Finally got a good tech job

>finally got a good tech job
>28% income tax

The government literally takes more than 1/4 of my paycheck. That's more than 2 hours a day and 10 hours per week that I'm working for free

What the flying fuck

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_attribution_error
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh God how dare the government request income to maintain roads and national defense that make it possible for you to shitpost on Jow Forums in peace.

>highest salary scale in my country is >50%
>after a certain point half your extra money is drained away
>fucking lefties think this isn't high enough to pay for their mess

literally 1% of the budget goes into maintaining roads
most of it goes towards gibs

> enjoys years of peace and prosperity
> educated on credit
> nice roads and freeways
> little to no crime
> lots of job and business opportunities

WHAT THE FUCK!? 28%! ABOLISH GUBBMINT! REEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1495923224721.jpg (238x183, 12K)

taxes are not technology

Get taxed 40% but idgaf because I live in the best state in the best country in the world.

>Intentionally misleading information that's demonstrably wrong with even a cursory search
>Bitches about free software and tech freedom but wants to be a slave to the state

Yeah gibs towards old people that you too will eventually get to collect.

Haha yeah and the government-issued child support that I'll surely one day benefit from...

Try running a business.
19% VAT, 30% corporate tax and then when you actually want to use the money privately, you again pay income tax or divident tax.
More than 50% of my profits is lost due to tax.

Attached: DontTreadOnMeUnlessYouAreACorporation.jpg (640x427, 28K)

>and then when you actually want to use the money privately
You declare it as company business expense and get a refund, colossal retard.

I agree it's high but if you've ever been to a third world country you'll come back and be grateful the police turn up when you call.

The police is funded by the local government.

You don't get a refund, those are simply costs. It lowers your overall profits for the year, yes but soemtimes it's better now to pay all your profits as wages.

Why not lower taxes so the people can save/invest for their retirement? Why not create a capitalization system with a bit of government oversight that gives the citizen a say on where their money goes and creates cheap credit at the same time? Why does the money need to go through a dozen different government offices and bureaucrats before getting back to you?

commiefornia?

>finally got a good tech job
>28% income tax
>put money into savings, retirement, investment accounts
>still have $2k left over every month to waste on dumb shit
>run out of dumb shit to buy
What do I do now? I already have a nice car, I been buying like 2 of those made to measure suits every month for the last 8 months, I dont play video games, I dont watch tv, my gf doesnt need or want more shit. What do I do with the left over money?

gibs to defense contractors and shit. welfare is less than the road budget

>first thing americlaps do when they have "leftover" money is to try to find a way to waste it instead of investing for retirement

I guess he knows he's a moronic consumerist impulse buyer and his only chance of having savings is if the government forcefully takes it from him until he's 70. By the way, the only way for you to get that money back is if there's constantly an increasing number of new people entering the job market. Love this argument by the way, lose 30% of all your money so there's an off chance you get it back at 70 when you are just waiting to die anyway

I just save my money, I see it as a kind of highscore, I don't even buy luxuries.

>no health care
>nothing useful gov provided
> fucking police state
>shit bag bureaucrats everywhere
> shit public schools
>over priced college

fuck yourself pikachu

I wouldn't mind paying high taxes if it can help my people. I do mind paying taxes for welfare aimed at Lizzie's and others I don't consider my people by enemies.

>thinly veiled ancap thread
What is this doing on Jow Forums

bb because we're making jobs here user

??
nice bait, you can't possibly be this stupid

Attached: U.S._Federal_SpendingFY2010.png (500x375, 36K)

I already fucking said I put money into investment accounts, savings, and retirement you fucking faggot. I got 2 roth ira and 401k from work and I have them both maxed out for the year already.

Neither do I, years of living poor as fuck during school made me into a minimalist. I guess I could put money aside for a house.

who's retiring under 30? i mean be real, you think the environment won't destabilize society before then?

>working for free
You mean you're paying for the military that protects your country from the russians, the roads, the prisons, and useless schools.

you do realise you don't need government or company plans for investing? why not just retire at 30 instead if you're making bank, rather than having 4000 suits and 60?

Which receives tax money.

you're like one of those buffer hoarders private torrent sites

Depends how amerifat you are - amerifat taxes really are theft since they just get wasted on niggers and other pointless garbage.
In euro countries that money gets reinvested into the country - Roadbuilding is local employment, garbage collection is local employment, schooling is local, prisons are local rehabilitiation environments, and so on. when you spend money on an apple product and pay the stupid tax, the money goes to california to feed the craziness there.

You're a fucking faggot. Woohoo maxing out your 401k. Are you planning to work until you're 60? What a miserable life.

The OP is talking about federal, and possibly state, income taxes.

Agreed, rather not pay into the American Empire warchest.

