/INCEL/ IS DEAD

/INCEL/ IS DEAD

forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2018/12/05/huge-leaks-reveal-amds-ryzen-3000-series-up-to-16-cores-and-5-1ghz-frequencies/#7be29b012bba

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>tfw I wanted 8 core 16 thread 5 GHz CPU but that's not on the menu
If my CPU is mostly for gaming should I still go for 12 core CPU that has higher clocks or settle for 8 core which is a little lower? I don't think I'll be needing 12 cores but the clocks are important.

dude 16 cores for $449, literal threadripper desktop for the cheap

>lower clocks but even more cores
that won't be helping in games

>games

32 threads, you can literally run all kinds of software simultaneously for such a cheap price

>gaming
You should stop consuming onions immediately and get a life.

Even 16 threads will do that in home use. I have different computers for different use and I'm getting parts for my gaming PC.

but 16c/32t does everything, literally a server grade cpu at your fingertips

It's not going on a server, though. Games benefit from higher clocks but they rarely benefit from more cores after a certain point, since game devs are lazy. It would not be optimal to get the model that has lower clocks but more cores. Those cores would sit unused while the first few cores are choking. I'm getting either the 4.8 GHz model or the 5.0 GHz model, depending on how much I'll be willing to spend when they are out.

how would my life even change with a nice computer? i operate fine off 1gb ram on 32 bit

u guys suck

im saying it can run server software, not so much take server loads sure, but it lets you prototype, etc

mr brazilian Sempron, is that you?

Vulkan and dx12 kicking in means moar cores will mean moar performance in the upcoming years

NO THIS CANT BE FUCKING HAPPENING
INTEL IS BETTER AT VIDEO GAMES BUY A 9900K RIGHT NOW YOU PIECE OF SHIT GOYIM SCUM

Attached: 1343964088851.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

>how would my life even change with a nice computer? i operate fine off 1gb ram on 32 bit

>u guys suck

Attached: average russian war thunder player.jpg (1024x768, 260K)

looks more comfy than 99% of ‘battestation’

>looks more familiar than 99% of ‘battestation’
ftfy

i wish i had a pc thatretro, i’ve literally been shopping for a vintage pc to rice

Games in the near future and recent present will be using 16+ cores.

Examples merely off of the top of my head for games that are playable right now that use that much: Assassin's Creed since Origins, Star Citizen, X-Plane 11

There are probably many, many others that use up to or above 16 cores like those do, but I haven't looked into it. Point is, 16 cores is now becoming a standard in many extremely different game engines, and will be the norm moving forward. Don't gimp yourself.

I have a hard time believing that those games are using 16 cores, meaning 32 threads since each core has two. Are you sure you aren't talking about threads?

>not disabling SMT for superior gaming performance

Also I think I remember Asscreed using all 32 cores, but SC just uses 16.

Attached: 1429877774644.png (716x768, 852K)

*32 threads

It's past 1 AM

>Games in the near future and recent present will be using 16+ cores
Games can barely use 4 threads efficiently, if any game is using that many threads they're basically doing nothing to make you feel like you didn't waste your money on your processor

Not our fault you are a pentium 3 nigger

>Games in the near future and recent present will be using 16+ cores.
lmao, the eternal bulldozer apologist

just buy Intel

>security holes (more is better)

stop meming, grow up and buy intel

That's right, stop kvetching got and buy Genuine Intel

NOOOOO WE MUST FIGHT FOR JEWISH PEOPLE AND MORE SECURITY HOLES INTELBROS

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Damn, they managed to up the core count and even surpass intel on speeds for half the price. Yuuge if right.

>forbes quoting adored as a credible source for a leak

Attached: eeb1155defe4e1354be6cdb76424bcf7.jpg (1045x1848, 236K)

this but unironically

t. has nice computers and shit is the same except i can install more games that i can benchmark my hardware with for 30 minutes and then proceed to nott even play

You should go for whichever SKU has the highest clocks and overclocking potential for gaming workloads, but due to speed binning chiplets, it's likely that the highest core count SKUs will also be capable of he highest clocks.

