Based Microsoft is killing edge and contribting to open source

Based Microsoft is killing edge and contribting to open source
theverge.com/2018/12/6/18128648/microsoft-edge-chrome-chromium-browser-changes

Attached: EA05EBE2-E27C-467B-9C1E-04D91F70211B.jpg (1200x800, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/06/18/microsoft_e2_edge_windows_10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Microsoft and the word based should never go together

How is that "killing" edge?

It isn't, it's more like killing chrome.

Honestly, I welcome Microsoft into the "open source" community, they have a bunch of money and talent to contribute.

They obviously benefit through telemetry, but people have snipped that and released builds of things like VSCODE already.

Good products are to come from Microsoft.

Contrary to popular belief:
Microsoft is actually trying to assimilate open source technology to avoid patent costs on software that it can later obtain once said license is up for grabs. One of the major targets it plans to absorb is the market share for cloud computing services. To this they must integrate open platforms that use no-cost methods and make them profitable.

You people forget that microsoft is still owned by a board of investors, not Curry Gates, and its still evil, no matter how much make-up you put on it.

>they have a bunch of money and talent to contribute.
lol they can't even make windows 10 usable after 3 years of "stable" releases. fuck them and fuck their pajeet programmers.

they have a bunch of money only because of their office monopoly.

Remember to ignore posters from iVerge.

>talent

The astounding shittiness of their products begs to differ.

>lol they can't even make windows 10 usable
>literally the most used desktop os
oh ok

nice fallacy

This is going to lead to the death of the web. Firefox is the last non-blink/webkit browser that can still work with the "modern" webm

This isn't good, since lazy web devs will simply focus on Chrome/Blink (forgetting about Firefox and Safari)

Webkit and Blink have been diverging for years, not sure how similar they are anymore.

>we will never see edgehtml as an open source project that can compete with blink
fuck this timeline

>win 10 not usable
>used by most people
>F-F-FALLACY!!!!!

Far from a microcuck fan, but if you can't see the talent, you're a literal brainlet.

>can't see why
lmfao
kys

Popularity does not equal quality. It comes preinstalled on new systems and most people can't even define an OS, yet alone know they can install a different one. Others are either ignorant or locked in due to software. Both monopolies and retards are a thing.

It being utilized by most isn't a result of its quality, it's because it's the only thing that runs the stupid programs they or their overlords insist upon, and often simply the fact that they are fucking retards.

spin it all you want faggots, if some shit is not usable, it wouldnt be used
basic fucking logic

Firefox needs to obtain more fucking users. It's not a bad browser. The problem is the users. Fucking retards, even on Jow Forums think they need 100000 addons installed.
>Oh cool a dark theme addon
>Need my self-deleting cookies addon
>3 addons to block ads
>A youtube downloader addon
>All of the EFF's addons
>Noscript (which fucking died with the new update)
"Hurrr durrr firefox is so slow"

There's a difference between "usable" and ideal *usability*, especially when one compares what is, with the *potentials*, fucking brainlet.

Firefox/Servo are our last hope

Attached: 1481746843394.png (400x389, 48K)

>they can't even make windows 10 usable
>usable
ok retard

I got some Monster energy drinks from the servo

I think MS have the ulterior motive of speeding up chrome on Windows, Chrome on windows is far less optimised than Edge, and the Android/ChromeOS varients of Chrome. It especially makes lower end notebooks (e.g. the Surface Go) look bad because of the poor optimisation - since Edge typically flies on lower end computers.

>"Hurrr durrr firefox is so slow"
Even with my billion addons it feels faster than vivaldi; the only blink-browser I like.

People keep living in cities filled with smog. I guess that means smog isn't bad for you.
I agree that it needs more users. More users will most surely make Firefox even worse in the long run, but if the user base increases, Mozilla will stop sperging out and calm down with their shit (maybe). The rest of your post is retarded: having uBlock origin and uMatrix running will speed it up, not make it slower. There's very little use in noscript after you get uMatrix, and youtube-dl exists. Perhaps addons become a problem for normies, and Firefox's users are indeed a problem, just not in the way you describe.

>retard

Said as linking one user whilst quoting another.

>forgetting about Safari

Why would developers forget about the default browser on all iPhones and iPads?

>People keep living in cities filled with smog. I guess that means smog isn't bad for you.
go on faggot, point out where i said windows 10 wasnt bad
i think its fucking trash (hence why i stuck to 7) but claiming that something is unusable when it is used by most people logically makes 0 sense as an argument

what?

I wasn't specifically calling out addons. It was just an example.
>1000 unneeded addons
That's the point.

>Be linux fag
>"Chromium is da best thing eva"
>Microsoft gets involved
>"Well i never liked it anyway"
Everytime. I know you like to be hipsters about shit but can't you be less pathetic? Because it is starting to give Linux a bad rep.

is there a legitimate reason for why some websites require javascript to do tasks as simple as displaying some text? is it easier for some people to just use javascript for everything?

Jow Forums has hated chrome for years, and I liked edge, it's just as botnet as chrome but hogs less resources

Two megacorp botnets in one browser.
Fantastic.

Attached: 1533833887843.jpg (480x320, 59K)

Define unneeded, because I still don't see your point. I've only mentioned two addons to use, and you can trim it down to one if you really want. At this point, if you don't "need" uBlock origin, you don't "need" a browser.
If their code is open source, auditable and under a fine license, I don't see the problem. Though I'm sure Microsoft will still find a way to spin it in their favor by fucking up users. They should make edge open source as well.

>major targets it plans to absorb is the market share for cloud computing services
"The share" huh, that sure is a juicy target.

What is the point of using windows 10 now that edge will be on windows 7 also?

>I still don't see your point
Because you're a fucking retard. Anyone else with a brain would have saw my point.

>good products
>microsoft
Pick one, they honestly aren't that great in software. vscode has a lot of issues for me. It's decent, and better than the majority of alternatives, but it's still not good.

That's... concerning - it means that Blink gets such a big share that webdevs might focus on it only, ignoring Gecko compatibility.

The privacy tinfoil stuff is strong on FF and I do agree that you don't need all those addons. but, for certain thing like search on the context menu, tab session manager or the self delete cookies are just an efficient way to browse.
Customization adds a layer of complexity that most people don't want to deal with and that's what is killing tecnology in a wide range of subjects.

But Edge is better at playing back YouTube on windows 10.
But only because fucking DRM-locked hardware decoding on 7th generation intels and higher.

Attached: 1453377589287.jpg (250x250, 12K)

Say it with me now:
>EMBRACE
>EXTEND
>EXTINGUISH

Makes sense, all Microsoft software development if focused on the cloud these days since the enterprise has left the Windows platform, why maintain expensive code for Windows ?

It's not as if their users will know the difference.

Embrace, extend, and extinguish. We're at step 1. RIP chromium

Oh, but the rabbit hole goes much, much deeper.
theregister.co.uk/2018/06/18/microsoft_e2_edge_windows_10/

>I welcome Microsoft into the "open source" community
Microsoft is the biggest open-source contributor by the metric of the locs.