wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software
gen.lib.rus.ec/
standardebooks.org/
192.168.0.1/
192.168.0.1/.
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/,
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1809.frag
linuxbsdos.com/2015/03/26/android-on-a-stick-or-how-to-install-android-x86-on-a-usb-stick/
teclast.com/zt/x10plus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any good VPN deals?

If I use VirtualBox to emulate someone else's OS, and hack into their email from the same, will they still get the notification that another device has logged in, etc.

explain to a brainlet how to use Jow Forums X and how to get it to work on 4channel, as well as which "monkey" to use

That's not how that works. VirtualBox lets you emulate an OS, sure, but it can't emulate someone else's installation of said OS. Like if person you are mentioning is using Windows 10, sure you can install Windows 10 in VB, but you won't get their install. You can just do a fresh Win10 like you would on a real machine.

I know jack shit about VPNs, but I keep hearing that NordVPN is good.

Can someone explain to me what the seed and peer numbers mean? You have four sets of numbers, two in brackets.

Attached: Untitled5~01.png (163x246, 13K)

Literally install 4chanx and keep it updated

if you cloned someones' disk, and ran that in virtualbox, no, it would not count as 'another device'

is it safe to suspend makepkg while compiling?
or is it safe to suspend a compiling process?

read what bittorrent is

i'm in a flat for 3 months and want to bring my pc over.
would it be worth getting a wifi card for it, or a usb wifi adapter thing??

Mouthbreathers like yourself should not be using Arch.

So the best way is to partition their Mac OS onto a PC (if thats possible?), then hope that he or she just thinks "oh its me" and waives it off?

i don't think even you know what you just wrote

Just received a Windows 7 laptop. Can you recommended some excellent software to put on it?

Video player, image viewer, audio player, no frills text editor, YouTube downloader, off-line maping, and anything else you can think of.

Attached: Lenovo-G550-laptop-20150626153117.jpg (565x600, 34K)

This is not a suggestion thread.

It's updated and only works on Jow Forums
using Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox, Greasemonkey
I don't know how to be clearer user, but what do I do so it works on both sites?

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software

Attached: 2018-11-28 07_11_31-Add-ons Manager.png (999x370, 17K)

so where do you guys go ebooks torrents?

Manjaro or Antergos

gen.lib.rus.ec/ Reliable base
standardebooks.org/ Weird old shit
TPB if all else fails

Attached: FBReader.png (1440x2560, 299K)

meant for

Fuck meant to reply to

i want it to look like the "other device has logged in to your account" message looks like it was them who logged in and not me

Use the fucking script, not the pluggin.

192.168.0.1/ "Your Internet access is blocked"

I've tried Firefox and Chrome. My internet works but is spotty. I've done a hard router/modem (combo) reset, but I can't configure anything and it's really frustrating. My modem/router combo is a Motorola surfboard sgb6580

Any ideas? Thanks

Attached: sbg6580-2-left.jpg (1200x2347, 587K)

How would I move windows 10 from my SSD to my M.2 drive?

Attached: 1541261708691.jpg (225x250, 6K)

thanks user, I literally googled it and the add-on was first
sorry for being an absolute brainlet but it works now

How about you leave other people's stuff alone, creep.

should I be use win 10 or win 7?

Pay your bill

Is there really no alternative to an ugly af ThinkPad if i need a laptop for the cheap that won't die after an year?

thinkpads are a thing of beauty

HP ProBook/EliteBook
Dell Latitude

8.1 with classicshell.

Look up manual, follow instructions. Consider bridging to better router.

Also make sure you're connecting over ethernet. Disable wifi on the computer, and set its IP manually. If that's the correct IP for the admin page, go with ...0.20 or something.

>it probably seems weird to downscale
dunno about movies but for anime it sort of makes sense since most bd releases are upscaled to 1080p from 720p sources or so i'm told.

for anime it's a given, most anime are produced in 720p (not all, but most)
if you want to get fancy, there's a vapoursynth plugin specifically for un-upscaling (that is, trying to recover the original pre-upscaled picture from an upscale), which is more accurate than simply downscaling the upscale (because reasons)

Some songs I transfer have this string of of characters when it's supposed to be an apostrophe. Any solution?

Attached: Screenshot_20181128-110500_1.png (720x625, 117K)

manual says 192.168.0.1/. It gives that error.

It is plugged in directly via ethernet. Changing it to 0.20 gave same result.

