>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 139.jpg (448x448, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicesexe-services-and-controller-app-is-taking/3d61b185-20ff-4612-8113-fbfcbdaf7103
crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/12150/how-do-i-calculate-the-private-key-in-rsa
youtube.com/watch?v=_e6BKJPnb5o
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

repost: can someone walk my stupid ass through understanding why my headphones suddenly stopped working in debian? after install it was fine but now i am only getting speaker audio. i hear a faint popping noise in pavucontrol whenever i adjust sound card volume settings but that's it. i am using kde. not sure what to google at this point

Better to use CVT or GTF for custom resolutions? AMD settings asks and I never have a clue about this shit.

For some reason I can only use the timing optimization tool in madVR when I had previously selected GTF and it fucks everything up if it was on CVT timings, but that's on my secondary monitor I use for movies and stuff not my main monitor which I'm not gonna use that tool on so...?

Make a live usb stick for some other distro like Ubuntu. If you still don't hear anything, your hardware's fucked.

I cannot believe nobody in the world knows what the fuck "Services and Controller App" is and why is sucking the 98% of my CPU usage. Anyways, my question would be, wouldn't formatting my disk fix any of these problems? Why after formatting the shit is till there? Or the guy that did the job lied to me and didn't formatted shit?

helo
where can i find a windows xp download to use in a VM?
need it only for one legacy software

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicesexe-services-and-controller-app-is-taking/3d61b185-20ff-4612-8113-fbfcbdaf7103

Hi, I want to buy a pc that I'm gonna use for gaming and also deep learning. Hence the need of a good GPU. Was waiting for cyber monday but nothing. If I want good framerate and ultra specs in games and less-than-3-days neural network trainings with GB datasets, I probably need either a GTX 1070 or 1080.

With 144 hz g-sync monitor, is a $2200 "laptop" worth it if it has a gtx1080? This kind of machine weighs like 11 lbs + charger brick, but I'd basically carry it just sometimes in a bag from/to work and put it stationary for 8+ hours.
Or should I settle with a more manageable $1800, 7 lbs laptop with gtx1070? The other specs are exactly the same (except for cooling but they should have enough). I don't trust the benchmarks much.
Thank you for every comment that's not a simple
>gaming toybooks

Attached: ali.jpg (1064x770, 63K)

>selected LAST KNOW GOOD CONFIGURATION and voila
This doesn't exist in WIndows 10 and I don't think anything in that page counts as an answer to my question, but thanks for the reply.

I have a bunch of youtube links in a text file (one each line) is there a way to download all the corresponding videos at once?

Read youtube-dl documentation.

works perfectly on windows dualboot. not sure it is hardware

What is this cable called?
Is it a 6-pin Male Sata power connector?
I'm looking all over the place and I can't find what I'm looking for. My psu only came with 1 such cable but I need 2 if I want to have separate SSD and HDD compartments. Are these types cables safe to buy from Amazon?

Nemo requires admin perms to access an sshfs mount
What gives

It's a 6-pin cable that connects to the PSU and supplies power to SATA devices. The name can't be that different.

Attached: whatisitcalled.jpg (294x582, 31K)

Reposting for third time because this was never answered:

when calculating RSA keys, why is the modular inverse of e calculated with respects to phi [ (p-1)(q-1) ] instead of N (pq), when N is the modulus used during encryption/decryption?

Also, how does e and its modular inverse retain their modular inverse property in two differnt moduli, e and phi? I noticed e and phi are both coprime, but this isnt a property of all coprime moduli. It must have something to do with phi being a product of two composite numbers one less than a prime?

Attached: img2300285_fe80a17134ace30c.jpg (931x516, 268K)

crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/12150/how-do-i-calculate-the-private-key-in-rsa

Okay, just got a brand new 1tb hard drive, bla bla bla. its my only one in this pc, and I was thinking. what is the point of partitions? Also, should I do at least one? and finally, how do I do one? thanks in advance!

