Samsung makes galaxy book to compete with micro$oft's surface pro

>samsung makes galaxy book to compete with micro$oft's surface pro
>has a better screen
>way better pen, wacom EMR
>actually fucking comes with the pen and the keyboard
>holy shit things are actually looking pretty good
>"4gb of ram"
What the fuck is wrong with this company? Did they forget they're supposed to be competing with the Surface Pro and not the Surface Go? What the fuck compels a company to release any kind of hardware that runs WINDOWS 10 on 4GB OF RAM?

Attached: gaylaxybook.jpg (1200x800, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqWMtz4lv0s
youtube.com/watch?v=BjzYm_o9qXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't run windows 10 then, man up and install gentoo.

>Winstain 10 can't run on 4GB of RAM
Holy fucking bloatware.

hows that 2006 living treating you mr hermit

ye just install Gentoo, any distro can outperform Android ecosystem, the billions of apps is just pathetic scam that now days impresses no one.

>o look we have 2000 apps that do the same but are all rebrands and copypasta projects with the only function to scam people.

Windows and Linux are the main platform to go if you need work to be done, Windows has those big niche programs that costs XXX but professionals love and Linux has all the libs and obscure toolboxes that any freak will ever need and whats even more interesting, both ecosystems have tried to absorb each other in his own way, Linux tryharding with Wine and Windows implanting a kernel into their computer.

The whole point in getting one of these things is for creative software like Photoshop. Windows 10 has enough issues with drawing tablet drivers, the last thing artists need is to deal with that shit in GNU/Linux, on top of having an absolutel dogshit software catalog. Don't even try to defend Gimp.

android app ecosystem is shit so all that tablet technology is wasted

if you want a tablet get an iPad

Alright, nigger. Tell me exactly what a machine from 2006 can't do today that a modern machine can. Play bideo bames and other gay numale shit? There's no excuse for having software so bloated that it can't run comfortably in 4GB of RAM. That's pure insanity and it's the result of piss poor engineering.

Neck yourself, street shitter.

The Galaxy Book runs Windows 10 you idiot. Do you have defective eyes?

what the fuck is your issue?
>pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20181127_205511.png (881x594, 194K)

as a matter of fact I do

jokes on you haha

>what the fuck is your issue?
Are you literally braindead?

The Galaxy Book is obsolete.

Attached: Screenshot_20181128-041054_1.jpg (1080x1330, 157K)

I'm literally using my old brothers 4 gb laptop you spastic you are out of your mind stop trolling

OP complained about the galaxy book having only 4 gigs of ram while pic related has 8

have the 10.6 inch version, dont notice the lack of ram and its very comfy to draw lolis with

Attached: IMG_20181127_171043.jpg (2560x1920, 1.1M)

Op is a retard.

Running windows 10 on a Thinkpad x230 with 4gb and no hitches at all thanks to a SSD.

This is my main workstation, and I have Chrome with like 10 tabs open. Any OS that needs more than 1GB of RAM idle is dogshit. And you're dogshit for defending it.

Attached: snapshot8.png (668x426, 48K)

I dont have that strong opinions on the subject honestly, I cant argument why linux isnt a viable option but like just normie perspective: windows is pretty easy and safe to use so for its demands 4gb is obviously limiting nowadays. But I will try out a lighter linux distro on this thing get some more use of it. Thanks

Try Q4OS with TDE. It's one of the most user friendly distros I've seen that doesn't sacrifice any functionality of traditional desktop OS.

Thanks again.

What other machines do you have besides the hp, I'm trying to distribute my money for the devices I need and like those old laptops the guys in thinkpad general are recommending - can you do all the todays stuff with them, like I would need a bigger ips screen laptop for watching videos cause I cant have a tv in my flat. Since you are kinda frugal, Im interested how your other devices look?

Doesn't the new Galaxy Book 2 only ship with 4gb? That's the new one coming out with an sd850 processor.

The problem with the old galaxy book is the keyboard frame is that fake leathery shit, whereas the Surface Pro has an actual metal stand.