>$2k left over every month
>been buying like 2 of those made to measure suits
What the fuck? Any decent bespoke suit is around $2k alone and that's nothing too fancy.

did you make this up in paint?

Attached: Diagram_of_the_proposed_2018_United_States_federal_budget.png (1156x683, 113K)

Ah I'm not from burgerland where you get ripped off.

>proposed budget

Attached: pres_budg_total_spending_pie.png (632x480, 39K)

oops wrong reply

"discretionary" = other military spending i guess

And do what? hang out at the bar with the boomers at 11am on a tuesday? I had one summer where I didn't have work or any responsibilities, I went insane from the nothingness of it all.

I need to interact with people or I go crazy so yea, I would prefer to be a 60 year old director walking around the office not doing shit than sitting at home not doing shit.

Not bespoke made to measure. Check out oliver wicks.

My bad, misread.

>why not just retire at 30
>Are you planning to work until you're 60?
Imagine being so pathetic you actually long to be a worthless NEET.

Imagine being so pathetic you actually long to be a worthless wageslave.

yea i mean, whatever, I'm sure we can agree that it's mostly being wasted.

It's not my fault the only work you're capable of is being a wageslave, fatty.

suck it up bruh. I fucking hate greedbags like you. It's one thing to want to maximize personal wealth, and it's a step further to have so little awareness as to think you owe nothing. And to think there are no circumstances in which you may find yourself needing. Consider how fortunate you are and to what you owe that fortune. Hint, you almost certainly didn't bootstrap yourself. If you can create value now, it is only because shitloads of people have put in the work to allow it.

Fucking Ayn Randians think they own the oil because they built the well.

Obviously some people are going to be freeloaders, some people are going to be dumbasses. But they're not living good lives. Fat people cost more, but hey, they have to be fat. Disabled people have to be disabled. Poor people have to be poor. Meanwhile, the tech life is embarrassingly easy. I work so much less and make so much more than my parents, and they both had something like 6+ years more education than me. Tech is the real freeloading because it builds on the work of everyone else to concentrate wealth from sooo many to a relative few. It is feasible to go to public school for 17 years get a bachelors in cs, work for 8 years at 200k doing nothing more than 40 hour weeks and retire at 30 years old and make 30k in perpetuity after that. That is true post-scarcity freeloading at its finest.

not everyone can be a model and get their dicks sucked for a living i guess

> i guess

>they have to be fat
>they have to be disabled
>they have to be poor
No.

There's a difference in who you owe your debt to and those who are asking you to pay. Those asking you to pay have contributed nothing themselves.

If youre not freeloading tech asshole, then work is actually much more difficult and competitive than last gen thanks to all the freeloading tech assholes hoovering up all the value.

>> lots of job and business opportunities
as a canadian with more taxes than you, this just hurts.

Attached: 21321321321.jpg (723x691, 99K)

survival of the fittest

it is mostly mil faggot

Attached: 53_pecent_military__logo_large.png (680x475, 137K)

I agree with you but this system isn't sustainable. Something will give, somewhere.

aren't those non-mil spending fractions then also divided between the states so the actual budget ends up being like 20 million for a massive area? I'm not american so I don't know.

You are saying that as if the shitloads of people that put work in are all because of the government, and that all the money the government takes from you is 100% efficiently spent in incredibly critical and important stuff that create more wealth later on that nobody thought of.

Military spending is no more discretionary than gibs retard. It's just a stupid accounting trick.

And that is why it sucks. You can't reroll life. You may think you're fit. You may absolutely crushing in tech or whatever, but in reality the cancer RNG can fuck you up at any time, and if you don't have a giant safety net you're are absolutely dicked.

Some people got dicked by their parents, some people dick themselves, and some people just get dicked by chance.

Even if you pass the first two, the last one can always come for you. Why is that not enough for people to want to support some amount of safety net? I just don't get it.

So you were only 47% wrong

stay in canada, there are better opportunities there user.
not really, tech bros are weak. even the few that work out are basically pusses with glamor muscles. survival of the most manipulative is more accurate.

if you include VA, like you should, its more like 41% wrong

If by gibs you mean military, i agree
Soldiers are bums.

Try paying 39.7% tax like me

Attached: Screenshot_20181128-091716__01__01.jpg (1058x349, 88K)

>still don't fucking get what discrentionary spending means
How retarded are you?

>better opportunities
Like what? I'm in southern alberta. The closest thing I've ever even SEEN to a tech job was a cellphone repair shop. I worked there for a while as their dedicated PC guy but then they wanted me to do social media shit for free off hours so I walked. Was only getting 14$ an hour at part time, and I had to memorize how to fix pretty much every mobile apple device since the iphone 4s.

