Is it worth it for 999$

My local Best Buy has it on sale for 999$ should I pull the trigger and buy it?

Attached: AD9ABB87-C211-417F-BD9E-C1677DD28C8D.png (750x1334, 644K)

>lets disrupt the laptop
>how?
>get rid of hinges so you can't angle the screen correctly unless its on a table

You could buy a ThinkPad tablet for like 100 bucks.

>intel

Attached: 1540925184623.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

NO
Buy only libre hardware

this and this is why pic related it the best lapable laptop there is right now

Attached: onahole.png (1882x1034, 1.36M)

>incompatible with Linux

>macshit
>lapable
>sterilizes your balls and melts your thigh skin off

Attached: 1521293575501.png (338x740, 100K)

>Less than 1ghz

Jesus christ its like first gen air

Heh, hehe, ha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAHA
$1,000+ for a core i5, 8gb ram, and 256gb ssd? AND they don't include the pen? Hahahaha who would buy this garbage?!

Attached: popcorn_pepe.png (500x500, 125K)

No, go for the Asus Zenbook UX430UA. You could get all those spec and save like $200.

Why not just build a mini-itx pc? A 2200G build would be like $300 and like 4X faster and you can upgrade to zen 2 when it comes out.

Attached: 5E844632970F44D98AE159FBF72458C2.jpg (750x706, 117K)

*deep sigh*

Attached: Untitled.png (761x553, 157K)

Fuck outta here with your dildo, faggot.

Fuck off nigger.

bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bb-but my bideo gayms

Not even a big deal

>n-trig
>PWM
The real problem

It was $800 during Black Friday. Probably will be that price again around Christmas.

Where is the 5-10 watts AMD cpu...?

If it was the Surface Pro, the keyboard, AND the stylus then yes, $999 is a decent price, but no stylus, forget it.

It actually is, if the response times is higher than the frame times then the display literally cannot display above said frame times (ie fps).

Assuming best case scenario where you display black and white images (no grayscale) the fps is capped at 34 FPS and even then its all smeared a cross the screen with motion and ghosting artifacting.

I'm not even a gaymer but those horid response times will always keep my from buying a surface pro. I have a monitor from like 2012 I paid $200 still working with 8ms response time and occasionally I will notice motion and ghosting artifacting when moving/resizing windows or web browsing. Can't imagine how bad 29+ms must be.

Attached: bfb.jpg (500x544, 112K)

>fucking retard who can't understand the difference between latency and throughput

I would've gotten a Surface over my Lenovo if they didn't make them so damn small. The screen sizes they make need users to squint and makes it hard to do work

Ive never taken the stylus out of my backpack ive owned surface pro 3 and 4

Response time is NOT the same as input latency, it is the time it takes for pixels to change from one color to the next. When these pixels are still in the process of changing colors and a new frame is requested the display will skip frames so the pixels can be in sync with the sound as close as possible.

Are you fucking blind? Those graphs clearly show they are measuring up AND down.

Right which is the official ISO designation for describing a pixel changing back and forth from one color to another. The display is literally taking the time of 2 frames just to change from one frame to another completely. Very bad and means it's literally impossible to display more than ~34 frames in a single second and so frames will constantly get dropped as the display struggles to minimize display and audio sync.

Attached: sketch1544153339613.png (688x568, 445K)

>He still doesn't understand the difference between frame times and frame rate.

>ligma
Ligma what?

Medium-tier bait.

>the i5 and 8gb model
Hell yes. I love my 2017 one. It's great for drawing in Photoshop. Pro tip: install GestureSign (it's free) and if you have a laptop or desktop already, something like a software kvm program like Synergy so you can use this tablet as a second display when you want to.

It literally has a hinge for the stand.

Do what you want. I don't give a shit.

Ligma nuts!

Yeah sure. I personally didn't get a surface pro this year because I'm mad they didn't put a USB c port on it, but it's overall a great tablet with a keyboard.

Your kind is not welcome here.

Not him but how is it physically possible to display more than 34 frames per second if the response time is 29ms? In a perfect world (ie CRT display) each frame is displayed for 1000/frame rate milliseconds, so something like 60 fps would mean every single one of the 60 frames in a second would be show for 16.6666... seconds.

If it takes almost 2 of those frames just to change the pixel color with 0 time to even show individual frames (ie constant pixel smearing) then how would it be possible to display 60 separate frames in a second?

Attached: 1542331987513.jpg (1084x1027, 380K)