Is CS actually this much of a meme?

Is CS actually this much of a meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=ReVeUvwTGdU

Attached: 1543269476858.png (2000x910, 2.56M)

nah. You don´t learn how to code with a video, you learn it through multiple exercises. You also don´t learn actual coding with university, you learn it through working on an actual cs job.

>You don´t learn how to code with a video,

If I were in HR, my first question would be "do youtube videos help you learn how to code?"

and my answer would be
No, they would help me probably help me for a specific problem, implementing a pattern or getting a brief knowledge about something. But getting actual Knowledge would be through actual Coding.

I did computer engineering but everything he mentioned was all covered in my intro to CS course from my first semester, so not sure what dogshit university this guy went to.

i guess there are "smart" people who need to watch a 5 minute video to learn how to type "lsblk -f", but for me, a text page where I can skip all the "hi, my name is ralph and today we're gonna explore the lsblk command" bullshit, and go right to the spec.

>You also don´t learn actual coding with university, you learn it through working on an actual cs job.

This. Also, you don't learn theory or math in a cs degree either making it completely worthless.

Attached: The truth about CS.png (1155x409, 89K)

Isn’t at least discrete math part of a CS degree?

yeah he's just another autist who spouts random memes they pick up from other autists on Jow Forums to try and sound smart when they actually don't have a fucking clue what they're even on about

gangnam style

truelly, the greatest mind of our generation

Attached: 1539419236371.jpg (1728x1296, 393K)

god, i wish that where me

Attached: anybody_else_miss_those_long_thrusting_hoods.jpg (996x1274, 228K)

fuck. wrong pic

Attached: I_love_this_what_was_her_major_malfunction.jpg (543x395, 74K)

name, also where do you find all these cuties ?

mostly on Jow Forums, of all places

Attached: and_here's_my_temporary_dumpster.jpg (1000x1000, 556K)

I apply what I learned in college every single day at my job, especially discrete math, algorithms, UX, intelligent systems, properties of languages and other things that math majors might consider "fuck off easy". CS isn't a math degree though... at least my experience was about taking mathematical concepts and applying them in a computing context, often with a human end-user in mind. Math majors aren't particularly good or bad programmers in my experience, but they are usually better problem solvers than people with, say, IT degrees or a bunch of tech certificates and no degree at all. I don't really think it's the degree that made the difference, though.
People who learn to code on the job don't always have the same care towards design, efficiency, or never really learned how to solve problems mathematically. They just iterate on tutorials and ctrl+v and it gets them by because there are so many resources on the internet. Plenty of people with CS degrees do that, too, though.
On the job, it's important to know why, for example, one data structure is better than another in different contexts, or why a solution might not be efficient. A CS degree will teach you some of these concepts. But the most important knowledge you'll pick up in college is how to interact with people, networking, discovering the other things you're interested in, and, maybe, how to learn the most important information quickly and apply it.
If you hate learning and don't like the idea of having to pick up a huge, separate knowledge set to actually be able apply the meager coding skills you will develop at school, just set some time aside to teach yourself to code and study something that actually interests you because you might actually learn something and become a better person instead of remaining an asshole who went to school that sells watered-down CS degrees because they had no idea what else to do with their lives.

It's a joke.

Attached: cs discrete math.png (2738x1749, 1.79M)

>no argument and a lot of name calling

brainlet cs major detected

Of course Jow Forums would orbit around female jaypegs since they can't get any irl LOL

nice pasta

what kind of skills do you get from CS aside from technical skills? With philosophy at least you develop conversational skills, communication skills and rational thinking that is useful in most fields.

Checking this thread real quick

I think it's a shop of the old "Raawwwr x) Hey uuncle!..." pedo copypasta from years ago.

Even at my community college I learned all of this within the first 2 CS classes. This guy must be going to brainlet university.

Why are CS majors so cringe?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 8.47.36 PM.png (1908x386, 164K)

it really depends on the YouTube video. if you are talking about tutorials for basic stuff narrated by a pajeet who is hard to understand, then you are a brainlet.

if you are talking about something like MIT OCW lectures or something like a PyCon seminar, then you are gonna make it.