Learning python3

>learning python3
>never coded before, but taking course on codecademy
>can feel my competency growing and it is starting to make more sense, doing better on the quizzes, completing the tasks faster
hello brothers

Attached: 1534258016311.png (3340x3176, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ss64.com/
datasciencecourse.org/lectures/
cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html
interactivepython.org/runestone/static/pythonds/index.html
coursera.org/specializations/python
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

typing "import" doesn't count, friendo

im learning how to write simple functions and boolean statements, and sort lists :(

python is fucking shit why this language is so digusting.

Now try Haskell

because im a brainlet and need to start on ez mode, what would you recommend and why user?

If you think python is disgusting, try perl.

Don't let people on here make you feel like shit, you're doing good. However, you'll always feel incompetent. I've been programming for years in a lot of different languages, and yet everybody else is building skyscrapers while I build houses.

10 GBP to you user.

Something I wish I would've known earlier though:

Coding is about more than just learning how to code. Tools like git, knowing your ide/text editor/regex, metaprogramming, learning a good testing framework, etc., all become more and more important as you have your languages down. You should define what your endgame is. What kinds of fields do you want to master? High performance computing? AI? Security? Operating Systems? Pick a domain to get really good at and learn the unique parts of it, then find a job where that knowledge will make you indispensible. Not everything in C.S. is relevant to every subdiscipline, so you should figure out what you need to know before trying to devour textbooks you'll throw away in five years like I did.

he's just being an ass. keep learning

On the other hand it forces even brainless to at least format their code correctly.

>what would you recommend and why user
this guy

if you feel ok with python - use it. eventually you will go for something else

Since this is already a Python brainlet thread, I might as well just ask here.
What are some good resources to get a quick overview over the basic syntax, but without going through mindnumbing tutorials? Something like ss64.com/ but for Python.

Attached: 1538749886813.png (845x777, 405K)

learn python in y minutes

Attached: dk-effect-1.png (356x245, 25K)

Thanks, mate.

I wrote my own programming language in 20,000 lines of beautiful C that is nearly as dynamic as Python and twice as fast. You are just a child.

I wrote my own programming language in 25,000 lines of beautiful C that is more dynamic than Python and twice as fast. You are just a child.

thanks user
and thanks to you too user, my dad works for a mil defense contractor and says they all need cyber security guys, and i love blockchain tech stuff as well, and apparently there is a course where you build a blockchain in Python on codecademy so that's why i started there, so somewhere between blockchain and cybersec i guess

Ignore the fags complaining about language. Learning to code is distinct from learning a language and its syntax. 95% of the skills are transferable, to the point that most programmers are polyglot. Just keep learning and working on the fundamentals. You've got a way to go before language becomes important.

You can do 'blockchain engineering' in any language, they all have APIs. Most people are using Go or Rust these days for simple things like an etherememe contract or C++ for gigantic custom APIs for enormous trading sites though you could do that in Rust as well. The only thing I like about Rust is the dead simple datastructures like 'vector'.

Afterwards try this, it's completely open (all the homework, all the lectures/office hours ect) datasciencecourse.org/lectures/
If you can already figure out Python it won't be very difficult. Good crash course in web dev like how to grab shit from APIs and format them in their terrible Dict/List embedded formats.
There's also this, an entire intro to CS done in Python by CMU cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html click on each subject, short youtube vids explaining whats going on.

All above done in Python3

I wrote my own language in terminal that's only 7 characters long and just as flexible as python

>python3

Checkmate atheist reddit

Yet you still haven't used a single bracket

interactivepython.org/runestone/static/pythonds/index.html

>tfw learn to program a decade ago and still dont know what i want to do
I just know i hate every program i touch. Every single one. Specially the ones i created.

Attached: images.png (270x187, 7K)

>be me
>collegefag cause too poorfag to go to university
>programming class. java because it's required to be taken first before you can do anything else
>this one tranny fag thinks he's a god 'cause he knows how to do python
can these fags actually shut up and learn c using notepad and gcc and stop thinking you're so cool because your IDE does half the work for you

>this one tranny mentioned they knew python and I've been sitting in my bed thinking all week about how much better I am

>quizzes=actually designing and writing software
Thanks for the laugh bucko.
You can now hang yourself

checked and thanks anons

I'm on Coursera myself and was wondering if I fucked up? I'm on Unit 3 so far
coursera.org/specializations/python

If you think perl is digusting, try pascal

if you think pascal is ugly try your mom

what is programming other than a consummation of many small tasks?