Is a career in IT and programming really a fulfilling career Jow Forums?

Is a career in IT and programming really a fulfilling career Jow Forums?

Attached: 1543309013849.webm (310x360, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14788218
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

me on the left

What a chad

Yes if you go freelance after 30-35 years old, eventually 40.

>freelancing
>he wants to compete with pajeet for $5 an hour

>you will never be lustfully licked by a bitch
>you will never be licked by a dog either

Hoes are cheaper than dogs, no joke.

But you pay for a bitch multiple times
And a dog will not bring STDs and other man's semen into your house

hey, at least you'll get some zinc when licking her pussy

Is that mootykins?

>licking cunt
>licking whore cunt

Attached: 1529163933618.jpg (491x491, 68K)

who?

guy who founded Facebook

Imagine spending 100 hours a week here.

Attached: facebook office.jpg (2048x1537, 948K)

beats spending 100 hours a week in my room

the fact that nobody went full amok on that shithole is prove enough for the npc meme

Only if I swallow a handful of Xanax per day

Attached: mozillaismovingmeritocracy.png (340x705, 37K)

lol fuck no.

wow that looks like a party! "hey dave, quick we need to bring the comment wall down to 10ms!". Right on it! A binary search tree should do the trick on the node lookup container!

what is he thinking?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 15.28.33.png (210x194, 92K)

>how many more years can I sit at this fucking desk staring into my computer writing code for some shit I couldn't care less about.

>le child-substitute dog
>fulfilling

Attached: 1543117860880.gif (467x398, 71K)

>le child
>fulfilling

you get what you pay for

Attached: u9F5b_eDebhNMCwUK6pWIVaJNbbL78umDYuMEIU_vqI.png (980x1239, 1.65M)

>falling for the child-free meme

Attached: images(2).jpg (358x240, 7K)

>falling for the child meme

pets aren't substitutes for children

this is actually disgusting.

>100 hours a week
5 replies and no one said anything about that. Are those really normal working weeks in the US? My work week is 35 hours, including hour break every day, effectively being a 30 hour work week.

t. gay homo who kisses men

I love zinc!

Kek this reminds me of the time my friend had a dog and girl lick his penis. It was nasty but he blew a load within a minute.

>I want to blow up this building with all faggots inside. God, I hate my life.

>t. zoophile who kisses dogs

why do you think they get $100k per year?

Attached: 1526387335047.jpg (918x597, 216K)

Das good brotien.

The only kind of subhuman animal I'd go zoophile for is a woman.

you sound very OK being licked by filthy dog's tongue.
sounds disgusting and very zoophilic to me.
everyone who has human-like relationships with their pets are closet zoophiles, I guarantee you
a normal human being, of course, can play with their pet, give him name, pet it, etc. but if you let your dog lick your mouth, face or have a boner when it humps you. You're a zoophile.

Holy shit why are you gay dudes so weird and always make everything sexual?
Dog licking someone's face is not zoophilia.

It depends on the job and your personality.

I have done software development for over 15 years as a contractor and I've seen pretty much every gig there is. Corporate, hipster startup, technical startup, arms industry, research company, government, public transport, etc.

If I see any of the following warning signs, I bail immediately:

>open plan office spaces
>no remote options
>legacy system without proper testing, documentation or other seniors around
>no dedicated testers / no test automation
>inexperienced management (first-timers, no previous success stories, etc)
>no other contractors
>"we don't use java - it's too slow... our entire stack runs on javascript"
>government gigs with political, entrenched management
>50h+ weeks

That being said, I absolutely love my job. Getting paid to do make software that's being used by millions of people is fun. If you're any good, you will make so much money, you can easily retire in your 40s (even in Europe) and go on vacation wherever you want.

If you're smart, you can explore different problem domains every couple of years, get to know very smart people and work on critical infrastructure that keeps the world going.

If you are shit at software, any of this literally doesn't matter. You will end up in a shit place, work on boring CRUD shit while being micromanaged to death by managers pretending to be Steve Jobs. If you're lucky, you can find a boring government job where you have to show up to a meeting once a week and retire at 65.

god no, I wish that meme would die already. the money is good but you will lose your mental health from working with spergs and retards all day

If you love your job why do you want to retire early

not direct zoophilia, no. it's a closet zoophilia
it's like spanking your friend's butt or grabbing his balls when you meet and tell everyone you're not gay, very often
except that in this case, people are too disgusted with zoophilia to talk about it, so you don't need to justify your actions.

>normie holocaust, normie holocaust, normie holocaust

>If you love your job why do you want to retire early

I don't. But I'm in my 30s. No idea how I feel about working when I'm 45.

>I bought bitcoin at $20k

How stupid are you NEETs? Didn't you think once about something in your life? He's obviously trying to solve something.

