Should I be using win 10 or win 7?

should I be using win 10 or win 7?

Attached: 9DbTi.jpg (766x758, 323K)

you evidently know the answer

Windows 7 between those two choices

I really don't understand why anyone would use Windows. It simply fails to adequately perform simple tasks.

lol was this done in high school art class?

its for meh games

Buy a Playstation instead.

Retard
Double boot then

8.1 Enterprise

>Retard
Why? It plays games doesn't it?

Name 5 simple tasks it fails to adequately perform.

LAN file transfers, burning disc images, searching for files, automating actions, recognising file systems.

I give up already, there are some retards who ignore 8.1 and switch to spywareX from windows 7

Every Windows version since XP has a universal backdoor.

I'll accept recognising file systems, but you'll need to elaborate on the other 4.

I have yet to find a way that works for those four things.

Those 4 things are all possible on Windows.

How?

install gentoo

8.1 with the windows store and etc stripped out is comfy as fuck.

The only issue is driver support for things like graphics cards. Specifically AMD dropping support for 8.1 in their drivers and moving forward with only 10 and 7

Honestly I woudn't go back to Windows 7.
10 is honestly fine (after few magic trick)

install gentoo

>penguinfag saying a nother os can't perform simple tasks
>mfw
you can't even turn off mouse acc without writing code lmao

Attached: kek franku.png (300x300, 112K)

>you can't even do X without doing it
You sure won, kid.

your GUI is a joke compared to windows

Who gives a shit? At least GNU allows the user to complete simple tasks easily.

>anything on loonix being done easily

Attached: kek nepu.gif (235x320, 2.97M)

What did he mean by this?

Attached: u dumb.png (968x416, 60K)

Why do you think text is bad?

Attached: microdick.png (220x165, 58K)

>1: Open search engine
>2: "How to do thing in windows X"
Try not to be flabbergasted by the sheer level of answers and support.

>Try not to be flabbergasted by the sheer level of retarded pajeets
FTFY

Oh yeah, because spending a month looking through 3 year old threads written by elitist morons is WAY better.

it can't be done on ubuntu or tails

It has nothing to do with the distro, retard.

there is no gui for doing it in ubuntu or tails mate. I don't know where you got your screenshot from

That's not my screenshot, but that is clearly just the GNOME tweak tool. It has nothing to do with a distro. There is no such thing as distro exclusive software.

>needing to install a tweak tool so that you can adjust the most basic shit ever
>not having those options built in

Attached: 1fszgsfd.png (1920x1080, 1023K)

So... hol' up, I just want to be clear...
Linux guys have to download a separate program JUST to, outside coding it yourself, make basic changes to the desktop environment? And you don't see ANYTHING strange about this?

What do you mean "built in"? Do you mean in the base packages? Because xinput is part of Xorg with most distros.
If you want a graphical frontend for it, yes. But you can just write a single line in your xinit config file for the same result.

why are linux operating systems always so lacking in native features? it's like you have to manually code everything. what a chore.

>What do you mean "built in"
I mean built into the native GUI without downloading or coding anything

>"Hey user I'm using this new operating system you sent me, but how to change these settings?"
>"Well, first you open the terminal..."

Pfft... HA HA HA HA HA!!!
2% market share? YUP! Sounds about right!

Probably because Linux is a kernel. But I don't see how setting pre-defined parameters is "coding".

There is no native GUI. All of that has to be installed separately.
Most people are computer illiterate? So what?

