/spg/ - Smartphone General

Notch On, Fuck it Notch Off Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus-6-notch.gif (1100x825, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-845-mobile-platform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anons with RN3P, are you still hanging in there?

You can tell there's a notch hidden in the middle, absolute dogshit

I'm waiting for this one to be delivered. Was it a good deal for that price?

Attached: mia2.png (909x223, 26K)

If anyone here is using airpods with android, I just found out this exists. Even paused your music if you take one out like iphones do.

Attached: Screenshot_AirBattery_20181127-140016.png (1080x1920, 142K)

Just received my Mate 20 X in the mail. This thing is a beast... almost too big. I don't understand why Huawei didn't also give this one a 40W charger....

Any tips or tricks? I'm moving to this phone from an iPhone and I'm not sure what I'm missing out on.

No, when Pocophone is $280 and better in every way
>SD845 vs SD660
>headphone jack and expandable storage
>4000mah vs 3000mah battery
>better cameras

Highly sentient for a pair of wireless earphones.

I honestly was blown away by them. I just bought them because I was tired of cables. Battery is great and sound quality is actually better than the normal earpods. I was looking at android alternatives because I wanted to view battery percentage and other shit but with this app I think I'll just keep them.
>inb4 shill

Man fuck all these bigass phones, the poco/5z/6t they all have huge 6"+ displays, why on fucking earth would I wanna use a phablet? This is why I stick to my XZ1, nothing beats the comfy 5.2" display.

Not bad, not bad. I listen with my HD 598s which are probably cheaper than the airpods and definitely sound better than them.

I have DT770 pros at home user. My airpods are just for when I'm on the move. The Beyers are way to huge to take with me. The 2m cable also doesn't help.

I'm an autist who drags his headphones everywhere, I'm surprised they haven't fallen apart yet. It's been 6 years already

My secondary phone desu or shitposting phone

So those lineage os for older xiaomi are complete gone from the websites? Are they gonna be archive somewhere?

lol what a pussy. My Mate 20 X is 7.21 inches. Just like my penis.

check XDA

6 years is pretty impressive breh

What is your opinion of this smartphone's exterior design?

Attached: 1515621204903.jpg (427x623, 29K)

Needs bigger bezels and a less square frame, the XZ1 looks perfect.

Always loved Sony's rectangular blocky designs, but the bezels are god awful.

*rips hole in pocket*
pshh... nothing personnel kid

>no big bezels = no speakers in front
why anyone would remove them is beyond me

You shouldn't with an AMOLED display anyway. Perhaps others solutions actually use black, instead of dark grey for the strip.

Notces as a whole are FUBAR
only the 6T sports a tolerable notch.

Got it yesterday
Thought the bezels were a meme but god they are big. Overall it is pretty aesthetic and pretty to look at. I don't know there is just that something about xperias that look nice and modern. Shame that is gone tho

How the fuck are those bezels in any way "big"?

these idiots have been spoiled by notches and bigass screens
bezels are functional and they want phones without them LOL FUCKING FAGS

Cringe but redpilled

I'm sad because we could've gotten an XZ1c just with smaller bezels like this, but instead Sony gimped that design language and regulated to the midrange XA series. Mostly because mainstream reviewers never really liked it.

At least that industrial rectangular design isn't completely gone yet. even if it for midrange only. I do hope the XA3 has a fingerprint sensor in the side again like the leaked renders show. but probably not

Attached: xa2 plus.jpg (1024x768, 131K)

>giant fucking bezels

What year is it again?

The year where people mistook phones for phablets and don't want ideal front placed speakers and bezels where you can hold the phone without accidentally pressing something on the screen especially during photography.

>HN idiot posts article about someone missing the headphone jack
>almost all of the 509 comments are pro-airpods, pretending that the entire world already moved to wireless headphones

Attached: scared.jpg (780x698, 95K)

The year where thankfully there's at least one company not following the latest fad

what's Jow Forums official phone?
pocophone f1?

it's just gays and thots posting that
real men with big brawny headphones still use the headphone jack

Running Xiaomi.eu with MIUI 10, the phone is fast and the battery has barely degraded. I wanted to upgrade this year because my usage has changed and I could use a better camera and more than 3 gigs of ram these days. There's been a lots of interesting Xiaomis this year, but since the redmeme still works great, I can take my time picking. The Mix 3 is the most likely candidate at the moment once it gets a global release.

Yes

Poco for poorfags
6T for normal fags
Note9 for richfags

this is inaccurate
~$200 Redmi Note 5
~$300 Pocophone F1
~$400 Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8
~$500 OnePlus 6T
greater than $500 you're a fool and will be broke soon enough

I guarantee my Mate 20 X is louder than your phone.

OnePlus 6T, ironically.

>greater than $500 you're a fool and will be broke soon enough
not everyone takes out a loan for a >$500 phone, for some of us that's nothing. Damned plebs...

My $1000 I just bought didn't even. make. a. d-d-deeennt

ok ill get a pocomeme
any good custom roms for it or im stuck with lineageOS?

>SD855
>7nm
>possibly octa core
>APU
why buy an SD845 flagship now when you can get something much better for almost the same price in March? I'm gonna wait for the SD855 phones.

>possibly octa core
Cool, so, which modern SoCs aren't?
>why buy an SD845 flagship now when you can get something much better for almost the same price in March?
Do you come from the future?

Why buy an SD855 flagship in March 2019 when you can get something much better for almost the same price in October 2019?

Iphone

Attached: 14158224458310.jpg (320x240, 11K)

You mean March 2020

Will the Note 9 be too slow by 2021? I don't want to waste $960 if I can't get 3 years out of it.

