SHould I install Devuan? I'm new to Linux, but I'm already redpilled on SystemD and botnet programs/spywares...

SHould I install Devuan? I'm new to Linux, but I'm already redpilled on SystemD and botnet programs/spywares, even though I'm still not technically proficient.

Debian seems to be the best start for someone who's a beginner in Linux and wants to avoid spying, but it still uses SystemD. Devuan, on the other hand, seems like the perfect place to start, but since I'm a beginner I'm not so sure. What do you think? Is it hard to install?

Thanks.

Attached: download (3).jpg (648x348, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use Debian for a long time and didn't had problem with systemd. I don't think having or not having systemd would do any difference to someone new to linux. The problem with Devuan is that it doesn't have the userbase and support that Debian would have, besides that all updates would be a little slower than Debian's.

install gentoo

I wish I could, but I'm too technically illiterate for the task right now.

I see, well seeing as this will be my first time using Linux, perhaps it would be use to start with Debian instead of other underground distros.

Is Debian hard to install?

I call it tinfoil debian
no, but make sure to get the installation media with nonfree firmwares

youre new to linux but already masterfully understand it's user space init

>but make sure to get the installation media with nonfree firmwares
where do I get it and why?

Systemd is fine as long as you don't use it on an MSI motherboard or leave it running more than two or three weeks. Install Q4OS.

What's up with MSI mobos and systemdicks?
It's in debian's downloads.

Ah, forgot to say why. Usually graphics cards and wireless cards need non-free firmware to work.

>What's up with MSI mobos and systemdicks?
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2402

Wow, nice one Lennart.

Devuan is like 98% debian with a few packages altered to no longer require system d

>What's up with MSI mobos and systemdicks?
Those motherboards use UEFI and the variables for it are mounted with write access by default by systemd. On most UEFI implementations you can delete these variables and your boot firmware will be fine because they're just copied from the boot ROM. But on MSI motherboards it'll delete them permanently and brick your motherboard. The reason why systemd mounts them read/write on boot by default is so that the OS can reboot to the firmware setup.

Technically it's MSI's fault for not following the UEFI specification well enough, though systemd could easily avoid the issue by mounting the variables read only by default. Only enterprise users will ever need to reboot into the UEFI setup, and they can just add an extra command to their automation process on new systems for it.

This.

Attached: 1543016677326.png (650x560, 269K)

Harry Pottering's response was probably the best part.

Attached: snapshot6.png (786x465, 49K)

Can't make this shit up

xvuan
)[∨∪∧∩

is this a complement?

Install Void linux. Choose an .iso with a DE and it will just work out of the box.

no reason to use it instead of mx

>Void Linux
More like slow Linux

Mine boots in under 7s and shuts down in under 3s.

What's actually slow there? Seriously, init system is blazingly fast and package manager installs stuff almost instantly.

I read once that the creator of Void shat on Jow Forums and its users.

>I'm new to Linux, but I'm already redpilled on SystemD
Jow Forums is truly the most retarded and underage board

>cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/amd64/iso-cd/

Devuan’s perfect, go for it.

You’re a faggot.

>installing Jewgle’s own Linux distro

>redpilled on systemd
>not technically proficient
you are not technically proficient so you also aren't redpilled in anything related to technology apparently, you would know the problem with systemd is not that it is a botnet or spyware, is that the project aims too big into the system. Is open source you absolute fucking retard, it even has less lines of code than Firefox for example which is configured to fingerprint you by default.
This board is so bluepilled and retarded. sage

That's actually good, though. I'd rather have Lennart force MSI to fix their shit instead of reaching the stages of bloat that graphics drivers acquired from having to patch out shitty dev practices.