Anti-pollution masks

Considering the worldwide genocide happening due to air pollution -- especially in cities -- I've been looking at getting myself a proper mask so I won't end up as part of the statistics in the future.

I've found that cloth masks are mostly useless, and if you want to at get something which actually works, you'd have to get a mask rated at least N95. Still, N99 would be better.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160819114227.htm

Searching through eBay, you can find something like this:
ebay.com/itm/Dust-Electric-Mask-PM-2-5-Outdoor-Mask-Gas-Filter-Protection-Respirator-N99/332904950166

It's cheap, rated N99, and reusable with an intake valve no less, but suspicion creeps in when the only filter you replace is the one in the valve. What about the surrounding fabric, etc? Looking at other products like for example Respro masks, you notice that the inner fabric needs to be replaced. Although it does say "silicone breathing mask" which might indicate a complete seal, leaving only the valve for exhaust and intake. Can you really breathe a comfortable amount of air in something like this?

Anyway, do any Jow Forumsents here own and use such masks? What do you make of this tech and how they're becoming more common?

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

respro.com/store/product/cinqro-mask
ebay.com/itm/Dust-Electric-Mask-PM-2-5-Outdoor-Mask-Gas-Filter-Protection-Respirator-N99/332904950166
homedepot.com/p/3M-Pro-Medium-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-with-Quick-Latch-65023QLHA1-C/206408988
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-polluted_cities_by_particulate_matter_concentration
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3M particulate mask
they are like 10 for $5
now fuck off

Not fashionable enough for everyday use.

There are N99 masks on Amazon that work in Beijing / Blade Runner tier air conditions.

t. used one last summer in Seattle

Well get one of those 3m triangular filter respirators from the hardware store then, and get some cartridges for the pollutants you expect to deal with. Maybe grow your hair out so you can make thick braids to cover up the straps with.

something with a cartridge for vapors and a tighter seal around the face than paper and a rubber band is advisable

ask this nigga

Attached: 1000[1].jpg (1000x750, 75K)

JUST BUY SAME SHIT FOR $.35

I DO FASHION IN MY AREA
WHAT I WEAR BECOME FASHION

autist

Lol chinks make shit like this to sell to other chinks

They are reliably about 5% effective.

Anything not 3M is basically wasting your time

Try asking in

>Anyway, do any Jow Forumsents here own and use such masks?
I have picrel at home (City with sub-par air) and it's a bit tight so I don't use it often.
My dad found it in a soldier's "grave".

Attached: 2689923_w200_h200_pbf1.jpg (180x200, 9K)

Did you know that those masks have asbestos as one of its filtering elements?

>Did you know that those masks have asbestos as one of its filtering elements?
I do.

I was considering getting something due to the hazardous near 300 levels in SF recently, but I thought I'd look pretty dumb stepping outside and taking it off to smoke.

get out of here stalker

at least you know what's killing you

MESOOOOOTHELIOMA

IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY MESOTHELIOMA, YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR A CASH SETTLEMENT

CONTACT US TODAY

>anti-smashing
stack smashing?

>unironically living in a city

He has very tiny glasses

I use this:
respro.com/store/product/cinqro-mask
Pls no bully

If it looks like the OP image instead of this, it's chinese trash

Attached: N95-8210[1].jpg (537x600, 175K)

kek

>N95
What about harmful particulates smaller than 2.5 micrometers, user?

> the worldwide genocide happening due to air pollution -- especially in cities
We don't really have much of a problem here. Usually the air is just fine. So what I actually make of this is more or less that your government should get off its arse and fix the air quality rather than relying on people maybe mitigating the health risks on their end.

>chinese trash
That sounds wrong; the Chinese AFAIK have a lot of good masks and filters due to their huge pollution problem.

Yeah man, you need a mask rated to filter out everything bigger than 0.000282 micrometers.

(cont'd)
BTW the disposable masks are kinda crappy even just for comfort - better use these 7500 series or the 6000/6500.

Attached: 3m-7500.jpg (400x289, 17K)

Particulate smaller than 2.5 micrometers is considered more harmful since it can penetrate deep into your lungs.

Chinese make a lot of masks, but "good" is not typically used to describe these products

you can go n99 but you're making a bigger tradeoff on breathing effort. n95 is still great compared to the OP mask that probably can't block a wad of jizz

>"good" is not typically used to describe these products
The [urban] Chinese got choice, they wouldn't really use masks that are shit at this point. Sounds unlikely that they'd all consider the ones they're wearing as not good. And the export market is pretty much equally or even more critical about what it buys.

Most seems to use surgical masks, which protect people from germs from you, but leaves you completely unprotected from everything else.

People are dumb.

Looks like a good idea to blow your face off with

Let's exclude the people who use random surgical masks meant to trap bacteria in liquid droplets or prayer or crystal energy or feng shui?

I mean only people who use filter masks like OP would suggest - made primarily for protection against particulate matter, including urban fine dust particles. There seem to be plenty of these, and I think they're generally fine.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mijia-Smartmi-3-PCS-Filter-Mask-Block-97-PM-2-5.jpg (640x640, 134K)

Where's the hole for a cigarette?

The general population doesn't perform testing to confirm efficacy and there are no enforced government standards. Meanwhile, the placebo effect is strong.

Surgical masks are for blocking aerosolized droplets, like to avoid getting microdroplets of spittle into a patient you've cut open. The Asian meme that they help you avoid getting a cold is on the level of the Korean fan death thing.

it's not about avoid getting cold, it's about not spreading billions of germs if you have one.