Attached: ....png (160x179, 10K)

What hardware-related shit can cause a computer to just freeze? It becomes unresponsive, and simply stalls. I then have to restart it. It happens when I bump it VERY slightly or move it about. Could the CPU be slightly dislodged? The PSU, RAM, and SSD connections are fine.

Thanks ive done it, that program seems pretty powerful

What's a gud app to overclock cpu on my android?

When does the $EDITOR variable come in play?
When are files going to be opened with it?

>got amazon prime
>want to capture movies as i go, since local law entitles me to make "backup copies" of digital media
>pc has no vga, just digital outputs like dvi, hdmi and displayport
>tried Relive (amd-equivalent of nvidia shadowplay); refuses to record with the specific message of "restricted content"

do i need to funnel this shit through a rdp/vnc connection from another machine or what?
"jailbreak" gpu drivers?

Just installed Vivaldi, after playing with it im willing to give it a chance, seems bretty good but I have one issue with it.

How do I make the command Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn switch to next and previous tabs? They just seem to switch randomly.

Oh fuck forget it im retarded, it was my logitech software messing things up.

What do I have to add to my ad block filer to get images back on Jow Forums?

At work I used a Windows XP Professional CD we had. You could probably find botnet editions of XP, dunno

Note: You can't update certain Windows XP without first downloading a newer Internet Explorer. IE 6 or 7 doesn't have the right stuff for Windows Update to work.

My mom needs a new pc as her old laptop has finally reached its retirement after 8 glorious years of service with only upgrade being hdd to ssd swap
the new pc will be desktop and be used for a similar length of time (hopefully)
should i go for some i3/i5 or ryzen as the base?

If you're Windows, let it do it's thing. If it's GNU+Linux, it's hard to say. I've done 50GB/50GB/the rest/4GB swap. Each 50 is a different OS, "the rest" is /home/. This way, you can install whatever bullshit on your system, but if the system goes tits up, you can have a separate OS which also mounts the same /home. Distros have gotten a lot less crash/error prone, so just one partition and swap isn't as much of a risk as it used to be. Certain distros don't play together though. Manjaro uses a custom grub entry, so if you update grub from Mint, you corrupt the Manjaro entry. Learned that the hard way... twice.

ublock origin developer are Autistic and made it retarded to unblock or custom filter things, but overwhelmingly I haven't had to touch anything. Adblock Plus is less reliable in filtering but allows custom filters.

>ublock origin developer are Autistic and made it retarded to unblock or custom filter things,
Pressing buttons so they are green or red is difficult for you?

If elements are embedded you can't partially filter, or if content matches multiple patterns, so you want to be more specific. They designed ublock to be impenetrable. Things might've changed because it used to be shittier, but literally the developers didn't want people doing their own filtering, so refused to add the option. See adblock's custom filtering versus ublocks.

So use umatrix?
Ublock origin was never created for that purpose

as additional info
budget:500€
will be used for facebook, banking, streaming and some very light gaming ie flash games and 10+ years old games

Why is there so much evil in the world?

greed and gluttony were a good survival traits
they don't work well in current civilization

Because of computers:
youtube.com/watch?v=_e6BKJPnb5o

just read that you can use the VHD included in the "windows xp mode" that you can get from microsoft for free
seems to work so far, don't need internet or anything. only gonna the VM for one particular program i need for work

Cause richard stallman hasent died yet.

>corporations manufacturing very different things
examples:

>sharp
>microwave ovens
>tvs

>hitachi
>excavators
>harddrives

how can they be so wide?
i mean what logic is behind this?
i figure its like "ohh we have tons of cash what to do next yo"
but still the spread is huge so wtf?

Attached: 1660352_723631527662066_1089863501_n.jpg (500x282, 11K)

>have enough money
>don't want to spend any on R&D
>buy another company
It's pretty simple. It's one of the biggest reasons people are against the largest companies and people not paying appropriate taxes, the just own more and more until they call the shots.