We have officially reached "COMPUTING DOESN'T MATTER" levels of anal devastation kek.

oh man oh man oh man!
Can't wait for May to get myself 32 thread CPU!
But want to wait for DDR5 too
god damnit god damnit god damnit...

>It's past 1 AM
So you just woke up?

Finally a good enough reason to upgrade my aging fx8350.
Any word on ddr5?

DELID THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>games in the future will use more threads
>AMD shills since bulldozer days

companies aren't even using dx12 very much and its been years since release

AMD is increasing IPC and decreasing sensitivity to memory latency by doubling L3 cache, so Zen2 should see a significant jump in lightly threaded applications in addition to massively increasing multicore performance.

>sitting on a log like that

Couldn't that give you hemorrhoids?

N-NOOOOOO!
OY VEEEY!
I SHALL ENGRAVE THIS DAY IN MY GENETIC MEMORY SO MY GRANDCHILDREN WILL FOREVER MAKE YOURS FEEL SOORY FOR THE DAY THE RYZEN CAME OUT! THIS IS LIKE ANOTHER SHOAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Attached: 1515177669698.jpg (202x249, 30K)

reporting this to the ADL. AMD shills are going to get fucked for this

>AMD shills complain that most games are designed around Intel
>2 generations of Ryzens later and Intel still leads far ahead in games
>AMD shills pretend instead that they're streamers, professional video editors and other fake shit to cope

oh no no no no

Attached: Capture.png (845x594, 60K)

Go back.

make me bitch

Fuck off and kill yourself, jortego128.

Reminder.

Attached: 1539898335826.jpg (700x5000, 1.83M)

lol so mad but won't do a fucking thing about it cause you're a pussy bitch

STOP KVETCHING GOY AND JUST BUY IT

Attached: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.jpg (1166x910, 144K)

Whatever helps you sleep at night, r*ddit.

>that won't be helping in games
>games
Actually with 16 core and 32 threads, you can run dozens of games.

>what amdrones want
16c/32t ryzens
>what amdrones will get
10c/20t ryzen 3700x
12c/24t ryzen 3800x

seething powerless cuck

>forbes pushing this fake bullshit
tech media is such a joke this leak is completely fake and yet tons of publications are reporting it anyway. reminder that this is the original leak that is sited as collaborating evidence and it's literally fan fiction.

Attached: ryzen-3000-series-leak.jpg (1273x825, 397K)

Only if it is cold.

i love computing, just don't see the need for new hardware in 2018.

I have a feeling Zen 2 is going to be around for a long time. People just won't have the need to upgrade anymore. Also the name is catchy if you pronounce it, "zentoo".
>install zentoo

Dear
>lowest end Ryzen 3 3300 MSRPs at $100 is comparable to the current Ryzen 5 2600 which MSRPs at $200 but with a lower TDP
>the Ryzen 5 26000 performs similar to the 1.5 year old Ryzen 7 1700 that MSRPed at $329
God
>base model Ryzen 5 3600 is 8 cores at 3.6 GHz with a 4.4GHz boost clock, 65W TDP, and MSRPs at $178
>current flagship Ryzen 7 2700X performs similar with a 105W TDP and MSRPs at $329
Holy
>new flagship Ryzen 9 3850X is 16 cores at 4.3 GHz with a 5.1 GHz bost clock, 135W TDP, and MSRPs at $499
>current threadripper 2950X has comparable core count but clocks at 3.5 GHz with a 4.4 GHz boost clock, 180W TDP, $899 MSRP, and requires a different socket than normal desktops
Shit

Are we in the 90s again? Can you imagine if Intel managed to stop fucking up as well and we got to see what was possible with full competition again?

Attached: over the line.jpg (1058x705, 163K)

zentoo for gentoo

Thank god I didn't buy a new build during black friday/cyber monday

AMD still sux and more cores won't save them

>He says while posting on a taiwanese soldering forum

>Zen 2 is just 'moar cores'
cope some more, shlomo

shut up goy and buy intel, what are you, anti-semitic?