Galaxy flex

I already started saving up.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS8wL1gvODExMzI5L29yaWdpbmFsL0dhbGF4eS1GLUZvbGRhYmxlLUxldHNnb2Rp (560x315, 24K)

Wow yeah it goes from being the thickest, ugliest phone and opens into being a weirdly shaped android tablet. Good shout user.

Still has smaller bezels than the pixel

>muh fashion accessory

Enjoy cancer software user

>inb4 pink line

couldnt they just make it close in the opposite direction so you'd get half of the tablet screen + edge ?

Lmao itoddlers

Honestly how expensive do you think this thing is gonna be? Over a thousand bucks?

Looks cool, but buying the first generation of this is a risky proposition. Pick it up in a few years when the support is there.

Attached: image_10.jpg (800x450, 172K)

>he has to save up
Stay poor, madfag

I'm not mad tho

>being this mad
>also poor

Alright, you got me.

Someone's gotta adopt early, otherwise things like this will die and it won't get a 2nd gen.

Yikes

There are already phones over $1k. This one is twice as big and using new meme tech. If it's less than $3k consider it a discount.

this.
Thank you for your sacrifice

Waiting for a later gen. You guys ever see Her? They had comfy phones in that film along with comfy tech in general. Once folds get to a point of folding to be flat and flush, then it'll be a good thing. I'll let the early adopters take the first plunge.

Imagine being one of the "brave" early adopters of regressive tech like notches and no headphone jack!

Do you guys always buy the newest flagship smartphones every year? What's the point if you only own it for a short time.
I still use my 4-5 year old phone.

how many USB ports?

I saw a rumor that it was going to be around 1.7k

But how long until Apple invents this?

How do you make case for that thing? Yes, some people use cases.

wierd flex but ok

The the phone is sitting on the other end of the screen and getting much more scratched. Also less options for a case (not that there are many anyway). I think the only way I'm interested is if they perfect the technology (no weird curved bend) and make it a tri-fold so then the screen can face out when folded but still have the back facing down when folded.

I feel like the bendable screened really aren't as bendable as they want us to think yet though. That huge ass rounded bend says they probably aren't any closer to actually having something that folds properly. Plus I'd like to see this screen after a thousand folds.

This is my worry. This is a gateway to taking phones into the 2k+ price range.

this is a great portable tablet but a very shitty phone

It's unlikely to be a hit product, it's gimmicky and apple rather have their customers buy an ipad and and phone separately.

Prove to me that this isn't a gimmick

Pro to: you can't

Attached: Screenshot_20181119-204445~2.png (1440x1420, 138K)

>Started saving up
>being this consumer slave

Ok.

looking more forward to S10. Hopefully wont be stupidly expensive since this one also comes out.

Its in a case that hides its design shape. the presenter mentioned that

They need to figure out how to do this trifold so the back is face down when folded, and part of the front faces forward when folded. That way no need for a redundant screen and the unfolded tablet is the right proportion. What good is a square for watching anything on, for example. Imagine the dumb giant black bars when watching a movie or show.

Early adopters of various new products are either affluent or save up.
They are also the reason the tech gets cheaper later on as the company wants to expand it's userbase/tech gets easier to make.
And i do want more flexibility in screens.
Goodness such tech could be also used to make displays more resilient.

>Thank you for your sacrifice
Not gonna be cheap, but I almost got the Axon M but then ZTE went full DPRK.

I have always wanted this kind of device.

No only retards do that. Phones should last people at least 3 years.

at least it's a cool gimmick.
I first heard of flexible screens right about when minority launched. That's 2002. I really thought they would come way sooner, Either or samsung or lg had some flexible big format ad screens 3 or 4 years ago and I remember thinking that phones and other products were be just around the corner.

But they could do more, it seemed a tad too thicc for it get really popular. They also could go yoga and have the phone folding both ways, like this user mentioned . Just because it'd look cool.

minority report*
(imdb 2002)

Thank you for financing the industry so I can buy actual good phones. We need people like you to maintain the flow of money.

how are people supposed to type on that format? split keyboard? stylus?

what's the fucking point of wasing the real estate inside for a fucking shitty selfie cam?
You have the second screen on the outside, put a proper fullsized multilens cam above it,
folded - selfie mode on a small screen, unfolded - normal photo mode, ta-da.

Attached: why.jpg (288x499, 23K)

I also recall watching an interview, not sure if tied with that movie's promo or some CES show, that already prototypes back then. It took them a while to figure out the kinks. That doesn't really bode well.

Weird flex but okay.

This. They don't really seem to be on top of this technology yet. I think, in the end, a true fold won't ever be able to be creaseless. The best we can hope for is a more minimally rounded fold, or Westworld type devices that have edges that meet up well enough to not notice very much. That's going to require some precision and protection from small bits of dirt, but think like a single crack in a phone screen that you can see when off but almost vanishes when on.

I still use my 10 year old phone, checkmate faggot.

Underrated comment.

No, its not. Get off my website normalfaggot. Go back to >>Jow Forums and >>/b/

>spending a bunch of money to go back to flip phones

How is that only a 7" screen when phablets are reaching that size?

You're forgetting aspect ratio. A square 7" screen has a great area than a rectangular 7" screen.

Why would you need this OP, like what are you gonna do?

>They need to figure out how to do this trifold so the back is face down when folded, and part of the front faces forward when folded. That way no need for a redundant screen
The problem there is the folding screen is made of plastic because you can't bend glass like that. So it scratches super easy, so it needs to be folded in your pocket to protect it.

I didn't really think of that. I wonder how weak this plastic bendable material is against scratches. Are they going to get rekt just from fingers within a year like typical non-glass touchscreen shit you see on credit card terminals and all?

Not worried, meme phone that will never show up, or the flexibility will be relegated to a hinge so you don't break the screen.

I like that this might bring back actually pocketable phones. I don't like that it will cost $1500+.

fap with it like an onahole

That's one of the stupidest things in phone design I've ever seen.
They're really desperate to set themselves apart.
We reached peak design years ago and now they' don't know what to do so they're just throwing any retarded idea at it.

Jesus christ

Attached: 1530782263691.png (685x330, 196K)

it's not a phone faggot. it's a table you can fold in half and put it in your pocket.

>he needs to save up in order to buy a new gadget he doesn't need
You're not going to make it. One day you'll have car or health trouble, and you'll go bankrupt and homeless, you're retarded.

it's pretty clearly a segmented display in the press photos

even OP's pic seems to shows three rigid portions with a backing hinge.

Y'all going to have for EF Displays to get that kind of "paper-like" fold-ability.

samsung is doing linux now

Don't care, want.