Defend this

defend this

Attached: deb-dpkg.png (800x800, 24K)

.deb spelt backwards is bed.
deb is the opposite of getting laid confirmed.

what about .ian

owait, he kill

Good for servers, it was my first Free as in Freedom(TM) OS and it was just great for everything, the version with preinstalled desktop environment at least was pretty good in 2014.

>shit flows downstream
>deb is as upstream as you can get
>therefore deb > everything else
you can't prove me wrong

Attached: 74bed2691176f74f20eb685ab293d749.png (1000x1500, 1.08M)

Attached: Proxmox-VE-5.2.png (250x250, 5K)

I like the idea of debian but overall it's fucking garbage. If you're trying to run a server use gentoo or openbsd depending on your needs.
If you want a stable desktop use gentoo or slackware.
If you want new software use gentoo or arch.
See the common element in all those? yeah

Are you gonna tell us why you think that way or are you a retard that thinks there's a difference between distros, besides the fact the ones you recommended are all used by hobbyist virgins? Professionals use debian or ubuntu

Wrong. Professionals use Redhat.

gentoo is a meta distro, it's a jack of all trades and a master of them too. It's exactly what you want and has the tools to facilitate it so you don't waste your time reinventing the wheel like LFS
If you depend on others to tell you what tools you need, whatever you're making isn't going to be worthwhile.

Bedrock Linux is way way more meta if you are into distro racemixing

Shut the fuck up and go back to your corner if you don't know what you're talking about

wrong, everyone at google uses debian
>hurr durr google arent professionals
they make more money than every company using any other loonix

it's great if you need a server that just werks

Google is a advertising company not a Software company

google is building software retard it just so happens they also build software that serves ads

i bet the debian people feel great knowing that. when they sit at the table looking at the meager meal the food stamp programme can afford them while the google kikes swim in money.
lesson to be learned, kids: giving your work away for free doesn't pay. gnutards really should switch to AGPL

It works.

whats the deal with debian
what do you gain by using it instead of arch or ubuntu

it's more "free" than ubuntu, I suppose.

What the fuck are you talking about? Debian shoehorns in patches of suspect quality all the time.

Free software isn't meant to be non-commercial. Not even Stallman is that much of a retarded commie. Also, any contribution the retards in the Debian community make pale in comparison to the number of contributions by Red Hat.

It's easier than arch and less bloated than ubuntu, but the only real reason to use it is for servers. If you're going out of your way to install a DE and all the other shit to use debian on your home PC then just get a proper home-friendly distro, they exist for that reason.

everyone at google is lgbt or q
coincidence?

bugs and broken CDs

/thread

Works, stable, non meme distro. Apt can be a bitch pulling tons of shit when you're removing something so careful with autoremove.

There's literally no reason to not use debian besides wanting something more shiny/newer. If you want to wake up everyday with no fear of your OS being unbootable, install Debian. Don't bother with Ubuntus and shit like that, Debian is almost just as easy and much less bloated.

it's literally just an archive containing files to install, metadata, pre-install script, post-install script

put debian+xfce on my t60 (3gb ram limit) & it idles at 230mb. uses less than 2gb when i have all my appz running. pretty easy to install

That's some good shit

no

debian+xfce is a pretty good combination user

based

the majority of their profit comes from ads retard.
if they literally fired all the software developers in the company and just kept legacy maintainers nothing would change (especially since they're a monopoly)

this
rpm is cleaner to write, literally can't defend .deb

I absolutely will not. Flatpaks / comparable tech is needed

I refuse to do so. I don't lie unless I really have to.

They build software specifically to serve ads. All of the services they provide have one purpose – to serve advertisements.

it's meant for lesbians

>using systemd on a server
>stable, rock solid
This meme needs to die.

systemd in general needs to die

Attached: basedandredpiled.gif (367x219, 523K)

headless debain installs are my default choice.

When I started out I tried redhat, but didn't know what I was doing.

Debain works, is easy and in my experience, it's robust, and quick to install.

I read this thread to check if I wasn't missing something.