My main laptop is a ThinkPad X230 which handles streaming 1080p YouTube videos just fine. That also runs Q4OS. I've never been big into movies but I do a lot of programming, so my main monitor at my desk is 1280x1024. The X230 has a 1366x768 display which is okay for emails, spreadsheets, and the other basic tasks I use it for.

Core2 desktop machines can handle most things just fine. But Core2 mobile stuff will choke on 1080p YouTube videos after about 20 minutes.

>thinking an ssd is relevant
You are such a stupid idiot it's funny.

kinda is whenever windows is doing its system stuff, stutters my shit to a halt for one

Ram is irrelevant to an SSD, idiot. An SSD won't help you run Photoshop with a measly 4gb ram.

>Wacom
that doesn't tell us if it has pen tilt, functioning side buttons, eraser, or the number of pressure sensitivity levels

It says Wacom EMR which be default should be 4096 pressure levels with tilt and no charging. It looks like it has a side button and an eraser

2006 machines cant run 1080p youtube videos without dropping frames.

Yeah I guess it was dumb when it came out, but now they're very cheap used and are a better value than a surface pro 4. These pseudo tablet/laptops are stupid anyway and are only valuable because companies other than microsoft and apple aren't giving you a good digitizer and a high rez screen on anything else yet. A used galaxy book is like a cintique companion 2 with an oled screen for $400.

that ram is pretty standard for normies that open google mail and support refugees on facebook, not everyone is an autistic like OP who runs ELSAJEAN.EXE on his desktop 24/7

based as fug user.

More importantly it means it isn't jittery shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=nqWMtz4lv0s

Is there a single one of these hybrid Windows 10 Tablet/PC that use the Wacom EMR except for the overpriced Wacom Studios and Samsung Galaxy Book?

I tried the Surface Pro, and it's absolute ass for slow drawing. Even chinkshit monitor tablets like Huion blow it out of the water.
I just want something I can take around with me to draw/sculpt on, while also being able to browse the internet.

samsung notebook 9 pro
hp z book x2
acer switch 7
yoga book
some of the chinkshit cube tablets

Is EMR even better than AES? I have my doubts.

>Flexcase rather than a kickstand
Just make a fucking laptop for god sake

>Why would a tablet need more than 4GB of RAM, after all you will only ever do 1 thing at a time on it, just like all tablets
t. people designing based on retarded mobile paradigms

post pic right now

Plz tell where you post your lolis

Wrong. Decent desktops from 2006 can play 1080p YouTube videos just fine.

Funny how you had to qualify it

Samsung Galaxy Book is trash. It's OLED, enough said.

baraag.net
filename

Attached: not yet.jpg (1135x864, 82K)

Krita is perfectly fine for most artists

Maybe they're unaware that Windows 10 is bloated trash.

t. ameteur light years away from the professional industry

There are shitty laptops made within the last 5 years that can't handle 1080p YouTube videos. What's your point?

>professional industry
Tell me more mister artist

that keyboard is amazing

I'm betting almost all of these jitters have to do with the fact that nearly all laptops use PWM for the displays. Active digitizers are extremely sensitive to interference, and you have displays using PWM, built in capacitive touch sensor constantly responding to touches, and high power components going off right next to the display in tablet mode. Unsurprisingly the oh-so praised iPad pro lacks two of those things. No PWM and no high-power SoC, instead a fairly low power one. I've heard early active digitizers could even be affected by external interference, like nearby lights and shit

It's pretty clear what Microsoft needs to do for their next Surface Pro. No more PWM, perhaps an attempt to shield or isolate the SoC, though the motherboard's power delivery might also be an issue. The ipad pro is just naturally at an advantage. Otherwise I suspect N-trig and Wacom would fare much better

>tfw none of these hybrid meme tablets can draw a line as straight as a huion

Attached: 1406054844867.png (383x385, 45K)

EMR will. See AES is affected more sharply by interference. A tablet using EMR will feel almost identical to its Wacom art tablet counterpart, down to the shitty accuracy when you start moving off center

Funny enough, Wacom drivers are rock stable on Linux. The Galaxy book uses Wacom Penabled drivers.