>NordVPN
Slow as FUCK, absolutely worthless. Only trust thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/, the industry is absolutely fucked to hell and back with sleazy affiliate referral shit.

there was a power outage in my area last night and my computer was in sleep mode, any possibilities of damage? it seems to be running fine but i dont know how to truly verify this

does it matter if I turn off my pc via the power button? not when its writing data ofc

why are all programming jobs webdev nowadays?
webdev is stupid and boring af

So what live linux distro do professionals use for diagnostics, virus removal, benchmarking, recovery, partition managing, etc?

Attached: hey_white_boi.jpg (900x900, 38K)

Place your computer in a tub of water.
If it floats, it's fucked
If it sinks, it's fine.

>only trust
>trusting a vpn
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

it sunk, and now its running faster than ever, thanks :^)

Then set the subnet, gateway and dns too.

sometimes your PC may be writing to registry in background and turning off your PC while its doing that could mess things up.

You should really do a fresh copy of w10 unless you have too much cumbersome stuff to reinstall.

You can do a full clone with something like Clonezilla or Macrium.

THE LETTER U
AND THE NUMERAL 2

>got amazon prime
>want to capture movies as i go, since local law entitles me to make "backup copies" of digital media
>pc has no vga, just digital outputs like dvi, hdmi and displayport
>tried Relive (amd-equivalent of nvidia shadowplay); refuses to record with the specific message of "restricted content"

do i need to funnel this shit through a rdp/vnc connection from another machine or what?

>local law entitles me to make "backup copies" of digital media
not for copyrighted material, unless your "local law" explicitly states otherwise then state/federal law supercedes it

In firefox there is the Copy Link Location option.

Is there something like this in qutebrowser?
I want to actually copy the link of a site without actually going there

DMCA allows you to have a copy in any format you want if you paid for the orginal copy.

If you own he VHS you are allowed a digital copy

If you own the nes cartridge, you are allowed a digital ROM copy.

you're allowed to /make/ a copy in any format
this doesn't mean you can buy a VHS tape then download a bluray rip of the same film from the internet

a) local law states "unless functionally protection measures exist". so if they can be circumvented, are they really functional?

b) i pay copyleft tax to an alliance of rights holders on every storage medium i purchase purely because aforementioned law is in effect, which makes me double entitled

No they don't. When you buy a copy of something you are given a license for that copy only. Just because you bought a DVD in a store doesnt mean you can come home and torrent it.

Anyone got experience with Origin account sharing on PC? Obviously it's against TOS, but do they check and actually ban you for it?
Asking because a friend bought Battlefield and was planning on letting me play on his account, but I don't want to get his account axed.

also fuck you, i just didn't want to start a muh piracy shitshow in this thread

idgaf how they call it. i bought the thing and therefore i own it. it's common sense and one more example of why "justice" isnt always just.
anyways, lets not start a lawbook-thumping war and get back to the issue at hand.

>this doesn't mean you can buy a VHS tape then download a bluray rip of the same film from the internet
License transfer is fair use under the DMCA.
If i did a direct 1:1 copy of the vhs to dvd my self, the file is indistinguishable from one i would download online. You wouldnt prove otherwise.

Read:

Anyone knows if there's a program or tool where I could feed data of lots of S-curve charts and receive the functions of x using y and vice versa of the average or something like that?
Maybe a data mining software?
pls anons, It's for a college project

Attached: gra.jpg (444x357, 14K)

but if that had already happened then it would be quite obvious right?

Matlab
Go nuts

Should I get a tab s3 or the latest normal iPad for Christmas? I mostly want it for YouTube and jap cartoons

Is it realistic that I'm going to be able to do it if I've never done something like that before?
Is there documentation about it? Because I can't find shit

If I'm intending on using W10 LTSB, should I still follow the debotnet guide here?

fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1809.frag

Try it and find out
Search engines are your friend

Get a Mi Pad 4 instead. It's cheaper.

I was curious cause the tab s3 I’m told has a better screen

Are you planning to watch jap cartoons in 4k? If not, then what difference does it make?

How do I find the name of the company/organization that has the nameserver?

For example.

dig test.com ns

I get

test.com. 7200 IN NS ns66.worldnic.com.
test.com. 7200 IN NS ns65.worldnic.com

worldnic.com doesn't tell me much.

Most of it still applies. I'd use enterprise though.

Launch a huge DDoS attack against them. The company's name can be found in the lawsuit that follows.

What about sound quality isn’t that some chink shit?