>buy another company
oh! totally passed me by
what makes you say that they bypass taxes tho?

Those companies existed BEFORE the transistor existed. Why give up a billion dollar company solely because you make phone and compute components now?

GTFO my board zoomer

Is an IT college degree considered a joke in the tech industry? I told my college adviser that I wanted to do things involving cybersecurity and maintaining a framework more than actually creating my own software. He told me to for IT instead of Info Science or Comp Science, and he said they're going to change the name of the degree to "Cybersecurity" soon because it has a lot of cybersecurity and database management reqs.

I feel kind of shying away from it just because people seem to treat IT like something a low-paid monkey can do. Is this actually the case?

I can post the course sheet if anyone wants to see it.

Attached: 1536435640889.jpg (337x332, 18K)

I've been enjoying Hutton so far, and have had no problems with the end of chapter questions. However, now I've got to foldr/foldl I'm a little confused. I can only understand how the functions recurse if I write them out myself, and find it difficult to come up with uses and to understand his. Are there any resources you've found handy for learning about folds in Haskell?

Attached: haskell.png (602x425, 4K)

so fleshlight(R) is a subsidiary to hitachi?

I'm looking for a reliable VPN server compatible with built-in windows client. Are there any good brands I should go with that won't log my activity?

Why would it be?

In America especially, but in other countries, it's much easier to tax evade directly. As an employee, our taxes are taken directly out of our wages. If a person's wealth is contained in non-dollar assets or not-a-job, it's normal for them to require reporting that as income. Simple tax dodging: lie about your income. For companies, they can normally transfer funds at no cost internally, and at low to no cost between subsidiaries or contract agencies. Makes sense sort-of, until you realize they're usually permitted to transfer funds out of state, or allocate funds for "investment" or some other bullshit contract for a subsidiary/contract. They no longer have the money, so they can't be taxed directly, even if someone is directly controlling both companies. There's also transferring money to less-taxed areas, which is the whole Ireland problem that's been reported a lot.

I think it was Warren Buffett who made a killing by loaning money to other businesses, or at least transferring money between businesses when he wanted to buy things. A company pays less taxes than you or I do to buy things, can loan money to another company at 0% interest, etc. He was still completely controlling how the wealth was spent or at least had a big share of the companies, so he could keep his money in the company and buy or procure things with it, even though it was his personal intent and control.

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

I've got an old laptop I really like the keyboard on, that I would like to use for writing.

Windows takes about 5-10 minutes to boot fully, which is kind of unacceptable if you want to write when inspiration strikes. The battery is old so sleep/hibernation-mode doesn't really work either.
It'd be nice with something lightweight that I could use with Word or some customizable writer, maybe Mega to sync files and perhaps foobar2k for music.
To have it on a USB could be neat too, but not really necessary.

I know my way around a computer, but I'm not much of a coder.
It's an HP Probook 4510 if that matters anything.

What kind of setup could I use?

Why Windows 10 doesn't give you the option to uninstall these stupid applications that you don't need to use?

Attached: 2423423432432.jpg (471x282, 27K)

Depends on your path? My brother took IT courses and worked in network stuff for the military, and then his security clearance enabled him to work through a couple companies until a position came up in the government. He lied a lot, but he was in the military for IT, worked in Anchorage Alaska managing a military base, and is now training for a cybersecurity job overseas. I think he has his BS.

Another person who hasn't gotten a job yet, they have a Criminal Justice AS/maybe BS degree and are going into an IT degree. That seems reasonable for cybersecurity, but I'd imagine more and more universities are offering cybersecurity degrees.

Anyone know where I can get Microsoft Word for free? Everywhere I look is just paying for the subscription.

Puppy Linux or Mint

An SSD would boot much faster, for any OS.

