Java, now that's a real programming language

>Java, now that's a real programming language

Attached: java boomer.png (381x353, 50K)

Blame Minecraft for making all the kids learn java

tfw when its actually not that bad for what it wants to do and fizzbuzzers make stupid zoomer memes about it

Attached: missmewiththatgayshit.jpg (125x125, 2K)

After learning Kotlin, I feel like Java is just too verbose. It's nice having public be the default visibility for methods, as well as having the built in apply and run lambdas for objects. Null safety can be a little annoying, but it's easily dealt with.

Minecraft was the reason I didn't learned java. It was slow, buggy and unrealistically power needy

So what would be a good language to use in its place?

Who said it was a bad language?

complain about the big J all you want. It sure as hell is better than js.
And when speaking about your basic bitch business language, this is the choice you face, you fucking nigger.

Attached: 1517087662441.jpg (1024x1024, 127K)

and runescape

I don't know if any 30 year old boomers actually believe this

Cucked boomer

Anything but.

I mean, I guess please don't use C# or Objective-C, but anything else is pretty much fair game. I've heard of this neat thing called malbolge if you want to give that a try.

whats wrongs with objc desu

Literally everyone

I'd rather program in javascript all day than Java.

Unironically. It's that bad.

Hi Mr. Cook

JS is not a programming language u colossal faggot

i like python and ironpython for most tasks

if i needed more performance id go with c or c++ but i think applications that genuinely need that are quite the minority

Too bad they don't have macros. Having a proper macro system would make it golden.

this 1000%

What is it then?

God dam this is "delete system32" levelnof advise.
Java is good language. And if you know it you will get job. All nim/haskel/etc memes are hobyst tier - imposible to land job.

Except that JS is programming language.

C, C++ both seem to be what’s recommended the most for more elaborate programs. Why is this (in the process of learning python)?

Being able to do manual memory management helps a lot when making performance oriented programs

they're about as close as u can get to assembly without going full retard, so it's just more computationally efficient. with each layer of abstraction things tend to be easier but more expensive to do

python is great for most things because very few people actually need the performance from c++/c and you can still create enterprise apps and webapps with it. you can whip up some crap in Qt in Python like you could in C, and in ironpython you can use WinForms and WPF just like if you were in C#.NET or VB.NET (VB.NET is what I would choose to learn if i wanted to get into the .NET framework just starting out). so if I need to connect something to SqlServer or use some other .NET stuff I'll go for IronPython usually (it also has an IDE in SharpDevelop that includes a winforms designer)

there's also delphi but that costs bux

but sometimes python can be a good choice, see stackless python famously used in Eve backend in a performance critical application.

the speed differences come from the layers of abstraction i told you about as well as the interpreted vs compiled thing

malloc(3) and free(3) are slow as shit, though. And it's easier to write safe garbage-collected code with low GC pressure than manually managing a memory pool.

Unless you've tried with GC and it really didn't give you enough performance, then and only then start dicking around with your own memory management. Just don't go full retard and start using malloc and free directly.

go shill your snake shit elsewhere faggot

Just don’t be a faggot and valgrind your shit

Like me back in the days. Good times. Sip.

>valgrind
False sense of security. It's not realistic to exercise every single code path that contains any possible permutation of allocations and deallocations. It's a combinatorial explosion.

I did not say it, so it's not everyone. Also, using the word 'literally' does not make your point seem more valid.

Java is fine, Java is good.

>fizzbuzz
what happened too foo bas?

It wasn't the reason, but it's probably the thing I got the most mileage out of back then.
The state of Java has been sad since Oracle.