think I'm an autist
>tfw don't give a shit

I carry my x230 to work all the time, why would I give a fuck what average normies with either shitty $250 Acers or gayming glowing shits think?

Same here.

>X220 owner here.
I have 2 x220 laptops and 2 x220 tablets. It is better than macbook.

I have an x230. Best laptop I've ever used, hands down. I just wish it had a higher res screen. I'm looking at A485 just because of the screen.

I use an X201 for my travel laptop. Anytime I go somewhere for training or conferences or continuing education I take the X201 beater laptop because it's worth less than $100 so I won't really care if it gets lost, stolen, or broken but at the same time, with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a 500GB SSD, it runs Win 10 just fine.

i have a x230, barley use it. i like it though.

>that one norman in class who uses kubuntu on an acer

Attached: 2cc.jpg (1200x770, 492K)

Wow! Someone is using a laptop which had hundreds of thousands of units sold!

Absolutely based
also
>i can take my laptop apart to the last screw in 10 minutes and exchange every part of something works
Swapped the fan and built in two harddrives, best laptop ever!

All stereotypes have basis in science.

>I have 2 x220 laptops and 2 x220 tablets
Because each of these has a maximum battery life of 1 hour. It's smart to buy multiple so you can alternate

Attached: c10a72b4a899e86e7ab944f547ae3cb831c6caa273dcdf19bb840a0cafc2d118.jpg (607x479, 130K)

>use T420 + arch rice in public and it legitimately starts conversations with women in my discussion section

chad arch Jow Forums crossboarders unite

post arch rice

the x230 keyboard is far superior once you get used to it. The pre chiclet keyboard is the real meme.

Attached: 1444319227951.jpg (400x400, 5K)

Yikes that's too accurate

Thats Costanza with his bat, isn't it

>he doesn't know

Attached: Wallpaper.png (1678x940, 1.46M)

J-james...?

Nope.
Georgi, right?

>tfw was that dude

It's shit, I got one and it runs like ass. With bunsenlabs it barely runs, and it looks like ass.

Some of us spend 95% of our time in a terminal window anyways.

Or just get an x220 keyboard and do the mod.
the chiclet keyboard is alright but the layout is fucking trash

Am I the only one who actually gets genuine compliments on my thunkpad (x201)? People always go "aww very cute and small and functional" and ask where I got it.

Same here with my daily carry thinkpad (X61 tablet) every time i rotate the screen and because of the now "retro" 4:3 ratio.
Also get some remarks about the thing lacking a touchpad and running w10 smoothly when it has the "Designed for Windows XP" sticker.

Saw this g-tard on the Russian subway a year ago. Dude was wearing sony 7506 with that heavy coiled cable. Absolutely based.

Attached: 1543343619826.jpg (1080x1920, 363K)

X220 owner here. Best laptop for the best price

While the chiclet keyboard is decent, it's definitely not superior to the old style one, nuLenovo shill.
t. T430 owner

Costs the same as x230 which is better
>inb4 muh keyboard

it's 12 inches, jfc

Literally buy an X220 keyboard for like $20 on ebay
You can also get an X220 palmrest to avoid more cutting, in my opinion it also looks more aesthetic, but that's entirely optional

I just got out of class with my X220. But the class was at 8. You posted this at 7. So I know you can't mean me. uwu

Attached: god tier setup laptop.jpg (2136x1424, 1.25M)

What's that to the right tho, a toy for your cat?

I'm using a T400 right now so I know you can't mean me.

I saw him too.

Attached: 8-u-t0zD_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

he's kinda cute

Can I has that background plz?

MOOT!

who?

Test

you'd think the general public were slapping thinkpads out of nerds' hands and spitting in their faces if Jow Forums posts were a true barometer of reality, but maybe the guy who never leaves their house to post on Jow Forums all day doesn't have their finger on the pulse of the world necessarily???

>poorfags
I'll just keep using my superior x1 carbon

Linux support good on that?
Got a Yoga with a touch screen, which makes it a tablet with unsupported drivers, so that's a nonstarter. Also the glossy screen is fucking hell to use.

Debian runs fine in mine

Holy shit, you didn't even need to sideload firmware for the Wi-Fi card???

Attached: anime bw two cancered question marks.png (300x300, 30K)

No, but I think I understand where you are coming from

My t440s has a shitty Realtek wireless card and there were almost no drivers for it. I swapped it out for an Intel one and worked like a charm.

Mayne I'm talkin' Intel cards. They need the firmware. linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-to-provide-non-free-firmware-files-to-the-debian-jessie-installer-4175542680/

helo bitch lasagna sir

Like I said, haven't had that problem except for the Realtek card, but I couldn't find drivers for that

>not a librebooted X200

Attached: 1541710998902.jpg (640x480, 293K)

I've seen no less than 3 ThinkPads in my computer science class of roughly 50 students. Makes me feel like a turbo normie with my low spec IdeaPad w/ Manjaro

I saw a girl with a T460 today at Starbucks

MD?

where? not seen a single Linux or ThinkPad device in a UK university

I forgot about this thread because I'm a fucking idiot, but isn't the X220 keyboard mod permanent? I heard it scorches some internals so you can never swap it back. Also I heard that some key combos won't work. It feels like it would be better to just get a real X220.

