Reasons to use Firefox in 2012

reasons to use Firefox in 2012
>lightweight
>privacy focused
>customizable

reasons to use Firefox in 2018
>

Just switch over to brave, already. You're fucked no matter what, if you stick with Firefox. And that includes its forks

Attached: cosplay_fiesta_2013_no_101___firefox_by_viktalon-d6ys3f7.jpg (1024x1365, 199K)

>brave
funny way to spell vivaldi.

So what's so great about brave besides the integrated adblocking? Isn't it just another chrome clone?

I think this (once again) boils down to spooky SJWs being a bigger concern than anything else, really.

Give me one reason I should use Firefox instead of chromium. There is no difference anymore

Idk, the built in adblock is noticeably worse than ublock. Brave is only worth if for some reason you can't or can't be bothered to customize.

Dark theme. That's my only beef with chromium. I still use it though.

It's still customizable. You can arrange the symbols as you like. Also the UI is pretty good imo. One of the biggest flaw of Chrome. It's just ugly.
Currently testing Vivaldi and Opera as a replacementto Firefox, if needed.
But that hasn't been necessary yet.

Brave is nice on phones.

Firefox is just slow and tends to be half a year behind chrome on implementing new stuff from w3c. It's currently on par with edge when it comes to html5 score.

>not using edge

Attached: 1536675896363.png (645x729, 52K)

>butthurt chromefag sad cause their browser is trash

Vivaldi is slow as shit

I use it for the inbuilt tor support

Attached: 1536707567492.png (625x682, 125K)

>edgetard mad cause their spied on by microsoft

>not turning off your internet so that they cant spy on you

Attached: 15366457807.png (326x294, 67K)

>plebbit tier response

>being cucked by firefox this hard

Attached: 1346769047.png (645x729, 66K)

sameposter

Attached: 1536636264641.jpg (442x500, 8K)

Firefox is shit, Brave is shit, Vivaldi is shit. I love Chrome but it is too fucking heavy and is Google spyware

Jackpot.
There is no good browser.

>brave is shit
>I love chrome
Brave is literally chromium now

May give it a try, tried brave two or three years ago and it was shit, how light is it compared to everything else?

Chromium has much more plugins though and can be configured to remove botnet

Can I remove wallet icon in urlbar now?

I use emacs so I don't care

about:config

It would be a nightmare moving from Chrome to somewhere else primarily because my bookmarks and passwords

>Saving passwords in your browser

It is the most convenient, where else would I store them?

pastebin

I've been using Firefox since 2004 and I've always seen meme threads like this. First it was IE7, then it was Opera, and a bunch of other dead browsers.

Unlike all of those, Firefox still stands.

Attached: 2018-11-28-000227_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.84M)

is a .txt file on my computer okay?

No, it must be stored on someone else's server.

>Implying Brave isn't as shit as every other browser out there. Try Beaker Browser, or just code your own

>just code your own
hahahahaha, to browser what? Certainly not the any common websites.

Brave is just a bad chromium skin

Brave is just as worse as Firefox and Chrome included. What makes you think it's big difference in privacy, gtfo dude

Anyone in Jow Forums isn't browsing "common" websites. Get out Normie

Which websites are you browsing?

actual reasons not to use firefox listed itt: 0

i moved to palemoon ages ago

Brave is a browser for C u c k s

Well, ya caught me using Jow Forums, so i will give you that. I don't do Social Media though, as it is pure cancer.

firefox looked better until the garbage known as quantam, now i use waterfox to maintain the original look

Brave is built on top of chromium and then can therefore use all of the addons chromium does
They recently switched the name of the package though, so you need to reinstall it (not just update)
The old one was limited to like 8 plugins

I haven't needed it since I have 16 gigabytes of ram (and only have a browser open)
I have about 3 windows open, and probably 20 tabs in total. And I estimate it's using less than a gigabyte. It's kinda hard to measure because it does that thing where every tab is its own process
In total I'm using 5.5 gigabytes, have a lot of shit open like steam, vscode, nextcloud, and Thunderbird. I also use KDE. So < 1 gigabyte seems like a good estimate

Use a password manager like GNU pass or Keepass XC. It's more secure than having them as plaintext for anyone to see.

My nigga

Shitty touchscreen support
Slower than Chromium
Somehow more of a memory hog than Chromium
Run by cucks and SJWs
Need I go on?

Are you serious? Holy shit I guess I'm making the switch, I tried it a couple years ago and it sucked then

This. Qutebrowser's coming up though.

Is it though? I really like the idea of keyboard support but I've tried it and it's pretty slow. Is there any reason to use it over Chromium/Firefox+Vimium?

It's really really really not slow. It's using roughly the same rendering as chrome, all hardware accelerated. It's lacking some real features but barebones support for shit like userscripts and (meh) adblocking and keyboard are light and fast and a good start. It's a very usable lightweight secondary browser, not sure if it's ready to compete for primary though.

>inbuilt tor support
that's a horrible idea. there's a reason tor browser is published as a separate browser rather than an extension.

Reminder that Brave is literally adware. It just replaces ads on the web with its own (((acceptable ads))), and steals the revenue

Attached: BraveAdware.jpg (1080x1071, 165K)

hosting isnt free

and consuming is a charity?

Those are very big boobies