I hate flatshit so god damn much

I hate flatshit so god damn much.

Attached: ironedlogo.jpg (482x872, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jimedwardsnrx.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pepsi_gravitational_field.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that the Pepsi logo cost a million dollars and the design brief reads like the fever dream of a schizophrenic.

I've genuinely made better logos for jokes.

Fuck of, boomer.

I think flatshit is more popular because it really stands out if its some 3rd rate company tries to emulate you. With the more flashy logos you are more likely to accidentally buy a competitors product. Just my 2 cents...

>I hate flatshit
>CN, ebay, nick logo were flat before as well

I don't get why they do this.
Why replace a logo that perfectly describes what you provide, and that's memorable, to straight shapes and basic fonts?
Even your grandmother knows what the Windows logo is. The new one is a gift box.

Attached: 90e27e1301bb10b9e49ad7acf6e93fa1.jpg (712x412, 26K)

lack of gradient != lack of depth
all of those logos still had depth, definition, and detail to them. the newer ones have completely dissolved the point of a logo, which is to be recognizable against your competitors' logo. making your logo all pretty and """modern""" just takes away the point of even having one.

New logos are minimalistic that is good. Hate thosr fucki g specular things and gradients.

As a webdev and designer, i love flat since it makes it simpler to do and change only using HTML, CSS and SVG

fuck you

So, as with everything else in the modern world, all the negativity can be traced back to JavaScript. When will we carve out this cancer from society?

Most web-dev thing I've ever read

>cn
that's just sad

>and designer
i think you over estimate yourself

FLAT LOGO GOOD. STYLISH LOGO BAD, MAKES NPC GO MAD.

Cartoon network is just sad.

The fact you can make flat shit so easily and quickly in paint indicates how lazy people have become.

Attached: 4channel.png (670x225, 8K)

Microshit should re-adopt the original Windows logo, it looks really nice.

>HTML, CSS and SVG
>blames JS

Flat shit has been going on for decades. The "recent" BBC logo still feels fresh.

Attached: old-bbc-logo-3.jpg (430x150, 4K)

D-DELET THIS

In a few years we will wonder how anyone thought flat trash looked good.

>>HTML, CSS and SVG
>not things that can be manipulated with JS

That's not the point. The user said he likes it, because he can do it with only HTML, CSS and SVG.

F-fixed.

Attached: 4chan.png (512x225, 9K)

I'd never seen the OG logo but it looks really nice, wouldn't be surprised if they went back to it. What's the name of the font for the 1985, it looks really nice.

>the design brief reads like the fever dream of a schizophrenic.
That is normal for "designers" though

Kys

Presumably, he isn't rendering corporate logos using SVGs. I have never seen that happen, it's almost always a regular PNG file that's used for logos.
What I have seen SVGs and CSS used for is things like visualizations, which are steeped in "flat" design nowadays, presumably for the reasons that user listed. Visualizations are generally written in JavaScript, by webdevs (of which, user is one), so my point still stands.

Learn to spell zoomer

The logos on the left look cheap, old and ugly. Looks like something a middle schooler would make if tasked with making a new company.
The logos on the right are recognisable, modern and aren't eyesores.
Take the nostalgia glasses off. Flat logos are by far easier to work with and incorporate into modern packaging and promotions.

>Windows logo
The first one is XP, the second one isn't even Windows, it's Microsoft's logo.

The Windows logo now looks more like a window than it ever has. If you ask someone to draw a window, they draw a rectangle with a cross through it.

yeah but its called windowS retard

What the fuck am I reading? I feel like I'm having a stroke or something.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 12.59.41.png (4378x2208, 1.08M)

Nah, flatshit is much better.

what the fuck

Original webdev-user here: what the heck are you on m8?
Logos and other graphics should be SVG so they can scale on desktop/tablet/mobile. Using inline SVG also solves the problem of fetching images over slow networks.
Using CSS these can then change color and minor other things.
JS doesnt need to be a part of it unless you want it to respond to user input, all other animations and such are done by CSS.

To explain WHY i like that it, i dont want to have to spin up the whole server and everything every time the management wants to change the color of the logo or something like that. So i can just use the browser inspector and copy from there

u just don't understand bro
jimedwardsnrx.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pepsi_gravitational_field.pdf

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 13.09.20.png (2734x2440, 2.52M)

The CN, Ebay, and Nickelodeon logos they have for comparison are wretched. Although, if you go even older, CN's original checkerboard is okay.

This is the most autistic thing i have ever seen (this place included), what the fuckity fuck

Stop being such contrarians you fucking faggots, minimal designs that quickly represent something are way more in touch with Jow Forums than retarded 3D shit full of details.
If it was the opposite, a shift from flat to 3D the shitstorm here would be 100x greater.

seriously just fucking lol

you can't make non-flat logos like the ones on the left in OP's pic using SVG, or at least it would be extremely hard
instead you make a fucking big PNG file and scale

I mean I'm talking specifically about the pepsi one
others could actually be made in SVG still

what wrong with flatpak?