Notebook and nice mechanical pencils or pens. I like the M-301 mechanical pencil, though there's some nice fluorescent ones with solid metal barrels and grip you can get cheap. Always go with solid barrels or your lead will break. If you erase a lot, you can get white plastic block erasers or retractable stick erasers. Pink is trash.

Windows 10 is a glorified phone/tablet interface with old windows stuff thrown in after the trash that was 8

sweet. thanks you. :D

torrents probably have word but in my opinion libreoffice is superior choise for office work

does anyone know if this laptop has heating/throttling issues? Or is there anything better for

Attached: asus FX705GM-EV101T.jpg (450x306, 31K)

What OS do you use?

I don't understand it, give me a fucking option to uninstall trash that I don't want. What is their intention? The thing is that they give you the option for some of their apps like Print 3D or Microsoft WI-Fi but not for the Xbox shit.

Yeah, I have Word 2007 on my PC but my brother just got a new one for school and I was looking for a download but it's all subs or free download trials.

All i7 laptops have heat issues.

Bad enough that I shouldn't even be considering i7 laptops?

I use 7, and Linux distro here or there at home when I need to. At work we used Win 10, 7, 8, Debian, uh... I used a few more because I was doing technical things.

>what is their intention
Well keeping morons from uninstalling applications related to money making stuff is a good reason. Another is most of the XBox stuff is small, such as drivers or configuration files. A third would be it's probably integrated tightly into the interfaces and kernel stuff, so you can get less latency and better compatibility if nobody's fucking with it.

I get the principle, but if you're mad about this instead of the always-on telemetry or how phones ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a dozen 50mb bullshit apps you can't uninstall, you need to reassess your priorities.

At this point, why not just build a desktop (or buy a pre-built one, if you don't want to bother ordering individual parts) and avoid any cooling issues that *will* eventually happen down the line. You certainly don't absolutely need to be able to bring a GPU beast computer with you everywhere you go. Also, building your own computer will allow you to pick and choose hardware (eg. apparently the 20-series NVidia cards are more optimized for machine-learning and NN operations, and I'm sure various other posters will scream at you to not waste money and to just get a Vega), and potentially save a decent amount of money you can spend on a school/work laptop that won't pin you as that-kid.

Thanks!
Puppy Linux seems nice.

I'll consider an ssd, might be a bit overkill tough, it's just a clunky laptop.

I've been getting by with Pilot pens like supergrip and G2. What's the difference?

Having two computers for his case would be waaaaay cheaper than one.

>$400 laptop (maybe $700 for something decked out) + $1000 pc with smaller cpu and big gpu
>can upgrade desktop
>laptop is light, battery life is good, replacement parts would probably be relatively inexpensive

>$2000+ laptop
>half the performance or worse than the desktop (seriously where are you going to find a 250W+ laptop supply?)
>ram or hd would be replaceable, GPU, CPU, or motherboard would be many hundreds
>need a giant bag
>would have to cancel/pause computations when you want to move the laptop
Only problem I see is if he only has access to the data on the laptop, he might have to transfer it to his desktop over a shit connection or go home first.

sauce?

tried to activate a new installation of windows with the toolkit provided in the pastebin, but to no avail.

>ERROR CODE: 0xC004F074
>ERROR TEXT: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information.

i see that the error code is common for legit activations, what the issue here?

I was recently told a Hyper 212 Evo won't be enough to cool a 8700k, is that true?

If so, what exactly should I be looking for in terms of if a given fan of AIO cooler will be enough to cool a given CPU? I was told the Dark Rock 4 or Thermal Macho Direct would be better and would work for an 8700k, but those don't have tht much higher of a CFM so i'm wondering what I should be actually looking for

Your pencil and pen look verrrrry good. I mention plastic/not solid mechanical pencils because those are the cheaper ones and they're always breaking. I've seen someone use a shitty pencil and they went through at least a whole stick of lead for a small problem because they were on autopilot and just kept breaking the lead. The metal tips on cheaper mechanicals can slide back and forth. If it's the thin tube it's always been in my experience, but if it's a larger triangular tip it may not be. Plastic is garbage.

