Mfw LibreOffice is actually good enough for 99% of the tasks and I don't have to install MS malware on my system

mfw LibreOffice is actually good enough for 99% of the tasks and I don't have to install MS malware on my system

Attached: went_better_than_expected_by_rober_raik-d4clw7g.png (1080x739, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/6.2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell me about the other 1%

I don't even know, maybe some Excel macros or some advanced Powerpoint transitions (lol).

Anything a sane heterosexual person would want to do can be done with LibreOffice.

What? 99% of the time the formatting is all fucked up and pics and tables are missing when you try to open a docx document

>using docx with libreoffice
kek

Unironically look into LaTeX

>not filtering your emails so that everything with .docx attachments goes to spam

seems like you hate freedom

>information you are interested in is in a docx document
>you refuse to open because my freedom as in free beer
>you'l ever know the answer
or better yet
>boss sends you docx
>you ignore because autism
>you get fired

>boss sending you docx
You're in the wrong field fucker

>boss sends you docx
>you insist your boss uses sane document formats because autism
>you quit your job
There, fixed that for you

This.
Freetards being delusional spergs as usual.

>paper due before final exam
>email paper to professor
>somehow fail the exam
>ask professor why
>well user because I've opened your document with microsoft office and all I've seen was pic related. sorry, better luck next time

Attached: Libre Office.jpg (500x408, 186K)

What, he can't open PDFs?

tfw there are people who don't send PDFs when appropriate

Libre office writer kinda sucks
I use abiword

Spotted the liar. Abiword is buggy and abandonware.
Writer is fine. You should tweak the UI (toolbars etc.) a little bit, though, it's bad out of the box.

>clear instructions to send in docx format
>NAH BRO DIS MA UNIVERCITY I DO WHAT I WANT NIGGA HERES UR PDF FUK U

Its dog shit for large excel workbooks, and the writer has shit spell checking. Shit by comparison to ms btw.

>boss sends you docx
>accuse him for discrimination
>get promoted
ftfy

Is Open Office any better?

>>clear instructions to send in docx format
I have no idea what kind of shithole university one has to be, that they want .docx instead of .pdf.

Can I edit my VBA projects with it?

>teacher asks for docx instead of for any good file format

>teacher doesn't even know about pdf

Where are you, in India, or even worse of a shithole?

Fucked up docx happens in between different versions of Massive$hill Office. It's a straight up shitty format. Actually, it's 3 formats - one of them is standardized(and not used by default in M$ Wurd), one of them is used as default by M$ Wurd.

docx just sucks, use .doc or .rtf instead, as they are "legacy" and thus don't get further fucked up by M$

>using docx

docs makes it easier to check for plagiarism. A pdf file could just be a flat image.

tmux+vim+latex master race here. ama

.doc can almost just as easily be flat images

The problem is something completely separate if one has people that send images in a text-based document. I've only seen that being done for scans.

tmux+nvim+markdown&LaTeX here

Reminder that compatibility problems with MS Office are not Libreoffice's fault.
It's Microsoft who can't even follow their own spec, unironically.

What's more, 90% of those problems could be avoided if people simply stopped sending those god damn docx files when they aren't meant for editing. Fucking brainless gov employees, they need to be gulag'd.

The actually nice thing about Libreoffice is Draw, btw. It's by far the most straightforward application I've ever used to make flowcharts and diagrams.

>It's Microsoft who can't even follow their own spec, unironically.

Oh, they can follow their own spec! They just can't explicitly say that they are using their internal, proprietary docx instead of the standardized docx. Confusion and assery probably helps them, as normies are more likely to buy a new version of M$ office due to "broken files". Few people care enough to know that it's M$ whomst ruined their implementation.

>It's Microsoft who can't even follow their own spec, unironically.
Yep. Gotta keep making those file format changes in order to try and keep people locked in the M$ Office ecosystem!

Drop the irony, retard, because that's exactly what they do.

doesn't scale with HiDPI, UX is non-existent
OnlyOffice does it better

>OP implicitly admits that Windows users are the 1%

>tried it on OS X
>looked absolutely awful, kerning was all fucked up
>tried it on OpenBSD
>it's acceptable

Attached: 7fd.gif (494x320, 654K)

LibreOffice works perfectly fine so long as you don't have to work with MS documents.

LibreOffice works perfectly fine as long as you don’t have to work

>You're in the wrong field fucker
You mean literally 95% of office jobs in America?

Clearly doesn't student. Most non shit-tier colleges just parse the text anyway, so it doesn't matter what you turn in, be it .doc,.docx or .odt.

Libreoffice is god.

Attached: 1539056994743.jpg (970x597, 132K)

Impress is beyond fucked. Anyone who says "libre office is good enough" has never used Impress.

I use it at work every day tho

wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/6.2

Make sure to update to 6.2 in week of January 28

impress has always worked just fine for me.
but considering ive been out of college for 6+ years now maybe some shit has changed with microshits .pptx which if you werent a retard you'd circumvent entirely by saving as a odp

No, it's just ass. 100%. I never even tried opening it as pptx, because it irreparably broke just fine as odp.