Redpill me on React? Is it as good as people say?

Redpill me on React? Is it as good as people say?

Attached: 124424214.png (887x400, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/search?q=instagram is so slow
2018.stateofjs.com/front-end-frameworks/overview/
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/#technology-frameworks-libraries-and-tools
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's shit but it'll get you a job

Coming from the dark ages of ES5 and jQuery, React is a godsend for frontend dev but it's still JS so it's still shit

for large projects yes. but if you are doing a small single page application, it will take you longer to do in react than just plain jquery

>Can help create web-pages, applications with Electron, and using React Native even mobile apps

Based desu

>inb4 but not native

The average consumer doesn't give a fuck

Attached: 1542664656214.png (450x489, 74K)

>The average consumer doesn't give a fuck
The average consumer can tell that the software they're using runs like garbage, especially when compared to a native app. React is a way to make web devs into shitty native devs.

good for front end. simplifies a lot of things in a complex spa. also trendy and not as good as people say, but still good. i don't buy into the graphql stuff though.

and react native is trash

It's JS shit. Necessary evil.

I don't see people crying how Instagram runs like shit (it doesn't) on their mobile and i don't see people crying about Discord that it runs like shit and i don't see people crying that VSCode runs like shit

People sometimes cry about vs code, but the reality is it's one of the fastest editors i've used. Beats shit like atom, eclipse, netbeans, visual studio. The only editor faster than it IME is sublime (ignoring general purpose stuff like vim and emacs).

Garbage, use Vue instead.

fuck off you slant-eyed fuck

Are you deaf?

Instagram, Discord and VSCode don't perform well, and they're obviously not native applications. Just because you don't hear people complaining as they pass your basement window doesn't mean that no one is complaining.

VSCode objectively runs great you fucking cunt

but g complains about fucking anything. That's not a metric to go by

Vue is the white man's choice, retarded niggermonkey.

Vue is only popular in china for some fucking reason

this

at first i hated the JSX part but after a few weeks of usage i got used to it.

Upgrade your HTC HD2 and your Pentium 4 + 1GB PC you fucktard

Attached: 1538423458478.jpg (487x496, 102K)

No need, I don't run shitty web based desktop software.

You can use create-react-app and get production ready application template.

You probably don't run fucking anything.

Okay so I just downloaded VS Code and opened a small XML file (6.6 Mb) and the app is already using 454.3 Mb of memory, compare that to my native text editor that's been open for a few days already that's using just 90 Mb.

Tell me again how this web stuff isn't shitty?

I'm a software developer, I work full time so I do plenty. But thanks for the (you) anyway.

> using vscode
You deserve it

Point is, vscode seems just like every other crappy web based desktop app.

How do I learn react for aws?

Where do you thing the language server runs? Where do you think that intellisense comes from? How do you think it just knows where your files are? Where your paths are? Where does the git integration come from? The built in terminal? The debugging?

Just stop now if you act like this. You're seriously worried about some fucking memory being used in 2018 by something which uses memory to improve your experience, how memory is supposed to be fucking used.

It is shit. I am making my own native javascript framework. No pretend javascript, pretend html, build steps, broken abstractions, etc. Currently I have made.. nothing. Actually a couple of helper methods.

getFormValues(formId)

and many.. many... more.

That's a fair comment, but I opened on small XML file, and it jumped straight to half a gig. That screams poorly written software to me.

Maybe if it was 2006. Half a gb in 2018 even if this was a hello world app would mean absolutely nothing, it just how it is you people need to stop thinking about new apps like they are made to be run on ancient conriguration

Well it's using 200mb with a single js file open and like 10 extensions on my machine.
And if I open an entire project the language servers and etc start, and it goes up to like 400mb.

But in 2018 if your major problem is 500mb of ram, get a better PC. The aim of software development is to run a bunch of bloated things to know everything about your project and provide the best dev experience, not to have you sitting there in notepad++ getting no work done.

>he wastes 90 megabytes on his text editor
Just use nano desu

You can open devtools, take a heap shapshot and inspect why is it taking memory it is taking.

Yeah the argument that RAM is plentiful is bad, and shouldn't be used to excuse bad development practices. The majority of the memory usage with Code seems to be from the big ol' web engine it's running to host the actual functionality.