I like those pens, too. I don't write often and misplace pens so I tend to get cheap boxes of pens, but those ones or ones like those have been good. I did a lot of error-prone work so I have more experience with pencils than pens. 2mm pencils are hard as fuck to use, but 1.3mm write well, though not as precisely.

I also preferred graph paper, even if I was taking notes or writing lengthy stuff. Fuck college ruled.

The fact he'd have to pause his calculations whenever he wanted to move his laptop definitely occurred to me - and you're absolutely right. Getting 2 computers is a much better option than having one. Plus at some point, if he's actually getting into NN computations in research, he'll be doing them on a cluster anyways, and so all that matters is SSHing in, and all that hardware is just to play games on.

>That seems reasonable for cybersecurity
what do you mean by this?

also here's some of the courses offered.

Attached: scan.jpg (1275x1752, 553K)

Did you check the event manager? It actually contains more info, but sometimes not useful.

I forgot about mentioning Puppy, I haven't used it in years so I just know it's normally super lightweight. I can't guarantee office-type applications or modern web browsing would work on it. You could probably get Chrome and whatever on it, though I wouldn't expect vsync to work for videos. Dunno how it is now.

Bought an Aorus Xtreme 2080 Ti a couple weeks ago, started using it and the fans were clipping each other making a click noise. Today I powered PC and display didn't recognise it was connected to anything. Restarted and got this corruption. Restarted a second time and got it again.

Any ideas? I already applied for warranty return where I got it.

Attached: Corruption.jpg (2048x1080, 571K)

Ah, they definitely have the problem of the metal tube gliding back and forth. Up until now I thought it was a feature since most pens I've used have been like that, lmao.
The gel pens are really nice though, even if I've recently tried out a ball-pen with traditional ink, which I really enjoyed writing with.

2mm? 1.3? I use 5mm and think I'm a baller. Wouldn't it just break constantly?

WOW. That contains a lot more security related stuff than I'd expect for IT. Normal IT gives you the impression of well, information and technology management. Systems, applications, network. I don't know. The reason IT was always a meme program is for troubleshooting and setting up computers/networks, there isn't enough content for four years, by a long shot.

>what do you mean by this?
I assume my assumption of IT is like most peoples, it would be focuses on hardware/set-up/network skills. Criminal Justice would involve legal aspects, ethical prosecution and prevention, etc. So someone with education in both would be pretty set for a Cybersecurity job. If someone only had IT I'd assume they'd go in as a software/networking consultant for a company, and work for the real cybersecurity people who had more details on access and information control, and some legal stuff.

look eerily familiar.
memory fucked, it looks like refund/warranty o clock

how do i access the event manager?

Your pencil is .5mm. zero-point-five if you prefer numbers that way. 1.3mm is nearly twice the diameter of a .7mm, and 2mm is just ridiculous. I think the lead for those pencils was lousy because it was hard to write with.

The sliding triangle tip is annoying because although it may be better than plastic, it still breaks lead more often than the thin metal tubes. That's only about pencils. I've never seen pens with more variety than ball vs gel. All of them can smear if you're sweaty, don't let anyone fool you.

Depends? "Computer Management" in the start menu search brings it up for me. You may have to go digging around in the control panel, "admin" or "my computer" stuff

Sad. Thanks friend

Pls give salsa

GPU corruption definitely. Looks almost like a virus because of the random x/o's versus just shitty blocks of corrupted pixels. I could see a 2080 TI overheating and breaking itself.

Why does nobody make headsets with mics that don't hang in front of your face but fucking Razer? I asked /hpg/ but they just recommended me the same shit over and over and told me to fuck off because they don't seem to know anything outside of their meta.
Is there a headset of decent quality which allows me to raise/hide/whatever the microphone and have it still work perfectly in that state, or will I have to settle for razershit?

nvm found it

>Why does nobody make headsets with mics that don't hang in front of your face
what?

