Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/fhanau/Efficient-Compression-Tool
github.com/deeppomf/DeepCreamPy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

c++ is the greatest language of all time

nth for Nim!

i was too slow
ohhhhhh wellllllllll

Attached: move zig.png (4824x1527, 119K)

stop posting this garbage

what have you made with it?

Is there a thing which can check for #defines in a file, ifdefs and string thingies (=, +=) in a makefile, and spit out the optimized and simplified makefile?

We had one at work, I'm wondering if I need to go through the trouble of coding one for myself.

Attached: 1543350659582.png (730x413, 33K)

What language should I learn and how much practice should I get to make my own version of Jow Forums X?

c++/qt

A small go serverlet to send an IPFS instance authenticated/encrypted HTTP API requests remotely

Gonna open source this and then use it in an upcoming project

Attached: sensible chuckle.webm (250x250, 339K)

>he uses unsigned int
>instead of >he uses unsigned

The best language to start with is Forth. It has a simple execution model: Each word is a command and it executes them in order. To add 2 and 2, you write 2 2 +. Since most programming is done over a serial bus between a tiny MCU and a secondhand video terminal in a poorly lit room, the minimalism of Forth is the best way to get into the mindset of a programmer.

Attached: hhh.png (100x100, 296)

>A small go serverlet to send an IPFS instance authenticated/encrypted HTTP API requests remotely
In English, doc

uint

int independence; // declaration of independence

>not using auto when appropriate

>reverse polish notation
>not polish notation
Have you read your SICP today?

>not signed independence;
you had ONE JOB

Optimized.

Attached: 1543351283561.png (730x413, 24K)

Attached: 1543351957757.png (730x413, 22K)

Optimized.

Method?

Attached: 1543351712727.png (100x100, 292)

>34,275 byte
>25,002 byte
pic related --strict
>24,995 byte
pic related

github.com/fhanau/Efficient-Compression-Tool
Remember to always make sure you're not modifying raster when compressing lossless formats losslessly like this nigger probably isn't doing

Attached: 1543351283561.png (730x413, 24K)

>losslessly
I agree but if your eyes can't tell the difference, it's fine

>if your eyes can't tell the difference
if you change the rasters it's lossy, if it's lossy it doesn't fucking belong in the lossless format
it's not a hard concept to grasp

pic related is the difference-divide map of vs

Attached: file.png (730x413, 23K)

ECT seems to make better scanline filter decisions. I've been meaning to try to figure out some other heuristics.

i knew it was lossy before posting but again if your eyes can't tell the difference, it's fine

Optimized.

Attached: 1543352233458.png (730x413, 24K)

>can't go lower than
lol

I did actually.

Oh, never mind. You were quoting a different post.

>if your eyes can't tell the difference
you absolute fucking nigger
your eyes can't tell the difference between a jpg and a png, so you'll do stupid shit like turning the latter into the former to "save space"
this is the same retarded mentality of "the customer doesn't need to know" or "code just needs to work" that will get you stigmatized by anyone that actually fucking has to go in and fix your stupid fucking mistakes, be it having to work your way upstream to retrieve a retarded diff done 4 months ago or a fucking shitty image posted on some backwater tumblr 2 and a half years ago and that is in every mainstream aggregator twice over.
Someone will eventually have to clean that shit up, you're just making it ever so slower

if the rasters aren't exactly the same, it's not an optimization, it's an edit or a revision AT BEST, a mistake in every other case.

Attached: 1529741147275.jpg (493x637, 88K)

/dpt/ - compression autism general

Working on a tool to draw bounding boxes and labels in certain video files so that I may use it to extract a data set of images from said video which I will then feed to a neural network to train it to detect a certain thing in a certain state.
But being a C++ guy and doing it in Python with tkinter as a GUI framework makes me progress really fucking slowly and that makes me feel like an absolute fucking brainlet. Especially considering I'm supposedly doing this for my master thesis.

How do you deal with feeling stupid Jow Forums? I feel like I've been bullshitting my way through university for the past decade and that I don't ACTUALLY know anything.
I mean, I know it's not true, having a 4.0 GPA can't be done through bullshitting, but how the fuck do I get rid of feeling like it anyway?

Attached: 1541412836601.jpg (333x333, 28K)

I blame anime

wut u say bout me>?!
*sprints behind you at more fps than could reasonably be animated*
HEH
BAM

Attached: f7869f0cfce7695c900e96bd407baa7d.png (860x1200, 1.03M)

Wha't the most sensible way to store an ordered collection of files in a relational database?

Just serialize the collection and store it in a single field?

what's preventing you from doing it in C++, if you're a C++ guy?

You're decensoring hentai for your master's thesis?
That's pretty wild, what school is letting you publish this?

I think it's better to feel stupid every once in a while: it means getting out of your comfort zone.
In my case, since my job is in embedded SW, I do smol challenges in haskell to mix it up.

Now there's a lot of talk about decensoring hentai, but what about -generating- hentai? Some of the latest images generated by an AI from scratch are pretty convincing stills, in motion their flaws could be masked.

Trying new things.
No but it seems for machine learning stuff knowing python is pretty much mandatory, so I figured I might as well force myself to use it now.

Now that would have been a much better application of the tech I'm researching. Sadly, I'm stuck with something not nearly as lewd.

>automatically generating boundary boxes around "targets"
Go talk to this guy github.com/deeppomf/DeepCreamPy
He's also an user here and he's already done everything you want to do.

