AMD unleashes wraith max

muropaketti.com/tietotekniikka/tietotekniikkauutiset/amdlta-ryzen-max-prosessoripaketit-joulumarkkinoille/

AMD will package Ryzens sold on December into bigger Wraith Max boxes. The CPU is the same usual but you will have even better boxed cooler than before.

This is a Christmas time campaign only.

Wraith Max has been sold as a separate item before with the price tag of 22 USD.

Attached: amd-wraith-max.jpg (1500x1212, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113544
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu,4951-4.html?_ga=1.23068155.1932145986.1448157588
youtu.be/vZgpHTaQ10k?t=731
youtu.be/_Sq0IxH6qHU
guru3d.com/files-details/download-ryzen-dram-calculator.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

meh

How are those coolers anyway? I hear they're perfect unless you want to so XFR2 / BCLK etc

Better than intel but still shit. Even the Evo212 is beter.

Is ayyymd unironically a better purchase than intel at the moment?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend.
Intel's top end is still the best for gay men, but that could change with 3rd gen Ryzen.

Only with expensive CL14 3400 RAM

On the upside you don't require exotic high end tripple fan AIO cooling, a hyper 212 evo is more than enough for a 2600X/2700X at 4.2GHz on all cores.

Attached: 1543245457465.png (1297x901, 591K)

All RAM is expensive though.
Was kinda looking to build a new desktop since my current one dates back to 2012. I paid around €40 for 8GB of RAM back then.
Imagine my shock when I saw the current RAM prices. Gonna wait until next year and see what NAND prices do.

You can get similar value with 2133MHz CL15 RAM right now but current zen really needs good RAM to push those FPS as much as possible. You can get a 200ge with a B450 and upgrade to zen 2 later on, it's assumed their core latency problem will get resolved by then and better RAM won't improve much but it's a gamble at this point. That's what I'm gonna do anyway. Even if good RAM is still needed I'll still get like ~10% better (not accounting for IPC uplift) single threaded performance or better with zen 2 anyway.

Attached: 1543352215681.png (1595x525, 364K)

I'm using a 3200 cl15 kit that i oc'd to 3466 cl15 and that makes it the same or faster as a 4.7 G 8700k lmao

Yeah, intel has been pretty disappointing after haswell, literally single digit IPC increments and higher prices. I remember when I really wanted to build an i7-5960X system and now I cringe at the thought. After zen 2, the 2700 will probably drop to ~$200 and become the new 2600 value-wise. Future looks pretty grim for intel, they were supposed to hash out 10nm chips since like 2016

>2600X/2700X at 4.2GHz on all cores.
havent you learn anything? all core OC is not that good on Zen+. PBO /XFR2 are working very well right now

Those things fluctuate with cooling and don't have the best voltages. It's much better to manually undervolt to ~1.35v to the highest possible frequency and stay there. Though yes, if you have beefy enough cooling you can let it do it's job.

>~1.35v
Enjoy that stock speed while i'm cruising @ 4.3 all core + 4.5 2 core lol

Meh, I don't like the extra fan noise and going above 1.35 will degrade your CPU faster.

>that could change with 3rd gen Ryzen

god i hope your right...

more gaming gayass RGB?
yaay AMD

Personally I think AMD already won with the 2600X, it's only 10% behind the highest end i9-9900K and if you use CL14 3400MHz RAM it's only 5% behind all while not requiring anything more than a $20 212 evo for cooling. The logistics of going from the 2600X to a high end intel system just don't make sense when the reward is so little. Zen 2 is just spitting on intel's grave.

Attached: relativeperformancegames19201080.png (500x1450, 95K)

It's operating withing amd spec faggot.
You can use negative offset you know

AMD specs says 1.45v is no thang but they're assuming you only use the CPU like 1 hour a day, negative offset is probably a good middle ground though.

It's fucking hard to kill a cpu.
I plan on replacing my 2700x with zen 2 anyways.
It doesn't even get hot with a nhd15

>nhd15
nice, I've never been a fan of spending that much for cooling but kudos to you man.

>only 10% behind
isn't this the age of 2-3% increases?

That much?
It's expensive in super poor countries but even there it's worth it.
You get the best air(and aio lmao) cooling on the planet, 6y of warranty and free socket mounting kits. The fans are godlike and have a friendly sound profile that doesn't disturb you.
It's like 100 burgers, that's dirt cheap in burgerland.
You buy this once and forget about it

I'm still waiting for the 220GE and the 240GE, when are those coming out.

Will probably be worse than the 2200G so just get that.

Not for AMD right now, they're going all out in their crusade against intel. Zen 2 is rumored to be at least 10% better than zen+ with IPC increase alone.

>AMD specs says 1.45v

The C6H overclocking guide cites 1.45v on ambient cooling is safe. Naturally ambient cooling in this context means big air or fat fucking watercooling.

Attached: silver arrow.jpg (300x300, 19K)

You're probably right but still I want to see it for myself.