>Anti-smashing
Is it because you need one of those if you go to a smash tournament?

I use this

Attached: sub.jpg (236x214, 7K)

> Xiaomi-Minja

xiaomi make the most aesthetic one

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Bane?

I'll just get shot by cops wearing these edgy looking masks.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

Unless it blocks out 5G, you'll become a part of a different statistic much sooner.

This, or you'll get asked to leave some places because it covers up some of your faace.

>take off mask and put in pocket with no effort
Wow, that was hard.

Nice photoshop

Mexicans?

I believe they hired a bunch of models as they usually seem to do; it's a >20bn USD revenue company.

Attached: xiaomi-mijia-airwear-mask.jpg (715x966, 189K)

And while the Chinese seem to photoshop a whole lot of accessories on western models, I think there is not that much of a "need" to do this with Chinese models. Maybe because they got plenty of these at hand.

Attached: chinese_mask.jpg (818x818, 68K)

> You merely adopted the Xiaomeme

>ebay.com/itm/Dust-Electric-Mask-PM-2-5-Outdoor-Mask-Gas-Filter-Protection-Respirator-N99/332904950166

Fucking garbage, I can guarantee that thing won't work and will be uncomfortable.

I used to wear respirators for work, you can't cheap out, this one is good.

homedepot.com/p/3M-Pro-Medium-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-with-Quick-Latch-65023QLHA1-C/206408988

Real respirators have replaceable filters in a standard size.

Are you, dare I say, a big guy?

I saw something with silver or something in some shop but I can't remember exactly what it was or the shop's name. It was some kind of filter mask. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Those are shit, get pic related with purple filters.

Attached: 3m-7500series.jpg (800x800, 59K)

Would people care who I am if I put on the mask?

Only after you do it

>engrish
they're not designed for that purpose and aren't very effective for it.
besides that, not sure if it's been studied properly, but I've heard a few times that cultures that use those masks extensively tend to have higher respiratory disease transmission rates because of the false belief that the masks are effective. people put the masks on and go outside/to work and end up spreading germs everywhere.

you're trapping in your own bacteria an shit with these things

This, utilitarian /fa/ is best /fa/, everything else is faggotry.

There is no faggotry without fa.

For you.

If I took your mask of, would you die?

Your life would become less painful.

Attached: cheers.png (592x595, 232K)

Get a 3M mask with replaceable filters.

Don't bother with no name garbage brands.

Attached: 544_Particulate-Filters-and-GasVapor-Cartridges-1.jpg (500x231, 126K)

Purple filters are just for solid particles.

Doesn't work for gases.

My daily driver, p100 FTW

>forgot pic

Attached: P100.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

tfw you finally understand Shredder's face covering

Nice affiliate marketing links, but for me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

> the daily dilemma of an American: will I get shot if I look like this?

If I pull that off, will you die?

Shouldn't you use an R or P rated mask instead of N for petrochemical pollution

Aren't masks designed for protection from diseases completely pointless if you're not wearing goggles?

Attached: 2ueQLO2.gif (167x250, 1.11M)

A flu mask is to keep your own gross flu germs from spreading to other people.

If you're going to be wading in and amongst the ill then you wear a tvek onesie.

Attached: hazmat__1319490129_9782.jpg (539x400, 130K)

Particle won't do shit against pollution, even asbestos-grade won't do shit (I've used them a lot in work), and they're closer to $20 a mask.

Ordered one of Mi's, hope it's decent.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.13.15 pm.png (721x508, 224K)

>Mi
>Needing to photoshop

So... you asked for advice about a type of product, everyone told you to buy something else, and in the end you bought the original anyway?
Sounds about right for Jow Forums

Would those, paired with sunglasses, help against facial recognition technology?

Also
This

He probably used it because of wildfire pollution.

who is she?

Why would air pollution be a concern for you then.

I'm not op, that was my first post.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-polluted_cities_by_particulate_matter_concentration
If you don't live in any of the top 70 cities you're just gonna make yourself look ridiculous. And considering the links appear to be from the US you're basically being paranoid. Worry about more impending life threatening dangers in your area (like school shootings and being hit by a car).
Just grow a pair, faggot.

No.

Do you go around telling people to pick up cans?

>just grow a pair
Testicles don't filter harmful gases or particles that enter your lungs you dumb faggot

Why not get a rebreather and defend against gas attacks? Also are there any kevlar gasmasks? Asking for a friend.

It's still a valid concern for vehicular cyclists huffing muffler exhaust every day.

it's hard to get them outside of chinkland

Make sure you masks have NIOSH certification. Also, N95-99 only protect against particulates. Look to the 3M masks with filters for protection against fumes and vapors.

I think you have that backwards, the legit 3M masks are at most hardware stores in the US, but it's hard to find them in Chinese cities (I've tried).

Even better

You'll need this.

Attached: kzky2ka6gj0z.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

This

based

Attached: dabs.gif (400x208, 277K)

Lol the state of city fags

Attached: 365feb162.jpg (588x391, 74K)

I used a 3m respirator that had pm 2.5 filters clipped over organic solvents cartridges when I went to China. On the 350 ppm days it would literally be a lifesaver if I had to step out to get some cigarettes or lamian noodles.

Some stinks are powerful enough to be smelled even through the respirator, though.

Attached: b29363f4-eb44-4213-af70-94c85d095d01..jpg (1024x678, 280K)