Attached: 8652.jpg (750x750, 192K)

define solve

At Silicon Valley companies, people practically live at their office buildings. This is why places like Google have so many luxury amenities. Free gym, free sushi, free smoothies, free game rooms, free meditation areas, etc.

maniacally trying to solve his spring configuration issues by copy-pasting stuff from stackoverflow

Because Facebook can afford it and because they live in an expensive area? Maybe they're that good and they need competitive salaries? I thought they had a regular 40hr work week, but even if we say they work 80hrs/wk. that means they'd have to work 16hrs a day.

Oh fuck.

Letting a dog lick your face is a s󠀀oyboy thing. Ask anyone over 70s if they'd let their dog do that. You'll find out it's a result of the average testosterone levels in current year.

so where are you supposed to jerk off

>not getting into mechatronics
lmao

being gay for your dog is a time honored male tradition

I want that doggo

Technically it's being straight for your dog

try solving something when a manager with half your IQ is "pinging" you on "slack" every 10 minutes to see if the very important thing he wants is done already. every day I wish I listened to my parents and go to med school or just stayed at the university. IT is a fucking cesspool

being gay for your dog is zoophilia
being in master/pet relationship with your dog is time honoured male tradition

after all, this is all what dog wants, to serve his master

into one of the empty onions bottles on your desk. then it's back to work.

>At Google I work 9-5 or 10-6. I take about 30 minutes for lunch and occasional five to ten minute coffee/snack breaks. Recently I've been trying to set aside my last hour of work to read a programming book relevant to my job. Most people here work similar schedules, but typically it's the youngest and newest employees that work longer (which is not expected, and sometimes actively discouraged by managers).
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14788218

Maybe being part of an evil empire pays off. It has to. Otherwise, why do it, right?

Where is this?

NSA HQ

Facebook, so the other poster wasn't completely wrong.

kek

>tfw got denied a comfy job working in IT at my local police dept with unlimited access to a bad-ass gun range, company car, my own office, and insurance/retirement all because one of the city commissioners and the city HR guy hated my dad who's the retired fire chief.

Attached: 1492651698032.gif (500x275, 763K)

DELET

Attached: 1541138776633.jpg (882x960, 76K)

I always start feeling really bored and unfulfilled at my job after a year or two, but the nice part of having a highly in demand job is I can just quit and get a new one which will have some learning and challenge for awhile.

Outside very few jobs every job sucks, just happens programmers are more vocal(manchildren) about it.

i hate office lab rats.

Attached: h.jpg (596x524, 64K)

no, it's called being friendly you fucking retard. only a degenerate like you would mistake being friendly with being gay or letting it lick your face.

I hate you for posting this.

My favourite thing to do is solve problems, so for me even the most stressful days eventually lead to that tingly feeling in my prostate when I finally figure a problem out.

Life is fuflilling if you find a purpose, mine righ now is to help people solve problems and that tends to be with the help of a keyboard.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (1075x1058, 274K)

She's 15 why the fuck are you posting this

unironicalkly looks based compared to my dull grey cube setup

you have to keep learning in order to be competitive
some consider it fulfilling, also why so many people "used to be" in IT

There's no way she's 15, it would take years to build muscle like that for that kind of ass.

No. I'm miserable.

What happened to cubicles? How are you supposed to focus in this fucking mess of an office?

because she’s 15

cubicles afford you too much privacy, this way the managers can be even lazier because they can rely on the office cocksuckers to rat on anyone they see is fucking around, and in a competitive company like google you better believe not a single one of those mother fuckers trusts each other with anything

Good goy, don't breed just have furbabys

>find a boring government job where you have to show up to a meeting once a week and retire at 65.
Most boring government drones retire at 55 or 50 if they take early. It's a sucky job but this is one of the benefits.

t. grey suit wishing for death

this is true

If you want to fuck a 15 year old you're a pedo. End of story.

That's not true.

Attached: 3434547733.png (252x176, 75K)

It is. And you're in big trouble mister

Attached: 12343924.jpg (394x900, 75K)

It can be, like when you help a quiet coworker with a problem who is polite and thankful.

Less so when some bitch is freaking out that THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN and kicks down your door hyperventiling and you find out she just deleted a desktop icon.

Incredibly tiny waist. I wish I was that fucking thin, I have a 51 inch gut.

>mmmm shnookums & bb gimme kissies teehee La la la I'm fucking gay

Attached: 24352.png (577x694, 379K)

If you look at this girl in any sexual way then you're 100% a paedo.

whos the playboy

Le jews don't want you to breed more slaves! Make sure that you contradict them by popping out as many resource-draining, indoctrinated, undereducated, little shriekers as you can!
Make sure not to ever do what jews themselves do and invest your time in building financial empires. The fact that all the biggest companies are jew-owned is actually a big fat wrench in jewish plans, make sure it all stays that way.

Agreed. Fucking perverts.

Attached: 1428632298538.jpg (540x720, 136K)

Do you think this guy always has good posture or he just knew they were taking a picture?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 3.10.20 PM.png (279x216, 134K)

But freelancing really means is going around companies in your city and then farming out to pjeet

Put my face in there pls

For sure the jew doesn't benefit from mass immigration presented as the solution to the west's ever decreasing fertility rates buddy.