Depends which DE. GNOME is notoriously shit. But MATE/KDE, which are superior to GNOME and can emulate a W7-8-10 desktop perfectly, don't have this problem.
In fact, installing themes on Linux is easier than on Windows. On Linux, it's as easy as drag and dropping the theme into your .themes folder.
Windows requires you to install sketchy third party software.
Although I'll say the XP Vista Inspirat pack is peak comfy. Wish there were a Linux port.

writing commands in a programming language counts as coding. my point is that those things could have easily been put into the settings GUI so you could just click on them instead

Linux has repositories, unlike some other OS. It's literally two clicks away.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-28 20-07-46.png (1213x406, 43K)

Playstation plays games like a fridge magnet calculator does trig.

this is the case for every DE but gnome

Attached: Appearance-Customize-Theme.jpg (363x476, 21K)

>There is no native GUI. All of that has to be installed separately.
when you install a distro you get the default GUI for that distro

Then add it yourself. Other people really don't care and/or prefer the ease of config files.

maybe I will

Even when a distro has a "default" GUI it has to be installed along with everything else. Just because the process is automated doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Huh, isn't that the same as windows? The GUI is installed with the system. What's your point?

It is developed independently and has no bearing on the distro, since one can always uninstall it and install a new one in its place.

Yes, because unlike Linux, we don't need to make changes to the core of our operating system just to get it working.

HEY LINUX-FAGS! HOW ARE YOUR DRIVERS WORKING TODAY?

My drivers are fine. Linux handles that for me.

Shocker. And here I was, waiting to hear you had to download some other shit just to get the sound to work.

I just downloaded alsa and it worked fine.

>having to download something just to get your sound to work

Attached: kek (2).jpg (200x200, 10K)

OH GOD MY SIDES

No, the audio drivers always worked. That is just to control it. It literally takes 5 seconds to install it. No need for a wizard full of malware or anything.

this thread proves that only neet basement dwellers use Loonix as it requires you time having no value

see Windows is literally unusable.

>needing to download something just to control your audio

Attached: kek ash.jpg (960x488, 29K)

>Needs third party software to change basic ass shit like mouse control and sound.
Not as much as Linux, apparently.

>third party
The kernel is third party, too. What is your point? GNU is easy and simple to use, Windows is so dumbed down that you can't do anything.
You need to download a lot of things. That's what a repo is for.

>needing a repo

Attached: kek hakase.gif (400x225, 1.63M)

Fuck dudes I just blew $250 on a sub. I've had these $80 Presonus Ceres 3.5 bt speakers for about a year now and they have blown away my collection of trash speakers. I decided to buy a sub. Am I going to get bummed out on my bookshelf speakers now? I hope I dont have to spend any more money.

Attached: TemblorT8-large.jpg (744x750, 31K)

Where else would you download software from?

>needing to download additional software just to get shit to work

Attached: kek wazaaaaap.jpg (225x225, 4K)

I don't know where you would draw the line at additional. You have to download all the individual pieces of an OS separately. Why is this a sticking point?

"easy and simple to use," he says. If it's so "easy," why do about 98% of computer users avoid it like the plague? We still live in a world where mentioning you run Linux immediately sets someone up as a raging computer nerd.
According to you, Windows is SO dumbed down I shouldn't be able to burn ISO's at all, let alone for free. But I do, while still avoiding malware.

"Download from our safe, womb-textured repository user. It's all you need. You don't need that icky OTHER software. Until you do then... uh... good luck."

>You have to download all the individual pieces of an OS separately
no you don't. you download one iso and that's it

if you have to ask you should probably be on Training Wheels OS

penguinfags eternally BTFO

With Windows, you get everything the AVERAGE user will need out of the box. No muss, no fuss, it's just there. Linux users will rightfully call many of these functions bloat - but for things which offer basic ease of functionality, things nearly every user will use or change at some point, it's simply absurd to find they're either missing or behind the terminal.

Depends on the distro.
EXT, ZFS, HFS support? GNU core utilities? A usable shell? Emacs? File archiving? Come on now.
Just because most people are retarded doesn't make GNU any less easy.
>Windows is SO dumbed down I shouldn't be able to burn ISO's at all, let alone for free. But I do, while still avoiding malware.
Windows is malware.

>Implying the average user cares about any of that
I even put it in caps, dumbass. You know, to imply the AVERAGE user of a computer? One who doesn't give a flying fuck about backing up files, let alone archiving?

>Majority of people don't use something because they find it too difficult, obtuse, or complicated, and because they enjoy something simpler while retaining functions they use.
>"They're just retarded. They should use MY thing, that supports things I care about."
Reminder that the best OS is the one most comfortable to the user.

