Why don't I see more people shilling Alpine?

>Minimal
>No systemD
>Security-focused
>Musl libc
>only need 130MB to install (8MB for containers)
>Lightweight Xen Hypervisor (KVM also available)

Alpine might be the best distro.

Attached: 20160624101417.png (900x400, 81K)

they are dropping armv6 support

Probably because no one has heard of it like 90% of all other GNU/Linux distros

It's pretty much the default basis for Docker containers.

>GNU/Linux
Alpine doesn't use GNU buddy

Jow Forums doesn't use computers professionally.

>other gnu/linux distros
alpine isn't a gnu/linux distro

Because it’s fucking unusable as a desktop distro and you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think so

Why would anyone need to "shill" a container distro, you mentally challenged baboon?

Is dropping the GNU what makes Alpine so great on paper? I haven't used it yet. I need to move files off my spare laptop before installing it.

it all runs the same software in the end

Not true.

>>Minimal
lacks features
>>No systemD
tinfoil on!
>>Security-focused
pipe vision?
>>Musl libc
wait wasn't it security focused? using a relatively new C lib is not how it works
>>only need 130MB to install (8MB for containers)
doesn't really mean anything
>>Lightweight Xen Hypervisor (KVM also available)
ok

not that guy but systemd has proven repeatedly that it can't be trusted to do a single thing right. It also won't stop til it turns every subsystem to shit.

>not that guy but systemd has proven repeatedly that it can't be trusted to do a single thing right.
It literally runs enterprise servers as we speak. Stop taking this NEET infested dumpster fire seriously.

It's basically malware on enterprise servers as we speak.

Because it's an unusable trash and no one uses it outside VMs.
Nothing scrams I'm a s brainlet vegan snowflake than "no GNU/GlibC/Systemd" autism and this distro ticks all the checkmarks.

Can't believe some brainlets think using a different libC makes their distro automatically safe.
LOL.

>"it's the same as everything else so it's pointless"
>"it's different to everything else so it's pointless"

>I'll repeat some more random buzzwords
Okay.

musl's really nice for static binaries, don't think that's going to relate to security though.

Malware isn't a buzzword, multiple remote code execution vulnerabilities in a year isn't random either.

Nothing about Alpine is about security, it's just an example of how pointlessly contrarian one can get with Linux. That's about it. It's one of the examples of "Linux without GNU", that's it.

Software having bugs and vulnerabilities doesn't make it "malware".

malware bad! software good!

Depends on why they have bugs/vulns. The response to them has been coverups and more of the same.

it's not even that unusual of a system, it's pretty similar to OpenWRT, which is a really common distro
i guess you could call it more of a general purpose version of OpenWRT

obese openwrt

The response has been fixing the holes.

Stallman BTFO

>enabling harmful software the post

>Not being nihilistic

>Why don't I see more people shilling Alpine?
maybe because the people using Alpine have better things to do than shilling distros on mongolian throat singing gatherings

> >No systemD
LOL, what's this, 90s? Into the trash.

Alpine doesn't even run stable in my Docker instances, I call bullshit.

It's pretty neat for docker

Nobody who uses computers professionally would require such an annoyingly minimalistic environment. Give me an Ubuntu, RHEL or SLED, not this shit where i have to literally take care of everything, except my actual fucking work.

t. someone who doesn't need to pretend

"Use computers professionally" doesn't mean your adobe creative suite. Making computers do work is not the same as working on them.

Can you show example of professional environment that uses alpine?

>Making computers do work is not the same as working on them.
That's exactly why computers where invented "making computers do work". You are literally picking the shittiest excuse to justify your ricing faggotry.

I've been working in the industry for a few years now and i can tell you that nobody that isn't on the elitist spectrum gives a shit about alpine, arch or all the other useless faggot distros.
What a developer needs is a decent IDE, your compiler or interpreter of choice, cvs/svn/hg/git, an editor and some UI so he can browse his collab platform like jira, confluence, slack, otrs, etc.

most autistic post I've read all day, congrats

lol at ``professional'' niggers unaware of docker