You mean October 2020

>Cool, so, which modern SoCs aren't?
I didn't knew Snapdragon 845 was octa core.

Hey guys. Just got my redmi 6
And when I plugged it in to charge it was at 66% battery life?
Is that normal cause I'm used to phones being at 0% and having to charge forever
Would it be okay for me to jump in and start downloading all my base apps?

Attached: IMG_20181127_163116.jpg (1600x1200, 553K)

qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-845-mobile-platform

What’s a good used android flagship I could buy for under 200 usd? Currently using an iPhone 5s and want to upgrade.

Pixel 1 or LG G6 are at like $145 used on ebay now.

Essential Phone is at $200.

Those are the best value I know for used.

It is. Phones are charged for the QC tests. You can start using the phone straight away, it won't impact the future battery performance.

>qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-845-mobile-platform
WHAT THE FUCK
why was I told that the SD835 was a quad core?

Redmi Note 5 Pro or Redmi Note 6 Pro?

Do you like a notch and care about the front facing camera? If you do, get the 6. If you don't just go for the 5, it has better ROM support.

Beautiful. Thanks m8

Attached: 1514113169254.jpg (1310x2585, 277K)

Oi I just unplugged my charger and its pretty damn hot for only 10mins of charging. Normal?
I'll stop posting after this thanks

>bottomless
>underboob
>sweater

Attached: oruui.jpg (312x471, 17K)

Fak huawei, release an X3 7" 16:10 already. I have been waitng for 3 yrs now.

>this shit
>sweater

Probably. Newer Xiaomi phones come with quick chargers in the box, not sure what version, possibly the 2.0 or 3.0 ones. As long as the phone itself doesn't get scorching hot it's not in any danger.

>if it looks like a sweater
who cares if it's not a full length one, both are nice

Is an S9 for $360 still worth?

is a lg v20 a bad buy at this point in time?
>headphone jack
>DAC
>strongest phone to have removable battery
>no notch
>good wide angle lens
>good microphone
>SD 820

I could get a phone with a better screen and slightly better CPU, but it looks like I would be losing tons of features AND paying 2-3x as much. thoughts?

Attached: 1540668853723.webm (640x360, 1.86M)

Why nobody ever talk about Asus phone around here? Is Asus phone doesn't have any presence in the west or something?

No, they're in limited supply across the world and their first phones were shite. The ZenFone 5Z is absolutely legit
please at least buy an SD835/4gb phone like the XZ1/Pixel 2 or even the ZenFone

The pixel 2 (XL) is going for mad cheap too, no reason to buy anything prior.

It's easy to make something loud when you crank the gain up enough, doesn't mean it will sound good and the speakers won't get blocked when holding the phone/laying it flat
>giant fucking bezels
>giant
Those bezels are pretty small by normal standards and considering there's a camera module packed in there

but the lg v20 has 4gb of ram, also dont those phones have no jack/cant remove battery/notch/more expensive/no dac? I feel like I'm losing lots of features and spending a lot more just to have a better cpu

The faggy pop-music those people tend to listen to is generally mastered to sound "best" being blared out of tinny portable radios and tiny earbuds so it makes sense they wouldn't mind the switch to lower-quality Bluetooth audio

then get the S9

I see, a man of culture as well

XZ1 has a 3.5mm input and no notch

That explains why some of those fags say that my shitty $25 headphones sound great and ask if they are professional headphones.

Makes me cringe when I'm in an electronics store with friends and they test out headphones there by going straight to some compressed-to-shit chart music

doesnt look like a bad phone but its literally 3.3x more expensive than v20 where I live.
twice as much

also still no removable battery
you guys make it sound like I NEED an 835, but I'm not trying to emulate wii games or some shit. also for those prices to get an SD 835 phone I could get me, my gf, and my mom all V20s, it's hard for me to justify the price jump. also I'm thinking I could get a cheaper phone like the v20 to last me until 855(8150?) phones start coming out

Okay, you do you. Don't come running back here complaining when your phone inevitably becomes a laggy mess in one year's time though

You aren't going to stores with friends, you have none sweetie - you're bitching about audio quality on 4channel dot org

At my Asia country Asus is pretty popular, easily the fourth or fifth smartphone brand. Too bad they're not as competitive as Xiaomi or Oppo/Vivo

Sure, that's a good idea.

>when they plug in their phone and then search for music on YouTube
>when they don't notice it defaulted to 360p because of their shitty connection

I mean I'm using a galaxy s4, granted with a custom rom, and it isnt a "laggy mess" but it is starting to struggle with heavy multitasking and the camera and battery are dying. also I should probably add I'm not in a country where people make a lot of money. if I had the cash I'd love to be able to just casually buy an s9

What music player sgould i use? The miui one sucks

blackplayer

>want to queue something on my friend's Spotify premium
>go to settings
>quality: automatic
>download quality: normal
>set all songs same volume: on

Attached: 1513993393473.jpg (1424x648, 88K)

Sony XZ4

Attached: sony_xperia_xz4_onleaks_4.png (1522x1268, 1.15M)

The fucking chinks still don't send my poco.

Has anyone bought from Eternal Team (Aliexpress) before? They usually take this long?

>cant casually get a s9
Filthy fucking minorities get off my board

>set all songs same volume: on
what's wrong with this one

I don't trust Spotify to not fuck up the dynamic range when doing this

Anyone using a Galaxy J8 around? Is it shit or is it good?

What do you guys do with your old phones? I'm getting a new one tomorrow to replace my current moto g 2nd gen.
Ultimately it's still a relatively great little computer and what not. Makes me sad.

>snapdragon 450
no

Where'd you find an s9 for $360?

Make it into a dash cam, security cam or something