>permanent
It does burn out some of the traces on the ribbon cable, but 1. it's recommended to just put scotch tape over them, nobody actually does this, but if you do you can always just remove the tape; and 2. the ribbon cable can be replaced relatively easily as well.
It's certainly far, far less permanent than getting an X220: you'll never be able to use an X230 keyboard if you do that. (Not that you'd want to, realistically, but I'm assuming here that's a concern, otherwise why would the mod being in any way permanent matter at all.)

>some key combos don't work
There's a patched BIOS that fixes the issue completely. I flashed it with zero pain immediately after changing the keyboard and have never had any problems since.

that's not actually windows is it?

Were you following some specific guide you could link to me? I might go through with this after all.

Texas

Ah shit. Yeah I was, but I can't for the life of me remember it. It was like a year ago. Go ask in /tpg/, they should have the link handy (they certainly did when I was doing it).
The bios patch also (optionally, I think) turns off battery verification which lets you use X220 batteries, too.

Also the X230 keyboard isn't that bad, I just hate the layout mostly. The old layout was pretty much perfect for a laptop. Mine happens to have a backlit keyboard that's holding me back a little. It's nice to have a backlit keyboard and I don't know if the old keyboard ever had that. I have to be sure about the change before going through with it.

To add to this, Ivy Bridge (or whatever it's called) actually improved thermals, power consumption, and 3D acceleration quite noticeably. The former two directly translate to less fan whirring and longer battery life, and the latter means you can actually play quite a few low-requirement games (or probably use stuff like Blender or CAD software, as long as you don't try anything too demanding).

This is why I think the mod is worth it over a stock X220.
I have literally never used backlit keyboards, but whenever I'm not on my thinkpad I miss the thinklight. Might just be preference though.

did you give him a cheeky brojob?

I saw someone with an X220T once. He had a WWAN card and everything.

... Why would THIS be what you call the laptop out on? There are plenty of reasons to say the x220 isn't a viable laptop in 2018, but the size? Have you never even heard of a netbook? This is the first real "zoomer" thing I've seen

You shouldn't peek into people's basements like that user

One of the reasons they're so great is because they're not trendy. There's no sense of expiry once the new version rolls around like there is with modern consumer electronics. The X220 and T420 were the last of the ThinkPad range to get it right, and now I find I treasure my old X220 more than I ever will be tempted to buy a new laptop. It's liberating in a way.

>tfw telecom providers are jewish and don't let you clone your SIM card
I wish I could use my WWAN, but I'm not paying for two data plans.

>not W520

yiff in hell furfag

I use an X23. It’s pretty comfy. No, not 230, 23.

I've been running Arch on my 1st Gen X1 Carbon for like 5 years or so with no issues. Wifi worked out of the box for me too.

You autistic sum a bitch. That's my DE

Attached: youre-copying-me.png (1366x768, 323K)

Nice shilling librefag
corebooted x220/x230 is better

>frogposter
fuck off back to Jow Forums

x210 > all other
sorry fren

that looks absolutely horrible.
>font rendering and its character spacing is all fucked up
>task bar looks fucked up
>icon size all over the place

get your fucking shit together. it is possible to make it look actually good and close to the original. GIT GUD.

Nah, not even in the US.

Mm. u3u Girl with one sat next to me wunce.
Similar to mine.
I was going to compliment her on it.
But then I hesitated. I saw it was running Windows. What if she has it not out of autism, like me, I thought, but because she literally can't afford a better computer? Then my compliment would come off like some humiliating commiseration about how we're both poor or how she's reduced to the ironic tech platforms of spergs like me. So I said nothing.
Closest I've been to dating desu!

Attached: IMG_0691.jpg (1152x768, 69K)

i saw an asian OL with one on the train once. but why is it surprising when they are cheap for the reason that a bunch of businesses buy then later sell them off?

Jow Forums posters get surprised by normie use of old thinkpads because they like to think their non-mainstream-retail purchases are membership to some kind of secret nerd club, not realizing the rest of the world also has access to ebay, craigslist, and refurb computer stores, who might also buy a used thinkpad on their merits

>"infosec expert" on tv
>lenovo thinkpad

>but because she literally can't afford a better computer?
>ironic tech platforms
fuck you and your "i'm such a nerd" shit, normalfag

Language.
I mean eye-uh-ronic from her or a normie perspective in that it's not obvious why people would legitly want a ThinkPad.

Attached: Asari Monastery Schedule.png (514x413, 252K)

Easily the best $60 I ever spent.

Attached: 3149b114ac063ffdfe15bb56fbd10ea15138ec11ad5edd378fd5e10583a7cae2.jpg (2448x3264, 1.81M)

I go around with an x200s and Momiji background, it's pretty lit.

>Maximum file size is 4MB
fucking chinkagook webmasterman reee
here's your awoo
my.mixtape.moe/vgvpiy.png

I burn through money like a dumbass

Attached: IMG_20180516_122614.jpg (3264x1836, 2.49M)

I hate my fucking t420. It runs like shit, and I keep waiting for it to die, so I can replace it but its built like a fucking tank. The only good thing about it, but that's what makes my agony continue with no end in sight.