NBN

Who here has it?

>Live next two three big schools, and a private school that's a couple hundreds meters away
>My street still hasn't got NBN

I don't fucking understand, it seems like only the rich and newer suburbs / street got NBN over everyone else. I'm here stuck on 1.5mbps sharing with 3 people.

Attached: nbn-logo-og.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/nbn-fixed-wireless-designed-for-512kbps-committed-rate-then-streaming-happened/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>begging for the police state cock

Attached: 1419628128034.jpg (598x465, 187K)

Lets be honest why roll it out to the poor areas that are less likely to use it when they can provide a poor service to people who pay for dumb shit already?

>that are less likely to use it

How do you know?

I got shitty coalition NBN but luckily I'm close to the node so I basically get full 100/40
In a middle class suburb

Op here, I'm middle class as well. Going to get the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial, basically cable (using the standard foxtel port) while fiber is going from the port to the node/exchange.

I should get similar speeds, but fucking when?

I do. I got a breddy gud deal too.
> 100 down
> 40 up
> unlimited
> $60 per month
But yeah, NBN fucking sucks. I dont have a static IP, unless I get the gaymer package.

myrepublic? II was on that deal too, I thought they changed us to 50 down 20 up for $10 more though.

Has oz gone full police state? I thought they were just nannies.

>I dont have a static IP
Why would you need one?

And if you DO need one, why wouldnt you just pay for it?

If you don't need one...why the fuck do you care?

Almost all ISPs these days use sticky dynamic IPs for consumer connections.

Attached: 2018-11-19 09_36_47.png (1107x269, 157K)

What the fuck is NBN?

Attached: shit.png (937x971, 155K)

Must feel good finally being able to flex something in your life.

Attached: 2018-11-27 21_45_58.png (1127x878, 65K)

>so I basically get full 100/40

how does it feel?

>500 up and only 30 down

html seems edited.

Attached: 6a6.jpg (491x315, 37K)

no, just shitty DOCSIS.

he probably pays for gigabit.

It's supposed to be 1gbps/40mbps, I haven't finished configuring my new Juniper EX4200 switch to talk to my router yet so I'm not getting full throughput on my home network.

I moved to a new estate that was made while NBN FttP was still a thing, getting super stable fibre optic connection at full speed all the time. It's great for me, but tsucks for everyone else on Coalition NBN.

It's a fucking joke fixed wireless is horrible I've seen it go lower like 50kb/s
zdnet.com/article/nbn-fixed-wireless-designed-for-512kbps-committed-rate-then-streaming-happened/
If anyone is thinking about getting this nbn fixed wireless 25mbit or 50mbit don't you never get it each tower Onky gets 1.5gbit between 300 people

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-28-13-55-26-02.png (1080x1920, 202K)

Yes. Im just not upgrading my plan. They legally cant downgrade me

I want to be able to ssh into home. Keep a private server. Also, the only way i can het static is to not only do i have to leave my current plan. I have to upgrade to a full business package. Way too expensive.

you Aussies and your bitching about ISPs
you're so cute

Attached: Screen_Shot_2012-12-11_at_8.42.48_AM.jpg (1200x800, 55K)

it's not exactly difficult or expensive to get a hostname for your server and have it update via DNS like any sane person.

This would cost maybe a couple bucks a month at most.

>gun control
already a police state

They block port forwarding. Granted this could probably be fixed with my own router. Ive also looked at dynamic dns as probably the cheapest option. But getting a static ip will cost minimum $90 per month (there is no static ip addon). And that plan wont even be as good as my current plan. I think its got a data cap of 500gb. Ridiculous.

you complain too much.

>Planned to be available from Dec 2018

Attached: 1534035765304.webm (1280x720, 437K)

I live in a pretty average area and have had FTTH for years lads
Even the housing commission hellholes have it around here, it's not really about financials and more about them targetting key electorates and unusual areas for practice (which they fucked up and only ended up slowing themselves down with).

When you live in an area, with 3 big schools and no one has NBN. You know the priority is backwards and they are a bunch of clueless idiots.

Someone has to lose and I'm just glad it wasn't me

I can only get 50/20 in this Asian suburb, and pre NBN it was 100/2. Could be worse but they better realise how stupid changing this whole thing was.

Feels bretty good but my mobile is still faster

i know someone with 100/40 or so
>she downloads 350M sdtv rips and watches them on a 4k hdr tv

I download some SDTV rips, but generally it's stuff that was never broadcast in anything higher def.

forgot to add mine

i'm talking latest releases

Attached: a.png (891x672, 65K)

that's just cancerous.

I'm on BTN and grab most things in 1080p or 4k when available, but to purposefully grab SD when its available in 720/1080 is just retarded.