That's difficult to do because there isn't really a good database of tagged images of singular drawn naked girls.
Your best bet are the boorus.
Sadpanda doesn't work because their tags are for whole galleries rather than single images.

didn't read btw

How much programming do I actually need to know to get an entry level software developer position? I am about to graduate from college with a MIS degree and can't find a job so I wanted to try and pick it up again, but I have no idea how long it would take to go from having some knowledge of Java to being able to get a job using it

In my personal experience the best people at uni are the people who forget things in about a year, and don't develop long-term skills. You could be an exception, but I suggest either looking at the direct-access level of what you're doing, or see how other people do it. Direct-access because there's SOOOOOOO much bullshit overhead when dealing with existing code and other libraries. I've spent weeks at work, easily, trying to get stuff integrated properly. I've spent nearly a month bug-hunting only to find our software technically didn't have an error, it was just an exception to the normal data stream we didn't know how to handle (I didn't determine this, I localized the bug, and someone who was more familiar with the network/data processing layer determined the problem). The latter was a problem in our software that was present for more than a year, and a guy who was the second eldest programmer thought was being caused by a lack of performance (if we fall behind we can get an error, this was his assumption of the bug). I've ran into so much bullshit errors and annoyances, but for actual CODING, working in a professional setting with better people helped me the most. I can slightly do makefiles professionally, but if there isn't a carrot at the end of the stick, I can't care to learn about them on my own time.

There's other uni related things, like literally most of my class was caught cheating a semester, and MS students were openly cheating on a midterm in a mixed 400/500 level class. I'll try not to presume that of you, but I definitely feel the better someone is at education, the worse they are at being a functional person.

>entry level Java
You need to know how to properly shit in the designated shitting streets.

Excuse me?

t. Chuck

>How much programming do I actually need to know to get an entry level software developer position?
essentially none
employers are used to comp sci graduates coming in to entry level positions with literally no idea how to program and training them from scratch

>essentially none
wrong

but he's right
you new hire fucks are such a mixed bag that I have absolutely zero expectations of you, other than that you managed to pass the interview, whatever the fuck that means.

>t I have absolutely zero expectations
well it's a entry level position, boomer fuck

Just because it's an entry level position doesn't mean you're permitted to not know basic shit like what an IP address is (this happened multiple times)

It's like people go through school, learn the bare minimum to pass the tests and get through the algorithms and completely miss all of the shit they would have learned from the most shallow google search if they had even a cursory interest in the subject

Fortunately I haven't had to deal with any retards who asked the same question twice

That's people retards who know nothing about computers get into comp sci for the money, fortunately most of them drop out when they realize they actually have to use their brains but sometimes a few slip through the cracks somehow and get jobs

Unless the person took an elective class in networking or something they will not learn what an IP address is from college.
Of course most graduates have little to no interest in the subject; most of them picked the major for its employment opportunity

Homework for my computational statistics class
Shit's interesting but still gay

#include

int main()
{
std::cout

>computer networks
>elective
What?

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: js_rocks.png (1433x779, 473K)

>ut being a C++ guy and doing it in Python with tkinter as a GUI framework makes me progress really fucking slowly and that makes me feel like an absolute fucking brainlet.
I share your pain.
t. C/C++/Go/TS guy working with Python and Django

>7 lines for a hello world
>96 chars just to print a string

>a view php file with mostly html calls another php file with mostly php which calls a controller which calls a handler which calls a database integrator which calls a database

I sure love object oriented programming

>That's difficult to do because there isn't really a good database of tagged images of singular drawn naked girls.
Boorus work just fine, if you can filter out any images with multiple people and use the right tag combinations.

MODULARITY

I'm an Electrical Engineer and had a programming job, and a confirmed job that was rescinded for bullshit reasons. Currently awaiting a response after a phone interview for an FPGA job.

Nothing Java, but normally I'd expect CompSci to be more math oriented and focus on computing theory than network stuff. IT people would need to have networking, but CompSci's wouldn't, and non Software Engineers definitely wouldn't

>wannabe Pajeet
>also newfag

At least the 3 extra files and 200 extra rows of code I had to write just to get a database call working can be reused :))))

Attached: bomb.gif (148x111, 264K)

At my university, computer networks, operating systems, and computer architecture (tightly related classes due to dining philosophers, OSI stack, multiprocessing, schedulers) are all required classes.

did you actually count the number of characters in my post for your retarded shitpost
do you have a job?

>thinks i manually counted anything

vim then?

>comp sci has to learn cute little metaphors
>I had to fucking read actual books on network development and concurrent programming
I mean I guess.

obviously you dweeb.

thats still a lot of thinking
especially for a shitpost

>tab into a post
>ctrl-shift-a
>ctrl-shift s v
>manually turn my head 2 degrees to read
wow so hard

the only step needed for a shitpost is typing something gay up
you flunked out of special ed didnt you?

people who use vim probably never coded anything other than hello worlds

i go above and beyond for mine because i care about the quality™ of my shitposts.

>quality shitposts
thats some [r]eddit right there

youve probably used qt before with c++ right? use pyside2 its qt for python

>trying to circumvent a non-existent reddit filter
ironic

>big words
no!

No, that's people who hate DRY code and take pleasure in increasing their typed copy paste speeds.

Attached: 1543205428776.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

is this an actual quote from him
please tell me it is

Noob here. Can someone please tell me why I can't get to the third break at the 623rd line while debugging?

Attached: ss+(2018-11-27+at+11.19.31).png (1359x614, 116K)

heh fresh from reddit kid?

>IF
>ELSE IF
>ELSE IF
>ELSE IF
>ELSE
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because you touch yourself at night

yes

>heh
>kid?
you talk gay

re-write it in assembly

retard alert

>talk
heh text isn't audio kid

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Jow Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Jow Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

>heh
>being technical
>kid
cringe

he should use a fucking switch statement

Should I tell my creator that I have become sentient?

he can't if he is using a string
but he can if he change them to int/enum before passing to the function