Designers have to justify their grossly inflated paychecks somehow.

>Designer
Alright and im Superman

Attached: Spurdo_sparde_vector_by_kevinino-d6ehtjk.png (640x468, 73K)

What in the...
So, this is why it looks retarded.

Attached: 1540528191798.png (960x952, 401K)

I refuse to believe this is real

you guys are just idiots this is integral to our core design philosophy as a interconnected family brand

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 13.27.16.png (2684x2306, 475K)

Quit being autistic cunt, I like both and all except Pepsi were already flat

Attached: 1539013524639.jpg (616x596, 25K)

I saved the pdf once from /tg/, and everytime I go to clean my documents I see and forget what it is and check it before I delete, and I just can't.
It's like a car wreck or something.

>unironically thinking the nu-kelodeon logo is more recognisable/less of an eyesore than the old one

Attached: 1517021410730.gif (413x243, 51K)

and thats why i like flat, did you even read?

>Gravitational pull of pepsi

Attached: 1513956553028.png (329x297, 113K)

what do you guys think of the new 10 million windows logo redesign?

Attached: windowslogoredist.png (1228x401, 35K)

that's a lot better than what they have now thats for sure

pepsi's old logos
textured was only a meme in the 90s and 2000s

Attached: Pepsi_logo_red.png (1260x1548, 159K)

more like the gravitational pull of people who drink pepsi lol

>textured was only a meme in the 90s and 2000s
This. The nostalgia is coming mainly from 30yo boomer fags.

It's like something from an MDE sketch where they'd make fun of designers.

This is a masterclass in how you justify bullshit for massive $$$

SOUL vs soulless

Attached: ios6_ios7_home_screens.jpg (1302x1134, 1.1M)

Soul.

Attached: openchrom_mac-os-x-10-6-3_002.png (1024x768, 620K)

Soulless.

Attached: macos-mojave-screen-slutter-.jpg (1181x655, 70K)

all of these look ugly as fuck

I'll tell you what I miss most

Those badass nickelodeon style graphics from the 80's and 90's

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1[1].jpg (961x1000, 370K)

fuuuuck yeah dude

Attached: 6eFfEt[1].jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Looks awful

Flatshit and minimalism is unironically beatiful

I don't know what to say
I'm simply, stunned

Attached: chrome_2018-11-28_17-27-14.png (281x804, 63K)

DUDE all lowercase logos LMAO
dude HELVETICA THIN lmao
dude our mascot is now two colors and 3 lines lmao

The new logo's are easier to recognize on tiny ass phones screens.

That's the whole purpose of this.
That's the whole purpose of all regression in society: make everything phone friendly by making it utter shit on everything else.

Good Lord, I know it's not official but whoever designed that deserves to be shot

Attached: 1509565535344.jpg (298x272, 13K)

The 1992 one is still the best imo.

Makes sense. You must be a brainlet.

You can tell Sam studied design lol, those are some of the funnier moments he has before he starts ranting about college girls having sex.

>we will never go back to comfy early-mid 2000s iOS skeuphoric UI design
>Things will keep getting more "flat" and "modern"

This never change

Attached: AMD.jpg (270x270, 14K)

I think they are trying to get across the idea that a shopping aisle with Pepsi on it is "the pepsi aisle" rather than "the soda aisle"

Also I'm pretty sure most of that document was not meant to be read, all the retarded shit is filler for execs that won't actually read it, but the document needed to be substantial so they went absolutely off the rails.

Do you think they just blew some crazy budget and did this while goofing off most of the time because they know nobody is going to read this shit?

I'm sure there was a presentation that went with it that probably made a little more sense. That document by itself is kinda out-of-context making it even stranger.

Incels btfo

When are we getting 90-2011 back?

dude FLAT and solid colors

Attached: taco-bell-logo-progression-over-the-years.jpg (563x208, 69K)

Please don't give them any ideas

1985-2001 were the best logos

And that's EXACTLY the problem.
You know the Apple logo refers to the computer brand and not just simply a fruit drawing because it has a bite mark on it.

I actually like the new Taco Bell logo. I like that color of purple.

the opposite, it's supposed to wow and bamboozle retard execs and shareholders who think because it uses a lot of big words they don't understand that it is some sort of genius design thing

Dont forget the ""new""" cadillac logo
>hey look we stretched it so its 16:9 now!
>amazing here's your 1 mil

Attached: cadillac_2014_logo.jpg (1000x416, 55K)

I preffer flat and simple, never trusted those icons trying to make me believe they are three-dimensional and not just an image

This. I mean, what kind of slack-jawed, Fortnite-playing millennial faggot designed this atrocity?

Attached: zoomers reeee.png (268x188, 12K)

>inb4 that comparison graphic that said coke only changed it logo twice while pepsi changed theirs 10 times

the font of cola is legendary dont shit on that, unless you mean the trash flatness

>flat colors and sans serif fonts lmao

Attached: fucking millenials.png (768x768, 60K)