Get sent encrypted email using microsoft office

>get sent encrypted email using microsoft office
>requires my email to send a pass code to to view
>what was the point if I had access to my email to read the email in the first place

Attached: pikachu.jpg (1200x800, 31K)

pika pika

stop trying to force this retarded pikachu meme

You exchange PGP keys IRL and decrypt the emails locally. Anything else is pure placebo.

if you exchange the pgp keys in person, whats the point of emails? just exchange the emailed info in person, theres no need for an email .
idiot.

>durr what's the point of instant communication across the globe when you seen this person one time to give him pgp keys

i understand the value of instant communication across the globe. How is handing someone the pgp key in person superior to transmitting them via the internet? Please explain the difference, im trying to understand.

Attached: Prism-slide-8.jpg (700x525, 147K)

if i hand over a pgp key in person to someone to secure an email received across the planet, the pgp key STILL has to be communicated across the planet. How is it superior for someone i hand the key to in person to transmit the pgp key across the planet, than it is for myself to transmit it across the planet? Seems to me this is adding an unnecessary person to the equation which is an additional security threat .

what?
you hand the key in-person once to make sure it isn't intercepted by some third party if you were to send that key with sms or a plain email message
but after that's done, you don't ever need to meet that guy in-person again and you can send as many encrypted emails as you want, until you decide your key might be compromised and generate a new one (or a new pair) - only then do you need a secure channel to pass that key to someone

holy hell do you not know know how public key encryption works?

You don't have to do that irl, diffie-hellman works fine.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD HOLLY SHIT SLASH G SLASH
NOBODY KNOWS HOW PGP WORKS NOT EVEN THE GUY WHO BROUGHT IT UP
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:^)

DELETE this thread right fucking now.

>What's MITM?

you can also split the key into multiple parts and snail mail it to seperate locations

>spastic 1 sends spastic 2 their public key

>Spastic 2 uses public key to encrypt message, sends to spastic 1

>Spastic 1 uses private key that never gets transmitted to decrypt message

Anything else is pissing in to your own face, fucking Reddit get off this board

>spastic 1 sends spastic 2 their public key
>sends

How exactly do they send it?

You know that keyservers exist, right?

You have to assume the key server is controlled by the attacker.

Send the public key by mail and then call the guy to verify the sha512 hash of the key

They might as well publish it publicly for everyone to see. That's the point of a public key. It's useless without the private key, which would be a closely guarded secret.

I believe he was on about MITM the public key and swapping it out on the fly, followed up by decrypting and re-encrypting every mail with this bogus key.

Eh, that wouldn't work. The public key only works for the private key it's paired with. Changing the public key would mean the receiver will not be able to decrypt it with his private key.

You didn't get was I was saying. Suppose Eve controls all the mail servers of the provider Alice uses. Alice now sends her public key via e-mail to Bob. Eve intercepts the e-mail and substitutes the key for a different one she generates and controls. Now Bob uses the key to encrypt messages and send them to Alice, as these messages have to go through the servers Eve controls she uses the Bogus key-pair to decrypt the message and then re-encrypts the message with the original public key of Alice.
This does work and that's the reason you use a third channel to transmit the key, the important part being that a potential attacker has no control over the channel. Which is why physically meeting up is a good channel, alternatively you could also do what I proposed in .

Ah yes. After I posted I realized I probably goofed and something like this might be possible.
You're completely right.

what are you engaged in that makes you think you're the target of some delicate keyserver man in the middle operation?

You should get an MFA challenge instead of an email challenge.
You did enable MFA........ right, user?

i am illegally downloading ram

kys faggot