Opus 1.3 files unplayable on Sansa Clip

>install Rockbox 3.14 to Sansa Clip
>finally encode my FLACs to Opus 1.3
>Every file skips ahead. Can't play shit

I guess it's time to smash this piece of shit and get an Android phone?

Attached: ZjuZU.jpg (1836x2448, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide
rockbox.org/wiki/CodecPerformanceComparison#Sansa_Clip_43_40ARM9E_41
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

compile from source like a sane person
rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide

>flax
>opus
Do you really think you’ll hear a difference in a player that weighs a few grams? This isn’t a high quality device. Just use fucking mp3.

wat

Use the dev branch of rockbox. Stable has not been updated in fucking years.

hmmm

Opus is noticably better than mp3, in compression ratio and sound quality.

You'll likely want to use MP3 on these btw since they have accelerated hardware for decoding those, other formats have to be done on it's CPU and kill the battery MUCH faster.
Its a little detail that is never brought up about the clip.

That reminds me of when mp3 players didn't have hardware decoding for mp3 so you'd get significantly better battery with wav because it didn't have to decode anything.

nobody uses hardware decoding for audio anymore

Clips do to help with their battery life since it has such a low mw/h available to it.

just for mp3?

Get a Shanling M0

can't play opus either you retarded chink shill

I fell for the sansa meme as well, rockboxed it, realized rockbox can't switch tracks if you selected loop one track, returned to stock, used it for a day, returned to using my phone. It's cheap so I didn't bother returning it. Custom ROMs allow switching tracks by volume buttons and if I one day get some high end headphones I could simply get a usb dac to get the most out of those headphones without changing my setup at all. PMPs are a scam.

yeah I should have just stuck to using Poweramp on my phone.

I'm just going to do the same thing I do in every iteration of these threads where OP complains about their old Sansa breaking: remind people that Sandisk is still making modern versions that you can buy right now and that there are also Chinese knock-offs that do the same thing for a slightly lower price. See attached image.

Attached: Sandisk Clip Jam Clip Sport Amazon.png (1133x694, 167K)

>bigger means better

>I'm just going to do the same thing I do in every iteration of these threads where OP complains about their old Sansa breaking
So will I:
>no rockbox

Even if MP3 may be trivial for any CPU to software decode it's still always better to have hardware decoding when battery life is a concern.
Phones still do this now, Modern phones can software decode h264 no issue but will still always use hardware decoding because of the lower power usage

Clip zip user here, opus files play fine with Rockbox.(3.14)

>PMPs are a scam.
I like my DAP, way better experience than using my phone.

>converted thousands of songs to ogg and opus
well shit

Yeah, they were fine on my clip zip. RIP.
I downgraded to an older Sansa and it dosen't handle Opus well, so I switched to Vorbis.

>can't rockbox any
retard.......

crayon muncher

luckily they're playable on your phone you fucking retard
how about not being stuck in 2002 with your completely redundant device
>b-b-but I can totally hear the dif-
no you can't

I'm confused, aren't this things like a decade old? I know I had one long ago. I'm assuming they can't handle some new format?

works fine on my rockboxed Benjie T6

how good are those benjie things?
also how do you put rockbox on it, i cant find it on the rockbox website.

Based Knowledgeable poster.

If you are doing encodes just use mp4 AAC its just as good as Opus untill you start going for meme bitrates below 128kbps and the clip has hardware decoding

t. hi-res lossless guy

Attached: IMG_6884.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

No idea about their other devices, i just bought the T6 because that's the only one with rockbox support and the device itself is great.
Also goes by agptek rocker which is a rebrand of the T6 by agptek, same internals though.
Build is in the rockbox website > dev builds > the first one.

Sansa clips are more than a decade old by now. It should be expected that a tiny block like that just doesn't have the processing power to software-decode heavy formats like opus. That said, I did actually manage to get opus files to play right, but it comes with other glitches so it's really not recommended.

Attached: 1528650699335.png (474x348, 275K)

AAC is trash. Vorbis would be better.

Opus is a whole lot more efficient than MP3.

Look at this moron right here

Works on my machine :^)

:^)

not even close to being the same product your absolute degenerate sperglord fuck

Attached: chamber.jpg (1200x1600, 194K)

>opus files play fine with Rockbox.(3.14)
not 1.3 opus

works on my device

meme device

I don't know about "much" faster, but you get about 30min to an hour less play time if you use flac or opus. But that's just reducing 11.5 hours to 10.5.

>I was bored and tested it.

>Opus

>Dead Standard.

Why do we need yet another compression scheme? Memory is cheap, either use .wav or mp3 like every other cheap ass nigga on the planet.

Attached: Comcast Box.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Rockbox devs have benchmarked playing times of different formats, AAC was among the worst ones with Opus being slightly worse, but MP3 wasn't the best
Musepack it's significantly better for battery life on rockboxed Clip+
I don't recall the Clip+ having HW accelerated MP3 decoding on Rockbox

GOOD. I HOPE YOU NON-PROPRIETARY NIGGERS SUFFER EVERYDAY FROM YOUR GIMPED, SHITTY DEVICES

But Comcast boxes look like this and have 4K with voice remote.

Attached: how-to-set-a-comcast-cable-box-1080p-howstoco-1080p-cable-box-l-31db3b3de9e70632.jpg (1200x920, 54K)

Just load up the SD card on your phone.

>phone
xddddd ebin

>phone
no

rockbox.org/wiki/CodecPerformanceComparison#Sansa_Clip_43_40ARM9E_41