As a side note FUCK ipad repair. Its tedious as hell and glass shards get everywhere.

I'm not saying that. I'm sure there are horrifying inefficiencies.

What bugs me is the fundamental attribution bias that is so apparent in people who don't like taxes. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_attribution_error

Everything good that happens to me is because of me. Everything bad that happens to you is because of you.

>national defense
>justified

To be fair to the burgers if they lost their oil interests over in sandnigger territory they'd completely collapse.

that's some echo poster not OP. I know what discretionary means you fucking dick.

The budget is just laid out to be captured by contractors, Mil esp, but also health care. None of this is useful spending. That was my point, compared to roads or whatever most of the budget is essentially part of a large tire fire.

>he isn't being robbed a 33% minimum
Welp for your sake I hope that the tax won't increase more

>What would I possibly do if I didn't have to wagecuck? What if I was left to just work on my own projects, products and software by myself without anyone else interferring? I wouldn't have anything in my mind because I'm a fucking non playable character
>Hey everyone, what should I CONSUME with my wagecuck bux in order to fit in? I can't figure this out on my own, because I'm a non playable character who cannot find meaning for myself independent of how others perceive me. Sure is great working for the botnet!

Attached: 1542735220812.png (1276x799, 528K)

That's a good thing.

I hear ya dude, but you think rural USA is any better?

Grow weed or work remotely

And then they will tax you on it again, also its a drop in the sea of the budget t.low tier politician

take advantage of the generous government grants to tech startups

Saying 50% of the budget goes towards the military is simply not true.

>Dude I don't wanna work fo da gobarmint LMAO
>Someone build me roads
>Someone protect me so I don't get robbed by niggers
>I want a hospital so I don't die of simple cold
>Education bro
>If I cannot work I will need gibs right, cuz if there are no I'll die of famine
>Who will protect me from terrorists/russkies/china?

Social security and pensions aren't gibs. People paid into this shit, they are simply cashing out. Actual free money (food stamps etc) take less of the federal budget than park maintenance.

>will get to collect
Lol is this meme still about.

Social Security dies in 2075

Shitty bait, only two of them is true and tax money is wasted a lot. Why do you have to be such a bootlicker and just accept that the government takes a lot of your money and gives you shitty service back if any

You mean the retirement money that is being sent to investment firms who just grow the portfolios by inflation and then take all the profit?

Medicaid and Medicare are gibs.
Social Security is also gibs if you get it for a disability.

>grow an illegal substance
why are hippies so prevalent in tech?

Social Security gets put into Treasury bonds you retarded fuck.

50 % of the discretionary portion is absolutely true. You're the one that posted a budget with an opaque discretionary section and tried to pretend that mil was only 25 % of total budget.

The US has enough hydrocarbons to not care about sanything on foreign soil bruh

There's no such thing as a "discretionary portion". It's a completely arbitrary classifcation made up for accounting purposes.

I got paid 1000 dollars under the table, all expenses paid to fly down and build a render farm for my friend's drone company. My credentials were "can build computers." So I built a render farm out of virtual machines and off the shelf components for a grand total of 12 grand and cut their render time from a week to four hours. Everyone at the company loved talking to me and working with me, and it was a lot of fun. I worked 23 hour days for a whole week and slept on the floor on the server room when I couldn't be fucked to go back to the air bnb I was in, which was also amazing. I loved every second of it and I will never experiance anything like it in canada. I hate this place, I hate everyone in it but most of all I hate that I'm so financially trapped I can't move.

I'm not a programmer, I'm a guy that can build computers and do some creative work like editing, model texturing and sound design.

Attached: 1473980111598.gif (659x576, 137K)

>Im an unimaginative babby who needs daddy
>the only way to organize things is with layers and layers of bureaucracy
>daddy trum will you hold me?

Its not "easy and cheap" like arab oil is, which is what is currently keeping them alive.

Fair enough. I hope automation hits burocracy first and foremost. That way we get either lower taxes, or better services

>>Someone build me roads
>>Someone protect me so I don't get robbed by niggers
>>I want a hospital so I don't die of simple cold
>>Education bro
>>If I cannot work I will need gibs right, cuz if there are no I'll die of famine
If it was only these things I'd gladly pay 45% or more on every dollar I made. But its not. Over half is military, which is unnecessary at best and lavish at worst, and a shit tonne goes into politicians pockets so they can continue to ignore that my roads are shit and the telecomms infrastructure is barely held together with string and duct tape.

Bruh stop for a moment! Tell who will build you the roads and take care of orphans

Attached: 3QAWz3h.png (1921x1153, 35K)

> people who miss OP doesn't have an issue with taxes but with a whopping 28% being taxed
dummies.

>over half is military
Stop with this fucking retarded nonsense.