Storage space is cheap as fuck these days to boot.

i ()
get 1080p web-dl's most of the time (tv shows and some seasonal-tier movies), remuxes for movies i really like

For movies i'll grab 4k if it's available, otherwise i'll grab high bitrate 1080p encodes from a bluray remux (not a fan of Webdl stuff)

FTTP for years already cunt

it's ok

I'm on HFC with myrepublic, this costs $97 month

Attached: HFC.png (1086x846, 52K)

Yeah I’ve got it
It’s slow as shit, we never got the FTTC/FTTP only FTTN, and I think the entire thing is shit anyway, speeds are slower than before. On a good day I can get around 14mbps but once I got 120.
My private school has gigabit fibre since 2013 because private companies can roll out fibre faster than out government lmao

Your too complacent with our shitty internet situation.

8 euroshekels/month
100 Down 100 Up
Gigabit 1000 Down 1000 Up available for 20 euroshekels a month.

Attached: lulamerimutts.jpg (1440x2560, 73K)

>dad and grandparents all live in good suburbs
>not rich but big blocks of land and close to everything so the median house price is high
>still on ADSL2+, NBN not even scheduled to be installed
>i live in shit rental on housing commission street
>whole street is NBN ready
what the fuck are they doing? poor people don't even use home broadband

Attached: 1310496497472.jpg (203x152, 15K)

all the cunts in houso near me have modern cars, massive teles and regularly chuck out leather lounges on a cleanup every couple years
i refuse to believe the majority of people in housing commission are actually poor anymore

Considering they're spending it all on that garbage, they are poor by choice.

centrelink hands out so much cash it isn't funny

>Had fixed wireless but that went to shit as everybody in the area was on it
>trees grew over time (I live on a slope), connection would cut out all the time
>Only 4G Vodafone available, expensive AF
>Cucked with 3mbps copper shit for past 10 years and tried everything to avoid it
>No NBN until 2020
Fucking bullshit

>Grandparents live in remote town
>Mostly oldies live there
>First to get FTTH rollout
>literally 100mbps 24/7 with 999 packets to google dns at 25ms, 1 being 26ms.

>Uncle lives in the suburbs
>Hardly even knows what the Internet is
>Gets FTTN
>Rock solid 50/20

>bitch at work has 100/40 FTTH
>other bitch complains about 35mbps being too slow

Not fair bros.

Attached: ss (2018-08-10 at 04.54.49).png (482x88, 7K)

Lol if your a nigger/abbo maybe but whites get fuck all I'm a carer only get 500aud a week

>only 500 a week

and you want more? get fucked. People get paid 400-500 a fortnight.

lol, we've had FTTN for two years now. After switching to Optus for $70/month, we get a nice throttled 2.4MB/s (19.2Mb/s) down with outages ~20% of the time.

It's ridiculous how fucked this country's internet is

I pay 67aud for 100 mbps ftth feel ripped off honestly.

yeah carers get tons of money but niggers can get that just for being niggers

This is what we get for letting moron swing voters and minority governments

Lol fuck you asshat it's barely enough to live on
Lucky I get 50kb/s on fixed wireless peak and goes down all the time costs stupid amounts of money 70aud for 25mbit I never get
Exactly
Fuck that jealous wagerager

How would you do this if your ISP was using Carrier Grade NAT?

>Lol fuck you asshat it's barely enough to live on

Cancel your foxtel sub then, cunt.

Do u live in the real world? I barely grt any savings between the fucking stupid cost of living and I live in my mums basement
I'm here to bitch about the nbn not justify shit to u fuck head piss off

>and I live in my mums basement

Thanks for proving you have no expenses besides manga dolls, fuck you. You obviously claimed autism or some other mental condition just to get welfare and have me pay for you with my tax money.

>gets 500 a fucking week while living with mum
>cant afford 70 a month

Attached: 51OIRoxklRL.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Who the fuck wants to pay $70aud for 50kb/s? What the fuck is going on in this thread are you employed by the nbnco to slide?
AHHH yes jealous wage fag slaving away getting angry at a harmless neet

Attached: 1542728559909.gif (363x512, 1.61M)

>his mums mentally disabled
>cant work
>so her sun sits at home, does nothing all day, shit posts and collects welfare from the government

what am i missing? why aren't you working you lazy bum?

Because there is no jobs? 4 million immigrants since 2012 and 6 men kill themselves a day there's fuck all work stat's are cooked

Attached: 1543090920166.gif (477x512, 3.3M)

They wont even give me fixed wireless, currently using a high gain antenna & 4g modem

Reminder to vote labor next election so they can finish the job and we can get gigabit internet before this century ends

>b-but labor are cucks

I don't care anymore I just want fast internet

Attached: 1476360676492.gif (400x224, 2.74M)

Not gonna happen
Just to unfuck the last 5 years of damage the lnp have done will take another decade lol
Best case scenario is the fttn shit will get upgraded to fttp but it will have significant congestion

Feels good to be a non peasant

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 413K)

Nothing to boast about that was the minimum speed under Labors nbn we where aiming for 1gbps which EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS NOW GOING ON 10+YEARS

They fucked everyone over, especially how they are putting people on the cheap and old dated Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial.

