CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei arrested in Vancouver, sought by U.S. for extradition

cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-huawei-arrest-cfo-1.4934269

never trust em

Attached: wanzhou-meng.jpg (780x439, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/law/2012/jan/13/piracy-student-loses-us-extradition
stat.wto.org/CountryProfile/WSDBCountryPFView.aspx?Country=CA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>chink in chinkland getting extradited

Fake news.

She's pretty cute but also manly aat the same time. Are woman in tech all look like that?

She's in finance tho

Might be a trap. It's hard to tell these days.

>Chinese don’t respect agreements
Truely shocking. Who would have thought that the Chinese would violate trade agreements in order to make money

The Chinks must have missed a payment to Trudeau.

>Japan arrests Frenchman Nissan CEO on fake charges to prevent Renault-Nissan merger
>U.S. arrests Huawei CFO to use as a pawn in the U.S.-China trade war

WTF is going on these days?

She's rich enough to afford a ton of makeup and plastic surgery. Most of them don't bother to apply makeup most of the time except for hair dye. They're also usually fatter. They will also hate you.

>trade sanctions against Iran
>U.S. authorities have been probing Huawei, one of the world's largest makers of telecommunications network equipment, since at least 2016 on allegations that it shipped U.S.-derived tech products to Iran and other countries in violation of U.S. export and sanctions laws, sources told Reuters in April.

But, that's Huawei, which abides by Chinese law. What the fuck does US sanctions have to do with this? Is this another crazy Trump scheme where he/associated puppeteers are gonna break down the jurisdiction principles our world relies on?

There's a bigger case for Assange because there's arguably laws broken against that state internationally but this is a different level of scumbaggery.
The wrong people got in power.

Woah hold on now. So you're saying china violated the sanctions as a state and now the US is trying to arrest an unrelated CFO?
Where did you even get this information?

Foreign companies have to abide by national laws as long as they do business in that nation. U.S. prohibits resale of certain U.S.-made goods to Iran, North Korea, and a few other countries, and makes American manufacturers bind anybody that buys those goods to promise not to resell to Iran, etc., and breaking this agreement is illegal and punishable by fines and jail sentences in the U.S. Huawei broke this embargo law.

>orange man bad
Are you stupid? The point of sanctions is to stop your products from going there. If it was as easy as simply buying from a middle man it wouldn't be much of a fucking sanction would it? It's the law, period. Whether you agree with it is your own problem.

You don't seem to understand what a trade sanction is. I won't explain it to you but lets be clear on one thing. If the US has trade sanctions against a country that doesn't imply that every company in the world that trades with that country is breaking the law. They would break the US law if they were US based or have a similar relation to the states that put them in that position. That's how it works. International companies are more complicated but a Chinese company obeys Chinese law. The US can pressure a Chinese company into agreeing to the sanctions by imposing import restrictions on their products (just one measure) but to make a legal claim against them before an agreement is not correct.
>orange man is bad.
Yes he has done some very questionable things and is now facing discovery from that guy who took the plea bargain. It's looking to go south or fully open corruption. I thought this was beyond discussion now.
>as long as they do business in that nation.
No. It'd be an incredibly complicated structure if you let business poison that way. If you remember the Russian trade sanctions it didn't imply that we also had sanctions on Brazil, Saudi Arabia. I the list goes on and covers effectively the entire globe except for those countries that implemented trade sanctions.

Also on the comment about middle men. That is actually a problem that's dealt with in law. It's something people try to do, especially in the arms trade. And it is illegal for the source company if done knowingly (to put it vaguely).

>A spokesperson for the Chinese embassy in Ottawa released a statement protesting Meng's arrest, which it said "seriously harmed" her "human rights."

TIL China cares about human rights.

Attached: burgerface art.png (1200x972, 1.67M)

fake news

>No, it can't be that way (the way international laws actually are) because it doesn't fit with my current understanding of how thing should be

Pretty surprised Canada agreed to extradite her. Guess China doesn't have as much pull there as I thought.

China fucked itself by refusing to handover money laundering and drug trafficking (mainly fentanyl) suspect information to Canada.

No shit, burgers get first priority.

In canada, chinese are like turks

topfuckingkek

>orange man bad
>assange bad
Confirmed agitprop NPC

USA GDP & military > China. Plus we share a border so it's a no-brainer.

Canada is a glorified banana republic dependent on whoring itself out to the US consumer.

Attached: 180531111521-us-china-trade-chart-780x439.jpg (780x439, 42K)

Part 2 of You may see people refer to the trade balance between the US and Canada but it's a deliberate red herring. The important number is how much of the Canadian economy is literally just 'selling shit to America'.

Attached: fig-114-en.gif (379x358, 6K)

Ah! It was a revelation! Chinks work hard to do plastic surgeries.