Eww loli. Hope one day you can become legit and stop drawing nsfw shit.

I really want a windows drawing tablet that isn't shit.

what is there?

Your desktop and a Wacom or one of those Chinese screen tablets.

>EMR
>available only on jewcom mobile studio and samsung burn-in book

Attached: 1440952787112.jpg (750x705, 52K)

Shame half the Linux audience won't bother installing them because they're proprietary. They don't deserve good functionality.

SSD actually helps a lot of you have little ram. The OS will use part of the storage as fake RAM (cache), and it makes a huge difference if the storage is an SSD.

Retard.

>hear news about galaxy book2
>no logo on front
>AMOLED screen
Yes I will pay $1400 for this shit!
>4GB of RAM
>4GB of RAM with no option to just throw money at them for more
No, fuck the RAM cartel I'm waiting for 2019 when the massive bureaucratic chinese goverment hammer falls and they get fined 90 trillion chink dollars

>tfw will now masturbate to user's drawing
I... I hope you don't mind...

Attached: 1537902037910.png (291x213, 97K)

You truly are a moron who doesn't understand anything about photoshop.

iPad Pro and RDP into a Windows machine

Attached: 1386832243981.gif (480x270, 963K)

Wait, are those ponies?

Attached: Hi.jpg (1415x1216, 1.1M)

>Just make a fucking laptop for god sake
kek

Those bezels are horrendous.
We need an XPS 13 2in1 with Wacom EMR, not this Ntrig shit.

I hope the battery explodes while you're using it you fucking degenerate.

t. monkey
Large bezels are a good thing for artists. There's a reason Cintiqs have huge bezels.

>Told my friend to pick up a Thinkpad for £100-200
>He gets one of these pieces of shit with a sim contract instead

Eat shit retard, that's what you get for not listening to me

Attached: 15433677313215916.gif (444x250, 1.1M)

I have a really shitty internet connection (I live in New Zealand) plus I doubt that the apple pencil would be recognised making it all but useless.

Further more, I want it to be a laptop replacement as well as a drawing tablet.

Anyway, the 12.9 inch new ipad is $1749 in my country. It'd not the fact that it's 1700 without a keyboard or pencil, it's the fact that I don't consider the ipad good value for money (oy vey)

Kyōko Toshinō is super cute.

Yeah, because Wacom can't engineer a product worth a shit. You can't say palm rejection because it's gonna be covering towards the center of the display anyway.

>t. shitter who uses trash technology without proper palm rejection

>I want it to be a laptop replacement as well as a drawing tablet.
That shit is futile, you're gonna compromise real bad if you go with a convertible. Just get the $300 iPad with a Cheap laptop, takes pretty much the same space and would probably be cheaper as well.

Watch and learn, brainlets:

youtube.com/watch?v=BjzYm_o9qXw

Cintiqs have huge bezels because Wacom EMR get less accurate when you get closer to the corners of the screen.

Pay big buck for the Zbook and Wacom jew or buy a Japanese 2 in 1 from Toshiba, Panasonic or Fujitsu.

the fuck are you on about ? win 10 runs decently even on 1 gig of ram

This. Win 10 even runs fine on my piece of shit 4GB ram atom processor HP notebook

but the programs that we use can't.

nigger I ran out of ram on my 1GB raspberry pi running LXDE as soon as I opened more than one tab in firefox
don't bullshit me

But the surface pro its competing with has 4GB of ram too

I bet this faggot has never even drawn once on a computer. I remember the absolute horror of using an eMac (in 2012).

SAI uses like 60MB RAM on a 3000x3000 canvas.
Get fucked retards.

How much is this device?
sounds like what I need to paint with Krita on.

$999

Kek, they can fuck off then

if I was to buy a surface book, would it be fine for art, or should I go for the surface pro 6?

>2006
>4 GB of RAM