I'm not reaching turbo boost speeds on my machine. Supposedly I have it turned on and it shows higher than non-turbo most of the time, but when I fire something up that takes 100% it limits itself at max non-turbo frequency. It's not even a temperature issue because I'm getting at worst 43C on full load.

What the heck?

found it. no useful info there.

is there another activation tool? or is this still the best one?

Most mics are built into wires, or have little tiny booms like 90 degrees from your mouth. They're SHIT.

Logitech should have some decent ones. I'm sure you'd get plenty of flak for it, but afaik they sound alright for casual use. Maybe they have higher-tier ones.

Normal turbo is if the cpu is under thermal limits, SOME cores overclock. If all cores are 100% though, even with thermal headroom it probably wouldn't overclock. It's point is low-percents are sped up, but heavy percents aren't. You can just straight overclock if your cpu supports it (good goy) or would be stable.

actually I didn't, pls gib sauß

If you're on MBR you can use Daz Loader, if GPT, you can use an auto-demo thing (IR5, IR7) for six months before reinstalling it (need an install disk + the comment prompt trick, I don't think safe mode works). Maybe there's enterprise keys. Haven't had to activate windows recently so can't help you any more.

Oh, I see!
So which one do you use? So far I've grown to like .5 B (I like the way you wrote zero-point-five). You need to keep turning your pen around to rotate to continue using the sharp end since it angles quickly, but it looks and feels nicer to me, and breaks less too.
Better to draw with too, for whatever that's worth.

So the thin metal tubes are the best ones then?
Gel has been very nice for many years but I like the humbleness of the ink coming from a ballpen. They're nice to write with too. I can't do cursive really but there's still a lot of flow you can get with the ballpens.

I got a new hard drive for my computer, but I'm gonna be replacing it over the month with new parts. If I put it in my computer now and install an OS on it, will I have to do anything to it once I switch CPUs/mobos? I don't think I do, but I'd like to be sure.

incidentally, could using my new hard drive with my old, possibly busted CPU fuck it up?

thats the full picture

building a hackintosh. i'm between a ryzen 2600 and a i5 7400. normal usage, dualboot for games, some production (no video, ableton mostly). i'm aware that amd "is more more unstable on macos" but i also see a lot of successful builds, and the ryzen seems to be a much better processor and costs exactly the same. fuck. thoughts?

Attached: 1543342727317.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Most mics are built into wires, or have little tiny booms like 90 degrees from your mouth. They're SHIT.
So what exactly do you want then?
A fucking mic hanging from the top band between your eyes?
Mics have been like that since the 80's. The mic dosent even need to be right on your mouth, the mics are sensitive enough to pick up your voice. Have you never seen a bluetooth earpeice before?
>They're shit
Logitech g430's are solid for voice.

i refuse to believe

fuck, i formatted this ssd as gpt when i installed windows. should i have done it some other way? is this the cause of the problem?

I usually use .5 pencils. .7 is suitable, and when working with other people (I tutored math/science) I liked 1.3mm, probably because it was easier for both of us to see and I definitely didn't worry about it breaking.

I felt .5 was always sharp, and .7 might have smoothed but not noticeably. I didn't draw, just problems and very short notes. I never took lengthy notes.

I always wrote in cursive, after I was forced to in second or third grade. Some studies show cursive tends to be a lot easier for ADHD people, which I identify with. I write printing when I'm doing incomplete sentences/short notes, but all my writing was in cursive. Pen also helped there because I couldn't erase it. I have difficulty starting writing, so with pencil I'd restart over and over or get fixated on a sentence I didn't like, same happened with typing. Once I got the first bits down in pen I could burn out a page or two. I'd transfer it to computer later if needed, and continue from there.

P.s. there's .3mm pencils but they break a lot and tear through paper.

help pls