>Windows is malware
And Linux is a rickety pile of boards being called a chevrolet.

I do it because it saves me the hassle of fixing shit constantly.

>Depends on the distro
what kind of meme distro are you using? gentoo? arch? lmao

>I even put it in caps, dumbass. You know, to imply the AVERAGE user of a computer? One who doesn't give a flying fuck about backing up files, let alone archiving?
What kind of people do you know?
>Reminder that the best OS is the one most comfortable to the user.
No, that is retarded.
>And Linux is a rickety pile of boards being called a chevrolet.
It's just a kernel.
Like when the updates delete your files?
GuixSD.

>Like when the updates delete your files?
No, thank god. Is it something that commonly happens with Linux? Good thing I don't use it anymore.

>GuixSD.
hipster faggot

Happens all the time with Windows.
How so? It is an excellent distro with a strong philosophy.

Huh, never happened to me.

Happened to millions of users.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>What kind of people do you know?
In real life? More than 5 individuals. Which, unlike you, is something I can honestly say. Seriously, have you EVER talked to someone who hasn't dabbled in programming? There's a lot of them, and they do stupid shit with computers. You would put the operating system in their hands? With just an "ask questions if you have 'em?"
>No, that is retarded.
Why? Because if I clap 3 times and believe in myself, I could maybe do something I don't want to? "Learn Linux!" or I could, you know, not. I hate Windows 10 as much as anyone but, as I type this on a Linux machine, Linux is NOT great.

Here's a winger for you: maybe I don't care about my computer beyond the fact it runs. Maybe, like with that 98% of people who don't run Linux, I have other things I prefer to do with my time. Maybe it's not a fear of learning, but instead just not wanting to work for something I don't have any desire or need to - not when the end result is the full level of functionality I want.

You do know Linux is the most popular kernel in the world, right?

8.1 is the best middle ground. Soon as support for it runs out I'm done with windows.

Okay, full stop here:
Are we talking about OPERATING SYSTEMS or KERNELS? I want to compare apples to apples, and jumping around between "distro" and "kernel" is getting annoying.
>When your shit is only popular because it's good in phones.

Attached: Note this is only desktops and laptops.png (1366x768, 115K)

Well Linux is a kernel, so when you say Linux you are talking about kernels.

...OR a Linux distribution, because clarifying it as "Linux distro" all the time gets annoying. It's like saying "Windows" in the current context - you have enough to go on to know we're talking about an operating system. Given the context of our conversation, I just find it tedious having to clarify or name a specific distro.
But yes, to clarify: I mean something that runs the Linux kernel, which could be used in place of a Windows operating system. My specific gripe being the work and research needed to do otherwise simple tasks, such as make certain cosmetic changes.

Just say GNU/Linux if that is what you mean. Linux is a kernel, nothing more.
>My specific gripe being the work and research needed to do otherwise simple tasks, such as make certain cosmetic changes.
Just read the man page if you don't know the commands. It isn't rocket science.

Hes making fun of you because there's a shit ton of different distros, including user friendly ones that you dont have to install shit for. Mx linux has a lot of features out the box Including wifi, sound, and a bunch of other shit all wrapped up in a nice package like you were memeing about earlier. I installed mx linux and used it without installing shit from the repo for like a week until I got an audio player off the repo. Dont even bother using that as some form of gotcha because the windows default music player is near unusable, and I use winamp on windows.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF MEEEEE
Wish I had that letter from Linus. Would be nice to slap that shit on Satan.

Don't mind us too much, we're just taking the piss. Gettin' some REAL male bonding going on.
>default music player is near unusable
Really? Never had any problems with it, myself. Hell it's not perfect, I know but... any specific gripes?

Linus knows that Linux is a kernel, he wrote the bloody thing.

I found the thing.
And, oh hey, guess what Linus calls his creation, Linux? I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with "poperating system."

Attached: Oh shit.jpg (806x938, 337K)