Headphone jack, Bluetooth or Speakers? It has really powerful dual speakers that sound nice when the volume is high. At minimum volume level, you can hear some distortions, though. Like, some frequencies get filtered off more than the others. Headphone jack and bluetooth sound flawless. No noise or static whatsoever. You can easily find reviews online that go through this in detail.

My Nvidia control panel has killed itself.
>Try to open
>'Stopped working' error for nvplui.exe (the program itself, obviously), only says 'APPCRASH'
>Open Task Manager, find NV .exes
>Try suspending them then opening the program each in sequence
>When NVDisplay.Container is suspended, nplui opens but does nothing
>Resume, nplui crashes
I'm assuming there's something wrong with Display.Container itself rather than nplui, but I'm retarded and don't know how the two are connected. Not seeing anything online about this kind of problem.

Attached: stock photo of a shitposter.jpg (450x320, 21K)

I have a chinese apparently rooted tablet PC called teclast x10 plus, which has Android 5 and I have several questions.

First the owner forgot the screen lock password and it's impossible to recover, I tried doing a factory reset holding down power + volume down to enter the bootloader but I can't select any options, I can switch between the options "power off", "normal boot", "recovery mode", "reset bootloader" but I can't select any, it just doesn't work.

So I thought about reinstalling Android but it's confusing. In one forum there's a guide with 30 steps about how to install Android in a Samsung tablet. In another forum it just tells me to download an Android image to an usb stick and just install it (the tablet does have usb port). So which one is it? Can I just Install an Android image on the tablet?

It looks like I can boot from USB but I'm afraid of doing something wrong.I'm reading this linuxbsdos.com/2015/03/26/android-on-a-stick-or-how-to-install-android-x86-on-a-usb-stick/ and I want to install android 5

Also can I install android 6 or 8 ??

This is the tablet in question teclast.com/zt/x10plus/

yeah, you select with the power button and switch with the volume keys. But for some reason the power button does not work in that screen, it does nothing. If you hold it down then it just turns off the tablet. Pic related

Attached: 20181128_153549.jpg (1560x2080, 206K)

Your bootloader is unlocked and you have no secure boot.
Plug the tablet in to your pc,download the stock image from google, flash twrp,flash the images, then reboot

depends on how critical the registry was.
just shutdown your computer properly or use the sleep mode. holding down the power button is only for if your PC hard locks.

>appcrash
gotta love how helpful win10 error messages are

>10
7, probably should have said

I'm a noob about tablets but I'll try, if you have any other link I'll appreciate it, thank you.

is there any disadvantage to leaving the highest Roam aggressiveness on my wireless adapter?

>I want to start coding in order to get into the web development field, my friend says it should only take a few hours to learn the basics of HTML, C++, and java. what should i expect as a beginner with no experience? where do i start?

>a few hours
It depends on how much experience you have with programming.
Try learning HTML5 and CSS3 and see how much you like it (HTML and CSS are very forgiving with errors in what you write and simply skip it instead of spitting out errors in your face).
If you want to keep going into the web dev field I'd say look towards Javascript and PHP (those still have a very high demand these days).
If you want to do programming as in for actual programs then you could look at C++ and Java or maybe even python (depends on the demand where you live).
No way in hell you can learn all that in a "couple of hours" though. Just knowing everything about HTML5 and CSS3 should only take about a month though although it can take years before you have truly mastered an actual programming language like Javascript, PHP, C++ or Java.
Best of luck user, you're going to need it.

Hirens

nvm I just googled it, Thanks again.

I thought Hirens was old as shit and deprecated
Is this not the case?

it doesn't work on uefi machines but if you want to try it out you can always do so.
I haven't found a version like it that does UEFI yet though.

Also I just remembered System Rescue CD and Medicat that should work on UEFI.
I haven't had a chance to try them yet though.

how make recaptcha images to load faster?

i reinstalled windows 10 on a new SSD and now i can't change any of the default apps or file extension associations unless they're default windows or MS store apps. third party programs don't work. what the fuck

do i really have to do this shit in the registry now?

i fucked up my last install so i had to reinstall and recover some files
>pic related
can i expand the partition tho the blank space somehow? i don't need that empty partition wasting space

Attached: pic.png (777x525, 53K)

When it comes to video game consoles as DVD and blu ray players, are there any factors that make one better than others?

Is it possible to link my HP Laptop (with touch support) to my Desktop PC the same way you could a Wacom Cintiq?

Like what if I wanted my Desktop to power photoshop being used on my HP laptop?

Is there any way to log in to Discord while offline?

Attached: download (2).png (227x222, 2K)

Is there a program that i can feed images too and it will detect faces and apply a blur too them?