Apple sucks

OH NO NO NO!

>creating native apps for macs using Microsoft's superior programming language

Attached: 1532212262805.png (710x648, 453K)

Superior to what? Java?
How incredibly impressive.

to all.

ML.NET more like MN.LET

COPE

You post this shit in every Apple thread. When will you stop being obsessed with Apple?

I never ever go into apple threads. it's just retards screeching at apple for things other companies do too. turns out there are a lot of people on this board except for you and me.

It is. The jvm is an incredible accomplishment of software engineering. The language itself has warts, and that's where C# is clearly superior, but the runtime is solid.

>t. seething ipajeet

>The language itself has warts
Isn't that what Scala and Kotlin are for?

Yep. I dearly hope Kotlin just flat out deprecates the Java language.

When are they going to make a cross-platform GUI SDK? I don't think they can make WPF cross-platform.

I understand that Kotlin has been growing in popularity in the past 3 years, but Scala has been around for 14 years and never managed to dethrone the Java language as the primary language for the JVM. What makes you think that Kotlin will be different?

It's shilled 100x more. But note that I said "hope", not "expect". Java is a fucking titan.

True, too many enterprise devs are used to writing in Java and would rather keep it that way rather than rewrite all their old tech in a new language.
Don't get me wrong, I've been working with Kotlin on Android, and it's a dream compared to writing apps in Java. I just wish backend could see the light.

Found Rakesh

Attached: E380343C-BF3A-4540-BD91-34F11BDBE929.jpg (2048x3646, 1.48M)

The jvm is also pretty crap. .net vm is even worse somehow though. Azul products are also only meaningful if you have dedicated (non-generic) hardware for them. It is impressive what they managed to do but it's always just too far to be any good.

What the fuck are you talking about, both just werk and are sanic fast.

>WinForms
JUST LET IT DIE YOU PAJEET FUCKS

Attached: poohshake.gif (320x287, 781K)

Both leak memory over a program's lifetime and have ridiculous bad case pauses (can't even call them worst case, because even the 90% quantile is fucked in decent usage).
Both are reasonably fast, but you have to be extra careful and fight against the language to have decent speed without resorting to calling native code in practice, because the jits do a bad job with things like needless boxing/unboxing among other issues.
Performance also obviously very much depends on the implementation used. .net core, last I checked, was still a buggy piece of unusable garbage that plain didn't run shit and was usually much slower than mainstream .net. Mono, as everyone knows, has always been extra slow, too.

>memory leaks in jvm

Wut? Nigga it has fucking garbage collection.

You're obviously just absurdly mislead. Memory leaks don't happen unless you're retarded. I have message processing services on dotnet full with months of uptime and no increase in memory usage after warmup. I also have web applications I've written with similar uptime with no gradual increase in usage, and I have a sonarr and radarr instance with again, months of uptime with no increase in usage. In a place I once worked there were java services (part of a medical records backend) with years of uptime. Fucking years. These runtimes do not leak. You have to try to leak memory in both languages.
Garbage collection will happen and it will take up to several milliseconds. Oops. If you don't like it you can halfway manage shit yourself by avoiding making and destroying objects all the time. You can also tell the garbage collector to run when it's more convenient, but in practice you basically don't need to give a fuck unless you're being an idiot with memory.
Boxing and unboxing in dotnet is easily avoided. The jitter isn't going to randomly decide to do it, your code determines if a boxing operation is performed. I don't know what this is like in Java, but I doubt it's difficult to avoid over there too.
Performance is great. Sometimes a particular feature in the standard library is slow (see: dotnet regex) get over it, you can use a different implementation if it's a problem. Performance of dotnet core was beta quality a year ago because it was a beta runtime. It's faster than full now and if you read between the lines, the full framework is depreciated.

The productivity gains you get from using C# or Java far outweigh the cons for most situations. You can easily get performance when you need it by being careful, and everywhere else you can be lazy and rest assured that things will be beyond fast enough.

>still cant make gui's for linux or mac
>superior

what?

How do you make guis for linux or mac using C++?

ty

>desktop packs Windows only
>will probably work just fine on Mono

Qt.

>Don't get me wrong, I've been working with Kotlin on Android, and it's a dream compared to writing apps in Java. I just wish backend could see the light.
Truth is, in the backend it does not really benefit you to work with kotlin, modern (read 10+) Java is pretty clean and allows you to write code resembling kotlin aswell. Using kotling is just extra steps. Where I can see kotlin being useful are android apps though, since that was absolute aids to deal with in java

Clojure is also pretty great for backend, especially with Clojurescript frontend.

>Clojure
So lisp on the jvm? Looks interesting certainly. I wouldn't use it in production just yet, maybe I'll give it a go in a personal project. The Spring integration does not seem very maintained though

And what's stopping you from using qt with C#? There are options for bindings.

>another electron shell
>only using shitty .net technologies

why?

Wow I can't wait to run quality Windows software on my mac

>Said no one ever.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 08.22.41.png (694x714, 176K)