Uni professor puts on YouTube video

>uni professor puts on YouTube video
>video ends
>autoplay rears its ugly head once again
>"click cancel click cancel click cancel" across the class
>teacher clicks the next video button
Why are all teachers so computer illiterate? Even professors in their 30s seem completely dumbfounded by something as simple as Windows Media Player.

Attached: 1533592433669.jpg (466x466, 64K)

Probably because they are too focused on whatever they teach or research to sit and watch YouTube vids all day.

Attached: 1519539646079.gif (200x200, 3.14M)

Because the NPC meme is real. These aren't even people. They're essentially animals. They run the media, the government, the big corporations, and damn near every other little thing. And they constantly find new ways to fuck it up for everyone else.

You wouldn't expect a dog to read an instruction manual. You wouldn't expect a chimp to google simple issues. Don't expect NPCs to do it either.

Because they don't need it and they especially don't care. Be grateful OP, if everyone was even a little bit smarter IT jobs would pay minimum wage and there wouldn't be many jobs.

Attached: 1538591935172.jpg (719x759, 44K)

You laugh, but zoomers are coming, and they'll be the ones laughing.

They're the ones Autoplay was even invented for so they can maintain a steady flow of junk into their brains without having to put any thought into it. It's basically the modern internet version of TV.

Even more annoying is when they play it on a computer without an ad blocker, and we all have to be exposed to an ad during class time. Like it takes a minute to install uBlock Origin, you couldn't even do that before class?

Wouldn't be so sure, they're the first generation to be fully immersed in advanced computing since birth, we're going to see some crazy shit.

No we're not, be honest. Not everyone has an IQ north of 150.

Attached: WAIS-IV_FSIQ_Scores_by_Race_and_Ethnicity.png (1000x600, 87K)

IQ is a shit metric. The goalpost is constantly moving. There's no objective way to measure intelligence.

Imagine having this reaction to a guy hitting the wrong YouTube button

>the first generation to be fully immersed in advanced computing since birth
Our parents grew up with telephones. Ask them if they know the difference between pulse and tone dialing, or what the maximum resistance of a loop is.

>fully immersed in advanced computing since birth

Attached: iPad-Pro-Whats-a-Commercial-1024x576[1].jpg (1024x576, 51K)

what is on the y-axis

dick size

this

Am teacher an can confirm, no time for trivial bullshit like web GUIs that get overhauled every other month

It's still a good synthetic benchmark for weeding out those incapable of learning complex things at all (ie under ~100). If this wasn't in any form a good objective metric then why does the army/airforce use it to place recruits in certain roles? You never see forest gump piloting an F-35, do you? Just trying to point out that you can hammer down lessons all you want, like half the class will never be able to learn what is being taught simply because their brains literally cannot abstract to higher levels of intellectual consciousness.

Not trying to be racist btw, I come from a white family full of druggies, alcoholics, and mostly hopelessly in debt with no college degrees.

Percentile I think.

Attached: 1519186398840.jpg (480x336, 23K)

>If this wasn't in any form a good objective metric then why does the army/airforce use it to place recruits in certain roles?
Not sure that means anything.
The gov is still using polygraphs while knowing damn well they're a meme

>they're the first generation to be fully immersed in advanced computing since birth
>advanced computing
>for using dumbed down systems as users

Attached: 1528036283194.png (1024x749, 196K)

They're by no means efficient, US defense budget will be like $1 trillion dollars soon but they know not every man is created equal intelligence wise and they can't risk billions of dollars of equipment for muh diversity or whatever. Even if they haven't switched to the official mensa IQ metric yet they still have something good enough to tell them "if you put this guy on a hundred million dollar jet fighter aircraft he probably won't get shot down". Remember that we still haven't computerized every aspect of piloting such complex aircraft and GCAS can literally kill you anyway.

Attached: just.png (955x610, 586K)

Someone unfit to fly a plane will not learn from their pilot training and fail when their abilities are tested. Even if IQ testing could indicate that in advance it's not a necessary step to avoid wrecked equipment.

Right but it is still a critical preliminary test to weed out those unfit to pilot. It's a very necessary step they will take because you have equipment worth more than the pilot's life at stake. I'm sorry but that's the way it is, if you desperately feel forest gump should get a shot at piloting an F-35, you go tell the air force that and maybe make a shitty change.org thingie.

I was once texted by my little cousin asking me for tech help because his computer wasn't working. From his texts we find out the HDMI from his monitor had come unplugged. He didn't know how to plug it back in. I had to describe to him how to plug something in.

Just because you've used something your entire life doesn't mean you know the first thing about how it works.

This, I had no idea how to use a $100 kitchen knife I got as a gift for college or even sharpen it and use the straightening steel on it. I'd literally use it like a meat cleaver and chop vegetables on top of a marble kitchen countertop. Twas only once I paid for a college course in collage that I was essentially mindfucked about what an amazing tool a simple kitchen can be. Mine took a ton of damage though, I went to have it sharpened and the guy had to remove like 1/4" of the bevel due to severe chipping. Being dumb sure makes life hard.

Attached: 1516394863334.jpg (477x640, 44K)

>marble kitchen countertop
I love my expensive chef knife. It's amazing how much easier preparing food is when you have a sharp well-kept knife. The only drawback is now I can't watch other people use knives without cringing.

>>"click cancel click cancel click cancel" across the class
>not noticing that Youtube is fucking around with old concepts to trigger people to watch more content
your turn will come boy, now you laf at grandpas not understanding whats happening with something that worked just fine several years back, remember this post because it will come true

What did you get? I'm eyeing some Wustofs but still interested in the nip steel

VG-10 stainless steel or better like damascus vg-10 is recommended. As always YMMV, always check verified reviews and if it sounds too good to be true it probably is (ie $40 vg-10).

This is the technology board and you are going off topic

Knife metallurgy is technology. This is why a dollar store knife has to be resharpened after every use.

Your whole life has been derailed from it's original intention, don't worry about this thread

I doubt having better graphics is any more impactful on development than n64 graphics were