How is job hunt going? Got that offer from Google yet?

How is job hunt going? Got that offer from Google yet?

Attached: wink.jpg (500x500, 31K)

I have a skype interview on monday. Not with google tho.

Attached: b47.png (1663x1568, 658K)

Nope, but I got one from Ford.

Nah. Google rejected me but I got a good offer from bbbbezos. But honestly might be better? that sweet amazon stock really wet my pp

Got a nice job as a application manager 2 weeks ago.
Pretty good and pretty easy.
Also nice payout considering i didnt go to college

>reported the sexual harassment directly to bezos personal email
you're fucked, misogynist.

I just retired at 30.

Had enough of that whole work thing.

Waiting on a job offer from AMD
As I was walked out of the building after my interview they pretty much told me I was getting the job, but that they still needed to interview the other applicants before sending out an offer.

Yes actually. I start at Google in January.

I got laid off in June and stopped applying for jobs recently.

>job

>job hunt
>NEET

>How is job hunt going?
Terrible. I can't get a job without experience and I can't get experience without a job.

Lie.

Go to school hoe

I'm too lazy to find a real job, too lazy to finish a real uni and have no outstanding skills to be noticed otherwise. That's why I went in a military academy.

Attached: 1536697906234.jpg (341x450, 122K)

This.

I'm about to get promoted to senior data analyst/scientist 1st year out of college. I lied that my "internship" working at the company my mom is the CFO for lasted 1 year instead of 3 months.

Got me the first job 8 months ago. Now I have almost 2 years of exp according to my resume and my linked in is overflowing.

I make 65k
Jump to 80+ after this promo

Not bad for some one graduating with an economics degree from Unranked college.

Doing an internship at a semi government organization doing research on machine learning.
Got told they have an old people problem and are desperately looking for young blood so I might just try to get a job there after I graduate. If I don't come across anything better that is.

About to graduate and got a job offer from an Indian consultant company for 65k, getting a bad vibe though... Are Glassdoor reviews reliable?

>working for google
Sorry im not a flaming faggot im happy with my dev job at cap one with a real work environment not that bs google shiy.

Attached: eLFq0f7_d.jpg (640x360, 21K)

Sorry you couldnt get in either user. Were here for you.

Amazon is bretty gud so far.

what makes you think a self respecting man like me wants to work for a silicone valley company.

I'm already working for some time now

I'm gonna take a hacking class next semester, will probably just hack into an job and hire myself. ;)

Pretty good. Signed a contract today, straight out declined a google offer.

why you have to lie here ?

he doesnt know

> zoomer is a senior data scientist
cannot wait for this tech bubble to burst

I'm 23(not a zoomer I think) and I'll have a masters degree by the end of the school year. I am not unqualified.

So any of you fags actually working at one of these tech unicorn jobs? Living the fucking dream or what?

Attached: 1534283358429.jpg (1024x1822, 193K)

Sure do.

Nothing from Google, but the freelancing is going nicely.

>masters in meme economics
>qualified to type calls to scipy packages

Nice. I'm sure no one else can do that without 5+ years of university

The point is you could pass for 1 year of exp, don't try this lying shiz if you suck.

Why would I lie?

Attached: sir-brendan-frasier-the-just-6336843.png (500x803, 181K)

Tbh I don't know which one is wiser
- Jumping straight into the meme, do basic regression and call it machine learning, and using bunch of algorithms I don't really understand but get the job done
-Do the exact opposite and aim at replacing the boomers that are going to retire by learning FORTRAN and other old and proven stuff that are too inane for the average zoomer.

Just practice firm handshake. Works on my machine.

>Hiring freeze

Been sending out internship applications to a bunch of places, google and microsoft included. Not super hopeful though because I'm a Physics student and my github is unimpressive. I have a cool collection of hackathon projects on devpost though.

I've done two of my first online technical assessments on hackerrank though, for goldman sachs and american express. Made me realize just how bad my dyslexia is though, even when I know exactly what to do I struggle to get it done in the allotted time. Have the same problem in my maths exams except I get extra time, I use it all but I get high grades every time so I'm not just bullshitting either. Doing the tests though are nice to confirm that I do actually kinda know what I'm doing even though I'm self taught. Really hoping I get something cool though, feel like it's all I need to make up for the fact I'm not studying compsci.