The silver arrow, R1 ultimate, dark rock pro and (if you bolt a fan to it) le grand macho are pretty close to the D15 and some a noticeably cheaper. Honourable mention goes to the PH-TC14PE.

No they are not.
The tests that have them come close are shady at best and in most cases they test the d15 with one fan or the d14. They don't have noctua tier customer support, free mounting kits and the fan sound profile.
Why save like 30 bucks, that's nothing in the long run, and you will keep that noctua for a long time

>2018
>Muropaketti

>intel has been pretty disappointing after haswell with only single digit IPC gains
It's been like that since 2012 with Ivy Bridge. After Sandy Bridge IPC gains have been single digit increments.
How new are you?

Shill, plz. I'm not going to argue against Noctua's customer support as that is truly top notch but those other coolers do have similar performance to the D15 while being a touch louder. The D15 is the best make no mistake but its not the best by a large margin.

I guess you could call them similar but they will always lose by multiple C at even similar noise levels. And it's not the noise that is the only thing that matters it's the sound profile that makes it.
Noctua fans have a non intrusive sound that doesn't irritate my ears and sort of blends in, hard to explain but it's like those kinds of sound that you can sleep with(like the b17 engine hum).
When you add all of that up i really don't see the point in saving a little bit, and i'm coming from a cheaper tower cooler.
The size does suck though, not just in relation to ram but the space between the cooler and your GPU, i have to use a metal rod to push my mobos GPU release pin and it's a pain in the ass, it's also so huge it ostructs my mobos LGBT lights.
For an overclockers cpu cooler that you keep for many years i don't even think the price is that big.

Lol this, I use a super long flathead screwdriver for mine that I originally bought for discharging my shitty old CRT TV.

>tfw 3200 Hz, 15 cas, 1.35v ram
It's not that bad, right?

2600x or 2700x? Price isn't concern really. I like overclocking but haven't read much on the Ryzen2 stuff as of yet.

2990WX

this evo212 keeps the 220w 9590 meme processor running below 60c under moderate load.

You can get this polish chinkshit for roughly 40€, or gamble with the real chinkshit for 10-15€ less, and it will perform on par with 280/360 AIOs. You can get high-end cooling on super cheap these days.

Attached: obrazek[1].jpg (664x632, 94K)

I've got a 1700 at 3.8ghz cooled by the d15s
can't even hear my pc most of the time
at stock it barely hits 40c at load, OC'd it goes above 70 though

>3200Hz
my watch runs faster than that

Forgot the m
Nice quartz I guess

>only available with 2600x and 2700
So these cpus are not good sells?

fuck off CM shills

you don't like elvish, user?

Attached: deedo.gif (500x377, 1.99M)

I got Fera 2, great bang for buck ratio. Not sure how good the dual-tower ones are from them, they might not be as good.

Scythe 5 Mugen and first generation Fuma (second gen Fuma is worse/has issues dissipating heat, so avoid) are quite good though.

Last machines I built have been Intel. Haven't used amd since the 2000s. Kinda interested just on a better bang for your buck basis of switching to amd.
I just don't feel the need to upgrade as much as I used to. I need to justify the performance jump for the investment.

Anyway, stock fans are for faggots
Water and/or led fans all the way

Attached: wraith_max.jpg (700x419, 155K)

O M G

BUY NOW!!! IM TOTALLY NOT AN AMD SHILL

Attached: 1528987497987.jpg (960x878, 125K)

>CM shills
>Wraith Max is actually a CM cooler
What did he mean by this?

Isn't the Wraith Prism better than the Max?

>they're going all out in their crusade against intel
I think you mean "holocaust"

Lmao, AMD marketer btfo.

Pretty sure AMD said going above 1.35V will notably shorten processor life, even with high end cooling.

At least, that was true for Zen. Not sure if Zen+ somehow changed that

$90 is quite a bit for a cooler, especially when it's within a degree or two of the $47 Scythe Fuma

The 200GE is already out: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113544

It's a G4560/5400 on AM4, that's about it.

If price isn't a concern why not just get the 2700X? It has more cores, so it'll be generally more useful and faster than the 2600X.

>Pretty sure AMD said going above 1.35V will notably shorten processor life, even with high end cooling
Pretty sure you need to provide a source.

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu,4951-4.html?_ga=1.23068155.1932145986.1448157588

I dunno where AMD's "official" statement is going to be - probably buried on some forum somewhere. But Tom's is reasonably reliable, other than the whole "just buy an RTX card, goy" thing.

Attached: max.jpg (151x127, 4K)

> But Tom's is reasonably reliable

lol

For something like this, anyway. I mean, what reason would they have for lying about safe voltages

I've been using the same watercooling loop for 8 years now; just replace the cheap block when doing CPU upgrade. Do people really care about a special shitty boxed aircooler?

Some people would rather not have to worry that their cpu will one day die because of a leak for slightly better temps.

Yes, it will be the case for years to come. Everywhere from low to high end.