It's pretty pathetic that devs can't make a text editor without needing to shove it in a web wrapper.

>That screams poorly written software to me.
Monitoring ram usage that closely screams kid on Jow Forums, not experienced programmer.

RAM is getting cheaper faster than you're getting smarter.

The problem is that the abstractions means he can't control the memory complexity of his problem. I bet if you loaded a 300mb xml the memory usage would explode to tens of gigs and be painfully slow to use because it's swapping everything out to disk. Not to mention that more memory means slower software too because the processor has to actually go through all that data.

But you are talking about vscode as code editor i am talking about it as an electron app. Like lets take Discord for example it doesnt eat up any meaningful % of RAM it runs smoothly and gets the job done. The myth that electron apps eat your whole memory are bullshit

Nobody use it

Bizzaro world

>I bet if you loaded a 300mb xml the memory usage would explode to tens of gigs and be painfully slow to use because it's swapping everything out to disk.
It isn't. I've generated 300mb xml(well, 250mb) and vscode took 800mb if ram, but it is disabled highlighting.

> I've never heard it.
bing.com/search?q=instagram is so slow
The same for the others, you just don't care because you're that type of person.

>make simple app for android in android studio using java
>shit is easy and comfy as fuck
>try redoing it with react native
>want to vomit
how the fuck this makes things 'easier' than native?

Because not everyone uses Java but almost everyone knows JS you potato?

It is easier the further you are from hello world tier applications

>Java

Id even prefer using xamarin over that shit

Yea but what if you need to create a web page a desktop app windows mac and an android one and then for iphone.

Good fucking luck doing that all in native

I'm not sure if you've followed vs code's development, i did since my old employer adopted it as a default early on. It has been developed quite rapidly and run multiplatform from the start - and i'm fairly sure this is partly because it's easy webshit. "Rapid app dev" isn't just a 90s meme.

Ok so what should i try if i want to go multiplat? Xamarin React Flutter?

Vue.js is 200% comfier

how to use Reactjs.net?

Try killing yourself.

Not really, I'm seeing a ton of Vue jobs popping up in "the west".

XDdddd welcome to the 4chins btw ;;)))

>it's still JS
what's the perfect alternative than?
[spoiler]please don't say PHP[/spoiler]

lua

is vscode an ide or an editor?

Yes

wtf, don't spoilers work on 4chanull?

Lmao prove it, show me comparisions of Vue and React jobs

Out of the box it's an editor, but you can turn it into an IDE with proper extensions and configuration.

It makes it hard to write shit code, which is great since most devs are brainlets

its increasingly useful the more complicated your ui/ux becomes. sure u can manipulate a single view with raw js. now do that for 10s - 100s of views in a single page app. u either rewrite ur own shitty version of react or u use react.

See for yourself.

Attached: FACTS.png (815x555, 9K)

Because some of vue's major sponsors are Chinese, and Evan You is Chinese himself.

I'm in Europe and Vue is fairly well known and there's some hype for it. People seem more enthusiastic with it compared to angular, which has more of a heavy enterprise reputation now

Not objectively, but it runs well by electron standards

>2018.stateofjs.com/front-end-frameworks/overview/
>insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/#technology-frameworks-libraries-and-tools
>"people use vue"

Attached: vuelets.png (1429x591, 36K)

INFERNOJS > ALL

Is that image supposed to support your implication?

Tbh would like to learn means basically

>I don't give a fuck about it

Is angular that bad? I can't think of many techs that over half the people who used it wouldn't use it again.

It says that more people use it than angular. Which is a very popular and high-profile framework

Using it for personal projects =/= working for $$$ with it unless of course you are a freelancer

>Discord
Fuck off retard, you are not welcome here

holy fucking kek!

Attached: 1531796301430.png (278x392, 248K)

>130k/yr Vue dev reporting in

>he runs nano

Just use see and awk from the command line to do all your editing desu

It's software double-buffering for the DOM. If you're constantly rewriting large sections of your website through JS AND experience slowdowns/tearing, then maybe it's appropriate.

For every Vue dev there are like 5 React devs

>t. tripfag