Stick with adsl, I wish I had

>be me: adslad
>about 1.5mp all day erryday on unlimited plan
>solid speed unwavering.
>top of the woz billion modem with wireless anttena coming out it's arse - reaches the whole fucking house and is completely adaptable (ran openwrt on it for a while)
>turn it off about once a month to make sure it's ok

>get hfc nbncuck
>speed is about the same at normal daytime hours
>morning and evening (peak) drops down to a f.u.c.k.i.n.g. c.r.a.w.l....
>cable modem drops out intermittently (as they're working around the traps I guess)
>piece of shit bundled huawei antenealess modem has the wifi reach of about 20 cm in line of sight
>can't into using another cable modem, can't into using another modem...

Little Johnny, Fucked UnBased Tones and Stephen Fucking Conroy have a lot to fucking answer for.

Attached: reject_1amvnf6-1amvngb.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

no brap november

Just primed and ready for them to switch on the monitoring systems.

1.3gpbs upload jesus christ.

>bombarded with advertisements on every website
You're an ad-peasant

>i have it
>can only get 21mbps down anyway
200 iq

>posts about not being a pleb
>has half his screen taken up with adspace and bandwidth...

I was fucked from the start most of my area got dumped from adsl/3g onto fixed wireless and satellite
Originally meant to get 100mbit fixed wireless with a overbuild of fttp

>about 1.5mp all day erryday on unlimited plan
>solid speed unwavering.

Pretty much me right now.

>get "hfc" nbncuck

Picture related, oh JESUS.

At least we are lucky.. they don't have to install anything in our house/room, and we just plug the modem into the pay tv port (foxtel)...right WE ARE LUCKY AREN'T WE CUNT?

Attached: Uhgntitled.png (406x298, 20K)

join the sadness club

Attached: 1273715383653.jpg (472x454, 30K)

forgot to add that im close enough to a school with good internet that i could probably run an ethernet cable to my house from the school if i really wanted to

Also
>was iinetard for years, went nbn with them
>go to usent to dld stuff
>can't into use internodes usenet server because iinet has sold our bundled nbn service to fucking tpg.

>tfw I've hated tpg since they used to jew me on dialup and swore I'd never go with them and now I'm a tpg customer whether I like it or not..

Stick with adsl m8.

Attached: clam.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

>Stick with adsl m8.

We cant, cunt. You are literally FORCED to switch after like 8 months, if you don't go over they will cancel your internet.

i pretty much own the sadness club at this point

>WE ARE LUCKY AREN'T WE CUNT?

Attached: JQvie.jpg (769x960, 92K)

Fuck, I'm unlucky in this world.

Attached: 1543371692811.png (451x387, 87K)

Then hold out for as long as possible, make sure the service you're getting isn't bundled to another isp and if you have a gud modem make sure you can use it with your nbn box (you won't be able to).

I've got a working fucken draytek i got for $5 at the tip sitting in the back cupboard never to be used.

>amerifats actually believe this

>You are literally FORCED to switch after like 8 months
There is no way they'll meet the deadline. Too many places still don't have it - they'll jusr keep rolling back the adsl shutoff date - you'll see.

Attached: 62db6d062415b0e6e63a077558e850d3.jpg (1536x2048, 320K)

It’s an app

>get hfc
this is NBN shit that basically means
>its cable but 100% less reliable and slower

Attached: 1424441588923.jpg (463x366, 89K)

Well i am with telstra, so I'll be bundled with them and no one else. As for my current modem, it is not NBN ready that i know of. Jesus Christ, i hope it's not shit.

My girlfriend who lives in the city recently got it in her apartment in a muticomplex. Modem still connected in the phone line, and regardless of the day or hour. She gets between 44-50mbps up, and 20-25 mbps down which is great knowing how busy the area is.

Get a different router u faggot

Why do you need a static IP when you can just use dynamic DNS

>my parents live in a tiny country town
>have had it for years
>i lived in the middle of sydney
>didnt have it
>now live outside sydney with fttp
>street next to me doesnt have it
Did they literally roll a dice?

>well that about sums it up for this street
>what ya say we get started on the next street over Roge?
>yeah nah, too fucked to be bothered with it
>yeah, she'll be right for the next couple of months

Attached: 1537923772847.jpg (700x462, 91K)

Cable tech here. We will do it when you pay the couple of thousand dollars to build out. That or of we think the market is big enough (say a large neighborhood pops up) then they will build at no cost. It's only if they think they can make some cash.

There is a service you can use that will mail you your current IP address when you need it.

Could props write a script or someshit to email you whenever it changes. Would he cheaper

Get me a job as a cable tech.

Fuck this country

If your ISP is cucking you with CGNAT and a non-accessible IP, just set up a remote server with a public static IP (should be $5-10 a month for something basic). And then VPN from your home to the cloud server.

CGNAT just prevents the internet at large from directly accessing your IP address, it doesn't stop you from setting up a VPN tunnel to make your VPN endpoint an accessible public IP for you to use.

>1.3gpbs upload jesus christ.

That's just fast.com testing error, i'm using a 1gbps NIC, and a 1gbps switch, with a 1gbps NIC router, and a 1gbps NIC ONT.

There is no physical way for me to upload anything beyond ~945mbps just due to how the TCP/IP packet overhead works with GbE.