No no an evo 212 is a perfectly fine cooler nothing wrong with it at all

>no no an evo 212 is a perfectly fine cooler nothing wrong with it at all
im never listening to you assholes again all im doing is rendering a 4k image in blender

Attached: Capture.png (904x644, 47K)

you fucked it up somehow retard

dont know how its on there nice and tight with thermal paste

>80% CPU usage
>under 80 °C
It's within nominal working parameters, what are you complaining about exactly?

how would you know its on 80 percent CPU usage?

why do you think it's called a 6700k cunt? its the TJunction in kelvin

I guesstimated it

The green bar indicates usage

You goofed something boy
Pic related, Hyper 212 on a 32nm 95W processor overclocked to 4GHz from 2.6GHz, it never goes past 70 on full load.

Attached: capture.jpg (682x542, 60K)

could it be that the thermal paste is over 6 months old?

Yes. You probably used the cheapest one too. Buy a silver based one and it'll last the computer's lifetime

pretty sure the kind i used was silver though i never delided my CPU

You might have to delid it. I have an FX8350 overclocked 10%, and it's on a cooker kinda like the 212 with no issues.

Might as well open up the case and clean it and replace the thermal paste if the temps are bothering you. My previous CPU (i7 930) on the same setup used to easily get to 90C on full load and around 80C while gaming and I never really gave a fuck about it, and it lasted for over 5 years like that. Now it's sitting on my drawer still working fine, if that xeon wasn't 30$ I'd still be using it.

Attached: 1542536696279.jpg (558x800, 230K)

Correction, it lasted over 7 years, I'm losing my sense of time.

interesting part is almost as soon as the render finished its back down to 33

Post pc guts now op

You forgot to delid that!

i dont have a picture readily available and would need to turn it off to get to one

Capacitors have a pretty short lifetime if you do that

yes you pozzed it up laddie buddy boyo my 212 evo runs my i7 8700 at load never goes above 48 fucking LOL

Youre just a pussy afraid to show his guts

Keeps my Phenom II X4 965 cool at full load. You fucked it up somehow, enjoy your Intel housefire, retard.

Did you delid? intel processors are notorious for not having a soldered on IHS. See pic related.

Attached: TEMPY.png (800x600, 21K)

Have some 2 pipe cooler with 60mm fan that was like $15 and it cools 140w phenom no problems.

I've noticed that too. You can completely stop cpu and case fans @idle and still have under 70C cpu temp but all the caps around cpu socket and chipset will die after ~2 years.

>60mm fan
>140W
what

>Phenom II
a-at least its not intel..

>a $20 cooler is fine bro
Let me explain to you cumguzzling newfags why the evo 212 is recommended so much here:
Years back, when your standard stock cooler is guaranteed to be a piece of shit, the 212 was a savior because it was relatively cheap while providing performance that is significantly better than what came with your CPU.
Today, unless you buy intel, the stock cooler provides close to 212 performance. If you want better cooling, then get one of those bigger tower coolers that run from $40 to $115. Newfags who weren't around when the 212 was praised for what it is - a cheap alternative to having a housefire - just parrot what they saw when they first arrived without an understanding of why it was so good in the first place.

>a cheap alternative to having a housefire
it's not just that, it werks for everything. You can OC on it no troubles

y-yes... since it's in antec 300 there's 140mm fan right above and 120mm behind cpu cooler but still.

212 is the worst cooler I've ever had the displeasure of being memed into buying. I used it for 2 days and then fucking tossed it. Worst piece of garbage ever. Never listen to Jow Forums

You have an Intel housefire. Unless you delid and replace their shitty TIM these are kinda temps you're going to get regardless of the cooler. You should've listened to Jow Forums and got a Ryzen.

I have an Evo 212 on my i5-2500k. Upgrading to a Ryzen 2600x, can I still use the 212 on it?

Just get am4 mounting brackets for it, it might not come with it since it's pretty old.

Also remember to get CL14 RAM, it seems to have a bigger effect than higher RAM clocks, see pic related.

Attached: 6ZSDax7 (1).png (767x441, 45K)

Dedlid first, my AMDs never reached 75 °C under full load with 212x.

delid this, literally

Attached: 1494122327808.jpg (1315x794, 510K)

Just delid, delap and apply a chiller.

Fuck me I got 3200mhz CL16 RAM.

Lmfao fucking intel

It's fine, zen 2 is coming up anyway. That should significantly minimize the need for good RAM.