>I have no idea how sanctions work
Foreign companies can be subject to civil and criminal penalties in the US if they act against sanctions and do substantial business in the US
>He’s gonna be impeached this time for sure
Now where have I heard that a million times before

Can't wait until we start extraditing people for movie piracy too.

Umm...user theguardian.com/law/2012/jan/13/piracy-student-loses-us-extradition

I don't get this whole freak out about Huawei. They are literally better than the fucking money grubbing assholes at Apple who thought it would be funny to prevent any phone on ios9 from activating.

BASED Trump
day of the chang can't come sooner

Attached: 1529123031204.jpg (868x900, 104K)

So close but you didn't get quads because you wrote gay shit

She's kinda hot.

>tfw have a huawei phone
should i be worried?

fbi is gonna come knocking son

here are some actual facts instead of relics from 2002
stat.wto.org/CountryProfile/WSDBCountryPFView.aspx?Country=CA
enjoy trumptards

Still triggered, this is good

Guess what breaking news hotshot everyone EVERYONE is getting tired of Chinas bullshit.

Really funny watching Huawei get the worlds greatest phone by basically stealing everyones phone IP and ripping it off wholesale. NOT

Everyone is rooting for Trump to grind these chinks into the ground but don't want to admit it out loud so no revenge, its understandable.

Your phone is only good and cheap because it is derived from the hard work and ingenuity of others. Don't forget this.

>relic
It fell from 80 to 60. You did it reddit.
>20 percent of the canadian gdp is straight exports to the US
That's a yikes from me.

They sell all their parts to Huawei.

Android vs IOS.

Finally canacucks start un-cucking themselves. I hope this continues, there are too many fucking CPC members in Canada.

Can someone please explain what is actually going on to an idiot, namely me

She is in Canada right now

China might give America the middle finger on electronics exports
Means everything from fridges to phones and computer compobents will become a lot more expensive in america

1. No. Shes not.
2. No one in the c suite wants to fuck your worthless pissin in mt dew bottles ass

That's what he posted.

The US just committed a brazen geopolitcal power move. It escalated the trade war. Stock market went down 800 points after China failed to confirm Trump's Trade War 90 day cease fire on Monday.

The financial markets found out Trump completely lied about the cease fire. A note from JP Morgan came out around 4am saying: ""It doesn’t seem like anything was actually agreed to at the dinner and White House officials are contorting themselves into pretzels to reconcile Trump’s tweets (which seem if not completely fabricated then grossly exaggerated) with reality."

Next day a chinese CFO billionaire who does business in the United States is arrested?

Hmmmm....

Attached: DtksSz2VYAAWIC3.jpg (680x510, 97K)

5g is a BIG market and currently the only thing u.s has to offer is intel solutions...

and we all know how good intel is on anything related radio waves...

Americans are seething China is commercializing "elitist" hardware

Together with zhaoxin and AMD we will have 32c/64t cpus by the end of 2020

>Guess what breaking news hotshot everyone EVERYONE is getting tired of Chinas bullshit.

IF huawei was really MITM on everyone and especially on u.s.a they would have already fucking replaced them
but in reality what is really going on is that an open trade war hence why usa is crying on their allies to stop using huawei in exchange for MONEY

remember the supermicro fiasco once literally everyone with a decent knowledge called it bullshit?
remember the whole cts labs bullshit?
guess who run first both articles
now go back and see why they targeted specifically those 2 companies while intel is practicly banned from selling to china

>we

nice larping faggot

huawei and ZTE are based and (literally) redpilled

This is a canadian tiananman square massacre! - peoples daily

usa requested her arrest on the base that china violated u.s sanctions..

is u.s sanctions a global thing? why they arent they arresting most of the top chinese officials in u.s.a or the greek ship owners that they are still flliping u.s.a off?
or practicly any european that publicly said "nahh we dont care" ?

oh wait i know maybe its because u.s.a cant control china what so ever?
hmm i guess so..

as if u.s.a cares also

so thats why you let panama get into chinese hands?
or the fact that you let china built artificial islands in the middle of nowhere and let them to expand their sea borders by 200miles?
or the fact that they literally took africa from your hands?
or the fact that you are calling argentina facist regime because they agreed on getting loans from china?

u.s.a is pretty much fucked from china all it takes is to china let a hint that they want to liquify the bonds and there is literally not a damn thing you can do to stop them doing so

>is u.s sanctions a global thing?
effectively yes

the us applies sanctions to countries that continue to deal with the original target of sanctions

all those things are either exaggerated or out of america's control

no its not as i said if u.s.a had absolute control of everything they would have still arrest many people..
the greek ship owners are part of a group of 6 companies (5 in bermuda and one in athens) that controls currently the 83% of the oil tanker fleet in the world..all they have to do (like they did in the first sanctions)is to send the oil on the most expensive country to export it (scotland) and from there usa has to pay x3 the price for the same amount hence why the 90s sanctions didnt last so long not even 4 months to be exact
you can find literally everything i wrote with a simple google search
and yes ofc its out of u.s.a control hell even usa is out of usa control dont forget china in june bought 4 major ports in usa

>If you do business here, you have to follow our law for everything you do outside our country
I call bullshit, there has to be some other reason

>She's pretty cute
she literally looks like Jackie Chan in drag

My prediction here is that Trudeau lets her off the hook somehow and then sends Canada into the fucking dust bowl of food prices. He is that stupid.

trade wars user
trade wars..
which is really a DUMB move from usa cause if china upticks the prices of rare earth metals shit is going to explode all over the world..