>security patches come
>performance drops by over 10% making Intel perform worse than AMD
No, Intel is shit and shouldn't earn any more money

>for slightly better temps.
Only when compared to stock coolers and shitty tower coolers. Dual tower coolers are equal to or better in performance than AIOs or custom loops.

Water cooling is objectively retarded.

the cool kids moved to io-tech.fi

you can get gskill aegis for the same price, 3000mhz cl16

>I dunno where AMD's "official" statement is going to be - probably buried on some forum somewhere.
>one of two x86 suppliers is going to bury a critical specification of their chips somewhere on a forum
user...
Anyways, AMD's example overclock in the RyzenMaster User Guide sets the voltage to 1.4.

amd said 1.425v youtu.be/vZgpHTaQ10k?t=731

toms is like the reddit of pc forums. huge circle jerk and in the end you leave with no info gained

PBO is great, the only nitpick I have with it is the voltage it applies for a given clock.

On my CPU I can do -0.5V vcore and I get the same stable clock that XFR2/PBO will max out at.

youtu.be/_Sq0IxH6qHU

Fucking jews man

This fucking meme again. I bet it works very well for your shit FX CPU.

fuckoff to pol trash

oic

That's not a meme. Look at how little aluminium the Intel stock coolers use. That just can't work, so even under light load, the fan spins up and down aggressively. It's annoying and they even bundle such shit with things like i7-8700 that will go way over TDP easilly.

Even just the passive-part mass is vastly better on AMD stock HS, that's just a fact. And the Spire cooler they give with 1600, 2600X and 2700 has a coper core with vapor chamber so it is actually usable.

"get back to pol" and all its variations need to be wordfiltered

you fuck off, astroturfer

A shittier version of the Prism, which is also shit. I already argued with a moron about this today so I hope I won't have to today. The MAX came out along with the first gen ryzen (separately). The cooler is hot garbage. As I said, it's worse than the prism, and the prism is shite. It's fucking terrible and noisy and (IMO) ugly as fuck. They just want to get rid of those. Do yourself a favour and get the cheaper non-cooler version and spend a little extra to get A noctua / be quiet / cryorig heatsink or whatever meme AIO cooler you want.

That said, it's still better than intel's shit.

Will this work for THreadripper?

>by the way, if you can, buy Samsung b-die
Wish I had paid attention to this video before I bought Hymen RAM last year.

This is only for 1xxx xcpus
a 2700x will run at higher voltage than that at defaults(for 2 core boost)

>a 2700x will run at higher voltage than that at defaults(for 2 core boost)
YOU BLOODY IDIOT!
2gen is on a smaller less energy efficient node. It's the OPPOSITE
2gen can run at a lower voltage safely than 1st gen.
1.425V for first gen.
1.38V for second gen.

Your chips handle MORE voltage the bigger the nm size, and can handle lesss and less voltage the smaller they get.
FUCK. CHIRST.

it's like saying your dick is a sensitive body part, so it surely can handle sand paper better than your hands or feet.

Why are you trying to argue facts with me, i'm not amd and i didn't set the cpu to use that much voltage when boosting.

BOOSTING FOR SPLIT SECOND AND CONSTANT 24/7 VOLTAGE ARE DIFFERENT THINGS!
Boosting to 1.5V for 0.001 second is not the same as staying on that voltage for days.

Just got a Taichi, 3200mhz 14 cas ram, and a 2700 (no x). What are some good safe voltages and clock speeds?

Yes?
That's what i said here , it clearly reads "for 2 core boost"
Are you incapable of reading

kys shill

guru3d.com/files-details/download-ryzen-dram-calculator.html

unrelated, but can I ask whether Noctua NH-D15 will fit into CM 430 Elite Black?

Why didn't you get a crosshair, it's so much better overall. Component quality isn't everything, ability to deliver proper voltages and actually functioning bios is what makes a mobo.
No idea what you need to change in that convoluted bios(at least it isn't a gigabyte) but negative offset it as far as you can, also a bad choice getting the 2700 non x because it has a worse memory controller, oc your ram to 3466 cl15, look up stilts timings(they are preloaded into the crosshair). Overall the voltage limit is the same as always, try to not exceed 1.4 or 1.42 when pushing it but the voltage will be dynamic since the cpu auto ocs

1.38V max on your CPU

>hurr expensive ram
cl15 3000Mhz is enough.

Threadripper air cooler looks neat.

Attached: 13_7f2b250f2d3bb2c0c595f4904e929554_1534121782.jpg (800x468, 58K)

Intlels shills logic is retarded because who want to buy shitty cheap RAM just to be able to afford their CPU anyway? I wanted nice RAM, and it just so happens I have a processor that actually sees a substantial benefit from it so I feel better spending a little more on it.

You've got to be poor enough that you can only afford the loosest ram with your 9900k but not rich enough to buy a 2700x and 3200 CL14 ram. How that equation works out is beyond me but its the Intel way.