This is why no one likes rustfags

this is why no one likes rustfags.
fuck off with your shitcoin

Attached: le_rustfag_shills.png (859x672, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rust-lang/crates.io/issues/75
youtube.com/watch?v=Dbbwrfp9toE&feature=youtu.be&t=45
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's right though

software security is a joke

Is Rust the new "Oh by the way I'm gluten free and I feel much better now, you should give it a try" ?

Are you the new retarded?

>makes a good argument
>Completely ruins it by being a retarded shill

Is everyone in tech literally autistic?

It wouldn't have made a difference in this case.

This, but unironically.

Well, I'm currently learning Rust and the arguments on OP's picture are valid, I just hate the way a very noisy part of the community makes us looks like obnoxious fags who CAN NOT resist the urges of mentionning Rust at every single occasion. This is just plain retarded. And I still like Rust.

He doesn't have a good argument, though, he has the retarded kind of armchair critic argument you would expect from an unemployed Rustfag. In the real world, businesses are built on relationships with other people and they require trust. If your package manager is not representing its own authority and responsibility then it serves no purpose . This is why we fucking sign our code in the first place. Once your key's on something it's your

In the real world, it would be a colossal fucking scandal in addition to a giant lawsuit if Newtonsoft published a poisoned package, not "your fault for not vetting them hard enough." It is the toxic, needle-sharing, micropackage-crazy culture of NPM which is clearly getting exposed here. In addition to this particular package creator's sheer idiocy.

Everything he has said is correct.

It's not you package managers job to curate packages you commie.

Stop installing random shit from all over the internet.

How do any of these features prevent a malicious module being put into cargo?

>I use rust btw :^

do you use arch linux by any chance?

>Now it's a good time to talk about Rust
No, it isn't. It has nothing to do with everything else he said.

This is a rusty thread tho

None of that prevents someone from adding malware to a package. Rust shills take the "muh memory safety" meme way too serious, like if it meant that your program is 100% secure and bug-free.

Can't wait for them to rewrite the kernel in rust so I can use archrinux safe and fast and with zero-cost abstractions with lifetimes no garbage collectors

>don't be so entitled!!!!
What a retard. If you no longer want to maintain a project, just deprecate it and let someone fork it, you don't give it away to the first unknown person that emails you.

All npm maintainers are "unknown people" you absolute shitter. Why do you think this is actually a problem?

I'm also gluten free

>shitcoin

You DO realize he's joking, right?

This is partly why I use Holy C

> software security is a joke
no. web devs are a joke

The reason they use rust is because they don't want to have to think about bugs. Eventually they won't have the skill because they'll surrender all agency to the borrow checker. These people are willing to sacrifice scalable, mutable, and performant graphs and trees in Rust in order to appease the BC because they themselves can't reason about safety. "Oh well it says an adjacency list isn't safe, guess it isn't! Can't reason about how this isn't an issue on my own better just not use any graph algos". Rust is boxing itself in as a web server language desu.

Spotted the LISP faggot.

How is lisp pronounced?
Lisp
Or
Lithp
?

trash
/traʃ/

It's really annoying how hard some people shill it because it is a good project but the image is being constantly tainted by people like this.

even rust is better than node

>Linux kernel double free literally last year

Daily reminded that if you develope in Golnag you have 200% more chances to be hired and if you develope in C you have 1000% chances to be hired than if you learned Rust

Does Cargo have package signing? All I could find is this huge open issue: github.com/rust-lang/crates.io/issues/75

kek

> Not all rustfags
Fuck off. I might have learned your language but the idea of having to interact with niggerlicious people like you makes me just want to stay in C.

fpbp

Yeah, but it's so revolutionary. It makes C/C++ 20th century garbage. You don't have to fuck with makefiles thanks to Cargo's incremental compilation. The functional-awareness and safe design would mean segfaults are impossible (meaning Baloo would actually fucking work in KDE or never ship).
You can't not be smug or angry about the archaic clusterfuck that is the rest of the software world. Sorry not sorry; unironic youtube.com/watch?v=Dbbwrfp9toE&feature=youtu.be&t=45

Attached: V.Haka_Portrait_eyes_Noctua_compliant.png (152x152, 28K)

That person is mentally deficient. Rust has the same package management culture that led to this mess in the first place. Pulling in a database library adds 100+ transitive dependencies to a Rust project. What the fuck does memory safety have to do with auditing your dependency tree? Absolutely nothing, consider the crypto miner payload in question was delivered in a safe language w/ a managed runtime.

But the malicious stuff can't make use of segfaults since they're compiletime, not runtime, errors in Rust. ;)

>/traʃ/
trahsh

He didn't say they would. If anything, he blamed JS for having a "crowdsourced stdlib", implying that Rust doesn't and therefore presumably reducing the need to rely on third-party packages for everything.

Eww, the stdlib is not in-häus??
JS is so on the edge. Jungle shit. Frogskin stretched taut over the sweaty muscles of goatman savages. It's charming, in a primal way.

>Yeah, but it's so revolutionary.
What the rustfag actually believes.

>Eww, the stdlib is not in-häus??
Of course the actual stdlib is in-house, that's the formal definition of an stdlib, but that's not what he meant. He implied that the actual stdlib is so worthless that everyone has to pull in external packages for every little need, hence his claim of node projects having "betwenn 150 billion - 12 zillion dependencies".

Attached: getaloadofthisguy.jpg (200x219, 12K)

>*dev downloads random libraries because they're too much of a brainlet to write it themselves*
>*doesn't read any of the code*
>*doesn't care that the library was developed by Rajesh Punjabi and Zhang Chow*
>"it's all JavaScript's fault!"
I bet your application has a npm-is-even dependency

Attached: Screenshot_20181127-124824.png (1440x2880, 195K)

No but srsly package management is a cool thing. I should turn my hyperefficient C++ graph lib into a packageOHWAITI CAYN'T.

Attached: joy laugh cry emoji kirby.png (500x440, 135K)