This is a blog post but...you asked.

Attached: amiretarded.png (1014x720, 1.02M)

Don't put unicorn jobs on a pedestal. You just get used to it. Still a job at the end of the day. hedonic adaptation

Graduation is next weekend and even the company I've been co-oping with hasn't offered me anything. At this point I've resorted to picking a random state every day and applying for everything on the first two pages of an indeed search.

Not as fun as people make it, probably won't last long here. I have panic attacks out of the smallest little thing. Pay is great tho

I reached the point where I have to reject most freelancing offers.

why the fuck did I say though so many times though

if you have dyslexia, chances are you also have ADHD

>unicorn jobs
stop using that stupid fucking term

Attached: skeptical.gif (250x250, 830K)

fuck sake user now I'm gonna go do some vague online tests that will tell anyone they have adhd and it'll be on my mind for the rest of the month just like when someone thought I had autism

>now I'm gonna go do some vague online tests
idiot, go see a shrink and actually get tested, if your diagnosed you can get meds and no more issues with time restraints
t. ADHD lad who wised up

still working at it, just trying to get a internship for this summer. How fucked am i as an EE if i don't get a internship this summer (im a junior now)

yea I'm fine senpai
legit still not sure about the autism tho

Attached: adhd.png (735x494, 62K)

Pretty shit.
Funding for research got cut to fuck all in Australia so post doctorate positions are non existent now and the job offer I had in the US fell through because of a business falling out between the two collaborators.

Attached: peachcry.jpg (500x434, 34K)

They're actually really shitty jobs and there's a reason most people just last until their first review then get out.

First, the only way you are getting a good job a BigTechCo is if you're somebody they are scared a competitor might hire, so you are parachuted in and given a golden contract and signing bonus to do nothing all day with a fancy title. Usually these are PhDs. These people stay there for life. Everybody else, you end up hired on min salary to work on some crud business logic app. You hate your job so look around the company to get on a different project that's actually interesting for you. There will always be excuses why you can't get into these fields, even if your entire degree was in said field. You actually believe their excuses and just wagecuck it out, when finally, your annual review comes up where you can argue your case how you think your talents are completely wasted by doing a job a literal monkey could do. You get told to quit, and the blackpill is revealed: they never had any intention of actually keeping you, or anybody else. They want yearly turnover and it's super cheap to recruit from ivy league schools to get low cost work force. You will only be offered management roles from there on in because you were never hired for a technical role, they are disposable and can just be H1b candidates or project moved to another country to keep salaries low. But if you want to be project manager of the same business logic crud factory you just spent a year in, please do apply otherwise get the fuck out thanks for working at BigTechMonopoly.

Everybody beside you, is equally under utilized. I worked with a guy who spent 3+yrs in browser security competitions, who just churned out mundane features all day. We both quit on the same day, became freelancers, and were promptly contracted at daily rates in our chosen fields. Meanwhile BigTech wanted us to glue together libraries and shine buttons.

Attached: 350815000_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

>trusting internet test
for fucks sake dude, just make an appointment with a psychologist

How do I make this happen?
Currently 21 and already tired of that whole work thing.

go work somewhere with a lot of overtime, like finance or IBM or something. If no overtime freelance yourself on days off so income everyday. Spend no money. Eat lentils and go jog trails with running groups for free after work. Go kite surfing. Do calisthenics in a park. 5yrs you will have $500k minus taxes, minus your living costs which should be low as you are cheaping out. Now invest $300k money in something with enough returns you can live off usually people do funds that average the stock market as a whole. Get a $36k/yr salary, only work whenever you want. Ur retired

Live like a poorfag just so you can "retire" and continue living like a poorfag

I sent out applications yesterday and I've had the most depressing day watching the rejection emails roll in.

Attached: tttttt.png (800x800, 23K)

My GPA was literally 2.1 (from a state school) when I graduated. So no I didn't even attempt at Google.
I've got an ALRIGHT salaried web position right now. Plan is move on from them, land a better gig, work my ASS off there for a few years, then finally move on to google as a L3 or L4?

Wow, you get responses that fast?