I just installed Windows 95. This OS is comfy. Reminds me of being a child

I just installed Windows 95. This OS is comfy. Reminds me of being a child.

Attached: VirtualBox_Windows 95_06_12_2018_08_42_52.png (640x480, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hilgraeve.com/hyperterminal/
forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59559
win31.de/eindex.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, I'm wondering if that Compuserve thing is still usable.

send us your ip so we can ftp

Alright.

That doesn't make any sense.

can you use hyperterminal in these days for something

That's what I was wondering. I don't think the services corresponding to any of those programs are still running. Does that make the programs essentially useless, or can they be adapted to other services?

Now install Windows 98 which is much better.

HyperTerminal still exists as a commercial product
hilgraeve.com/hyperterminal/

I got windows 98 se working pretty good in a virtual machine thanks to a driver/software package from:
forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59559 Some stuff works pretty decently as far as internet browsing goes. Couldn't get youtube though.

Ok so I just went into it to see if I could post here and seeing if stuff like captcha worked and if this post shows up holy shit it did.

You can log into cisco switches with serial cable for example

So HyperTerminal is basically a more limited version of PuTTY?

>$65 for a fucking terminal emulator
lmao the absolute state of win fags

More like putty is a more advanced hyperterminal

>taskbar
pleb

Attached: 61e366a8b7e6d03e1abb99efa7e76f22d4abaef33d903dbe56eb57771f7d1f3f.png (640x480, 6K)

I did this in a networking class literally 10 years ago... how does time fly, anons...?

I run that shit in dosbox
Comfy

I just picked up a big ass Proliant server with Win 2000 Server Family Edition. Admin password was "password" so that was cool. It was some church's server and it still has some accounting info on it. Two 36.4gb 10k SCSI and 2 9.1gb (I think) 10k SCSI drives. It's pretty fun.

FILE:///C:/CON/CON
nothing personnel kid

>100% 32-bit code

>program fucks off to the bottom of a pile of open windows
Literally the worst and clumsiest GUI paradigm used in all versions of Windows. Admit it.

98seguy here, I actually also got a windows 3.11 virtualbox to go online, that was fucking hilarious. Of course barely anything worked but there was a german site (with an english version) that was totally meant for windows 3.11 rendering with downloads to programs. win31.de/eindex.htm

We take the X button for granted now. Before you had to tell it to close shit.

install calmira ii

Is this good enough?
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/

>Before you had to tell it to close shit.
Or you could not be a brainlet and double-click the [ - ] button. Still works today, you can double-click an icon to close.

It's just a standard terminal emulator, those are all just shortcuts to specific configurations not unlike what you can do with PuTTY. It works fine for serial and telnet connections and I use it all the time on systems that have it.
For me it was more just how bulky and awful the window elements are, even at 1024x768 it feels cramped. Iconization isn't that bad, though.

I've got one too, I kind of want to set it up as a Metaframe host with NT4 terminal server.