I know it's trade wars, what I'm questioning is the grounds this detention is based on.

I know about the
>Food analogies
and all, but on the same idea, the legal drinking age here is 18. Let's say I was 19 or 20 yo, and went to the store to buy a 6pack of Miller or some other US made beer. On this basis, US authorities could have my local ones detain me or the seller, which is ridiculous.

Jow Forums - News and Politics

>CIAniggers arrest chinese businesspeople in gay trade war
Fuck off us govt

never trust any cute asian girl, you got 60% chance at least it's a actually a guy

I fail to see the problem

I'd recommend on your first date with any asian gf on to ask her to show her dick

Holy fuck. People should read the comments on the article.

So many pissed off Communist Chinese.

Some of them even do a bad job of choosing English names because they end up spamming the same message.

Must be China's 50 Cent Army.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

I never said anything about an impeachment.
Fucking idiots man. Putting their stupid words in your mouth. I hate it.
Well sourced counter argument.
>how things should be
Seems you didn't even get it. It's unfeasible because it'd imply Russia didn't have international trade.

LOL O2 (UK mobile operator) is full of their kit - data not working since this morning.

>People in this thread not reading the article

The problem is China sent them US-derived tech. If they had sent Iran tech China had independently developed, this wouldn't have happened

That is exactly what people are arguing, if dealing with/using US goods in foreign territory should make you subject to US law

It’s simple. I’m order to use US technology you have to agree not to export that technology to any country the US is currently angry enough at to have some kind of embargo or sanctions in place. If you then break that agreement the federal government will either arrest you if you’re in the US, or wait until iou travel to a country with which they have an extradition treaty and have that country arrest you for immediate delivery to the US.

Isn't that kinda a big deal still given that the chinese never extradite their own? Especially to yankee mutts

USA can't contain China invents some bullshit about Huawei months now keeps failing and now goes as far as to arrest a CFO of one of the biggest Chinese companies...thinking that China actually gives a damn about international law and won't respond back x100 worse..

It's not a counter argument, thats just how things have worked for a long time.

What do you think the UN is for son?

China won't do shit. Just like they didn't do shit until the trade truce.

Violating international law is violating international law. If you don't want to be a part of the international community go right ahead and go back to your pre-industrialist era selling opium. The rest of the world is better off with out you.

Never trust whom, Americans?

Dog eating chinks who will stab you in the back for a nickel when they could be making dimes.

What did she do?

What international law? The Iran Sanctions are pretty one-sided by the Greatest Allies and their Greatest Goyim who try to force them on other western countries.

Attached: 1396839790007.png (349x341, 202K)

Reading is fundamental.

Disagreeing with the law doesn't give you agency to violate the law with impunity.

WHAT LAW YOU FUCKING DICKHEAD

There's a certain Chinese ethnotype that has rather masculine looking women. My last girlfriend was like that. Not to my taste.

The law that Huawei violated and She put two americanized aliases on to sell communications tech with American IP from. That law you illiterate piece of shit.

It's not a fucking law, it's an individual country's sanction. Nobody outside of that country has to respect it, and other countries have no obligation to extradite suspects for it.

there is not an international law for the big three user
laws apply only when it suits them
hence why the sanctions only affect usa and only usa

butthurt jap. eat shit you autistic fagot

This smells suspicious of Drumf being incapable of negotiating a trade agreement despite claiming otherwise, so in order not to get his lies exposed he makes up a charge to arrest a Chinese CEO on so he can call off the deal that never was.

Attached: 1540487401922.jpg (768x960, 147K)

>the law
literally only u.s.a is following with the sanctions
china flipped usa
europe flipped usa
russia is laughing their asses off
asia in general flipped usa
there is literally NOTHING that usa can do to stop anyone doing business with them
this move was just usa trying to show china that they can do whatever they want on their backyard
and to be honest i still think that this shitshow will explode on usa face once more

>there is literally NOTHING that usa can do to stop anyone doing business with them
Well, they can forbid companies from making business in the US, and some are actually scared enough about losing US market that they won't make business with Iranian companies anymore. It's true that the US have absolutely no hold on foreign governments though, or on foreign companies that don't give a shit what the US think of them.

>>never trust em
I agree, never trust Americans.